Change a cell's value using a button

Hi - I know its possible but have no idea how to do it - How do I set up a
cell with two buttons attached to it that increase and decrease the value in
the cell? I.e. if I have a cell with 10% in it and hit the "up" button, the
number goes up by 0.5% and down by the same amount if I hit the "down" button?
I am pretty good in Excel but dont know anything about macros - but Im
really not sure where you find this function. Thanks for your help in advance
anyone!
--
Ashley
0

No macros required. Use a spin button control rather than
2 buttons. Follow these steps:

1. Go to View > Toolbars > Control Toolbox.
2. Click once on the spin button icon and draw one on
your worksheet.
3. Right-click the spin button and go into "Properties".
4. Enter "A2" (no quotes) into "LinkedCell".
5. Close Properties.
6. Set up columns J and K to look like the following:

J       K
0	0
1	0.5%
2	1.0%
3	1.5%
4	2.0%
5	2.5%
6	3.0%
7	3.5%

and so on.

7. Insert this formula into A1:
     =VLOOKUP(A2,J:K,2,0)
   and format as %.
8. Click the "Exit Design Mode" icon on the toolbar and
close the Control Toolbox.
9. Click away!

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jasonjmorin (551)
3/17/2005 5:34:50 AM
nice - thanks very much...

"Jason Morin" wrote:

> No macros required. Use a spin button control rather than
> 2 buttons. Follow these steps:
>
> 1. Go to View > Toolbars > Control Toolbox.
> 2. Click once on the spin button icon and draw one on
> your worksheet.
> 3. Right-click the spin button and go into "Properties".
> 4. Enter "A2" (no quotes) into "LinkedCell".
> 5. Close Properties.
> 6. Set up columns J and K to look like the following:
>
> J       K
> 0	0
> 1	0.5%
> 2	1.0%
> 3	1.5%
> 4	2.0%
> 5	2.5%
> 6	3.0%
> 7	3.5%
>
> and so on.
>
> 7. Insert this formula into A1:
>      =VLOOKUP(A2,J:K,2,0)
>    and format as %.
> 8. Click the "Exit Design Mode" icon on the toolbar and
> close the Control Toolbox.
> 9. Click away!
>
> HTH
> Jason
> Atlanta, GA

0
Ash007 (3)

Change Font on Character Count
I have a form from the CBOE. The form is used to give responses by students, but has limited space. This worked in Acces 2.0 and Access 97, now it is no longer working! I count the total number of characters on a page. If the count is in certain ranges then I set the font accordingly. Current Code Dim rprt as Report Set rprt = Me With rprt If Me!TextA > 1400 then .fontsize = 13 End If If Me!TextA > 2100 then .fontsize = 12 End I...

change OWA URL from http://servername/exchange to http://servername/webmail/exchange
Hi all, Because we want to use OWA (Exch 2003) on our extranet (e.g. extranet.domain.com) which next to OWA has to serve other websites (apache, tomcat, other iis) we want to add a directory to the exchange url, so at the firewall (which hosts the proxy server it's clear which server to choose even a second owa (the old 5.5)). We can do do this for the exchange virtual directory but have to setup this also for the other virtual dirs:exchweb, contents, public etc. Is their a simple (or hard) way to slip in a directory in the url ? Regards, Laurens On 31 Mar 2006 00:58:06 -0800, "L...

format cells #4
hi. how can i set by default the cell formatting to 'general' or 'number' or even 'text'? i mean i dont want excel to correct let's say: 1.5 to 01.may or 9/12 to 09.dec. is this possible? thanks. (i have some programs which export data to excel and instead of numbers in excel appear dates and i can't set the cell format before the data is exported) -- notrace2004 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ notrace2004's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34817 View this thread: http://www....

Text don't fit in a cell
Is there a limit to the text count in a cell? I have wrap text on and I even increased my height and width but I can only see up to a certain point of my entry. I even tried making my font smaller but all it does is give me the extra space but still end at the same spot of my entry. If there is a limit, is there a way to override that? Please help. Hi there's a limit of 1,024 characters per cell (in the formula you can see up to 32K). You can extened this limit by manually entering linebreaks with ALT+ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Sue K" <anonym...

Is there a way to track changes made in an Access 2002 database?
Can a log be created that shows a name was changed on a certain date at a certain time by a certain user, etc.? -- Maureen Maureen <Maureen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can a log be created that shows a name was changed on a certain date at a >certain time by a certain user, etc.? There's a simple example at ACC2000: How to Create an Audit Trail of Record Changes in a Form http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q197592 Audit Trail - Log changes at the record level at: http://allenbrowne.com/AppAudit.html The article addresses edits, inserts, a...

how do i write a sentence in a cell?
im reli confused i dont no how to write a sentence in a exel cell without it running into the cell next to it n its buggin me cos im having to ut a good paragragh in a cell n its not workin Select the column, say col A Click Format > Cells > Alignment tab Check "Wrap text" > OK Now when you type in col A, the text will wrap around w/o running into the next cell. You could of course, increase the width of the column by dragging the right edge of the column header to the right, etc And if you need to break for a new line within the same cell, press Alt + ENTER -- Rgds Ma...

Publisher 2003-How does one learn how to use it?
I'm disgusted with Microsoft. I purchased Microsoft 2003 with digital imaging expecting to find manuals on how to use the product. There was a manual for the digital imaging, but none for Publisher. How does one learn how to use Publisher, through osmosis? Not including an operating manual is like going into a restaurant and ordering your meal only to find out the restaurant doesn't supply silverware. Does anyone know ehere I can get a manual or training? I appreciate your responses. Ron strange you think Microsoft would care about what you think. Ron Publisher up to version...

97 to 2000 Conversion
I recently converted an Access 97 database to Access 2000, and the behavior of the 'Find' button has changed. From Form view in 97, I could perform a general search for data anywhere in the table (~2,500 records, 119 columns) and it would find it. Since converting to Access 2000, the general search will only return a result if the record is within the first 1,000 or so, and anything above that comes back as not found. If I restrict the search to a single field where I know the data exists and search for the same string, it is found. Is there a limit of the number of rows...

Addition function of multiple cells
Does anyone know if there is a function that will take a list of numbers in different cells and run various addition combinations on the list to detemine which cells will add to a specific number? For example: A1 = 1 A2 = 2 A3 = 5 A4 = 7 I want to know which cells added to gether will give me 6...answer = A1 + A3 On Tue, 25 May 2010 11:11:01 -0700, DB74 <DB74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if there is a function that will take a list of numbers in >different cells and run various addition combinations on the list to detemine >which ce...

Need to change pic viewer in Excel
When I was running XP Home I could open a link to a picture in Windows FAX viewer. But in running XP Pro the picture opens in IE which causes multiple browser windows to close if viewing several linked pictures. This is an Excel newsgroup. You should post your question to a WindowsXP Pro newsgroup. HTH Otto "rgroff" <rgroff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46469ECB-F3B4-4F33-9FAC-8496239F14C2@microsoft.com... > When I was running XP Home I could open a link to a picture in Windows FAX > viewer. But in running XP Pro the picture opens in IE which...

Investment
Money 3000. Money has incorrectly classified my Stocks as Mutual Funds. How can I change that? In microsoft.public.money, Denis wrote: >Money has incorrectly classified my Stocks as Mutual Funds. >How can I change that? This could have come about when converting from Quicken. When you convert a custom data type from Quicken, it generally comes over as a fund. It is not trivial, but not as hard as it first appears. A few minutes should do it for each stock. In the details, remove the existing symbol, and rename the existing "mutual fund" to something you will never use. L...

When changing a Read only attribute i get an error messge.
I am trying to open an old database . Access trlls me to change the read only attribute. When I do this I get an error messge. How can I retrieve the information in my database. "rodfromtod" <rodfromtod@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:7B30AE58-CAF5-40A4-9F3B-2CB86EB94AD2@microsoft.com... > I am trying to open an old database . Access trlls me to change the read > only > attribute. When I do this I get an error messge. How can I retrieve the > information in my database. On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 13:04:02 -0800, rodfromtod <rodfromtod@discus...

opening an excel form using an access button #2
thanks for the suggestion. thats what i'm doing now. is there any wa to integrate access and excel so that I can install all together o different machines -- -Brian-H ----------------------------------------------------------------------- -Brian-H-'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=566 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26446 I don't understand the question. What do you mean "install"? The Office applications? Or YOUR applications? **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification ...

Counting characters in a range of cells
Is there a way to count to number of times a given charachter occurs in a range of cells? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ David, If it's a worksheet function you want, try =SUM(LEN(A1:A5)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1:A5,"e",""))) which is an array formula, so enter with Ctrl-Shift-Enter. If you want to do it in VBA, use Debug.Print Application.Evaluate("SUM(LEN(A1:A5)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1:A5,""e"",""...

EXCH 5.5
I have a test server which has exch 5.5 installed. I use this for test purpose only. I want to bring pub.edb and priv.edb from my production exchange and try to repair the folders. My test exchange and production exchange, both have different site and organisation. How can I change or add new site/organisation on my test exchange so I can use production exchange's public folder ? Uninstall and then Reinstall with the correct org and site names. -- Hope that helps. ------------------------- Jaclynn Hiranaka Enterprise Messaging Support This posting is provided "AS IS"...

Using Photo Watermarks
I wish to use a colour photo as a watermark in the design of a DVD insert when using Publisher 2000. However, as the colours are strong, the title text (in black) in the foreground is difficult to read. How can I make the colours paler so as to make the title text more legible? It seems to be possible to do this when using clip art and a single colour, but not photos. The only possible solution I have found is to convert the photo to grey scale, and then use the colour palette to choose the intensity of the grey. BUT - I want to retain the colours. All suggestions gratefully received. Sp...

Using Different "Reply Address" in Outlook
I'm not sure which Newsgroup would be more appropriate so I try both Exchange and Outlook. Our organization has two email domains, one hosted by an ISP and the other maintained in-house. In the office, we already have an Exchange server hosting mail for Domain-A. All the workstations are running Outlook 2000 to connect to their mailboxes. The ISP is hosting email of Domain-B for us. Users are using web access to connect to the ISP to get messages for Domain-B. I am trying to standardize Outlook 2000 as the only email client by adding the mail profile of Domain-B. To do this, I change the...

Debug Assertion Failed by using CView
Hi everybody! I'm using VisualC++6 with MFC. I have a assert when I quit my program (SDI) Here is the code: I created Document templates : CSingleDocTemplate* pDocTemplate; pDocTemplate = new CSingleDocTemplate( IDR_MAINFRAME, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyListViewDoc), RUNTIME_CLASS(CMainFrame), RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyView)); In my CMyView class, I've got a member variable : protected: CView2 m_View; with class CView2 : class CViewExt:public CView { public: CViewExt(); DECLARE_DYNCREATE(CViewExt) virtual ~CViewExt(); virtual void OnDraw(CDC* pDC); }; For Creating a new view, I do i...

I want to format a number cell without the decimal and without ro.
I need to format the number cell so that it will still show the numbers after the decimal, but not show the decimal point at all. It must also display leading zeros, which is not a problem. I just need a way to strip the decimal from the number. If if needs to stay a number with the same value, I don't think you can do it. If you can change the value Just multiple the number by ten to the number of decimal places. If it can be text set up a new column and use =substitute(a1,".',"") "LAM" wrote: > I need to format the number cell so that it will sti...

format to see bottom of cell
I want to find out if there is a way to format a cell so I can view the bottom half of the cell because there are more text then the height of the cell. I don't want to increase the height of the cell. Thanks in advance Maybe an indirect way would be to write the text in the cells into their own comment boxes ? Then, hovering the mouse over the cell will display the desired full text in the cell w/o having to increase the row height. You might wish to check out Dave M's page at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm Look for: Sub AddComments() The sub will popula...

Change another persons Out of Office
Is there any way to grant a supervisor or manager the ability to change one of their subordinates Out of Office message? We have a group that would like to be able to do this when one of their workers does not show up for the day. We don't want them logging onto the users computer each time and one of them swears they could do this at their last job. Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance for the help! Richard Only if they have OWA access; -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Richard.M.Henry@g...

Line used to separate text sections in email
I use Outlook 2003 and received an email from someone using same system. The email I received was written in several sections and to separate each section was a black bold line spanning the email, as if underlining the text above. The lines are neat and make the email very clear; you can't click on them to get the little 'handles' though, so they weren't manually drawn / autoshapes. They're all the same length and extend only as far as the text does on either side of the email, and it's difficult to do that manually... If you resize the window, the l...

Cannot change state of a promoted emailmessage
When I promote an emailmessage to an activity, the default setting is that the activity in completed. I cannot change that, but I want to, anyone who knows how to do that? Regard, Martijn ...

Force the use of a certain nic
Hi NG! I got 2 nics connected to my LAN (I'm using Neverfail for Exchange). Is there a way, besides adapter binding, to force Exchange to always use a certain nic when sending a mail? Sometimes in the past my binding order stopped to be of any interest to Exchange, leading to the problem that it prefers to use the second nic, which is planned for maintenance only, no matter what the binding order is. The problem with that nic is that its nat translation to the public ip has no reverse entry and so some mailservers decline a connection. Any ideas? TIA Alex "Alexander Szi...

Change Mode
Changr mode from IMO to corp outlook 2003 Outlook 2003 has no modes. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, john asked: | Changr mode from IMO to corp outlook 2003 Does that mean I cant use it any more as a client for workgroup office mail the old Microsoft mail post office I used to set it up as a service How would I configure it if I used Exchange ...