Change records

Hello:
I have some data in the following format:
LA
Is there any easy way to change the format into:
LA A B C D
Thanks in advance!
0
Vincdc (8)

> I have some data in the following format:
> LA
> Is there any easy way to change the format into:
> LA A B C D

1. Select the data.

2. Use "Edit >> Copy"

3. Select an empty cell someplace where you want the result to start.

4. Use "Edit >> Past special" and choose "Transpose"

5. Click "OK"
Thanks for your quick response!

"Jay" wrote:

> > I have some data in the following format:
> > LA
> > Is there any easy way to change the format into:
> > LA A B C D
>
> 1. Select the data.
>
> 2. Use "Edit >> Copy"
>
> 3. Select an empty cell someplace where you want the result to start.
>
> 4. Use "Edit >> Past special" and choose "Transpose"
>
> 5. Click "OK"

0
Vincdc (8)

Automaticaaly change email editor
After I installed Outlook XP to my users, by default it will use Word as the mail editor. Can I change it by registry or group policy? Many thanks. ...

How do you protect Publisher (2007) documents from changes?
I need to know how to protect my Publisher documents from changes when I send it to another computer. Send it as a .pdf file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "EFO" <EFO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92FBCB96-B4CA-43CC-BB0F-D5D7C6800E13@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to protect my Publisher documents from changes when I >send > it to another computer. ...

Change Y-axis tick labels to text, possible?
Hi, Suppose one has data scored from 0 to 5 for 3 variables and the corresponding bar chart's Y-axis has 6 tick labels 0 1 2 3 4 5 running along the Y-axis. It it possible to change these tick labels to text (say, Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Neutral, etc)? I noticed that if one copies a chart into powerpoint and then 'ungroups' the elements of the chart, the Y-axis tick labels can be changed, but it doesn't seem possible within excel (nb: I want to write a macro within excel to perform this task). Thanks for any advice. Hi, You can create your own axis label...

Change control color
Many thanks to everyone on this newsgroup. Even if I havn't posted much, I still learn a lot from reading other people's discussion threads! Anywho, my question: Is there a way to change a control's color based on a cell's value without using VB? Specifically, I want to change the fill color for a Oval drawing control from green to red and back again. If I can't do this outright, then I will probably rig something using Conditional Formatting and background colors. Thanks in advance! Alex Brewer. Right-click the shape and go into Format Autoshape. -- HTH Bob Ph...

Access 2007 Report-How ot change start of week 2 Monday 4 weekly g
Hello, Making a report in Access 2007 and I am grouping the data by week. Access starts the week on a Sunday. Can i change it to Monday for this Report? Thanks! On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:08:01 -0800, Luc Barrette wrote: > Hello, > > Making a report in Access 2007 and I am grouping the data by week. Access > starts the week on a Sunday. Can i change it to Monday for this Report? > > Thanks! Asked and answered yesterday. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail Thanks Fred but I could find the control that you were refering to. C...

Numbering Records with sort
Bumping this up to the top for one last question. One last question about this, in my table it is sorted by Facility and Cycle Time. I want it to number how it is sorted in the table. Is there syntax to have it sort that way? I have tried moving the fields around in the select statement and in the Group By. Thanks again. "Keith S" wrote: > I have a request to be able to sequentially number records in a query. I > have looked in the forum and found similar questions, but I guess I am not > making the connection. I have a table named, Cycle_Time, that I am runnin...

-1 returned as last record of recordset object
Hey All, I'm using a DAO.recordset object to retrieve info from an access DB, and when I transpose the records onto my Excel workbook, the final record ends up with the "absolute position" indicator of -1, hence, when i try to extract any data from said record, I get a "Run Time Error 1004: No Current Record". I've never used "application.transpose" before, but short of going column by column, I couldn't find any other way to copy/paste the data one record at a time. There are too many columns in each record to do it column-by-column. In case it he...

Reverse Hyperlink
I have a spreadsheet that contains e-mail address, but the sheet shows them just as: don johnson email 123 Walnut city state Well, the "email" is actually a link to the persons e-mail address. If i choose "Edit Hyperlink" the link shows "mailto:test@test.com" What I want to do is go through the 1,000's of rows and replace the word "email" with the actuall e-mail address (not the mailto: part, but just the test@test.com)... Please help... thanks, jared On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 18:44:34 -0600, Jaredean <shop@prolook.com> wro...

Possible to change controls for individual entries in subform?
We have a continuous subform sfmOrderDetails, and each detail has a checkbox if it included in the final order. (we are using this as opposed to just deleting the entry in order to trace order entry problems.) I'd like to make any entry which has been unchecked appear very conspicuous that it's no longer part of the order. I was thinking a strike-through line. Is it possible to make a control visible and/or disabled for individual records in a continuous subform? Right now, if I change it, it's changes for each record in the subform. Look into conditional formatting, it&#...

How to change Public Folder hierarchy Server?
Is it possible move public folder "Folder" place holder from one server to another? Here is the situation: when you install first Exchange 2003 server in Ex5.5 org, the first server will hold the PF hierarchy role. How do we change this role to a new server? I still have Ex 5.5 servers in the org. Thanks in advance Not exactly sure I understand your question, but a public folder hierarchy is created and must exist on any Ex server that has a pf database this is by design. Can you explain what you're trying to do or accomplish? Thanks James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCT...

Organization name change #2
I am trying to migrate from 5.5 to 2003. While running Connection Agreement Wizard it fails at the last operation due to the fact that each server have a different Organization Name. The preferable (to me) solution would be to rename the organization name in Exchange 5.5 Any idea? Thanks you can only change the "display name" of the Org... "J Braz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2115f01c45ac8$37b05ac0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to migrate from 5.5 to 2003. > While running Connection Agreement Wizard it fails at the ...

Eliminate the Warning Message on Shop Calendar Changes
Changes to the Shop Calendar can require multiple changes in one session. Having to respond to a message telling you that the change might change the schedule EACH time you click on a date is a major bother. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www....

How to change drive letter assignment prior to installing XP?
How to change drive or partition letter during windows xp setup from CD, when some other partiton has taken already drive C: Right now it's a laptop, where is over 100GB of spare to create a Windows partiton but on Windows XP setup blue screen states there is a drive C: Partiton1 - HP Tools, which I don't want to delete but just how to assign another drive letter to it? Perhaps there is some extra tools on the Windows XP setup CD? Thanks! Is the spare 100GB already part of the C: partition ? If so then you will need a third party utility like EASEUS, Partition Ma...

How to record a transaction???
Hi Please can anybody advise me how best to record a credit card transaction in the following circumstances. I recently recieved a new Blue Anex card which gives me 2% cash back for 3 months. I have recently been out for meals with work colluges and the bill was �220. I paid for the whole bill but my actual spending was �40. So when i imput the figures my budget goes crazy and i also have 180 in cash. Iwant to know how best to record this so my budget only sees me spending �40 not �220 and the �180 was for other people who paid me cash? Anybody help me please????? > I have recently ...

Outlook 2003 Journal Not Recording
I use Windows XP and Microsoft Outlook 2003 on a corporate Exchange server. I've set the journal options to automatically record word, excel, & powerpoint documents ( all are 2003 versions), but can't get it to automatically record. I can manually insert journal entries however. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. We are experiencing the same issue and are using WIndows XP, Exchange 2003 and Office 2003. I have checked the regedit for this and both Word and Excel have the key set to 1 which should mean that the journal is on. But we cannot get it to record automaticall...

How do I select the correct record?
Following is an example of my data, dates as YYYYMMDD: Row 1: CustomerCode / Number / Effective Date / Expiration Date Row 2: AAAAAAA-4 / SL00001 / 20040301 / 20050301 Row 3: AAAAAAA-3 / SL00001 / 20030301 / 20040301 Row 4: AAAAAAA-2 / SL00001 / 20020301 / 20030301 Row 5: AAAAAAA-1 / SL00001 / 20010301 / 20020301 I have an event date, for example 20030613. I need to find the correct Customer Code so I can select other data stored on the same row. I'm lost as how I can do a lookup the customer code where effective date =< event date < expiration date. I have wondered abou...

change default zoom for new documents
Word 2003 on Windows XP Is there a way to change the default Zoom for NEW documents? I set it the way I wanted and then went into Page Setup and clicked Default, but that did not affect the Zoom. Is there something else I could do? See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 18:23:25 -0500, "Stephen Larivee" <lariveesl@yahoo.com> wrote: >Wor...

how do i change my page from portrait to landscape befor I begin
I need to work on a new project and before i begin i need the page to be in landscape and i don't know how to change it WORD 2007 Page Layout / Page Setup group / Orientation / Landscape If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "abe" wrote: > I need to work on a new project and before i begin i need the page to be in > landscape and i don't know how to change it I have word 2003 and i do not see where page layout is "trip_to_tokyo" wrote: > WORD 2007 > > Page Layout / Page Setup group / Orientation / L...

Change/Edit Timescale Label
I am working in Project 2003 and in the Gantt View the timescale label shows 14 Mar '10 I would like it to show Mar 14 '10 or 03/14/10. Is there a way to change this? I tried Help but the change I am seeing is in the Calendar View not the Gantt View. Also, the date on my computer is displaying as Mar 9 '10 but I can't seem to get the Gantt in that display. Any help is appreciated. Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C5_01CABFD9.906B25B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Enc...

Changing template that opens on program launch
While working in a drawing in Visio 2007, I had an unexpected system error close the program. The drawing was recovered, but it was also automatically saved as the default template. Now that draing opens as Dawing1 everytime I launch Visio. Can someone please tell me how to change the default template that opens on program launch? ------=_NextPart_0001_1933829B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit It sounds like Visio is trying to 'recover' the crashed session for you. Try this - Close Visio, and look in your user profile (%userprofile%\Local Settings\Appli...

recording company merger help
I am fairly to Money, as I had been using Quicken from way back ( I think that Version5 was my first). My latest version was Quicken 99(Canadian), which handled everything to my satisfaction, but earlier this year my investment price download option was cut off. To stay with Quicken I would have had to shell out about $100 Can for their newest version, XG, to buy the software, then an addition $100 per year to keep my subscription valid. I felt this was a bit extreme so I decided to try MS Money 2004, Canadian version(about $30). So far I'm fairly happy, but there is a bit of a new learnin...

Selecting a Specific Record Form from a subform
I have a form with a subform that I want to select a field from and have it open another form with the data selected from the sub form. I was able to get the operation to work in the subform using the following: Under Parameters of the first field of the subform -- Open4Edit_StationInfo Open4Edit_StationInfo used the following command: FindRecord Find What: =[Forms]![Station Info Subform]![Call Sign] Match: Whole Field Match Case: No Search: All Search As Formatted: Yes Only Current Field: No Find First: Yes The above works when I run the form "Station Info...

Print the record in the form
I am trying to print just the one record that is being viewed in the form in report format. The primary key is a text field - "File number". I have tried to use this code but it doesnt seem to work Private Sub cmdPrintSummary_Click() Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty Then 'Save any edits. Me.Dirty = False End If If Me.NewRecord Then 'Check there is a record to print MsgBox "Select a record to print" Else strWhere = "[File Number] = " & Me.[File Number] DoCmd.OpenReport "Case Detail Summary&...

Totalling then Averaging subject to Product Code change
I have a spreadsheet with the following data: Sorted Alphabetic Product Codes (3-6 Alpha letters) in Column C starting at Row 4 - the last entry in Column C will always be blank Units (6 numeric numbers nnn,nnn format) in Column F also starting in Row 4 Value ($$$,$$$.cc format) in Column K also starting in Row 4 The main process occurs when a new Product Code occurs in Column C. When it does I need to put in the last row of the the previous Product Code the following: 1. total of the Units from its Column F into the the associated cell of Column N 2. total of the V...

No crrent record with empty subform
I have a form with a subform in continuous view, sometimes the subform has records to display, sometimes not. There are command buttons in the header of the subform, because I want to be able to do certain things even when there are no records. If I had them in the body, they would not be visible when there were no records. When I click any of the buttons, I get a pop-up saying "No current record". I click OK and the dialog goes away, and the code under the button runs normally. There is no code associated with the Current event, no events at all associated with th...