Change links to hyperlinks in a workbook?

I have 5 Income Statement sheets in a workbook.  The first sheet is an Income
Statement summing four departments (listed by columns).  Column B has Dept 1
data, column C has Dept 2 data, etc.  ALL data on this sheet is linked
(referenced) to the other four sheets which are the individual departments.

I know I can set hyperlinks one at a time, but is there a way for me to have
each of those links (every cell containing the data from the other four
sheets) become hyperlinks?

If I have to add another sheet that mirrors the summary sheet but has
hyperlinks, that would be fine.  I am just showing the summary sheet to a
client and would like to be able to click on an amount that they have a
question about and have it take me to the input cell on the department's
sheet.

I mean, afterall, they are all links already - just not hyperlinks...

Thanks in advance!

-Steve
0
SteveR1 (24)

You know, if you turn off Edit Directly in Cells under Tools, Options, Enter
then all you have to do is double-click a formula cell and the source cell
will be selected.  And you can press F5 and then Enter to go back.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Steve R" <SteveR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I have 5 Income Statement sheets in a workbook.  The first sheet is an
Income
| Statement summing four departments (listed by columns).  Column B has Dept
1
| data, column C has Dept 2 data, etc.  ALL data on this sheet is linked
| (referenced) to the other four sheets which are the individual
departments.

| I know I can set hyperlinks one at a time, but is there a way for me to
have
| each of those links (every cell containing the data from the other four
| sheets) become hyperlinks?
|
| If I have to add another sheet that mirrors the summary sheet but has
| hyperlinks, that would be fine.  I am just showing the summary sheet to a
| client and would like to be able to click on an amount that they have a
| question about and have it take me to the input cell on the department's
| sheet.
|
| I mean, afterall, they are all links already - just not hyperlinks...
|
| Thanks in advance!
|
| -Steve

0
jrrech (1932)
10/14/2004 3:53:35 PM
Thanks Jim!  But is there a way to have only one sheet work like that, all
the time without changing settings in the menu?  So I can turn that feature
on for a specific sheet and leave it on, until I want to turn it off.

I would like to be able to email the file to a client and have them just be
able to click on the cell on the summary page to be taken to the cell on the
supporting department's sheet.

Thanks again for the reply...

-Steve

"Jim Rech" wrote:

> You know, if you turn off Edit Directly in Cells under Tools, Options, Enter
> then all you have to do is double-click a formula cell and the source cell
> will be selected.  And you can press F5 and then Enter to go back.
>
> --
> Jim Rech
> Excel MVP
> "Steve R" <SteveR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I have 5 Income Statement sheets in a workbook.  The first sheet is an
> Income
> | Statement summing four departments (listed by columns).  Column B has Dept
> 1
> | data, column C has Dept 2 data, etc.  ALL data on this sheet is linked
> | (referenced) to the other four sheets which are the individual
> departments.
> |
> | I know I can set hyperlinks one at a time, but is there a way for me to
> have
> | each of those links (every cell containing the data from the other four
> | sheets) become hyperlinks?
> |
> | If I have to add another sheet that mirrors the summary sheet but has
> | hyperlinks, that would be fine.  I am just showing the summary sheet to a
> | client and would like to be able to click on an amount that they have a
> | question about and have it take me to the input cell on the department's
> | sheet.
> |
> | I mean, afterall, they are all links already - just not hyperlinks...
> |
> | Thanks in advance!
> |
> | -Steve

0
SteveR1 (24)
10/14/2004 4:41:13 PM
It looks like what you need are true hyperlinks since you're mailing this
off.  You could try this macro I just threw together (disclaimor!).  Select
a range of formulas and run it:

Sub MakeHyperLinks()
    Dim Cell As Range
    For Each Cell In Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas)
        ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Cell, Address:="",
SubAddress:=Mid(Cell.Formula, 2)
    Next
End Sub

This assumes each formula is a simple =Sheet1!A10.  If it's not like that
this will not produce a useful hyperlink.

To remove hyperlinks from a selected range:

Sub RemoveHyperLinks()
    Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete
End Sub

--
| Thanks Jim!  But is there a way to have only one sheet work like that, all
| the time without changing settings in the menu?  So I can turn that
feature
| on for a specific sheet and leave it on, until I want to turn it off.
|
| I would like to be able to email the file to a client and have them just
be
| able to click on the cell on the summary page to be taken to the cell on
the
| supporting department's sheet.
|
| Thanks again for the reply...
|
| -Steve
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| > You know, if you turn off Edit Directly in Cells under Tools, Options,
Enter
| > then all you have to do is double-click a formula cell and the source
cell
| > will be selected.  And you can press F5 and then Enter to go back.
| >
| > --
| > Jim Rech
| > Excel MVP
| > "Steve R" <SteveR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > |I have 5 Income Statement sheets in a workbook.  The first sheet is an
| > Income
| > | Statement summing four departments (listed by columns).  Column B has
Dept
| > 1
| > | data, column C has Dept 2 data, etc.  ALL data on this sheet is linked
| > | (referenced) to the other four sheets which are the individual
| > departments.
| > |
| > | I know I can set hyperlinks one at a time, but is there a way for me
| > have
| > | each of those links (every cell containing the data from the other
four
| > | sheets) become hyperlinks?
| > |
| > | If I have to add another sheet that mirrors the summary sheet but has
| > | hyperlinks, that would be fine.  I am just showing the summary sheet
to a
| > | client and would like to be able to click on an amount that they have
| > | question about and have it take me to the input cell on the
department's
| > | sheet.
| > |
| > | I mean, afterall, they are all links already - just not hyperlinks...
| > |
| > | Thanks in advance!
| > |
| > | -Steve

0
jrrech (1932)
10/14/2004 7:44:38 PM
Thanks Jim, but the macro gave me a syntax error.  I know...disclaimer... ;)

But unfortunately I don't know VB so I am stuck, seemed like a great idea.
Maybe someone can help debug it???

Cheers,
Steve

"Jim Rech" wrote:

> It looks like what you need are true hyperlinks since you're mailing this
> off.  You could try this macro I just threw together (disclaimor!).  Select
> a range of formulas and run it:
>
> Sub MakeHyperLinks()
>     Dim Cell As Range
>     For Each Cell In Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas)
>         ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Cell, Address:="",
> SubAddress:=Mid(Cell.Formula, 2)
>     Next
> End Sub
>
> This assumes each formula is a simple =Sheet1!A10.  If it's not like that
> this will not produce a useful hyperlink.
>
> To remove hyperlinks from a selected range:
>
> Sub RemoveHyperLinks()
>     Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete
> End Sub
>
> --
> Jim Rech
> Excel MVP
> "Steve R" <SteveR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Thanks Jim!  But is there a way to have only one sheet work like that, all
> | the time without changing settings in the menu?  So I can turn that
> feature
> | on for a specific sheet and leave it on, until I want to turn it off.
> |
> | I would like to be able to email the file to a client and have them just
> be
> | able to click on the cell on the summary page to be taken to the cell on
> the
> | supporting department's sheet.
> |
> | Thanks again for the reply...
> |
> | -Steve
> |
> | "Jim Rech" wrote:
> |
> | > You know, if you turn off Edit Directly in Cells under Tools, Options,
> Enter
> | > then all you have to do is double-click a formula cell and the source
> cell
> | > will be selected.  And you can press F5 and then Enter to go back.
> | >
> | > --
> | > Jim Rech
> | > Excel MVP
> | > "Steve R" <SteveR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | > Income
> Dept
> | > 1
> | > departments.
> | > |
> | > have
> four
> | > |
> to a
> department's
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

0
SteveR1 (24)
10/16/2004 2:11:03 AM
There was a line wrap problem:

Sub MakeHyperLinks()
    Dim Cell As Range
    For Each Cell In Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas)
        ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Cell, Address:="", _
            SubAddress:=Mid(Cell.Formula, 2)
    Next
End Sub

Note the addition of " _" on the hyperlinks.add line.  This means the logical
line is continued on the next physical line.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Thanks!!!!
-Steve

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> There was a line wrap problem:
>
> Sub MakeHyperLinks()
>     Dim Cell As Range
>     For Each Cell In Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas)
>         ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Cell, Address:="", _
>             SubAddress:=Mid(Cell.Formula, 2)
>     Next
> End Sub
>

> Note the addition of " _" on the hyperlinks.add line.  This means the logical
> line is continued on the next physical line.
>

> Steve R wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Jim, but the macro gave me a syntax error.  I know...disclaimer... ;)
> >
> > But unfortunately I don't know VB so I am stuck, seemed like a great idea.
> > Maybe someone can help debug it???
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Steve
> >
> > "Jim Rech" wrote:
> >
> > > It looks like what you need are true hyperlinks since you're mailing this
> > > off.  You could try this macro I just threw together (disclaimor!).  Select
> > > a range of formulas and run it:
> > >
> > > Sub MakeHyperLinks()
> > >     Dim Cell As Range
> > >     For Each Cell In Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas)
> > >         ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Cell, Address:="",
> > > SubAddress:=Mid(Cell.Formula, 2)
> > >     Next
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > This assumes each formula is a simple =Sheet1!A10.  If it's not like that
> > > this will not produce a useful hyperlink.
> > >
> > > To remove hyperlinks from a selected range:
> > >
> > > Sub RemoveHyperLinks()
> > >     Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jim Rech
> > > Excel MVP
> > > "Steve R" <SteveR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > feature

> > > be
> > > the

> > > Enter
> > > cell

> > > Dept
> > > | > |
> > > four
> > > | > |
> > > to a
> > > department's
> > > | > |
> > > | > |
> > > | > |

> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

0
SteveR1 (24)

No Change in the Receipt
Hello, Is it possible to modify the receipt.xml? So that when the customer pays using a "Gift Certificate", the "Change" field in the receipt should be zero (0). Please help! Thanks a lot! enzo Try modifying the tender type under gift certificates. You can check the box that states "prevent cashier overtendering" This will always make the change equal zero. -- Elizabeth M. "enzo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28ce501c4649b$3dd05b30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to modify the receipt....

Can I track changes made to a shared file per userid.
I was wondering if I could track who made what changes in a shared excel file. If so, how should I go about it? Thank you in advance! Julie On that same Tools|Share Workbook dialog, there's an Advanced Tab. There's an option (default is On???) that allows you to track those changes. When you're ready to look at the changes, tools|track changes|accept or reject changes (You may already have it turned on.) But be aware that if you keep lots of changes, then excel can slow down. Julie _at_GBS wrote: > > I was wondering if I could track who made what changes in a share...

Income Category changed during upgrade from 2004 to 2006
I just went in to add a new Inventory item and I noticed that the Income Category was listed as Groceries. I thought that was odd. I checked the other items in my Product list and see that all of them have been changed to Groceries. This must have happened when I recently upgraded from 2004 to 2006. I have run the Quick Repair and Standard repair, but no change. Why did this happen? Is there an easy way to update the income category for my inventory? I will need to review other items to confirm that other categories didn't get screwed up. Income category? Inventory? Are your re...

@How to change worksheets with keyboard
Sir, I have an excel 2007 file having many worksheets. why does it not showing any focus dots around the worksheet tab(like you see for html links and buttons when using TAB key) on any worksheet tab and how to select adjoining worksheets with keyboard (using arrowkeys or like in Mozila FF, changing tabs with Ctrl+ 1-9) Is there any addon for this? i dont want to click on worksheet tab to select them. you can see my other post here too. http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11640 thanks in advance. sandeep Try: CTRL+PGUP/PGDOWN or: CTRL+SHIFT+PGUP/PGDOWN Micky ...

Any Way to change the Blue Color Scheme in Publisher 2007
The other Office programs have a way to change the color scheme, however, Publisher does not seem to have any color option but blue. Any way to change the color scheme in Publisher 2007. Thanks...!!! I wish I could tell you yes but I can't. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "news.microsoft.com" <glamartNS@NSComcast.net> wrote in message news:%236l4xt8CJHA.3432@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > The other Office programs have a way to change the color scheme, however, > Publisher does not seem...

Automate a macros when data in a cell changes (e.g.when using quer
Is there any way that a macro can be activated when the data of a specific cell changes? I assigned a macro to a "check box" button from the Tool Bar "Forms", and used the "cell link" from the "check box" properties, so when the data changes in the cell linked the "check box" is marked and the macro will start. So far, the "check box" gets marked when data changes but the macro doesn't start. The only way the macro starts is when I click in the "check box". Maybe you could use a worksheet event that will fire ...

Name change in AD leaves mailbox inaccessable...
After a users name is changed in Active Directory the user cannot connect to the mailbox thru Outlook Express 6. The user can access the mailbox through Outlook web access. Everytime the user tries with Outlook express it comes back with cannot authenticate username or password. Use full e-mail address as username. "Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17aa601c41e3e$d1f97a10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > After a users name is changed in Active Directory the > user cannot connect to the mailbox thru Outlook Express > 6. The user can access ...

Link to Data Form.
Hi this may sound simple, but i cant get my head around it, ive bee trying this for time..i would like to have a macro, so that when it i clicked it will go to data > forms. For some reason it dont seem t work, can anyone help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you record a macro as you open the data form, the code should look something like this: '======================= Sub OpenTheDataForm() Range("A1").Select ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm End Sub '======================= The button on your worksheet should run this macro. What happens when y...

Problems sending a link from a web page to email
People I recently purchased a used hp laptop running windows vista buisiness when i go to a web page and want to send it to some one else with xp I used to right click it and click send to ,when I do that now I get windows office 2007 enter oroduct key to activate outlook . I use hotmail not outlook express is there something I need to change somewhere? Thanx in advance , Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums ...

Changing sender's name in Outlook Express
The Outlook Express program for our Lodge was set up by our former secretary. HIS name appears as the sender on all email I send out. How can I change this so that our Lodge name will appear, and not any individual's name? Would appreciate an email reply to lodge99@(remove)cell2000.net as well as a posting if possible. Thanks! Mike You can change this in your account settings; Tools-> Accounts Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://com...

VBA Help:Change Color of Cells
Dear All, How to change the color of cells? I'm confused whether to use range object or cells object. Pls give me example. Thanks Robert Lie Hi Robert, The Cells property returns a range object, so you could, for example, use either of the following equivalent instructions: Range("A1:A10").Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Cells(1, 1).Resize(10).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 --- Regards, Norman "Robert Lie" <robert.lie24@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23vv10TVIGHA.2928@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > > How to change the color of cel...

Changing columns to rows
I have a table of data in a spreadsheet that is laid out as 12 columns and 8 rows. This makes it difficult to print to one page and I now want to "rotate" it so that the columns are now rows and the rows are now columns. Is there an easy way to do this? TIA ...

linking to other PST files (not importing)
I should know this, but as I do it maybe once a year when we get new machines, I always forget... We're using Outlook 2007. I like to have a MY FOLDERS folder set up where I drag older emails into my own archive. this takes the messages off our allotted space in Exchange and lets me keep an archive of email on my own Hard Drive. We now have new machines and I want to re-connect these PST files. How do I do that? I don't want to IMPORT them, as I don't have space for that, but, rather, I just want Outlook to link to them so I can still search through them and view them fro...

Deleting links to Access when e-mailing workbook
Goodmorning, I have a large excel based application which uses links back to an Access DB to refresh/store all new data. When e- mailing this workbook to end users several messages appear asking about links etc. Is there a way to ensure the users don't get these messages when I email the workbook to them? In other words, I need the workbook to be a stand alone app, without looking for links back to the database. As my directors are PC illiterate I have to make things as easy as possible for them. Any urgent help would be fantastic. Jeff Tillack Information Resource Officer Inform...

How to change font color of a text
hello, i am working with vc++ MFC.i am dealing with the changing of font and color of the text in a file. so i need some help in implementing this. Thanks in advance. yours, Siva Prasad.M To change the text color, you will need to change it for the control that is displaying text. Depending upong the control, you can use OnCtlColor to change the background/foreground color etc. To change font, you can use SetFont() on the control. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Siva Prasad" <siva.almighty@gmail.com> wrote in message news:udOEG3cAFHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx...

Can I change the display of comments?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have my comments showing when I roll over them with my mouse, but I would like to remove the name, date, and time of the comment from the display. Using balloons is not an option because some pages have too many comments. Iggles14@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel I have my comments showing when I roll over them with my mouse, > but I would like to remove the name, date, and time of the comment from > the display. Using b...

Changing folder color?
In Outlook Pro 2003 is there any way of changing folder / subfolder color? Thx :) k Nope -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the address when mailing) ----- ".::KoperniK::." <jonwlalalalaa@lalalagmx.net> wrote in message news:gYkZb.8774887$Id.14...

Cross worksheet references cannot be easily changed
I have a 21 worksheet, workbook. The first sheet is 'info' and contains common information used in the other 20 sheets. If I try to change a reference (for instance: change an '=info!$A$1' to let's say '=info!$A$5') what winds up in the cell is the literal '=info!$A$5', not the new common value. The way I am doing it is to create a new row, make it '=info!$A$5' (the new common value is now in the created row) and move it to replace the original cell. Am I doing something wrong? ...

change 'alt+enter' combo to just 'enter'
I need to get to a new line within a cell, yet I want to change the combination from the 'alt+enter' to just 'enter.' Is there a way to change this combination? Basically I need to be able to type large amounts of information in each cell and it would be too much of a pain to type 'alt+enter.' I need to be able to type in Excel as freely as you can type in Word. Thanks Don't think there's any simple way to accomplish what you want. Perhaps you'd be better served if you used text boxes, into which you you CAN type as freely as you can in Word. &q...

shared workbook update interval
I have a shared workbook which i need to have updating every minute, however the minimun time allowed under tools\shared workbook\advanced\update changes every is 5 minutes does any one know of a way that i can change this to allow automatic updates more frequently. Many thanks for any help. It may be easier to not share. If you do not share, you can: Tools > Options > Save > and autosave every minute Even though you are not sharing, other can see you current version any time. It will just be locked for editing. -- Gary''s Student gsnu200712 ...

Contact Addresses change after I put them in "TO" line
A frustrating thing is happening and no virus has been found. When I put addresses in my 'To' line either through a group or individually they occassionally change to another contact in my list. The names do not get changed until after I puch the send button. Then it shows up in my 'SENT' folder under the new address. Any help would be greatly apprecaited! "lauraM" <lauraM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ACA2D80-B85F-4CAC-A958-EE1366549674@microsoft.com... >A frustrating thing is happening and no virus has been found. Whe...

Change records
Hello: I have some data in the following format: LA A B C D .... Is there any easy way to change the format into: LA A B C D Thanks in advance! > I have some data in the following format: > LA > A > B > C > D > ... > Is there any easy way to change the format into: > LA A B C D 1. Select the data. 2. Use "Edit >> Copy" 3. Select an empty cell someplace where you want the result to start. 4. Use "Edit >> Past special" and choose "Transpose" 5. Click "OK" Thanks for your quick response! "Jay" wrote...

how to copy 2350 hyperlink full paths to any column in a worksheet ?
Hi all, First of all, thank for the help I received before. I have another question : I have an excel worksheet, with about 2350 entries. All of them have an hyperlink in column A. I need to find a way to copy ONLY THE HYPERLINKS FULL PATHS of all 2350 cells to column D, NOT THE CELLS CONTENT !! The reason is that from this column D, I can generate playlists without problem. In my search for a solution, I came across following UDF which did not work and gave an error. First of all, I'm not sure if this UDF will solve my problem an secondly, if it does, how can I repare it ? Functi...

Links
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Is there anyway to totally turn off linking? I have turned off what I can in preferences, but Entourage still makes links to saved messages in my sent box. <br> The reason I ask is because it appears that these links are causing problems with my Entourage database. <br> It becomes almost impossible to remove the links or the messages that are linked. Deleting a single message will cause the Database Daemon to run the processor at 90%-100% for as long as 15-20 min before fini...

How to install a workbook as a shortcut on the desktop programmatically
Hi All I have developed a workbook which is like a Excel dashboard and I want to send out this workbook to be saved on every user Desktop locally or saved as a shortcut on the desktop. I want to implement it in a form so that when the user double clicks the attachment it must save the workbook in some predetermined location and create a shortcut to the same on the users Windows desktop. Can you please let me know how I can implement this kind of self installing workbook. Please provide me with a sample script to implement the same. Many thanks Belinda ...