cell reference problem #2

I am trouble with cell references in a spreadsheet. Some cells will
display the cell reference rather than the value it points to.

For example the cell will display =A1 as text rather than the content
of that cell.

What could cause this????????

thanks in advance david

Hi David,
First check that you have calculation turned on.
  Tools, Options,   Calculation,  automatic calculation

  If that is the problem and it recurs, see my slowresp to see
  how to spot the problem earlier.

The other possibility is that you have Text formatting instead
of  General  or a numeric format.

Other things to try:
   F9  for recalculation,  but if you have automatic and it is not
   working try the shortcut   Ctrl+Alt+F9  which
   Recalculates all cells on all worksheets in all open workbooks.

Does   F2 then Enter work,  there are several ways of correcting
problems having to do with reentering.  A non macro solution after
changing the format from text to a valid format is to change  "="  sign
to "=" sign.

If it still does not work perhaps your formulas have a space or
other character in them.    See the TrimALL macro and the
descriptions near it.
---
HTH,

"David Funnell" <david_funnell@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:aa185ea4.0501231854.1363a539@posting.google.com...
> I am trouble with cell references in a spreadsheet. Some cells will
> display the cell reference rather than the value it points to.
>
> For example the cell will display =A1 as text rather than the content
> of that cell.
>
> What could cause this????????
>
> thanks in advance david

0
dmcritchie (2586)

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

move cell contents

docmd.transfertext problem

Using part of a cell in a chart title

visible cell only

SQL deadlock problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

Please ignore #2

Excel Problem

SOAP Exception

Border problems

matching contents #2

Workbook_Open Help #2
Hello Frank, Here's the code Private Sub Workbook_Open() ' Call Unhide_Sheets ' Sheets("CONTROLPANEL").Select Range("A1").Select Call Splash End Su -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26252 Hi and there's no application.screenupdating=false statement in your unhide procedure? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Fable" <Fable.1d07w...

Outlook Express 5 #2
On loading, error message "MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module DIRECTDB.dll at 017f:7dbf3070.." Appeared to coincide with display config change? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of...

CRM 1.2 12-02-05
I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start the application if I log onto the server usind the server administrator account. If I try to access using a domain users account I just get a page cannot be displayed error, could somebody please help... Have you added the appropriate domain users as crm users using the deployment manager? "Redders" <Redders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D80FF8B4-78F1-4334-ACB5-2F772F0CF3B6@microsoft.com... > I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start >...

How do I copy data in single cell format to a merged cell format
I need to copy a list of data in single cell format into a spreadsheet where those same columns are merged cells (with four cells merged into one). I have several hundred lines of data so some way of copy & paste (other than each cell individually) would be appreciated. Thanks Paul Hi Paul What I would do is copy format of sheet with merge cells to blank sheet then copy single cell data to sheet with merge cells select single cell to paste you lose formatting so after just copy format from blank sheet created earlier I find this easiest way Hope this helps Tina "Paul" w...