change cells contents from vertical to horizontal

I need to copy from one workseet the values in cells that are arranged
vertically into another worksheet and the values need to be arranged
horizontally. Can this be done? If so, how?

Select the data to be copied>Copy>Select target cell>Right
click>PasteSpecial>select 'Transpose>OK

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"GailH" wrote:

> I need to copy from one workseet the values in cells that are arranged
> vertically into another worksheet and the values need to be arranged
> horizontally. Can this be done? If so, how?
Perfect-thank you-you just saved me a ton of time.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

> Select the data to be copied>Copy>Select target cell>Right
> click>PasteSpecial>select 'Transpose>OK
>
> If this post helps click Yes
> ---------------
> Jacob Skaria
>

> "GailH" wrote:
>
> > I need to copy from one workseet the values in cells that are arranged
> > vertically into another worksheet and the values need to be arranged
> > horizontally. Can this be done? If so, how?

Finding merged cells #2
Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire need of a solution... I seem to have a problem due to cells in a worksheet being merged, how can i identify these cells? Many thanks, Rick Excel version? If you have 2002 or 2003 you can use Edit, Find, Format (and specify merged cells), Find All. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:385u2aF5kslgkU1@individual.net... | Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire | need of a solution... | | I seem to have a problem d...

How to remove blank cells
I have a spreadsheet with A LOT of blank cells. Is there any type of formula I can use to automatically delete them? Hi, Select the entire range and press F5, Special, Blanks, OK. The press Ctrl+- (Control Minus) and choose shift cells... -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "DestinySky" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with A LOT of blank cells. Is there any type of formula > I can use to automatically delete them? On Jun 24, 12:44=A0am, Shane Devenshire <ShaneDevensh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Sel...

Page Formatting Preferences Seem To Have Changed
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Using Word 2004 for Mac version 11.5.6 - For example, I cannot make one line align center with Georgia font and then drop a couple of lines and switch to left alignment and Arial font. Whatever change I make, whether what I am seeking to change is highlighted or not, the entire document changes. <br><br>This used to work fine so it seems like a preference must have changed but I can't figure out how to change it back. Really, really appreciate some advice! Thanks!! You have mistakenly enabled &qu...

How to change pivot table source database?
How can I change the source database for a pivot table in an Excel spreadsheet. Our database server has been changed and when I create a new dsn pointing to the correct server, I get an error message indicating that the query on the old server is still trying to be used. Thanks, Steve This should work for you (?) Open the pivot table and click on it. Menu - Data/Pivot Table report. Click the Back button on the Wizard dialog that appears and connect t the new data source -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How do I generate random, non-repeating numbers that don't change?
I'm setting up a spreadsheet that tracks names and generates random, non-repeating four-digit ID#'s. Is it possible in Excel 2000? The usual way to generate non repeating random numbers is to make a complete list of the possible numbers use =RAND() in and adjacent column, then sort both columns by that auxiliary column and read of the desired number of values from the first column. Jerry bsquared0 wrote: > I'm setting up a spreadsheet that tracks names and generates random, > non-repeating four-digit ID#'s. Is it possible in Excel 2000? ...

Cells range into an array, then into msgbox
Hi all, I have a range of cells which are either blank or contain data. I'd like to create a dynamic(?) array and enter the values of those cells. Then, after that, i'd like to output the array into a msgbox. I've started with the below code, but am struggling to get it to work and to do what i'm required. Can anyone help? Cheers, Tony Z. Sub collate() Dim N As Long Arr = Range("F2:H50").Value For N = LBound(Arr) To UBound(Arr) impe = impe + Arr(N) Next N MsgBox impe End Sub Hi Tony Are the values numerics or text Sub co...

Cell text color change
I'm trying to get the text color in a cell to change (to red) if the formula in that cell produces a value above a certain ammount... Could this be done? Look at Format>Conditional Formatting -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Steffen" <Steffen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC53FC5B-81DD-4872-BDCF-A56B42C24159@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get the text color in a cell to change (to red) if the formula > in that cell produces a value above a certain ammount... > > Could this be done? ...

Cell flashing
Does anyone know how to format a cell so it will flash or blink ? It's possible to do so with code but its a bad idea, you'll find such (bad) code by searching Google. There is no built in function like Word in Excel and if you do use such code the results are usually jumpy and erratic, plus the processor is unavailable to do anything else until the code is stopped from running, ie the machine is virtually locked up, Regards, Alan. "Skioregon" <Skioregon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD31EA15-BC24-4074-85DA-D826B871EE55@microsoft.com... > D...

adding 150% to a cell
I have created a payroll which i need to create and i've got most set up. i need to know how i can take D2 times it by 150% from E2 and give me the result to G2. Ok to say it simpler Overtime hours is in D2. Normal hourly rate is in E2 and overtime earned is in G2 overtime payment is at the rate of 150% of the normal hourly rate. How can i create such a formula to give the results in G2? At the moment i've got it like this: =SUMPRODUCT(D2)*(E2*150%) which worked fine but i was thinking if this is overkill in how to do it? "Asta" wrote: > I have created a payroll wh...

how to change default delivery location to my new pst file
dear all. my user has outlook 2000 sp3 running on windows 2000. i have change the default delivery location to my new pst file in account manager, but it did not work, new email is delivered to old pst file. do you have any idea on resolving this issue?? Try renaming the old .pst to .old and then retry it when Outlook is opened - point it to the new .pst file. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sf= asked: | dear al...

How can I have an initial zero in an Excel cell?

Is there a way to change the effective date on EFT transmit files?
I'm trying to determine if there is a way to adjust the effective date that is located on the transmit file for EFT file transmissions. Our transmit files show the current date as the effective date for our batches. We'd like to see a day or 2 later. I believe the location of this "effective date" is between characters 70 and 75 on the 5 record (company/batch header for all entries). ...

Linked cells, make the data go hard manually
I'd like to convert a cell linked to a previous day to hard numbers once a day. Is that possible? By 'hard number' you mean one that is no longer linked, you could copy, then paste as, paste value. HTH, Carole O "Johnny" wrote: > I'd like to convert a cell linked to a previous day to hard numbers once a > day. Is that possible? ...

Change theme colors in Excel
Working in the Excel 2010 Beta version, but I think it's the same in 2007... How can I change the theme and/or standard colors? I can find the colors I want with "more colors" but I have to add to recent colors EACH time I use Excel. Any way to change default settings for the color palette? ...

How to disable triggers for changes made by specific session?
Hi, We have built an SSIS custom destination component that uses SQL Server native OLEDB provider to perform INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE on an SQL Server destination table. We want the target database trigger not to be activated for changes made through this custom component. In addition: * The triggers on the target cannot be disabled as they are needed for other users of the target. * The triggers code can't be changed to conditionally do nothing within the trigger. We couldn’t see any option in OLE DB for disabling triggers for a particular OLE DB connection or command. Is t...

Prevent functions from changing when new rows are added
I have a worksheet configured as a timesheet, where each row represents a task performed. For any given day, I track the task(s) performed and the hours spent on each task, and there are many functions in the worksheet. The worksheet contains the following columns: Column A: blank column (not used for anything). Column B: series of dates (with a blank row in between each date). Column C: tasks performed, manually entered. Column D: hours worked on the task. Column E: hours worked for the week. There's a function in each cell where, if it's Sunday, a sum of the week's...

deleting particular stuff from cells
i need to delete the last four digits of zip codes for about 15000 addresses... Is there anyway to do that all at once... zip exp: 39180-3454 i want to delete the -3454.... i need to do this for about 15,000 zips... can i do it automaticall without doing each cell one by one..... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ for each c in [b2:b15001]'selection c.value=left(c,len(c)-4) next "billrebels4" <billrebels4.vt6hn@excelforum-nos...

Paste Cells in Column A to Columns B-K
Hi All, I was wondering if someone can help with writing an Excel Macro or some scripting. What I am trying to achieve is the following. In Column A (A1:A1000) there are values of L0xxxxxx xxxxxx=numbers (i.e L0123456) What I want to be able to do is move the values from column A to Columns B-K (10 Columns) 10 values at a time, upto 100 lines. A B C D E F G H I J K L00001 L00001 L00002 L00003 L00004 .5 .6 .7 .8 .9 L00010 L00002 L00011 L00003 L00004 ..5 ..6 ..7 ..8 ..9 L00010 L00011 Any help would be appreciated. T...

Changing default font for all comments
Can I change the default font for all comments in a worksheet? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "abbylulu2" <abbylulu2@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8DEB7970-21EA-45B3-98C4-209E56F315BE@microsoft.com... > Can I change the default font for all comments in a worksheet? ...

why do pictures and text change size on printing?
making birthday card , which i have done many times, but when trying to print, the pictures and text are reducing in size from 168% to 99% . what am i now doing wrong ? ...

Highlighted cells
I need serious help please. Im using Excel 2000. When Im in Excel, I click on a cell and release the mouse button and all the cells are highlighted. I drag the mouse with no mouse button pressed and it still hightlightes the cell. I cant even close out excel after that. I click on the X and also go to file and it wont process the command. Ive tried rebooting the pc, reloading excel, and even reloading the entire pc. But the problem still exsits. Is there any one who can help with this problem??????? Stephen, First thing to try would be pressing the F8 key. If that doesn'...

Empty cells showing that they are default formated to "Date"
I created a spead sheet with one column set as a date the first to the end of the month. The other columns have various in text and accounting info. If I click on a empty cell it show in the format section on the bar the the cell is set up to have a date entry. This is all over the page. Can any one tell me why this is happening? -- Fred You can correct that by setting the formating for the other columns. Simply click on the column(s) then right click and select Format cells, or select the column(s) then go to Format and then Cells. In the selection list choose any option bes...

Title Field
Is it possible to change the column type of the 'Title' field in my SharePoint list for example, to a 'Choice' field? I don't really need a 'Title' field, but of course I need to have the 'Edit menu' option on one of the fields, and I don't want it to be a 'single line of text'. Any help would be appreciated. -- Thanks, Rob E. I wouldn't recommend messing with the title column. It's a system column and it's better to be left alone. What you can do however: 1) Hide the Title column See: http://ferraradata.co...

Change default view on Service Calendar
Hi, Is there a way to change the default view on the Service Calenday. The default "type" is Resouce. I would like to change it to Faciliy/Equipment if that were possible. Any ideas on how to do this. I have searched many areas, but cannot pinpoint this. Thanks for any help in advance. Regards, Keener ...

Calculating cells
I have too many array formulas, and calculating cells takes to long that even freezes excel and stopped working. What I did is, from "options", tab "calculate", changed from "calculate automatic" to "manual calculations". After that excel works fine if I calculate cell by cell, BUT I do need to calculate more than 1 cell at a time. What I want to do is select a certain number of cells and then calculate them manually, and since they are array formulas I have to use ctrl+shift+enter. Do you know how to do that? -- asdf Mayb...