change case of text #2

Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that
had a large amount of text in capital letters.  Is there a
way to change this data to "PROPER" throughout the entire
worksheet?
Thank you
Gloria Anderson at Habitat for Humanity of Key West and
the Lower Florida Keys
0
anonymous (74722)

=proper(range)

will do the trick

Mike

"habikeys" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that
> had a large amount of text in capital letters.  Is there a
> way to change this data to "PROPER" throughout the entire
> worksheet?
> Thank you
> Gloria Anderson at Habitat for Humanity of Key West and
> the Lower Florida Keys

0
m.l.hughes (17)
10/30/2003 8:13:56 PM
You would need a macro for that, press Alt + F11, click insert>module and
paste the below
into the window

Sub PropCase()
   Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    Dim R As Range
    For Each R In Selection.Cells
     If R.HasFormula Then
      R.Formula = "=PROPER(" & Mid(R.Formula, 2) & ")"
     Else
      R.Value = Application.Proper(R.Value)
    End If
  Next
  Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

press alt + Q to close the VBA editor, select the range with the all caps
and press alt + F8 and select
PropCase and click Run

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"habikeys" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Some recent data was imported to an Excell worksheet that
> had a large amount of text in capital letters.  Is there a
> way to change this data to "PROPER" throughout the entire
> worksheet?
> Thank you
> Gloria Anderson at Habitat for Humanity of Key West and
> the Lower Florida Keys

0
terre08 (1112)
10/30/2003 8:23:39 PM
Thank you sooooooooooooo much

0
anonymous (74722)

Who can open Cases?
Recently, I am reading online courses from microsoft. About cases, a sentence confused me: "Cases can be opened by either a customer or a Customer Service Representative" ??? What it means? Customer can logon to CRM and open a case???? Sorry, I got it. It just say the customer submitted some thing and then a related case should be created in CRM. The "open" is not the operation on CRM. "Goldensun" wrote: > Recently, I am reading online courses from microsoft. About cases, a sentence > confused me: > > "Cases can be opened by either a cu...

Outlook startup #2
All of a sudden all our outlook client (Outlook2002/Exchange 2000) are getting the following message: "Your microsoft exchange server is unavailable" with the retry and cancel options. We hit the retry option it connects to the exchange. Any ideas???? Sounds like name resolution problems. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstations? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup....

find column with text data in row 1
I have the following macro which bounces me back and forth between b:k and m:u Private Sub Workbook_SheetBeforeDoubleClick( _ ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Not Intersect(target, Range("B:J")) Is Nothing Then target.Offset(0, 11).Select If Not Intersect(target, Range("M:U")) Is Nothing Then target.Offset(0, -11).Select End Sub Now I would like to build on that. My K Column is my delimiter with the static text 'Totals'. I would like to be able to have the functionality of the above without have the number of columns static, so...

Report Crystal Report on CRM 1.2 Problem
Hi, I create a Crystal report. in this reports, i use "field of cumulated total" Sorry, i am french and in french it's "Champs de total cumul´┐Ż" I use result of this field to do statistic. the problem, When the fields is null, result of my stat are null too. Can you help me. thanks depending on the source of your data, you can use the ISNULL(fieldname,0,fieldname) T-SQL function to replace null values with zero values instead. This will allow your statistics to compute properly. Dave "Chdup" <chdup@monmail.com> wrote in message news:43df...

Change SMTP Server name in Message-ID
Dear all, I just have migrated Exchange Server 2003 from Exchange Server 5.5 for customer. Then customer ask me to change Exchange Server SMTP name (because cannot change NETBIOS name without re-installed.) So, I change through Exchange System Manager > SMTP Virtual Server > Delivery Tab > Advance > FQDN name from "thoresex1.thoresen.com" to "mail.thoresen.com" It seem OK except "message-ID" still appear like; "Message-ID: <2130B2528CD4B4408AEF7B50583E58800F8560@thoresex1.thoresen ...com>" Please see all message headers below:...

Text Box hide & unhinde with mouse?
How do i Attach th text box on the right hand side corner of the sheet and hide it their and when i take mouse their it comes out. Cannot be done in Excel with just a 'mouse-over'. Could be done with VBA (macro) using Worksheet_SelectionChange() event. You would have to click on a particular cell to make it come out (become visible). "Anand vijay" wrote: > How do i Attach th text box on the right hand side corner of the sheet and > hide it their and when i take mouse their it comes out. how do i do that with the help of cell "JLatham" wrote: > C...

Shared folders #2
In an exchange enviroment, folders can be shared among users. But it seems to me that, on a larger scale, this can be pretty tedious. What if I want to a single shared calendar that is used by all users? how is this normally done? .. I know I can put it in public folders, my question here, again, is must that calendar be created on 'someones' PC......in 'someones' mailbox? What if several users are sharing folders among different other users? Doesn't this become difficult to administer? knowing what shared folder is hosted where? Am I missing something here? Sh...

If field value has changed allow an audit
Hi, Some will have objections to what I am doing and call it messy - but anyway. If a field has had its value changed I want to be able to continue with the audit if it has not then - allow the form to close without saving. So I have added the following to the forms beforeUpdate. The two fields that I want to check are numeric Me!Eng_Cost and Me!Ext_Cost I have tried the .Dirty and it is not intended to work here. So Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) ' Confirm with user that this record is to be modified Dim updRecord As Byte updRecord = MsgBox(...

Thread Question #2
Dear Sir, In my application we are using legacy libraries which are not thread safe.We are calling one function from the GUI to initiate the process which will call the function in the libraries.The process is as follows : 1) The tool requests the data from the oracle and after retrieving the data from the oracle local system creates one file based on this data,This process is continued repetitively based on the input,that means it may create n files based on the input.To improve the performance we are using two threads,one thread calls the library function(the constraint is we hav...

Run Time error 9 #2
Hi all, I thought I found the fault but I still can't get it to work! I am trying to copy sheet called "inventory" to a new workbook save it with the name of the value in cell X4 and close it and return to the original workbook. Thanks for any help Sheets("Inventory").Select Sheets("Inventory").Copy Sheets("Inventory").Name = "Inventory List" With ActiveWorkbook .SaveAs Filename:=Worksheets(" Inventory List ").Range("x4").Value End With You got a pretty good reply at your other post in...

where can i learn MS CRM 1.2
I've got MS CRM 1.2 installed at our office, and no one knows how to use it. How/where can I/we learn MS CRM 1.2 from. Are there any free online tuts or user guides to get us started? Version 3.0 is much better. Why are you still using 1.2 ? "Nikki" wrote: > I've got MS CRM 1.2 installed at our office, and no one knows how to use it. > How/where can I/we learn MS CRM 1.2 from. > > Are there any free online tuts or user guides to get us started? > > > ...

New Customizable Option Strategy Screeners #2
o More powerful custom screeners. o Build your own screeners with configurable filters. o Save your screeners to use later. o Six filters to choose from(more coming soon). o Screener data updated twice daily. Check out www.avasaram.com ...

typing text onto two lines (one above the other) in one cell
What is the command and syntax to do the above? Thank you. Will, Press the Alt-Enter keys at the same time in a sentence to go to a different line within the same cell. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Will Naylor" wrote: > What is the command and syntax to do the above? > > Thank you. > ...

Changing a customers Account Number?
Is it safe to edit a customers account number? I have some irregularities i would like to sort out, and would rather maintain the customers purchase history than make a new account? If i directly change the account number - will i mess anything up? In my personal opinion if the account number was system generated, I'd leave it alone; if you created your own account numbers for your customers, I don't think you'll have any issues, sql being a relational db and all.....nevertheless, back up your db and recreate it on say your laptop....then change one customer account numb...

Change Color of font automaticaly
I have a report that prints out a customer invoice. on the invoice is says either Standard Delivery or Express Delivery If is express i want it to the font colour to be Red or any way to make it stand out How would i do this thanks Have a look at Conditional Formatting in the report's Design View. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Simon" <S.Dickson@shos.co.uk> wrote in message news:673d1018-d709-4a82-b1ef-7e2e388326a5@h10g2000vbm.googlegroups.com... >I have a report that print...

Need formula to cal percentage of 2 numbers
Hi, I would like the formula that will compare two numbers and give me the percentage in the third column. ex C4 compared to B4 put in cloumn D4 as a percentage, New to excel and need to know how to put the formula in the cell too? thanks for hel p in advance -- Mike B =C4/B4 and format as percentage -- HTH Bob Phillips "mike b" <mikeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D45EB6A-F7D6-4B53-B3DC-EEA724E69298@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would like the formula that will compare two numbers and give me the > percentage in the third column. > ...

How do you change the size of a range of cells in a column/row
without changing all cell sizes in those rows or columns You can't, width and height are properties of columns and rows, not cells. You can merge cells in two columns or rows to combine their width or height. In article <0F00CD03-E47C-44AD-9185-89BEEF4D3FEB@microsoft.com>, SOkoll <SOkoll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > without changing all cell sizes in those rows or columns ...

Use a picture as text
I recently saw a brochure made with MS Publisher that had text that was made from a photograph. Does anyone know if this was done in publisher and if so how it's done? It was a picture of a truck on the road seen as several letters to form the picture. The letters looked like word art. Thank you "KathySam" wrote: >I recently saw a brochure made with MS Publisher that had text that was >made > from a photograph. Does anyone know if this was done in publisher and if > so > how it's done? It was a picture of a truck on the road seen as several > letter...

Is it correct that an 81/2 x 14 tent card fold newsletter prints .
I want to make a newsletter on legal size paper. I want it to fold like a "tent card" and give me a page one (and page four) size that is 81/2' wide and 7" long. Then the inside, pages two and three I want to actually do as one 8 1/2 x 14 page. When I start to set this up, the newsletter from a template prints pages 1 and 2 together, head to head at the center and pages 3 and 4 on the other sheet also head to head. Is that right? Am I wanting to do something weird? Try selecting Booklet as your layout. On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:43:06 -0700, eyedoc <eyedoc@discuss...

Change Default Columns?
I use MS Outlook 2007 SP2. Is there a way to make all folders, or, at least all NEW folders have a standard set of columns, which is different than the default columns? For example I don't need the "Status" or "Size" columns. Rather than delete them after I create a new folder, I'd like the default configuration NOT to include them Thanks! On Jan 31, 4:50=A0am, Don Green <dmg...@gmail.com> wrote: > I use MS Outlook 2007 SP2. =A0 > Is there a way to make all folders, or, at least all NEW folders have > a standard set of columns, which is differ...

Problem with (1) Office database & (2) Updates installation failures
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I have two problems that may be related (or not): (1) When I open Word or Excel it takes a very long time and then I get this: "There is a problem with the Office database. Office might be unable to access the database or the database file might be damaged. Without the database, you might be unable to use the Address Book, Scrapbook, and other features that store your personal information." It goes on to explain how to "rebuild the database". I did this properly though without success. (I only w...

Find MAX of column from using 2 criterias
Spreadsheet (duh) with 3 columns: Month, Vehicle Licence #, Odometer readings. Now looking at the Month and Vehicle Licence #, what is the lowest odometer reading and also what is the highest odometer reading, so as to calculate the distance travelled. Do not want to use Pivot tables - as columns will grow. Do not want to use array formula as end user is as useless as putting butter on bread with a toothpick. Thanks in advance. Hi, Try this array formula. =MIN(IF(MONTH(A1:A20)=D1,IF(B1:B20=E1,C1:C20))) Change MIN to MAX to get the max value D1 is a number i.e. 4 fo...

Sum If
I want to sum a # field if the 2 conditions are met. 1 - the month = February and 2, the $'s are sales Data is like this D F G Month Measure(Sales) Data I want to add penguin77 wrote: > I want to sum a # field if the 2 conditions are met. 1 - the month = > February and 2, the $'s are sales > > > Data is like this > > D F G > Month Measure(Sales) Data I want to add > http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumProduct In ...

Share Outlook file on DSB storage device between 2 computers
Hello I want to be able to run outlook at home and at work, but have the files stored on my USB storage device. I can see where the .pst file is storred on each computer, but cannot figure out how change the location of the .pst file in setup. Can anyone help? Thanks You should'nt rely on the integrity of a pst stored in such a way. In OL File/Open/Data File (wording depends on version) and browse to the pst You can either, in OL, alter the default pst or use the usb pst as a backup <rhatala@stny.rr.com> wrote in message news:cmsgq1h8taq0sp0qb2om5cvqg2gtnbgr32@4ax.com......

Copy and Paste changes colour
When I copy elements from one Publisher 200 file and paste them into another Publisher 2000 file they change colour. Red goes blue, and green goes yellow. Bizzare! Can anyone explain this please. John the issue you describe is unknown in any version of Publisher. I would suggest you need to update your video driver from the website of your video card manufacturer. Make sure you get the correct version for your video card and operating system. I am sure that will fix your issues. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human right...