Change default font format in Excel

I have an existing workbook with cell text entries in regular black font.  I
want to make a number of additional entries in various cells in this
workbook, and I want all my text entries to be a different font format (bold,
red).  Is there a way to do this automatically without highlighting each
entry I make and manually changing the cell format?  Thanks.

Michael,

Copy the code below, right-click on your sheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code in the
window that appears.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
If Application.IsText(Target.Value) Then
Target.Font.ColorIndex = 3
Target.Font.Bold = True
End If
End Sub

"Michael Lortz" <MichaelLortz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an existing workbook with cell text entries in regular black font.  I
> want to make a number of additional entries in various cells in this
> workbook, and I want all my text entries to be a different font format (bold,
> red).  Is there a way to do this automatically without highlighting each
> entry I make and manually changing the cell format?  Thanks.

0
Bernie
12/16/2005 8:13:24 PM
Michael,

The version below can be switched on by putting RB into cell A1, and turned off by removing the RB
from cell A1. That might be a little more useful.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Static UseRB As Boolean
If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
If Target.Value = "RB" Then
UseRB = True
Else
UseRB = False
End If
Exit Sub
End If
If UseRB And Application.IsText(Target.Value) Then
Target.Font.ColorIndex = 3
Target.Font.Bold = True
End If
End Sub

"Michael Lortz" <MichaelLortz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an existing workbook with cell text entries in regular black font.  I
> want to make a number of additional entries in various cells in this
> workbook, and I want all my text entries to be a different font format (bold,
> red).  Is there a way to do this automatically without highlighting each
> entry I make and manually changing the cell format?  Thanks.

0
Bernie
12/16/2005 8:26:53 PM
Bernie,

Thanks very much for your replies--they are great!  Is there a way I could
create a button on my toolbar to activate/de-activate this feature instead of
pasting the code in and out or using a cell reference?

Thanks,

Michael