Cells not adjusting to new Column

Currently, I have the following formula in Column J of the audit sheet:
=IF((upload!J2-control!J2=0)," ",(upload!J2-control!J2)

If I insert a column in the audit sheet, the formula in Column J is now in
Column K, but the formula stays the same.
=IF((upload!J2-control!J2=0)," ",(upload!J2-control!J2)

I would want the formula to adjust to:
=IF((upload!K2-control!K2=0)," ",(upload!K2-control!K2)

All three sheets (audit, upload, and control) are in the same workbook.
Is there a way to make the formulas adjust automatically when a column is
deleted or inserted?

To clarify, even though the data in upload and control sheet isn't moving,
you want the formula on the audit sheet to change?

Then, something like this (assuming the formula is currently in column J)

=IF(INDIRECT("upload!"&ADDRESS(2,COLUMN(J2)))-INDIRECT("control!"&ADDRESS(2,COLUMN(J2)))=0,"",INDIRECT("upload!"&ADDRESS(2,COLUMN(J2)))-INDIRECT("control!"&ADDRESS(2,COLUMN(J2))))

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"bethe" wrote:

> Currently, I have the following formula in Column J of the audit sheet:
> =IF((upload!J2-control!J2=0)," ",(upload!J2-control!J2)
>
> If I insert a column in the audit sheet, the formula in Column J is now in
> Column K, but the formula stays the same.
> =IF((upload!J2-control!J2=0)," ",(upload!J2-control!J2)
>
> I would want the formula to adjust to:
> =IF((upload!K2-control!K2=0)," ",(upload!K2-control!K2)
>
> All three sheets (audit, upload, and control) are in the same workbook.
> Is there a way to make the formulas adjust automatically when a column is
> deleted or inserted?

Hyperlink via indirect cell reference

"Application has failed to start..." error message with VS2005 on new machine
VC++ MFC Project working absolutely fine on one machine Installed Visual Studio on a new portable and copied the project and all the settings over, done a complete rebuild which worked fine but now get an error message "The application has failed to start becuase the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem" Have tried reinsalling (but I dont think this is relevant as I am working with VStudio) the message pops up a couple of times but then the program runs OK Does anyone know what this means and how to find out what is missin...

Hiding empty rows and columns
Does anyone know the code for hiding all blank rows and columns in a worksheet. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following (adapted from: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows) Public Sub HideBlankRows() Dim R As Long Dim C As Range Dim Rng As Range On Error GoTo EndMacro Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual If Selection.Rows.Count > 1 Then Set Rng = Selection Else Set Rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows End If For R = Rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1 If Application.WorksheetFuncti...

Rename Cell
How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? You can't. The closest you will get is to hide column headings, via Excel Option, and then create your own. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "shoe" <shoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBA970DF-D928-41EE-9565-4639E7D49BCE@microsoft.com... > How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? you cant change the headers or row labels but you can define you data as a list (or table) and the headings can then be used to refer...

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Create static text from cell reference

Transformation of data into columns

Cell Format #4

Getting contents of adjacent cells

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

cell selection gone crazy on Excel 2003

Is there a way to sort a column without invoking a macro?
I am trying to get a feel for some probabilistic properties. For example, I am trying to look at the statistics of the intervals between randomly occurring pulses. I have no problem getting a column of uniformly distributed pulse times, but they are unsorted, Every time I recalculate with cmd-=, I get a new unsorted set of pulse times because of the use of the RAND function. Is there a way of taking this unsorted column and pasting it into another colun that would be sorted without invoking a macro? To simplify and be more specific consider the following. 1. In A1:A100 I have a set...

Average of logic cells
I used a logic test to determine some levels from raw scores. For EG >120 =5, 119-110 = 4, etc. I now want to dtermine an average score of several of the the results from the logic tests but it doesnt seem to work. (AVG does not recognise cells with logic tests) Can anyone help, please? -- ckdkvk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ckdkvk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29245 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489704 hi, ckdkvk ! > I used a logic test to determine so...

Only new email window?
Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other apps running. Please let me know if that is possible. Thank you, Steve Steve F. <sf@flintind.com> wrote: > Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does > not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email > window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other > apps running. Create a shortcut whose target is: "%Pr...

Cell References..
I have a 12 month rolling report with a seperate worksheet within th workbook which refers to the column containing current month's Numbers When I "Cut" Column C (which contains the oldest Month) and "insert column C between N & O it shifts my cells left and all I need to do i input all of the current Month Data into Column N. The formulas al remain intact and everything is peachy. Until I goto the Workshee that refers to the Current Month on the 12 month rolling report. My problem is that when I shift the columns on the "Report" workshee it chages the cell...

Use a VBA Macro inside an Excel Cell