Change Hyperlink Destination Folder

In an Excel 2002 worksheet I need to change the destination folder in
a column (750 rows) of hyperlinks.

For example:

file:///C:\Documents and settings\myname\Application
Data\Microsoft\Data\12345.mht

      needs to be changed to

file:///E:\My Documents\Travel\2005\Data\12345.mht

file:///C:\Documents and settings\myname\Application
Data\Microsoft\Data\56789.mht

         changed to

file:///E:\My Documents\Travel\2005\Data\56789.mht

All the ".mht" files are now in the folder E:\My
Documents\Travel\2005\Data\

TIA
0
mc2835 (6)

Why don't you do a find and replace.

Replace it with something like this:

=HYPERLINK("file:///E:\My
Documents\Travel\2005\Data\12345.mht","file:///E:\My
Documents\Travel\2005\Data\12345.mht")

I'm not sure if it'll work.  Let me know.

"Ron" <mc2835@mclink.it> wrote in message
> In an Excel 2002 worksheet I need to change the destination folder in
> a column (750 rows) of hyperlinks.
>
> For example:
>
> file:///C:\Documents and settings\myname\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Data\12345.mht
>
>      needs to be changed to
>
> file:///E:\My Documents\Travel\2005\Data\12345.mht
>

> file:///C:\Documents and settings\myname\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Data\56789.mht
>
>         changed to
>
> file:///E:\My Documents\Travel\2005\Data\56789.mht
>
> All the ".mht" files are now in the folder E:\My
> Documents\Travel\2005\Data\
>
> TIA

0
reply6075 (299)
7/18/2005 11:37:55 AM
For hyperlinks that were inserted via Insert|Hyperlink?

If yes, then visit David McRitchie's site:
look for:
Fix Hyperlinks       (#FixHyperlinks)

=========
Another option that I like when I have lots of hyperlinks to the same location.

I'll put this in a cell (hidden???):
file:///E:\My Documents\Travel\2005\Data\

Then use the =hyperlink() formula:
=hyperlink($a$1 & "12345.mht")

then I just have to change that one cell when the path changes.

I'd actually put the folder in one cell ($a$1) and the filenames in others
(A2:a999)

The
=hyperlink($a$1 & a2,"Click me to see: " & a2)
and drag down my helper column.

I can hide all of column A.

--

Dave Peterson
0

change fonts for specific fields in a report
A Great Plains report prints checks. The check amount field is too small and needs to be increased. How does one change the font of a particular field in a Great Plains report? If the report is a text report, you can't change the font. If it's a graphical report, click on the field and press <Ctrl-D>. "caincognito@yahoo.com" wrote: > A Great Plains report prints checks. The check amount field is too > small and needs to be increased. How does one change the font of a > particular field in a Great Plains report? > > If it is a text report, you...

Error: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The microsoft exchange server is unavailable"
Hi: I have a user on our exchange 2003 sp1 system who is receiving the above error when trying to connect to his mailbox. He is able to connect in OWA. I gave myself rights on his mailbox and set up a new profile on my machine (xp, office 2003) and connected fine. I then logged in as his account on my machine, set up a profile and tried to open outlook and received the error above. Any ideas. Not seeing this exact error on the microsoft site or google groups. ...

CROSS-POST (also on General)
Hi, when I right-click in the folder list to create a new sub- folder I get an error: >>>> ERROR MSG >>>> Outlook can't read the registry information - Close and restart Outlook - Reinstall Outlook - Reinstall Microsoft Exchange or other e-mail system <<<< END <<<<< we have tried everything, including re-install of Office 2000. We have run this on Windows 2000 Professional.... please help if you have an answer thanks Philip When this error occurred on a Win XP machine (running Outlook 2002), I did a System Restore to fix it. If ...

Where to change my own internet adress in "FROM:" field?
I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange server. My own eMail address is presented to recipients as Aaaaa.Bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Note: mixing of capital and lower letters I want my email address completely changed to lower letters: aaaaa.bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Where in Outlook can I change this? or is this a setting in Exchange Server ? Joe This is a setting in ADUC/Exchange. I would guess that everyone is set up with the same format throughout the company. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Joe deAngelo" wr...

Changing menu bar height
Hello, is there a way to change the menu bar height of an application? Regards, Nicola I dont see how that can be done without replacing the whole menu mechanism. You can do that if you want by putting in a toolbar/rebar which acts as a menu. Example MFCIE shows how to make a toolbar as a menu. YOu can change the height of the toolbar/rebar to what you want. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Nicolas Bonamy" <mynab@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OUgmBPOjDHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... | Hello, | | is there a way to change the menu bar height of an appl...

System Volume Information folder
Hi Our Exchange Server 2003 SP2 is running on Windows Server 2003 SP1. Six weeks ago, the C drive has about 115GB free space. Now, it has about 15GB. This is rather unusual because the server has never consumed so much space so fast. I checked on various folders and found that the bulk of space used is in the System Volume Information folder. There are 7 files totalling 150GB. The filenames are 78{3808876b-c176-4e48-b7ae-04046e6cc752} to 84{3808876b-c176-4e48-b7ae-04046e6cc752}. The first one dated 6/5/10 (which was 5 days ago). So, the server is either running pre...

Hyperlinks have stopped opening in emails I receive
Have loaded new antivirus software having deleted older version and since then I can not open any links that are included in emails What happens when you try? If you get an error about restrictions in effect, this is a problem with IE, its not an Outlook error. You need to reset your internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest information. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

Hyperlink powerpoint object to excel range?
I'm using a powerpoint presentation to show several ranges on several worksheets in an excel workbook. No problem linking the excel file to powerpoint but is there a way to link powerpoint to a range address within that file? I am hoping to flip back and forth with several powerpoint links to particular worksheet ranges. Thanks Your advice will be appreciated ...

How can I delete a address contact folder
I have 3 email accounts setup in Outlook Express. I am running XP. I noticed when I go to each Address Book in OExpress, there is a Shared Contacts folder and then a 2nd folder underneath that identity title (Candice Contact's). I do not need this folder, but when I right click on it, I get message Item Cannot be deleted. I only want to have 1 contact folder in Address Book labeled Shared Contacts, but each of my 3 identies has it's own contact folder underneath shared. Anyway I can delete these? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the O...

User folder on desktop has a bad name
My name is Matteo (like User Name). Hence I had a User Folder on desktop named Matteo. Now it has a different name, but files inside are C:\Users\Matteo The wrong name is visible only on desktop How can I restore the correct name? "Allamarein" <matteo.diplomacy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c9cd2878-a7ad-46c5-b802-a37c9d4f5b7a@d39g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > My name is Matteo (like User Name). Hence I had a User Folder on > desktop named Matteo. Now it has a different name, but files inside > are C:\Users\Matteo The wrong name is visible only on deskto...

slow moving larger items between folders...
hello, i'm on exchange 5.5 and there are about 20 or so fairly large mail boxes. When moving messages containing attachments between folders in my mailbox, it takes ages! It takes about a minute to move a message of about 250k. It never used to be like this. I'm fairly sure this is a recent development. Any ideas as to why this has happened and how to solve it? Thanks Batfastad ...

Changing positive values to negative
I’m using excel 2007with windows xp pro. I use excel very infreuently and not since upgrading to 2007. I have a long column of dollar values that I need to change from positive to negative values such as: $123.45 ($123.45) I can accomplish the feat manually over many hours by F2>.HOME>- > ENTER> DOWN ARROW and repeat and repeat and repeat. Or I can use a macro. But using a macro has changed from years ago. When I tried the macro inserted a specific value of cell rather than the value of the selected cell. So that didn’t work. What can make this conversion easier? If t...

Public folders stuck in Public Folder Instances
I'm trying my best to finish up this migration to Exchange 2007. I couldn't figure out how to use the PFMigrate tool to move public folders from Exchange 2003 to 2007, so I Right Clicked on the 2003 Public Folder Store and chose Move All Replicas. That was over 24 hours ago. I have about 180 public folders to move. The move for most of those folders took about 6 hours. However, I have 9 folders left in Public Folder Instances on the 2003 server that have been stuck there with the same KB size for the past 18 hours. They just don't seem to want to move. I've readded repli...

Insert Hyperlink without UNC format?
When linking a file from a mapped drive, it will always change the path to the UNC format. This sometimes causes problems with opening these links. I am using Outlook 2003, it seems like I have had some success with putting quotes around the link such as , "X:\path \file.pdf" This hasn't worked as of late, and it seemed to have been hit or miss before. Is there a better way to do this? ...

Publisher 07 Default Folder
I have Publisher 2007, how do I set the startup folder to something other than "MyDocuments"? I edited the properties and set the "Start-in Directory" to the desired one, but when I launch Publisher and attempt to open a file, it goes right back to "MyDocuments" Thanks Charliec ****************************************************** Charliec Change the name of the My Documents folder Do the following in these 2007 Microsoft Office system programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Access Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Save As. InfoPath, Project, Pub...

Export public shared folder ?
Hello All, I can use the export wizard from File menu of Outlook to export folders, but I am not shown the public shared folders to export. How can I export contents of a public shared folder in outlook ? Imran. Copy the folder contents to a mailbox folder and export from there. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Imran Aziz" <imran@bindweb.com> wrote in message news:uJSDqHB9EHA.1084@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hel...

Formatting hyperlinks in an Excel cell 02-16-10
Two of the columns in a spreadsheet (Excel 2003) that I use record email and web addresses. All of them appear as hyperlinks i.e. blue and underlined but some occasionally seem to lose their hyperlink properties. This means that when one hovers over them, the cursor stays as the usual Excel cross rather than changing to the hand/finger symbol. Also, clicking on the former does not launch the browser. Is there any way to ensure they are formatted, and work, as hyperlinks please? TIA V ...

Get/change operation on Table
I am trying to set up the transit numbers in the bank Maintenance screen (View>>Financial Lists>>Checkbooks ->under the Bank ID link). When I try to save the changes made to the Bank Maintenance screen I get the error a get/change operation on table 'ME_Pay_Check_Setup' cannot find the table. If I press ok, I get another error stating that I "Cannot run the trigger script." If I Press More Info I get a SQL error stating that it is an invalid object name. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. You have the Mekorma MICR Check...

Sent Messages not being saved in sent folder
Hi. When I send a message, Outlook is no longer saving it in the sent folder. It was doing this until about a month ago. It does not matter if this is a new message or a reply to an old message. Anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks Mike ...

Password Change
Hi, I am using Money 2007 Deluxe and want change my password at a financial institution. The change at the bank works fine, but Money keeps reverting to old password. Hee's is how I try to make change. From the account register, I go to "Change account settings" then "Change bank or brokerage passwords" then "Edit user ID or password" I then type, not copy and paste, my new password and "Save Changes" I then try to update online and am told password and or user id, incorrect. When I go back to "Edit user ID or password" my old password i...

How to change owner (From:) of a public folder, newsgroup post
How do I change the Owner or From: for a newsgroup post. This is a post in an Exchange 2003 public folder of type newsgroup. The posts in question are from a generic user account and I need to change it to the specific user. I tried by opening the post, choosing Edit menu -> Revise Contents, and changing the From: to the new person. But it would not save, and if I reposted it would keep the original user (poster) in the From: field (and of course it also changed the post to the current date/time). I have tried this method, to no avail, using the original user, and two different a...

Excel 2007
Hi all, We have a spreadsheet that was set up to link to a database via a system DSN. To simplify deployment of this, I'd like to change this to connect via the connection string below: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;DATABASE=xxx; I've done this for another spreadsheet, and it was easy (Data tab- >Connections->Properties), but in this next spreadsheet the Connection Properties for one connection are greyed out/disabled, so I can't change the string. Does anyone have any ideas how to enable these values again so I can change the connection string? thanks! ...

Change reference in formula from cell address to name
I'm fairly sure I saw this yesterday somewhere in this forum, but after almost two hours of searching, and not finding, I figure I've earned the right to ask - if only because someone should feel sorry for my pathetic search skills (or bad memory). Example: say I have a formula =$A$1+$B$2. Later, I name cell A1 "start" and B2 "finish". The original formula above still has the cell references and not the cell names (it does not change to =start+finish). How can I get the formulae created prior to naming cells to change and reflect the cell names? Secondly, give...

change cell values from an edit box
Is there any way to change a cell's value with an edit box? I've used drop down lists to change/update values, but I have no experience at all with edit boxes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mike ...

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...