change 'alt+enter' combo to just 'enter'

I need to get to a new line within a cell, yet I want to change the
combination from the 'alt+enter' to just 'enter.' Is there a way to change
this combination?

Basically I need to be able to type large amounts of information in each
cell and it would be too much of a pain to type 'alt+enter.' I need to be
able to type in Excel as freely as you can type in Word.

Thanks

Don't think there's any simple way to accomplish what you want.

Perhaps you'd be better served if you used text boxes, into which you you
CAN type as freely as you can in Word.

"Erin Christopher" wrote:

> I need to get to a new line within a cell, yet I want to change the
> combination from the 'alt+enter' to just 'enter.' Is there a way to change
> this combination?
>
> Basically I need to be able to type large amounts of information in each
> cell and it would be too much of a pain to type 'alt+enter.' I need to be
> able to type in Excel as freely as you can type in Word.
>
> Thanks
0
DukeCarey (494)
7/14/2005 9:06:01 PM
How do you convert or make a cell into a text box? I have tried and it will
not work.

"Duke Carey" wrote:

> Don't think there's any simple way to accomplish what you want.
>
> Perhaps you'd be better served if you used text boxes, into which you you
> CAN type as freely as you can in Word.
>

> "Erin Christopher" wrote:
>
> > I need to get to a new line within a cell, yet I want to change the
> > combination from the 'alt+enter' to just 'enter.' Is there a way to change
> > this combination?
> >
> > Basically I need to be able to type large amounts of information in each
> > cell and it would be too much of a pain to type 'alt+enter.' I need to be
> > able to type in Excel as freely as you can type in Word.
> >
> > Thanks

How do i change the cells in a column at the same time in Excell?
Christar, You post is way thin on details and to insure you get some goo feedback, it is important to take the time to be a specific as possibl about what you want to happen. That being said; here is an example of changing an entire column' formatting.. If you want to apply the same formatting to all the cells in a column click on the column letter A,B,C........, you will notice that th entire column is highlighted. Now, go straight to Format>Cells an begin selecting the formatting changes you would like. These change will be applied to the entire selected column. Hopes this helps, ...

Need help with changing multiple page fields. #2
I have found some code on the web that will allow me to link pivot table menus together. This way if I have three tables all based on the same info and say change the date in one, the date changes in all of them. I have tested out the code and it works well but... when I pull data from an outside source the code fails because it can not find the data fields. Is it possible to link related pivot table fields using an outside data source like SQL? The code I am using is listed below and this is the link from where I got the code from. It's a great site. Change Multiple Page Fields -- C...

How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel d.
How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel document? I want to be able to distribute a monthly or weekly report in Excel to users and have it automatically update the date last modified in the footer each time I update the report. You need to do that with a Before_Print event macro. If you search the newsgroups from Google you will find lots of examples. On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:33:04 -0800, "Last modified date in footer" <Last modified date in footer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel doc...

change column widths w/o affecting rows above
I'm trying to create a form and I want five columns of identical width on one row and then several rows below I want five columns of varying width. Is this possible? Thanks Not directly - width is a property of the column, not individual cells. You may be able to achieve the effect you want by merging cells. In article <C31E7155-1736-4136-A8F1-12F3DA4AD153@microsoft.com>, Mike G <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to create a form and I want five columns of identical width on one > row and then several rows below I want five columns of v...

What need to change in asp.net if web server update from IIS6 to IIS7?
What need to change in asp.net application if web server update from IIS6 to IIS7? Our company just created a new web server using windows 2008 and iis7. -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/asp-net/201003/1 On Mar 2, 10:14=A0pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote: > What need to change in asp.net application if web server update from IIS6= to > IIS7? > Our company just created a new web server using windows 2008 and iis7. > > -- > Message posted via DotNetMonster.comhttp://www....

How can I change a .pub to .JPG
I created a business card on Publisher 2000. How can I send the image to others on Outlook Express so anyone can open it?? How do I change from a ..pub to a .jpg format?? Select all the objects, copy, paste into Paint, save as. In Paint, on the toolbar, Image, attributes, select inches, input 3.5 x 2. Or you could send as a PDF. There are free converters around such as: http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Steamtown Pete" <Steamtown Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

How to change column titles from numbers to letters.
The columns are labeled in numbers. How do I change this to letters. mdb60575 schreef: > The columns are labeled in numbers. How do I change this to letters. Tools > Options > General > switch off R1C1 reference style Bart Snel Tools>Options>General Deselect R1C1 reference style -- ERR229 "mdb60575" wrote: > The columns are labeled in numbers. How do I change this to letters. Hi, Go to Tools>Options>General>unselect "R1C1 reference style" HT -- Case ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Casey'...

Account number change
Sorry for the repeat, but I'm still having trouble with this. My bank changed my account number. I had to change the credentials used for online updates. When Money updates, it creates a set of duplicate accounts for that bank. Fine...I merge duplicate accounts and everything should be fine, right? The next time money updates, it creates ANOTHER set of duplicate accounts that have no transactions in them. If I merge again, I can't see all my old transactions anymore. How do I correct this? In microsoft.public.money, Banjolicious wrote: >Sorry for the repeat, but I'm still ha...

Money Uk change to Quicken 2009
Just bought last weak Quicken 2010 to have an oppotunity to make my home finance, when money stops quote updating in the near future Working with money for more than a decade in a very sufficient way, it was very hard to change to quicken 2010. Money was simple and efficient. As Quicken is new to me, it is difficult to get the overview as fast, as I had it with money. But after several days using it, I get used to it. I was not able to transfer my investment accounts to Quicken, so I did it all, account by account manually. Today I am happy to have an alternative to money, but I would pr...

Cannot enter or copy/paste any Text
When I open an existing or new (blank) Publisher document and try to enter text I get an error message "Publisher cannot complete the operation." If I try to copy/paste a Text Frame on an existing document I get an error message "There is not enough memory to paste objects." It will copy/paste or insert a picture or clipart. I can create a bipmap image of a Publisher page and copy/paste it into a Publisher or Word document. This problem has come about within the last few days, because I used the program 8-days ago. I am not having any problems with any other ...

prompted to save when no changes
Hi ng Using xl 2003 I'm reviewing thousands of old spreadsheets to see if I should kee them or not. I open the book, take a quick look and close. I am asked if I would like to save changes, though I did nothing. What's going on -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi There probably is a "voltatile" function in your worksheet (for instance: =NOW()) HTh Cordially Pascal "goss >" <<goss.18x81e@excelforum-nospam.com> a �crit dans le message de news:goss.18x81e@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi ng > Using xl 2003 > > I'm review...

How do I change a Chart's axis scale from visual basic?
How do I change a Chart's (that is on a worksheet) x-axis scale from visual basic? The following only works when the chart has its own sheet/tab. With Charts("Chart1").Axes(xlCategory) .MinimumScale = 740.25 .MaximumScale = 746.25 End With If it is located within a worksheet how do you reference it? Hi, Some more like this for chartobject, With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Chart.Axes(xlCategory) .MinimumScale = 740.25 .MaximumScale = 746.25 End With Cheers Andy jfiorillo wrote: > How do I change a Chart's (that is on a worksheet) ...

Can I just reinstall Pub 2000 when it is part of Office 2000
Having just upgraded to Office 2003 I am tearing my hair out with Publisher 2003. I just cannot get it to work with my web site files made in Pub 2000. My site is now out of date and I haven't got time to learn Front Page! Can I un-install Pub 2003 and re-install Pub 2000 even if they are part of Office 2000 and 2003? Help!! You can install Publisher 2000 as a standalone application. Create a separate folder on your hard drive and install it there. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Maudie" <Maud...

Open Excel files in separate sessions, not just separate windows?
How do I open several Excel files, each in a separate session, not just in separate windows within the same session? For instance, when I open Word files, each one opens with its own separate menus, window frame, etc. Tools>Options>General> Ignore other applications with this selected if you open a file from Excel it will be in the same "instance" of Excel ,however, if you open a file by doubleclicking in the file folder a new "instance" of Excel will open. "Bob at Dexia Design" wrote: > How do I open several Excel files, each in a separate...

Change data starting point in chart
In a SSRS 2008 chart of type "Shape, Doughnut" is it possible to change the start position of first data item? As it seems to default to start at 90 degree position.. ...

I cannot enter data in my Excel 2000 spreadsheet
Good afternoon dear members of the microsoft.public.excel.misc newsgroup. I need Your kindly help. I cannot enter data in my Excel 2000 document for one or other reason. I just clic on any of the spreasheet cells and type for word but it does not work. Any idea ? Many Thanks. Octavio Ovidio What else is going on? Are you using VBA code on the back side? Are there any Excel alert boxes open behind your main application window? Please provide more information. Alex >-----Original Message----- >Good afternoon dear members of the microsoft.public.excel.misc newsgroup. I >nee...

How to change the spacing of data markers in a line/scatter chart
Is there a way to change the amount of data markers used in a line/scatter chart?? I have a lot of data, and it looks very messy... Thanks! ...

Message icons have changed in Taskbar
Before - Opened Outlook messages displayed an "Outlook" icon in the taskbar Now - Opened Outlook messages display as "Word" icons in the taskbar Problem - the user cant tell the difference between open Outlook messages and open Word documents, they open multiple of each and quickly become confused, very annoyinig (the problem AND the user!!) Any ideas what may have caused this and how to "unwind" ? Outlook2003 latest SP and fully patched Thanks Apparently some recent patch caused it - I don't know which one, only that several people have complain...

Changing Vendor address on already printed PO
When I printed a PO from the PO entry screen to the screen to preview I realized I had the wrong vendor address. I can change it in vendor cards but it won't update on the existing PO. Any way to get this to change or than creating a PO in excel? The only way to fix this is to cancel the PO (cancel all PO line quantities) and re-enter the PO with the correct address. Once a PO has been printed, you cannot Void or Delete it. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Penny, there are two ways you can change it. Just so you know, the vendor address...

Changing CAPS to normal and vice-versa
Hi Please help me changing a cell's format from CAPS to normal and normal to CAPS using keyboard combinations. thanks -- Reg Deepak Hi there's no such command. Excel does not support this kind of formating (like Word does) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Deepak wrote: > Hi > > Please help me changing a cell's format from CAPS to normal and > normal to CAPS using keyboard combinations. > > thanks Depends on what "normal" is to you. If you mean lower case, here's one way: Attach this to any keyboard shortcut: Public Sub Tog...

How to run an event upon changing the value of a specific cell?
I want to run an event or a mcaro only when a certain cell is changed. i.e., if the cell A1 value is changed, then do such and such ... Right click on your sheet tab, view code. Paste this in and modify to suit: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub 'Do something here End Sub -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Wael Fathy" wrote: > I want to run an event or a mcaro only when a certain cell is changed. > i.e., if ...

Change in Open Behavior
Seems to me that after I had to reload my Office 2003 the open dialog box acts differently. I remember when I used to type in the name of the file I wanted to open, when it came up in the dialog box I could just hit enter and the file would open. Now when I hit enter it just isolates that file and I have to highlight it and double-click or hit enter. Has anyone seen this change? How can I get the old way back? Bruce ...

excel changes a string in a csv file to a date format! how to get around this?
hi experts... i have a csv file with a one field as follows: ........ ,"2300-1-6", ............... this is not a date. it is a string that i want to appear just like that. but in excel, it imports it as a date and changes it to 1/6/2300 i tried to change the cell format from date to general (or text), but this makes it appear as 146104. i tired to rename the .csv file to .txt and play with the import options, but nothing worked. can someone please help! thanks hilz Never mind. i found it. When the file is changed to txt file, the import options can handle it. i just did not know...

Combo Box returning results
Hi, I have multiple combo boxes on a form which I open from the swithboard in add mode. The combo boxes and list boxes are all tied to fields on the same table, which I want updated with a new record when I pull up the form. I want the combo box fields static and to choose from the linked fields and the list box values to be inputed. The list boxes work fine, but while the combo boxes let me choose from the values in the linked fields why don't they show up in the new record? Try under the "OnCurrent" event Me.combobox1.requery HTH, Nick. "aponne1" wrote: ...

change where sent messages are saved
Is it possible to change the folder where sent messages are saved in outlook 2002? I want to make this change for all sent messages and not just set on a message by message basis using options. I know this can be done for drafts and inbox, but I can't figure it our for sent items. Thanks, -Ben ...