Cells not sorting right with other worksheets

I have some problems!!!
First I have multiple worksheets in a workbook.
And in one column that has some names. and the columns next to them has data
which is yes/no go/ngo for each person.
If I add a person it will update itself in each worksheet.  But I need to
sort it.
So I sort it and it sorts fine in the worksheet I'm working in.  But with
the other worksheets it sorts it but the data for each person doesn't stay
with the person...
I hope I explained this problem to where someone can understand. PLEASE
HELP!!!
0
boraguru (6)

How do you have the referencews set between each worksheet?

"boraguru" wrote:

> I have some problems!!!
> First I have multiple worksheets in a workbook.
> And in one column that has some names. and the columns next to them has data
> which is yes/no go/ngo for each person.
> If I add a person it will update itself in each worksheet.  But I need to
> sort it.
> So I sort it and it sorts fine in the worksheet I'm working in.  But with
> the other worksheets it sorts it but the data for each person doesn't stay
> with the person...
> I hope I explained this problem to where someone can understand. PLEASE
> HELP!!!
0
BJ (832)

Random Locked cells
I am having a problem with a spreadsheet that has random cells locked. The only way to unlock them is to copy and paste a blank cell that isn't locked into the cell that is locked, but this doesn't always work either Has anyone had this type of problem? Any ideas Thanks Leonar lmack@usccs.co Hi Leonard Maybe I don't understand you correct but if you select a cell or cells and right click on it and choose Format Cells you can change the locked on the Protection Tab -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Leonard Mack" <lmac...

selecting cells #4
When holding down ctrl to select a number of cells to format them or see the sum in the bottom of the screen - and you accidentally select one you dont want - is there a way to unselect that one without starting over ? Thanks, Yosef Take a look at this: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/unselect.htm there's no builtin way to do it, other than starting over... -- Regards, Juan Pablo Gonz´┐Żlez Excel MVP "ynissel" <ynissel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EA0DDD8-4668-430B-BB5E-C15549FC9346@microsoft.com... > When holding down ctrl to select a number ...

format cell type
Hi everyone, in a spreadsheet, I have a complex data type that I want to sort correctly. The format contains a prefix that contains both letters(A) and numbers(0) followed by a suffix after a hyphen and another number. Example: 000A0000-1 and 000A0000-10 The thing Excel is messing up in, is if the complete prefix (000A0000) is the same, but a different number after the hyphen, it sorts it 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, ..., 2, 20, 21, 22, ... 3, etc. I was wondering if anyone knew how to set up a custom format type that will allow a suffix stored as text and the suffix after the hyphen stored as a n...

VLookUp and DropDown List in the same cell
Hi everyone, I know that this is possible but I'm not sure how to accomplish this. In column E, I have a list of zip code. In column I, I have the "Priority" category. Priority will be based on the zip code in column E. This will be accomplished by VLookUp formula, where I will have a separate sheet store all the zip codes and the priorities (ie. Priority #1, Priority #2 and so on). The challenge part is that column I "Priority" column needs to be able to use as a Drop Down List as well, in case that the VLookUp formula needs to be overridden for s...

Why is my Excel spreadsheet's sorting not being remembered?
I have a workbook with multiple spreadsheets. As I change/add data, I resort these sheets. One of my spreadsheets defaults the sorting criteria I used in the previous sort and remembers that I use headers. The other spreadsheet used to do the same, but now does not 'remember/default' any of my previous sort information or the fact that the spreadsheet contains headers. Is there a setting that I can change so that this sorting information is remembered? Thanks much, Lisa ...

Sorting cells #2
When you try to sort certain data by selecting the cells, but leaving adjacent cells unselected, you get a "sort warning" asking if you would like to expand the selection. How do you stop this from happening? Joey If you are selecting cells in one column or row only you will get this message. I have never found a way to prevent it. Hopefully we both can learn something here. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:39:05 -0800, "JoeyJoeJoe" <JoeyJoeJoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When you try to sort certain data by selecting the cells, but lea...

Pivot Table Data Source, point to cell?
Is there any way to point the data source block to a cell. I want to simply update a cell (i.e. A1) with the range instead having to open the pivot table and changing from the wizard. Is there a way to do this? Example: Cell A1 contains: '[Output 3.24.xls]FORMALS-OUT'!$A$5:$P$65536 Data source in pivot table points to cell A1 to get the range. please tell me there's a way to do this.... thanx.! hi, Jeremy ! > Is there any way to point the data source block to a cell. > I want to simply update a cell (i.e. A1) with the range instead having to open the pivot table >...

RUN-TIME ERROR IN SIMPLE SORT MACRO
I have a simple macro that is supposed to call a named range 'Catalogue' and sort it in a specified order. But I always get "Run-time error '1004': This operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized." The macro is: Sub SortNFAuthor() ' ' SortNFAuthor Macro ' Macro recorded 13/9/2004 by Lindsay D. Graham ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+S ' Application.Goto Reference:="Catalogue" Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("K3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Key2:=Range("A3") _ ...

Combining Worksheets
Hello All, I have 2 worksheets with rows (and rows) of customer data in several (8) different columns. One worksheet(A) lists all customers and the other worksheet (B) lists all customers based on certain criteria. Worksheet B is far fewer than A. I can't figure out a way to list on one worksheet all customers that are appearing in workshet A unless they are represented in B. In other words, some A people are not on B, but all B people should be removed from A. Does that make sense? I would REALLY appreciate help or at least a direction (some keywords to search even). I'...

display sums from multiple worksheets on one worksheet
I am working on a budget plan. So I have multiple totals from various months that I would like to display on one "totals" page so i can track each month. for example, I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit on the november worksheet. on the "totals" page I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit for every month of the year. i kept the names consistent from each page hoping that would simplify things. so far it has not. is there a way to display the totals from each month on the "totals" without having to type a similar formula in eac...

How do I display a text message when a cell has a certain value??
Hi, I have a cell where if the cell is empty (A1=0), then I would like the cell to display "Enter your value here." Otherwise, I would like the cell to display the value a person enters. I have tried using an if/then/else statement and, understandably, I get a circular reference error: =IF(A1=0,"Enter your value here",A1) Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks! Why not just enter the text itself? The value entered by the user will displace (replace) it. This should work if the form is a template. -- HTH, RD ===================================================...

Counting Text Cells #2
Hi Guys, How can I determine the most common occurence of a word in a lis formatted as text in Column A. I would like a function that simpl returns the word that occurs the most to appear in cell D1. Also, i there are two words that occur the same number of times in this list, would like both words to be shown (one in D1, one in D2). Any suggestions? Thanks, Be -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi to get the most frequent text entry try the following array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER): =INDEX($B$1:$B$20,MODE(MATCH(IF($B$1:$B$20<>"",$B$1:$B$...

Why doesn't what I enter in the function bar appear in the cell?
I have a workbook that contains several copies of a master template worksheet. On one of these sheets when I enter text, it appears correctly in the function bar, but appears as a string of &s in the cell. This has only just occurred, and as far as I know used to work OK, i.e. it used to appear as text in the cell. What could cause this and what do I need to do to put it right? You wrote that the text appears as apersands (&). Did you really mean octothorpes (#)? If yes, then try formatting that cell as General--or anything but Text. Chris Mitchell wrote: > > I...

How to sort a column in reverse (right-to-left)
Hello, Below you can find an example of my worksheet: DC 00 03 20 FE 06 55 20 BD 09 29 40 CT 08 41 70 GT 09 92 80 In this example, you see the sort as I want it (right-to-left and top-to-bottom). But how can I let Excel do this sort? Now I'm first sorting all the numbers by hand. Can you split the column into 4 seperate columns using data --->text to columns (format all cells as text beforehand so you dont lose leading 0's)? Then Select entire region and sort by Col D then other criteria "retman" <retman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C35BFB65-8...

EXCEL 07 Sort
I have a spreadsheet that comes to me daily with about 60K rows in it. One of the columns has cells with 15 digit numbers in it formatted as text. I need to do a sort by the last two numbers in that cell, and then subtotal the number for each sorted group. For instance, in the group below, I need to sort so the numbers ending in 01 are together and then subtotaled as 2. Then the 12 are sorted together and subtotaled as 1. 234568975612401 123456789101112 674368465782701 I have never seen a number in this column begining with a 0, so not sure why it is text, but I could easily cahnge...

Adding text to a vlookup cell
Can a cell be edited if the contents are the result of a vlookup function and still keep the rseults? I have 2003 on an XP Pro PC. My formula is =IF(A4<>"",VLOOKUP(A4,InvDetail!$A$2:$B$3000,2,FALSE),"") I trying to create an availability list for our customers but need to add comments to the end of some items. I know I can add another column but the customers are used to the comment being after the item description and space on the page is limited. Thanks, Lee Coleman If you're talking about entering comments manually, then you'd need to concatenate th...

Help exporting the resulting of a sort by Group
HI, I would like to export into excel from MS Project 2007 the result of a sort by Group value within my project. I have created a custom field called area for my project and have assigned an 'area' for each task. If I sort by the group 'area' I get the exact results that I would like to export - the sum of values (such as work, % work complete, etc) for each of my areas. HOWEVER I can not seem to export this into excel. I am not able to figure out how to create a filter that will give me the group by area with the sum totals. Can you help please - is there a...

Sorting specific data
X-No-Archive: yes I need help to sort the contents of a cell. Cell A1= 01201 I wish to sort the numbers in A1 into descending numerical order. The result should be =21100 What is the simplest formula that I can use to achieve this? I would like to learn how to do this. Thamks On 10 Jun 2005 03:56:44 -0700, virfir97@yahoo.com wrote: >X-No-Archive: yes > >I need help to sort the contents of a cell. >Cell A1= 01201 > >I wish to sort the numbers in A1 into descending numerical order. The >result should be =21100 > >What is the simplest formula that I can use to ac...

Need help formatting a cell.
Can such a request be done using Excel? I need to enter a time in Cell B18 of 2325 or 11:25pm from that time i need it to calculate that cell B17 is 15 minutes prior to B18 (2310 or 11:10pm) B16 is 20 minutes prior to B18 (2305 or 11:05pm) B15 is 45 minutes prior to B18 (2240 or 10:40pm) B14 is 1 hour prior to B18 (2225 or 10:25pm) B13 is 1 hour 10 minutes prior to B18 (2215 or 10:15pm) and so one...... When i will need to change cell b18 to another time.... I need all my cells to still have the same minutes prior to be calculated and deducted. Sorry if questions is compliacted and conf...

Help!!!! Can't right click. #2
update...holding down shift and F10 does nothing at all (just like righ clicking on any cell). Any other ideas? Thanks -- jersey100 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jersey1000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1648 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27831 Can you right click in other programs? Is this problem exclusive t excel -- eluehman ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eluehmann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.ph...

Worksheet reference
OK it finaly work but i want to know if we can ajust this for the copy sheet sheet1 (1), sheet1 (2)... Thanks Roch ...

How do i select different cells to be use in a formula.
Hi I need to know how to select different cells to be used in a formula, but i don't know what is the separator that i need to use to this, see the example bellow Cells that i need to include on my formula: A1 C5 BH32 Thanks. Hi you didn't mention what formula but here's a starting point: =AVERAGE(A1,C5,BH32) or depending on your regional settings =AVERAGE(A1;C5;BH32) hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Manuel" <Manuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A855A562-725C-4B10-B111-A88F7A767122@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I need to know ho...

Excel Worksheet designs
Hello I want to know if anyone has any suggestions to help me begin to make a worksheet for our vehicle log in our autobody shop We have one made but i have to jusmp all over the place to type the information in it and it just looks all clutered. Help me if you can Hi Kristi, if you still need help with this, I would try checking out http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/ This Excel discussion forum is an excellent source of information where you can search for answer to your question, or register for free and submit your own question. I use this site as a resource often hth kevin "Kr...

Update one Worksheet from Another
Hi, I want to be able to update a worksheet by looking up data from another worksheet. in other words; If Servername in Worksheet A column A equals Servername in Worksheet B Column C then copy serial number from Worksheet B column D to Worksheet A column D. Thanks in advance for any help. OldDog Hi you can use the VLOOKUP function to achieve this. in Worksheet A column D type =VLOOKUP(A1,WorksheetB!$C$1:$D$1000,2,0) this will return the information from column D of Worksheet B where there is an exact match between the data in column A of the current sheet and column C of worksheet B....

How can the right-click shortcut menu in Excel be edited?
When I right-click a cell I get the shortcut menu with cut , copy, paste etc. I would like to be able to edit this menu and add commands that I frequently use. Hhow is this done? Look for the ID numbers on this page http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm This example will add the Paste Special button to the Cell menu after the Paste option. Sub Add_Paste_Special_Button() ' This will add the Paste Special button to the cell menu ' after the Paste option Dim Num As Long Num = Application.CommandBars("Cell"). _ FindControl(ID:=755).Index Application.Co...