Change Text Case

Anyone know how to change the case (from all caps to lower case, or just first letter cap) without retyping all the text in a worksheet?  Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

a formula
=lower(a1)
=proper(a1)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Chel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how to change the case (from all caps to lower case, or just
first letter cap) without retyping all the text in a worksheet?  Thanks!

0
Don
12/3/2003 4:15:59 PM
Chel,

You can use a macro like the following:

Sub ConvertCase()
Dim Rng As Range
For Each Rng In ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells _
            (xlCellTypeConstants, xlTextValues)
    Rng.Value = StrConv(Rng.Text, vbProperCase) 'or vbLowerCase
or vbUpperCase
Next Rng
End Sub

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Chel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how to change the case (from all caps to lower
case, or just first letter cap) without retyping all the text in
a worksheet?  Thanks!

0
chip1 (1821)

2006 Yodlee changes?
The fact that you're using Yodlee to sync shouldn't require a Passport or data on MS servers. Password and other info could be held on your local PC like other online services, or accessed via an existing Yodlee account. Does Money 2006 still require a Passport and all data on MS servers to utilize the Yodlee sync services? Thanks - John I don't know for sure, but if I tell you I think this has not changed in M06 I will surely incite a better answer if there is one. I think it was a key part of the implementation design--I think they actually do the Yodlee sync stuff s...

Picture Caption Text Flowing Over Picture
Printer says my captions (text underneath picture) are are flowing or printing over the pictures in my newsletter. My printout and hard copy look fine? any suggestions would be appreciated. I use MS Publisher 2000 Thanks Technically this should not happen with Publisher 2000, but it does. Suggest you give the printer a PDF file instead. That way you can be virtually guaranteed it is going to print the same on the printers system. -- >-----Original Message----- >Technically this should not happen with Publisher 2000, but it does. >Suggest you give the printer a PDF fil...

Cell Last Changed DateTime
I have built my own portfolio management spreadsheet, which pulls stoc quotes from the web. What I'd like to do is to keep track of th historical values of the portfolio. Specifically, this is what I'm trying to do: 1) portfolio is on worksheet WS1, with a cell (call it A1) containing fomula which returns the current total of the whole portfolio, 2) history data is on worksheet WS2, with column A populated with series of dates, 2/15/2004, 2/16/2004, etc., and B (to be) populate with the A1 of WS1 of that day, 3) whenever A1 of WS1 changes, I'd like to record the value of new A i...

excel changes my figures
hi I tryed to inpit this info into a chart 0.008199 6.3 0.0151625 6.8 0.006469 7.5 but it keeps changes the figures round for eg: 6.3 - 6.8 - 7.5 ends up being 1 - 2 and 3, how do I stop this from happening and get it to make the original figures go in, I am hoping to create a column chart that shows rate of reaction vs 3 different pH levels, also using standard error bars as i am using the means of the rates of reaction (the error bars I have found) its the figure changing I cant seem to figure out. -- thanks to all Try this: Chart -> Source Data - > Series Tab I bet you don...

Enforce password change
How do you turn off the Enforce Password Change feature? That is set on the user. Choose tools-setup-system-user. You will see a checkbox for enforcing the password change. This is assuming version 9.0 Great Plains with SQL 2005 and Windows 2003. "Elaine" wrote: > How do you turn off the Enforce Password Change feature? ...

Apply changes on a form
Hi I have a form with textbox and a button and I would like to apply the changes to the textbox as soon as the user clicks the button before the user changes the record or close the form Thank you, Samuel -- Samuel Shulman SBS Technologies Ltd 07917 447730 Try code like the following for the button's Click event: Private Sub MyButton_Click Me.Dirty = False End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Samuel" <samuel.shulman@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:%23RbqciOsHHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &...

Changing column widths
I am trying to reduce the widths of several columns on my worksheet and keep receiving the error "cannot shift objects off sheet." Can anyone let me know why I am getting this error and how it can be overcome? Thank you. Andrew Hi you may have probelms with your used range. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Andrew Jones" <andrew.jones@etrade.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0fea01c4a72c$def738c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to reduce the widths of several columns on my > worksheet and ke...

Change Header/Footer in a table
If I choose to print a table in Database view, how can I change the default headers and footers? Or is this not possible? I have Access 2000. Specifically, I am opening a table in Datasheet view, then clicking Print Preview. I don't know how to modify the headers and footers. Please help. Thanks, Cindi If you want an answer, you should post this question in the Access newsgroup. "Cindi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:104801c4ff11$109dcb00$a601280a@phx.gbl... > If I choose to print a table in Database view, how can I > change ...

Setting 'Track Changes' as default
Hello All I am using Windows 2K Professional & Office97. I have a macro in an access mdb that outputs various files in excel format. Is it possible either: to use access VBA instead of the access macro to specify that the excel 'Track Changes' option is automatically set to 'True'; or to specify elsewhere that all new excel files to have the 'Track Changes' option automatically set to 'True' In either case, the sub-options 'When' should be set to All, 'Who' set to Everyone, and 'Where' should be left blank (i.e. applies to the who...

Changing license key
Is it possible to change license key in RMS? I introduced one key before and would like to change to another one. Thank you in advance. Regards ...

change default arrange by
Does anyone know how to change the default arrnage by from Date to something else permanently? I want all new folders to automatically have the new Arrange By, but I can't find where to change the default to a new default. Peter, View settings are per folder and generally cannot be set globally. Thanks, -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Peter" <peter@kokas.net> wrote in message news:358901c3fd46$33c62eb0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to change the default arrnage by from &...

How to change startup form in vc++ MFC
hi friends, can anyone tell me how i can change form which starts first in vc++ mfc, actuallly i am inserting a form but whenever i run a program it will start default form and i need to run my form which i have inserted.... hardik wrote: > hi friends, > can anyone tell me how i can change form which starts > first in vc++ mfc, > actuallly i am inserting a form but whenever i run a program it will > start default form and i need > to run my form which i have inserted.... Is this a dialog based application? If so, the initial form is determ...

Excel Formatting Changes not Saving
I have a spreadsheet that is saved into GroupWise DMS. Each time you open the ..xls and make simple formatting changes, then Save and re-open, the changes aren't there. I saved a local copy of this .xls, but formatting changes still did not save. I tried a Detect & Repair and received "Error 1919: Error configuring ODBC data source: MS Access database: ODBC Error 6, Component not found in the registry." When checking ODBC properties in Admin Tools, I receive error: "The setup routines for MS Access driver (.mdb) ODBC driver cannot be found. Please reinstall the...

How do i change a digit into word i,e 1 = one
Hello! It is Hari Krishna, RAIPUR when ever i using the Excel it is probleamitic for me do a single work two times, first i write a digit then in words like 100 then in words like one hundred so, i want to minimise my work. pls help There is no direct functions to convert this. For a VBA solution check out the below links http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360 http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Jacob "HARI KRISHNA" wrote: > Hello! > > It is Hari Krishna, RAIPUR when ever i using t...

How do I change the default email Template folder in Outlook? (nt)
Why do you think that's something you want to do?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "corn" <corn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:B6BFA326-22FD-467B-B2E6-49E076D388F5@microsoft.com... > I like to save these for easy access, so I can attach them to email without thumbing through several folders. On to...

need to change size of insert screen to read the name of image
I am trying to insert a picture into a word file, but the name of the image is so long, that I can't read the jpg number on the pictures. How do I change the size of the box that lists the photos I am inserting? Double click the "Title bar" of the "Insert picture" dialog box. flpower wrote: > I am trying to insert a picture into a word file, but the name of the image > is so long, that I can't read the jpg number on the pictures. How do I > change the size of the box that lists the photos I am inserting? ...

changing a series 'value' label to 'none planned' ?
I have 2 graphs which show planned and actual manpower figures for various work sites for a day. Sometimes there are no planned workers on site for that day and I would like to display 'None Planned' rather than the usual '0' which appears if there are none planned. Is this possible? -- neowok ------------------------------------------------------------------------ neowok's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5940 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=274120 Hi, You will need to add a helper column t...

code to change a form's allows?
I am wondering what the code syntax is to tweak a form's allows? Allows deletions? Allows Adds? etc I know how to do it in the right-clicked form properties manually, but I need it to be based on conditions. Reason I need this is because I have one form that all users open. Depending on their window's username, I have a security table that tells me what role I want them to have in the database. Depending on their role, some users have more rights than others on this form. I want to adjust the form to allow additions for some users, but not others. Me.AllowAdditions = Fals...

text saved as ms application.
Hi, I had a very strange thing happen last night. I saved 2 text files on notepad and went to bed. this morning the computer had updates so I let them run. When I checked on the two files I saved last night they were both saved as ms applications. how did that happen. can I retrieve the text files? I have Vista This newsgroup is for discussions about Microsoft Access, a relational database program. You may do better posting in a group for Vista. That said, try making a copy of the files and renaming them with a txt extension. I'm not sure what you mean by ms applicatio...

Put a value of a cell in text box
Hi. Please need help. Could i put a value of a calculated cell in a text box. In another sheet of the same workbook. Thanks for your help. Regards. I put a textbox from the drawing toolbar on sheet2. With that textbox selected, I put this in the formula bar: =sheet1!a1 And when sheet1!a1 changes, so does the text in the textbox. Pasmatos wrote: > > Hi. > Please need help. > > Could i put a value of a calculated cell in a text box. In another sheet of > the same workbook. > > Thanks for your help. > Regards. -- Dave Peterson Try this: Click on the Text...

Limited Form Field (text) continuation page
I am using Word 2007. I have a form with a text field on it with a length limit to protect the integrity of the form. However, I have found that many times the form length is not sufficient for the information that is required. I would like to add an additional page with some header information to link to other form fields on the first page, however, I don't want to do this unless there is more information than will fit in the first form section. I have a small section of text in the corner of my form field that tells the user that an additional page can be used. I can a...

make a text box visible and non visible
Hi there, Hopefully, someone can help me with this. Is there a way of making a text box visible through a if then statement on a form if it meets a certain condition. ( using Control Sources function on the property box) for example. Make the text box visible if not equal to zero else change the visible property to not being visible. Or is there another way of accomplishing the same thing using the property box conditions or something else I hope this makes sense. Thanks What you want to do is easy enough, but how will you get data into the text box? Based on your descripton, I ...

How can I size merged cells to fit the needed rows of text?
I've got data that can contain a long text string for one field. I currently merge 6 cells across and set the rowheight to 6 times the normal row height, and enable text wrapping. Sometimes this is too much space, other times it's not enough. Fonts unfortunately don't space characters uniformly, so I can't do it based on text length. Is there a way to do this based on how many breaks Excel puts in when wrapping text, or another method? You can Autofit rows with merged cells only by using VBA. One of the many drawbacks to using merged cells. If you want to ...

text form field in a cell
I have built a form in a table. For each field I have inserted a text form field into a cell of fixed size larger than the text field object. Is there a way to make it so that if you click anywhere in the cell that the cursor moves to the text form field that is in that cell. Currently if you click in the cell the cursor will move to the next text form field in the table. Any suggetions including changing the form format by not using form fields woud be apreciated. Have you protected the document for filling in forms? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgro...

Copy and Paste from One Document to another without changing forma
Everytime I copy and paste from one publisher 2003 document to another the formats change after I paste it to a new document. Then I need to go to the new document and change all the formats for each text box so it includes all of the text in the original tex box. It defaults to something other then what was pasted from the original document. How can I change it keep the same as what I originaly copied dltgng wrote: > Everytime I copy and paste from one publisher 2003 document to another the > formats change after I paste it to a new document. Then I need to go to the > new do...