Change date

I have a rather large list of dates that are in a column and are written
first as year then month then day Ex: 20051116. I want to change all of them
in a date format like this 11/16/2005 with out retyping each one. I have
tried to change the format but excel will not read it. I have tried to make a
macro but excel only changed that one cell not the entire column. Please
help.
0
Quandary (5)

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:29:30 -0700, "Quandary"
<Quandary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a rather large list of dates that are in a column and are written
>first as year then month then day Ex: 20051116. I want to change all of them
>in a date format like this 11/16/2005 with out retyping each one. I have
>tried to change the format but excel will not read it. I have tried to make a
>macro but excel only changed that one cell not the entire column. Please
>help.

Select your column of dates.

Then:

Data/Text to Columns
Next
Next
Column Data Format  Date:YMD
Finish

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
4/23/2005 12:46:39 AM
Select the column of dates.

Data>Text to Columns>Next>Next.  Format data type>Date>YMD and Finish.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:29:30 -0700, "Quandary"
<Quandary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a rather large list of dates that are in a column and are written
>first as year then month then day Ex: 20051116. I want to change all of them
>in a date format like this 11/16/2005 with out retyping each one. I have
>tried to change the format but excel will not read it. I have tried to make a
>macro but excel only changed that one cell not the entire column. Please
>help.

0
Gord

How do I change a flyer (word document) into a picture?
I created a flyer and I want to change it into a picture so I can upload it as a picture on facebook. How do I change the 2007 word document into a picture? This newsgroup is for Microsoft Project, a planning and scheduling application. Questions about Microsoft Word, should be published to the Word newsgroup. To address your question, try using File/Save As... and select type PDF. If the document must be an image format (such as BMP, JPG, GIG, etc) you will probably need some screen capture software such as Snag-It or the clipping tool available with Windows Vista and later. ...

changing report headings names
I would like to give the user the option of changing the report heading names, I can do this with the Docmd.openreport, stdocname, acviewdesign,,,achidden and then grab the current heading and display that heading and allow the user to change it. I then do a docmd.close acreport, stdocname, acSaveYes, this works just fine when I test but when I compile the program into a mde it doesn't like the it. Is there another way of doing this? Thanks for any help. Tom you can write the current heading names to a table, making sure the table holds only one record. add the table to the quer...

Change of public IP for fighting spam
Hi, If I ask my dns registor to change my ip to another public ip. Is this going to help us fight spam? Is there's a risk of not getting email? Example old: www.company.com = 60.1.1.1 Examble new: www.company.com = 60.1.1.5 By the way, I noticed that most big companies cannot be ping anymore. Is this advisable too? Thanks, Ricky On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:06:02 -0700, RickyVene <RickyVene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >If I ask my dns registor to change my ip to another public ip. Is this >going to help us fight spam? Is there's a ris...

Dates in Formulae
Dear all, Suppose I want to create a basic formula eg one which adds 6 months to a date, how would I do it? Doing it by date + 6 months worth of days will obviously not work as the number of days in 6 months will vary. Any thoughts? Thanks, Danny Hi Danny, =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1)) But do think about what you want the day to be in case the source date is, for example, august 31. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Aardvark" <djurmann@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23cU8IWF0DHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > ...

Auto fill cells with dates, exclude weekends?
What I'm doing is filling in multiple cells with dates (by dragging and filling) automatically. I was wondering if there was anyway for it to skip the weekends within the dates? Thanks in advance. Hi Sam rather than dragging with the left mouse button down, drag with the right .... when you let go you'll see an option for fill weekdays. Cheers JulieD "Sam Weber" <sam@hostradius.com> wrote in message news:af3901c4796d$85dff660$a501280a@phx.gbl... > What I'm doing is filling in multiple cells with dates > (by dragging and filling) automatically. I was wo...

Hyperlink Changed
The local power company had a problem last week. The power nearly went off and came back rapidly several times. I have a spreadsheet with a lot of hyperlinks to other files. After the power fluctuations the hyperlinks have the wrong path names to the files. The file names are all correct, but the path to them are all wrong. Is there a way to restore the proper path name in mass, or must I correct each and every one? The wrong path names are all the same. Does anyone know how this could have happened in the first place? ...

why cant i change font
i select all the text in a textbox and try to apply a font. nothing happens. that's the case with 4/5 fonts, only a few work. the same appears in both publisher 2003 and 2007. Are you creating a web page? Publisher will show 11 or so fonts when you are creating web pages. To use all the fonts, on the toolbar, Format, Font, uncheck Show only Web fonts. If above is not the issue, are you getting an error? -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ayudameconpublisher" <ayudameconpublisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BE1262A-A70B-4...

Change the Default Language Setting
Is it possible to set the language to 'English (Australia)' so it will be the default across all office applications? I keep having to change it manually in outlook at the moment. ...

Best way to change style of a table
I have a table I added via VBA like this: set oTable = ActivePresentation.Slides("mySlide").Shapes.AddTable(...) I then add some cells to it by: oTable.Cell(...).Shape.TextFrame.TextRange.Text = "some text" However, I cannot get a handle on these cells to update the font, fill, etc. What is the best way to do this? On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 21:01:01 -0500, Clifton Ivey <clifton ivey <"africom.mil>"> wrote: > I have a table I added via VBA like this: > > set oTable = ActivePresentation.Slides("mySlide").Shapes.AddTa...

"change order form"
Does anyone have a change order template that I can review? ...

changing from outlook 2000 to outlook xp
i just bought a new computer and want to move all my outlook 2000 personal folders from my old computer--to my new computer which is running outlook xp. What's the best way to do this? thanks, Sammy http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer sammy russo <sammy@aorafting.com> asked: | i just bought a new computer and want to move all my | outlook 2000 personal folders from my old computer--to my | new computer which is runnin...

Changing formula in multiple cells or range simultaneously
I am trying to change the value in multiple cells in a large worksheet simultaneuously. I want to identify the range and then adjust the formula in the entire range. Is there a way that I can highlight the range and then change to formula in each, simultaneously? For example, if I wanted to double the value in the entire range, how would I do this? Thanks, Michael You could put 2 in an empty cell. Copy it Edit|Paste special|click on Multiply under the operation section. Then clear out that 2. But it really depends on what kind of change you're making. If you wanted to ad...

Changing margins on different pages in document templates.
I was wondering how you change the margins for different pages in a template. Specifically, my firm is using a letterhead for the first page but blank pages after that so the header and footer margins on the first page ONLY must be larger than normal, while the following pages are fine with default settings for the margins. How do you do this and save it as a template? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm, especially the "More complex letterhead" section. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://wo...

Date Changes to 01/00/00 when i enter any date.
Using XL2003, I have a problem. When i enter a date in cell, such as 08/25/10, or use the shortcut Ctrl ;, XL displays 01/00/00 in the cell instead. I have formatted the cell as a date. What can I do to fix this problem? Thank you so much. Tonso ...

How to change Marketing list member "All members" to "Active membe
How to change Marketing list member "All members" to "Active members" in CRM 4.0? Any help is appreciated. I have used the following code giving object required error code: /************************************************************** * Change the default view of the Marketing List Members (Account) **************************************************************/ if (crmForm.all.createdfromcode.DataValue == 1) { if (crmForm.FormType != 1 && crmForm.FormType != 5 && crmForm.FormType != 6) { /************************************************************** ...

Create Formula
I need to create a formula where I add a set number of Networkdays to a start date. Example: Start Date = 1/2/07 Number of Networkdays = 21 End Date = Is calculated If Start = 1/2/07 and 21 Networkdays are added, what is the retured end date???? I can only find example of Networkdays where I would be providing the Start and End Dates, and it will calculate the Networkdays. I can't find example where End Date is calculated based on the number of networkdays from start date. Can anyone help with a valid formula for this? Thanks!! ...

word doc lost all changes

How do I change reply to or senders address
How do I change the Reply to: email address or the sender’s address? My infrastructure consists of: 1 – Windows 2003 AD box 1 – Exchange 2003 box Many – Outlook 2003 email clients. Is there a way to change the senders email address, example; An email note that’s generated by joe in the domain test.foo.com (joe@test.foo.com) can this address be changed in some setting in either Exchange or Outlook, so that the recipient of the note sees the senders address as joe@foo.com? The Outlook clients are configured for an Exchange connection. On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:03:46 -0800, HMR <HMR@discu...

rule
There is a nice rule at outlook express so that messages from certain poeple are in different colors. Why there is not such rule at Outlook 2003? There is and it's even better! See; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/coloremail.htm and http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/coloremailadvanced.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "constantinos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B1EAC31-909A-4088-97EB-BD6A97A71EC0@microsoft.com.....

Change what populates subject line when send pdf report in email
When I choose to send my POP Purchase Order Blank Form to a mail recipient (pdf), information is populating the subject line and body of my e-mail by default. Specifically the name of the report is populating the subject line. Is there a way to change this? I would rather see the PO number populating that field. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggest...

Converting a Date
I have a column with dates in the format mm/dd/yyyy. I would like to have an additional column the will give me only the month and another only the year, all from the above date column Pls Advise. Thankyou. Do not store the month and year in other columns. Instead extract the month and years using the Month() and Year() functions. They will give you number of both. For example today (March 19, 2010) will show up as 3 for the month. If you need to see March instead of 3, use the Format Function something like below: Format([TheDateColumn], "MMMM") -- Jerry Whi...

Activity without date
In my current project plan I know a few activities that will be conducted, more specifically meetings that are important. Now, I don't know the date they will happen yet and I want to indicate that by adding the activity but not entering a date. Is that allowed in MS Project? Since Project is designed to calculate dates, not only can you enter a task without a date, you should be entering ALL tasks without dates and then Project tells you when you should schedule them. -- Steve House MS Project Trainer & Consultant "Hertsh" <Hertsh@discussions.microsoft....

downloaded transaction date
There used to be a setting in prior versions of Money to not overwrite your money file with the downloaded transaction dates when matching transactions. Does anybody know how to make that change in Money 2005? I've not had any luck finding it. Thanks. -z I found the setting - tools/settings/online services/uncheck the 'overwrite transactions' box. Cheers, -z "zender" <anonymous@aol.com> wrote in message news:uelFWDVuEHA.2788@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > There used to be a setting in prior versions of Money to not overwrite > your money file with t...

International date formats
When performing an Edit, replace on the cell value 10.09.03 (a system genereated date vale of 10th Sep 03) replaceing the . with /, Excel (and in VBA when recorded as a macro) sometimes changes the cell value to 09/10/03 (9th October 03). This is driving me potty and have spent a vast amount of time on it trying to work out what Excel is doing!!!! My Regional settings are set fro the UK. Any ideas anyone? "Mike" <michael.may@npower.com> wrote in message news:2d44701c39483$97f77730$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When performing an Edit, replace on the cell value > 10.09.0...

Outlooks "Incoming mail (POP3)" keeps changing to "local"
Hi everyone, I have a question on Outlook 2000, every few days my account setting for the "Incoming mail (POP3)" change from the mail server I have specified to "local" and the mailServer then gets added to the "Account name" /meMailServerName Any ideas on why is it doing this, and can I stop it from doing this, cause each time it does, I have to manually change it back to original setting so I can get my mail. Shawn This is your antivirus software, most likely (or antispam software). Outlook doesn't do this. Check with the mfr. to see if they have an...