Change Pivot Table Data-Source Connection

I have a fairly huge Pivot Table which source's its data from a SQL Server
ODBC connection.

I need to change this connection but keep the pivot table - I can't seem to
do this. When I click on Pivot table, then the back button to show the list
of tables, it won't allow me to go back another time to re-choose the actual
ODBC connection?

Is this possible?

My last resport is to re-create the whole Pivot table again, but I'm trying
to avoid this......

Thanks
Ben

0
none4247 (2)

Changing PO XML
I am using RMS1.2. I wanted to change the Purchase Order XML to rearrange the PO line fields. I made the changes and saved the report. After the change I set the read-only flag again. I had used a regular text editor for the change and saved the change to the original file name. However when I want to print my PO I get an error message that I don't use a correct XML report. Is there something "special" I need to do to make the change and save my file? The message probably said something to the effect that the XML document is not well formed. That means you have a syn...

changing a record source
I have a button on my form to allow a user to search for a portfolio number. The user enters the number and then clicks O.K. on the form. What I want to happen is the form displays with the results. What currently happens is the screen goes blank. Here is my code: Form buttons: Private Sub cmdCancel_Click() DoCmd.Close acForm, frmSearchPortfolio End Sub Private Sub cmdOK_Click() If txtPortSearch = "" Then MsgBox " A portfolio number has not been entered." & vbCrLf & _ "Please enter a portfolio number or click cancel", v...

How do I change the text on each label? I dont want the same info.
I want to print labels 6 per page; however, I want to control whats on each label. Only one label appears on screen at one time. How do I get all the labels to appear on the screen prior to printing so I can modify each one. You will have to setup your page manually. Take a look at the margins and gaps when you select your preferred label. Using these dimensions -- for example, label 5164 -- Arrange, Layout guides, type .16 left & right, .5 top and bottom, grid guides, 2 columns .19 spacing, 3 rows, zero spacing. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "CCU" <CCU@disc...

Data Validation with Combo box autocomplete
Hi! I am using data validation with combobox autocomplete and it's working fine. However, I noticed I am unable to cut and paste values from other cells (cells which do not have data validation) I'd like to know if there's any way I can have the cut and paste function back? Thanks! You can add a bit of code to test for CutCopyMode, and exit the procedure if it's true: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim str As String Dim cboTemp As OLEObject Dim ws As Worksheet Set ws = ActiveSheet Application.EnableEvents = False Application.ScreenUpdating...

Last digit of long numbers changes to 0
Using Excel 97, I'm using a very basic spreadsheet to log some files fo a business. The reference numbers for the files are all 16 digit long. I've set the column to number, but everytime I enter one of th reference numbers the last digit is being automatically changed to a 0 Does anyone know how to prevent this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Excel is limited to 15 digits of precision. If you want to enter more than that, you need to first format the cells as Text, or type an apostrophe before the number. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pear...

Debra Dalgleish-help with worksheet data entry
Hi Debra, I browsed your website and found this new data entry worksheet(http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html) which was very good and i showed my boss.He liked the idea of it and thus asked me to work on it.I managed to add a few more fields and it worked fine. I have a cell named "Documentation to support requirement" at B11 and its corresponding text box at D11.My problem now is that at D11, i need two kind of controls one is drop down list box for document type and another control is text box for document name.How do i achieve this? i need both of this control's answer to b...

Change the quantity
Hi All, I'm just trying to change quantity of selected item on POS I tried fallowing: Set Entry = QSRules.Transaction.Entries(QSRules.Transaction.CurrentEntryKey) Entry.Quantity = 5 //Not working because its only value to read As QSRules.Transaction.Entries.Add , adding the item, I presume that there should be something like QSRules.Transaction.Entries.SetQuantity but I can't find anything. Would you help. Thanks, Arthur ...

Retain INDIRECT() Data
Good day Is it possible to retain data pulled through from another workbook when using an INDIRECT() function once that workbook has been closed? Or alternatively, is there another way to pull data into a workbook by just putting the path name in any particular cell within the workbook, so that when that path needs to be changed it can just be edited in 1 cell? (And not with 'edit links' because sometimes I still need some fields to reference the original workbook) INDIRECT does not work with closed workbooks. Check out XL Help on this. Pete On Dec 8, 11:40=A0a...

Why isnt my server connecting. If I have any more trouble with this passport I will just cancle all services I have buisness to tend to I am disabled with a 3yr old who wil
I am really looking forward to using your services but its getting late I am tired of playing games. I have been online with you for a couple of hours time is of essence. So please just let me know what the cost. Lets get on with it I have to still contact sss also my online bandking Time I have waisted on this passnet passport whatever is rediculouse. I love Microsoft everything so lets get moveing or I have to cancle I am running out of time. ...

Deferral Tables query
Hello, We post an invoice to a number of different GL accounts, and then we set up a retroactive purchasing deferral per GL account line to deal with the prepayment side of the transaction. I have a Smartlist built to enable reporting on the deferrals still outstanding, with some data from PM and Vendors. The query is how would I identify the unique deferral in the header and in the row data tables? Would you please advise alt point me in the direction of what the various fields on the table mean in relation to the processing of a deferral transaction. Thanks for all the assistance...

How to copy field in table
Hi Access Group. Can somebody help me with my problem. Scenarium: I have an Access backend, only with tables ;-). These tables are updated with data written from a program which is not developed in Access. What I need is that when the table "tbl_prod" has been updated with new data, then the text value of field "tbl_prod.Article" is to be copied into the emty field "tbl_prod.Barcode". How can I get the "copycode" executed when new data has been written to the table. If You can help me with this, then it will minimize error with wrong manual keyed i...

Access data in a PowerPoint show
Is there a way to get Access data, a report maybe, into powerpoint easily? You should be able to write VBA in PowerPoint that will pull data into PowerPoint. Start by adding the VBA Editor to PowerPoint and opening the IDE. There is a discussion of this either in Scott Barker's book or the Access Developers' Manual. But why do you want to do this? HTH LDN "MeSteve" wrote: > Is there a way to get Access data, a report maybe, into powerpoint easily? Our leadership want project updates on a regular basis via projector. The existing standard is powerpoint. Is ...

Newbie here
Hi, this is one great ng! I've been reading for hours and find it enormously informative. Thanks. I'm a newbie to the ng but not entirely to Excel. I'm still on '97 (not 2000) I know how to format the workbook template (book1.xlt) to open with the settings (margins, custom header etc) that I prefer, but every time that I open a new worksheet within the same workbook, it gives me the original Excel settings that it has always given me - unless, of course, I *copy* the worksheet already formatted by me - but it is inconvenient to do that every time. I've tried to loca...

Error when migrating data from csv file to crm 3 using scribe
I have been trying to migrate data from a .csv file into MS CRM 3 using scribe. When I test the job after doing my connecting and datalinks it executes properly, however, when I run the job it only does on average 12 successful inserts and 11 failed inserts then gives me an error. The error is :"fatal error. Execution terminated - failuere fetching source rows" when I click on the error info button I get a database error " Error 1005. [22018] SQL call failed. Invalid character value" the details of the message :"source[DataDirect][ODBC Driver]" Could someone...

Issue with making changes to recouring meetings. #2
One of our users has a recurring meeting every week. She made a change to it for this week and this is the problem: The recurring meeting is Tuesdays from 9-10. User 1 changed the 7/17 meeting to Wednesday, 7/18, from 11:30-1:30 and It was accepted by user 2. The Tuesday meeting disappeared (as it should) from user 1's Outlook calendar ... BUT it still appears on her Blackberry and, bizarrely, it still appears on user 2's calendar in the original time slot. When user 1's assistant opens user 1's calendar the meeting is also still in the original time slot and has not change...

'no data found' in 28MB pst file?
I used a utility to repair a suspected bad pst file and that was the results, 'no data found'. Is this possible? Yes, this is possible since "white spaces" exist in a pst-file. Can you still open the original file? If so; create a new pst-file and copy the available data into the newly created pst-file. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Frank" <h@rack.com> wrote in message news:4e5Gc.5757$ne6.1151@nwrdny03.gnilink.net... >I ...

pivot table #13
Frequently i used the same group in different pivot tables in different data list. it is very troublesome to do the same grouping each time. Can any one suggest ways to make it more efficient to reuse the same grouping in pivot table? Thanks ...

Changing axis
I have created a chart that plots visitors to a site over a period of time. Now the chart has the dates on X axis and the data is plotted along Y axis (0 to 5000). How do I lay the chart so that the date is on the Y axis and the 0 to 5000 is on the X axis? Hi, If the chart is a line chart try changing it to a xy scatter instead. You may need to adjust the data series values to get the correct x an y values. Cheers Andy ignatius wrote: > I have created a chart that plots visitors to a site over a period of > time. Now the chart has the dates on X axis and the data is plotted >...

Format Inserted Excel Table
I have inserted an Excel spreadsheet as a table into a Word 2007 document (saved as .docx) using the Insert/Table menu. I would like to remove the gridlines. How does one do this? In Excel, there is an option to not show these; there is also the possibility of formatting the cell borders to be white. But neither of these seems to work. I cannot locate an option to turn off gridlines. And when I try to set a cell border color to white, it returns to automatic. Thanks. --ron On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:08:16 -0500, Ron Rosenfeld <ronrosenfeld@nospam.org> wrote: >I h...

Fastest DSL Connection Type?
I have Verizon DSL with their supplied DSL Modem. The computer can be connected to the moden via an Ethernet cable, USB or Wireless. It use to be in past years Ethernet was the fastest internet connection. Is that still true when compared to USB, and now USB 2 and Wireless? "Artreid" <artreid@NOSPAMverizon.net> wrote in message news:epdg8elbKHA.5976@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I have Verizon DSL with their supplied DSL Modem. The computer can be > connected to the moden via an Ethernet cable, USB or Wireless. It use to > be in past years Ethernet ...

Formatting all data labels on a chart at once
I have a stacked column chart. How do I format all of the data labels togethor (i.e. to set them all to a smaller font?) I can do one stack at a time, but not all of them. Also I have data for future months that will be populated later, so its not feasible to only format the visible data labels. Thanks! Select the chart, then format the font. Don't select the individual columns to do it. Granted, this will change the font for every item in the chart, but it may be a shorter way. "VancitysFinest" <victorlai@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139435934.762750.36150@z14g2...

send/receive error message: outlook data file cannot be accessed
After many problems with my pc, I had to reformat my harddrive. i reinstalled Office 2010 Beta and now I can't send or receive email. it worked for the first hour or so, but now I get the error message. I researched on these forums for solutions and found some suggestions (delete all data and .pst files, etc.) but none have fixed my problem. I have tried creating a new data file from within Outlook and deleting all outlook data and .pst files, but still it says it cant be accessed. now that I think of it, all these problems may have started after I compacted my pst file....

Data Cleansing? (for want of a better term)
Hi all, I have had a request from my CRM users about the best way to 'clean up' the database of contacts.. We are using CRM more and more now, and from its early days we have some problems with records where telephone numbers are in invalid formats and things are in uppercase when they should be in lower case etc etc.. as well as a couple of duplicate entries what is the best way i can go about rectifying some of these problems? the most pressing are duplicate records and telephone number formattins.. so, any ideas please.. shoot away! cheers! Which version are you using? T...

Outlook 2007: Data file was not closed properly last time....
Almost everytime I open Outlook I get the message "A data file was not closed properly last time it was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected while the check is in progress". It then checks the .pst file with the cogs icon appearing in the lower right hand corner of the window - "Data file check in progress" I've had this problem for ages but I've only just got round to addressing it. I assumed it was related to Kaspersky Internet Security 7 but on advice of their technical support I uninstalled it and the problem persists. I have a ...