Cell Styles on Ribbon

The context window that should "pop-up/out" when I click on Cell Styles on
the Home tab is "locked" on to my ribbon.  Normal, Bad, Good, etc. is on one
line and Check Cell, Explanatory, Input, etc is on the second row.  I looks
like something that you would do if you wanted to modify a ribbon.

What is your question?

--

HTH

Bob

"Stephen J" <Stephen J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The context window that should "pop-up/out" when I click on Cell Styles on
> the Home tab is "locked" on to my ribbon.  Normal, Bad, Good, etc. is on
> one
> line and Check Cell, Explanatory, Input, etc is on the second row.  I
> looks
> like something that you would do if you wanted to modify a ribbon.

1
Bob

Cell flashing
Does anyone know how to format a cell so it will flash or blink ? It's possible to do so with code but its a bad idea, you'll find such (bad) code by searching Google. There is no built in function like Word in Excel and if you do use such code the results are usually jumpy and erratic, plus the processor is unavailable to do anything else until the code is stopped from running, ie the machine is virtually locked up, Regards, Alan. "Skioregon" <Skioregon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD31EA15-BC24-4074-85DA-D826B871EE55@microsoft.com... > D...

Equations and Text in same Cell
I am using Excel to write a program. I would like to incorporate text within the same cell as the result of an equation but the I cannot control the number of decimal places that the output displays. I've tried using the Number tab in the Format Cell feature but nothing changes. Is there a way to control the number of decimal places when you are combining text with the results of an equation? yes. you could incorperate the round() funciton. post your formula regards FSt1 "Eric" wrote: > I am using Excel to write a program. I would like to incorporate...

How do I add commas after each text in each cell?
I have a list of about 23,000 emails. I need to make an E-mail blast. The only way I know how to do that is by adding a comma at the end of each one. How can I save the hassle of inserting a comma manually into each cell? In an adjacent helper column (column B), put this in B1 and copy down........ =A1&"," Then do Copy > PasteSpecial > Values on that column to get rid of the formulas...... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "ChrishBiz" <ChrishBiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E224FC29-4AFB-49C6-A5E0-F218EC1ED0FF@microsoft.com... > I ...

Cells range into an array, then into msgbox
Hi all, I have a range of cells which are either blank or contain data. I'd like to create a dynamic(?) array and enter the values of those cells. Then, after that, i'd like to output the array into a msgbox. I've started with the below code, but am struggling to get it to work and to do what i'm required. Can anyone help? Cheers, Tony Z. Sub collate() Dim N As Long Arr = Range("F2:H50").Value For N = LBound(Arr) To UBound(Arr) impe = impe + Arr(N) Next N MsgBox impe End Sub Hi Tony Are the values numerics or text Sub co...

Removing a drop down list from a cell
How do I remove a down list from a cell? Click the Clear All button. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4F7D078-0FC2-4140-8035-A2D43FFCAC27@microsoft.com... > How do I remove a down list from a cell? Click on Data--->Validation Under the Settings Tab--> Field Allow = Any Value. That should solve it >-----Original Message----- >How do I remove a down list from a cell? >. > Sorry Bob, I am new to Excel spreadsheets. Where do I find the Clear all but...

Conditional formatting in empty cells
Using Conditional Formating from the Format menu I am setting the Pattern for cells containinig a number greater than 6 to Green. This works fine except empty cells i.e. containing no data, go green. Has any one got any suggestions? Best wishes Nick Are you sure the cell is empty? Or do you put a space character in that cell--or do you have a formula that evaluates to ""? If it's a formula that evaluates to "", you could use a rule like: Formula is: =AND(ISNUMBER(A1),A1>6) Nick Horn wrote: > > Using Conditional Formating from the Format menu I am s...

How do I get excel to add cells by color? Like all green cells (s.
I would like excel to add all cells of one color. Is that possible? Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "chakatania" <chakatania@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90186C31-7BCA-4395-BA4D-98594168C7AF@microsoft.com... > I would like excel to add all cells of one color. Is that possible? ...

Excel 2003 with SP3: border around active cell not moving when using keyboard?
When I use the arrow keys on the keyboard, the border around the active cell does not move to the next cell. Only the horizontal/ vertical scroll bars move. This started happening 2 days ago. Any ideas what options I may have accidentally toggle? Your SCROLL LOCK key is on. Press it again to turn it off. The key is typically labeled "ScrLk" and is above the Insert/Home/PageUp buttons. Most keyboards have an LED indicator lamp that is illuminated when Scroll Lock is on. Also, Excel will display "SCRL" in the lower right corner of the main Excel window when Scroll Lock ...

Formatting and Styles throughout
I have a question for you about formatting and styles. I've used these in many programs and am well-versed using them in Word. I have now to do so in Publisher and am new to the program. The question is: how are styles most easily applied in a large document when things like headers and then body-text are grouped in style but not location. For example, a list of features and their operation. The headers and body-text are mixed throughout. Do I create a separate text file for each feature heading and then a separate file for each text body that is associated? If so, how do I keep them lin...

Formatting time in cells
Is it possible to display only the hour element of a time. i.e. 14.05:32PM displays as 14.00 or something simila -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Format>Cells>Custom. In the Type box, enter -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel hh "Alan T >" <<Alan.T.11f3hj@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Alan.T.11f3hj@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is it possible to display only the hour element of a time. > > i.e. 14.05:32PM displays as 14.00 or something similar > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelFor...

Finding merged cells #2
Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire need of a solution... I seem to have a problem due to cells in a worksheet being merged, how can i identify these cells? Many thanks, Rick Excel version? If you have 2002 or 2003 you can use Edit, Find, Format (and specify merged cells), Find All. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:385u2aF5kslgkU1@individual.net... | Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire | need of a solution... | | I seem to have a problem d...

Updating a Running total from a cell
Hi, I have an inventory list that I want to update the "On-Hand" field, keep the running total, from an update entry into the "this shipment" field for each inventory item. I will not be adding lines, just updating the "this shipment" cell for each product. I want it to look like this: On Hand This Shipment Running Total Product #1 5 3 8 Product #2 10 -5 5 Product #3 20 10 30 ...

Newbie question
Hi, Is there a way to flag selected cell ranges to always stay together when they print? In Word they have a "keep lines together" option -- is there anything comparable in Excel to ensure that selected cells/rows stay together on a page even when new information is added (not only within the selected range but also when additional cell ranges are added)? I need to ensure that the cell ranges aren't split by page breaks. I currently use print preview to see where they are breaking once I add new information and then move the page breaks before printing. Since new...

Put a single quotation mark in front of numbers in selected cells
Dear Expert: I need to convert numbers to text and put a tick (') mark/single quotation mark in front of every one of them. I would like to have a macro solution and the macro should work ONLY on selected cells. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas This does exactly what you asked for... Sub AddApostrophe() Dim C As Range For Each C In Selection C.Replace C.Value, "'" & C.Value Next End Sub However, you do not need to put an apostrophe in front of each number to convert it to text, you can use th...

Change font size based on value of a cell
If the value of A1>0, I need the font size in a merged cell to change from the default 10 to 16. It needs to return to the default size when A1 returns to a value of 0. Can someone help with this? Thanks. Michael Here's a little macro that will do it....... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Range("a1").Value = 0 Then Range("B1:E3").Font.Size = 10 Else Range("B1:E3").Font.Size = 16 End If Range("B1").Select End Sub Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "MichaelRLanier@gmail.com" wrote: > ...

hanging indent in a cell
This may be asking too much of XL, but, using Excel 2007, is there a way to make the text in a cell where wrap is selected appear as a hanging indent? That is with all wrapped lines after the first one in that cell be indented? Excel doesn't make for much of a word processor. Maybe you can force the wraptext using alt-enters and mimic the indent by using extra spaces before the first word of the 2nd - nth lines in the cell??? Jeff@nospam.fake wrote: > This may be asking too much of XL, but, using Excel 2007, is there a way > to make the text in a cell where wrap ...

Formatting cells to display grams
How do I format cells in Excel to display different weights? -- jamie81 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jamie81's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18516 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=376698 Examples...? Mangesh -- mangesh_yadav ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10470 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=...

Split cells #6
Hi, I have the following data "Sep 8 2005 12:00:00:000AM" and need i splitting down so that only the sep 8 2005 is in the cell. Formattin the cell will not work (unless I am doing something wrong). Please help - thank you in advanc -- moglione ----------------------------------------------------------------------- moglione1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2641 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46991 Is your entry a 'text' entry or a numeric entry with special formatting to display MDY HH:...

Cell Formating Problems
This is what I do: I open up a brand new worksheet. I format cell A1 to text. Then I enter the number 1 into it. Then I format the cell to Numeric and the 1 in the cell does not change. it stays as (left justified 1. If I delete the 1 and type a 1 into that cell and hit Enter, it become 1.00 (a number). Whats happening here??? Why doesn't it convert the 1 to a 1.00 when format the cell to numeric? Why do I have to re-enter the number -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com brain It was originally entered as Text. Simply re-formatting doesn't change its underlying ...

keyboard command used to select a range of nonadjacent cells?
does anyone know the keyboard command used to select a range of nonadjacent cells? 1)Use the arrow keys to select the first cell of the range 2)Hold down the [Shift] key while you extend the selection using the up, down, left, right arrow keys. 3)After the range is selected, and while still holding down the [Shift] key, press the [F8] key (they release all keys). You will see the word 'ADD' in the lower right of the status bar. Repeat above steps until done selecting non-contiguous ranges. Does that help? •••••••••• Regards, Ron "Jessizzle123" wrote: > does an...

If Cell Color is yellow set adjacent cell to value
Could someone help me with the VB for this please. I want to search column D and for each cell in column D that i highlighted Yellow I want to set the Value of that cell to Column G i the same row. So if column D15 is highlighted yellow and has a value of 10 I wan cell G15 to be set to 10. This will save me so much time. Thanks for your help. S -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I think you should start by looking at Chip's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm I reckon you'll need to set up a User Defined Function for it. -- Andy. "serhat &...

How do I reference Cell information in my Headers?
I am setting up worksheets for my office that will help us to increase productivity. One of the essential pieces of information needed on each sheet is the project number and name. If I create a chart, how do I get the headers for the chart to reference the project number and name from another sheet? The Chart is located on it's own sheet. If i am not mistaken, you cannot reference it in the header. what yo can do is at the top of your chart reference the project name, number etc. then you can have that line print at the top of each page -- tkapla --------------------------------...

Format cell to display numbers instaed of ###'s
Not sure how to querry this in the KB.... but I want to be able to have a number such as 4 1/8 in a cell that is set at width less than what is required to display it properly. Same with a date/time entry. In cells where I'm entering text, the text will "spill" over if the adjoining cells are empty of data. No so with number's. How do I change it so it will display as 4 1/8 without widening the cell? If I place an apostrophe ' in front of the number, or format the cell as plain text it will work, but I really need to retain the numeric value. Thanks, David... ...

Executing a Macro after a cell changes due to a ''new" calculation
Goodday, I tried to use the worksheet change functions, yet they only seem to act when you actively enter into a certain cell. However i need to call a certain macro when the output in a certain cell changes due to the change in the specific if function. Therefore without user intervention. Is there any way to do this? Kind regards, Ivo Geijsen i.geijsen@chello.nl You have one guess at your other post: Take a look at the worksheet_calculate event. Tornados wrote: > > Goodday, > > I tried to use the worksheet change functions, yet they only seem to act > when you acti...

Changing cell value from another cell
First of all , Hello everyone . My question is this ..Regarding a fantasy Football program i have. I use Vlookup to gather information about a player (from a named range "players" in a1 i input his code (through to k1) cells b1,c1,d1,e1,f1 give me his Position,Name,Team,Value and current score This happens 11 times to form the 11 players We have 2 transfers a year where we swap 3 players and i use the same vlookup in cells m1,n1,o1 to register players out and in q1,r1,s1, 3 players in ..I hope this makes some sense what i want to do is put the 3 players transferred in into...