Cell reference, dragging across

My question is pretty simple, and if anyone knows the
answer I would appreciate a response.

If my cell reference is =b7/c8, and I want to drag the
reference cell across and change the cell number but keep
the letter constant, is that possible?

Thanks,

Jeff Grossman

Display cells with data validation
Using 2003 - Is there a way of displaying cells that contains data validation restrictions? I've received a spreadsheet from someone with lots of restrictions on it and want to see which cells are affected. Thnks Anita "Anita" <Anita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19A5FB74-EF19-40C3-9632-EA0FB7F9D8B0@microsoft.com... > Using 2003 - Is there a way of displaying cells that contains data > validation > restrictions? I've received a spreadsheet from someone with lots of > restrictions on it and want to see which cells are affected. >...

Fill a spreadsheet automatically after one cell is input
Okay, I know how a normal autofill works. However, how do I do it in this case? Spreadsheet has formulae. User makes a selection and VLookup instantly populates the rest of the table with information. So how do I instantly populate said spreadsheet where it autofills the row once it is selected. An IsBlank() formula works in theory, but then I have to autofill the first 500 rows or so. I want something that just dynamically moves to fill the row as the user gets to it. Is it possible? For what you are stating I think that you are looking at some way or adding the extra data once the us...

Automatically Fill Empty Cells in a Column
Is it possible to automatically fill empty cells in a column with the data in the cell above it? Hi Select the column / range. Then Edit / Go to / Special / Blanks. This will select all of the blank cells in the range. Type = and hit the up arrow and then type Ctrl Enter. To fix these values use Copy then Paste Special / Values. -- Andy. "Deignan" <deignan@ncsievents.com> wrote in message news:D2D1B200-92F6-44C9-A929-E9C66888C671@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to automatically fill empty cells in a column with the data in the cell above it? ...

Customizing Views in OL2003 across a "Personal Folders" folder set
My company has migrated to Outlook 2003 and I would like to make some changes to the new Default Views. I have read the tips at outlook-tips.net and gone through this group in some detail but have not been able to accomplish my goals I have a bunch of folders saved on my local drive under "Personal Folders" which is on the same tree level as the main mailbox. I would like to 1) Disable Grouping 2) Disable the Reading Pane For 1) I tried View->Define Views->... per outlook-tips.net but it did not work across the subfolders in the Personal Folders directory. I also tried dis...

reference to circular reference bug
I just discovered something that looks like a new excel bug: to reproduce behaviour: 1. open a new workbook; 2. activate circular references; 3. enter those formulas: B4 <- formula is =B5 B5 <- formula is =1+SE(B6;0;1) B6 <- formala is =(B5=2) B7 <- formula is =B5 (same as B4!!!) (NB: SE() this is the standard IIF() function in the italian version of excel;) What's wrong: B4 and B7, will display different results even if they contain the same formula. The result displayed depends on the position of the cell conataining the formula: if it is on the left or above B5 the result...

Run a macro when cell value changes
I have a macro that I would like to run, onlly when a particular cel value reaches a pre-defined value. I really do not know how to do this - I have looked on help features but to no avail. any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this>modify to suit>save Now when cell c1 calculates to >32 your macro will fire Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() If Range("c1") > 32 Then call yourmacro ' MsgBox "Hi" End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Emea training >&quo...

Incompatibilities across Viso documents in diffent Languages
Hello all, Has anyone work with documents created in different Language versions from Visio? any problems , known solutions. Mostly I'm able to open a UML document from one Version(spanish) to another (english) yet code generation don't work, it generates empty classes files. What I'm doing now is creating a new english based document and copying by hand, all classes, the only stuff that doesn't quite work is copying UML comments, it copies the comment (for I've seen under Tag Values, the text is there) but the text is not shown. any ideas? Thanks, Lennin BTW ...

custom cells format
I want to format a cell so i can transform 1256453 in 125.56. How can i format a cell so i can view first number as 125.56? Thanks for your help. You have a couple of replies to your other posts. puiuluipui wrote: > > I want to format a cell so i can transform 1256453 in 125.56. How can i > format a cell so i can view first number as 125.56? > Thanks for your help. -- Dave Peterson Go to Format -->Cell -->Number-->Custom There you type 0.00, You get the results as desire Sanjeev Agarwal "puiuluipui" wrote: > I want to format a cell so i can tra...

Formulas In Cell Comments
Greetings, Is it possible to run formulas or vba code inside of a cell comment box? If so, how? -Minitman Not sure about VBA code but something like this might - Sub test() Dim sFml As String Dim cm As Comment sFml = "A1*4+A2" Set cm = Range("A1").Comment If cm Is Nothing Then Set cm = Range("A1").AddComment End If cm.Text sFml Range("A1").Value = 20 Range("A2").Value = 10 Range("C3").Formula = "=foo()" Application.CalculateFull End Sub Func...

changing cell reference via another cell
I have a spreadsheet with a tab (called calc) containing columns of calculations. The next tab (called D) contains a diagram which pulls numbers off of column D of the calc tab. I copy tab D to a new tab (by right clicking on the tab and selecting copy) and I rename the new tab as E. I want the cells in tab E to reference column E in the calc tab. Currently, I do a Find/Replace, changing 'calc'!D to 'calc'!E. Is there a way I can automate this so I don't have to do the Find/Replace. I was hoping I could just type E in a cell on tab E and it would be set ...

Go to a cell automatically
How can I make the active cell the cell after the statement: "End("B1").xlDown.offset(1,0)" to start a paste operation. Thanks in advance. try range("b1").end(xldown).offset(1).paste "Mercury" <pulgaron@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:QWlfb.8794$9a7.7822@bignews6.bellsouth.net... > How can I make the active cell the cell after the statement: > "End("B1").xlDown.offset(1,0)" to start a paste operation. > > > Thanks in advance. > > > Try this Range("d1").Copy Range("b1")....

Copying the column heading into all non-empty cells
Hello! I hope someone might be able to help me with this one. I have a ver simple but big spreadsheet (120 columns and 3000 rows). The first row is a header row and then all the cells in each column ar either blank or they have a Y in them. (The headings all represent hote amenities eg. pool, creche, tennis courts, the 3000 rows are 300 hotels, and the Y indicates if each hotel has that amenity or not.) All I want to do is find a quick way of replacing all the Y's wit their respective column headings/amenities. i.e. in the "Pool" column I want to have Pool written everywhere ...

row reference
i would like to sum a series of numbers in columnB and put in cell C1. which rows to sum depends on hard inputs in cells A1 (13) and A2 (29). in other words, i want to sum the numbers from B13 to B29 in this case. i know i can do this by setting C1 to: =sum(b13:b29), but the rows to sum will be changing frequently. next time A1 and A2 might be 9 and 36, respectively, thus summing cells B9:B36. i do not want to manually change the formula in C1 every time i change A1 and A2. i also do not want to create a macro. any thoughts? thanks, mike allen A couple of ways =SUM(INDEX(B:B,A1):IND...

Replace every non empty cell
Hi, I want to replace every cell with is not empty in a column with th word "DEMO". Can someone help me? Thanks, Serg -- serg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- serge's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=416 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27555 To fill the blank cells in the used range of a column: Select the column Choose Edit>Go to Click the Special button Select Blanks, click OK Type DEMO Press Ctrl+Enter serge wrote: > I want to replace every cell wit...

Reference information from one sheet to a second sheet
Hi I have a spreadsheet titled 2006 on sheet one. This sheet has column a - v with information. I want to have column b and I through s automatically fill in on sheet 2. I was successful in using =(2006!b3) for the first column I wanted to be on sheet 2 and it worked up until row 23 then only filled in with 0 from there on. Any suggestions? This must mean that the corresponding cell in the 2006 sheet is empty Try =IF(ISBLANK(2006!B3),'"",2006!B3) That a pair of double quotes between the commas. If you later have a sheet name with spaces in it, you will need single quote...

How can I make the graph omit blank cells in the data set?
Hi, I've been workin' on the problem below that I've written a few days ago but got no answers. It's easy to select spesific cells to another column for ex: cells belong to type A then I draw the graph but a new problem occured, there are empth cells and mygraph counts them next question: how can I omit the blank cells from my data set while graphing? Thx a lot :) Emre UNAL http://www.geocities.com/dusemre Main Problem: Hi, I have a mixed data set as exampled below, Type Value A 14 B 0.156 C 1.65 A 18 D 4...

Format of a cell
I have a problem when I read the ":" colon as a separator from an excel or text file that uses it as a separator. the example I have is that when the colon separator is followed by a number, say for example : 35, the number appears on the cell as 35:00:00 which is a time format. It seems that Excel takes the separator as a time format for the cell and it does not allow change of the cell's format not even to a simple text format. Even when the formatting of the cell is changed to a general format it generates a decimal number that is a multiplier of 24. If the value i...

Excel Column References
My spread sheets have spontaneously switched from giving column refs as letters to numbers. Instead of A, B, C etc they now show 1,2,3.......... Why has this happened and, more to the point, how can I correct it? Thanks in advance for advice Nic <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, *Uncheck* R1C1 reference style. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Nic Siddle" <NicSiddle@nsiddle.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news...

Highlighting cells if a value is obtained
I have an IF equation and when it fails/brings up a certain value i would like it to highlight the cell as a color, specifically red. Is this possible? If so how? For example. The equation is =IF(G11>130000, "No Bolt Specification For Carbon Steel", "0") In the true instance I need that cell to be highlighted to ensure the operator knows what happened. Thank you for your help Select Format | Conditional Formatting... Formula is =G11>130000 Choose a Format Ok -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "dippy" wrote: > I have an IF equation ...

splitting contents of a cell
i have many (over 8000) cells with names and i want to isolate the last name. the problem is that the format varies. Possible formats 1. A. Sharp 2. Allison Sharp 3. Dr. Allison Sharp 4. Dr and Mr Allison sharp 5. Capt. Allison Sharp, USN, Ret i could give more examples, but i think that you get the idea. i have tried text to columns but because there is not pattern this isn't very efficient. thanks in advance for your help -- aprilshowers Hi, =TRIM(RIGHT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+2)) if this helps please click yes thanks "april" wrote: ...

Cell Format #11
I have a situation I do not understand, maybe someone can give me some direction. I have received an invoice from one of our suppliers via email. They provide a way to translate there invoice into a comma separated value file. When I translate to excel I get a column with 756:00:00 in a cell. If I look at the bar at the top of the screen I have the value" 1/31/1900 12:00 PM " The result I am trying to get is numeric 756 . Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get to the result I want?? Thank you in advance. Greg Bonsour=AE Greg avec ferveur ;o))) vous nous disiez :...

highlighting cells which have dates later than...
I would like to highlight date cells in a different color which occur for example after 1/1/2000. The dates will be all on a colum, some before 1/1/2000 and some after. In addition to just highlighting the cell itself, is there a way to highlight adjacent cells. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Rory Use format>conditional formatting (after selecting the cell(s)), formula is and =A1>DATE(2000,1,1) click the format button the change the format to include adjacent cells refer to the same formula but use absolute references =$A$1>DATE(2000,1,1) where...

remove rows that have any cells values strikethrough to a blank Sheet2
Hi, I am looking for help with a code that is able to cut or delete al rows that has any cell values strikethrough in any column in th currently open worksheet, and paste those rows in the blank Sheet2 fro row 2 downwards. Sheet2 must also have the Header names being copie over to Row 1. The open worksheet has cells strikethrough in all the characters, no just some characters. After the rows have been removed, the open worksheet should not contain blank rows in between. The Header names in row 1 must be i tact. Any suggestions is much appreciated. Thanks in advance ------------------...

Formula
There isa command to allow a formula to refer to a number in a cell to adjust the column that is used in the formula. BUT I CAN"T FIND IT! If I want the formula to be using cell A11, I want to have 11 in a cell and have it refer to whatever to A11. If I have 12 in the cell then I want it to refer to A12 instead. Sorry, I am not explaining the scenario very well. Help. MD -- mdalby ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mdalby's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7055 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

Cell selection
I am having an issue where when I open an worksheet, it is automatically selecting cells and I can't figure out how to turn this off. As soon as I open the worksheet, excel is automatically selecting cells when my mouse hovers over them and I can't do any other function. How do I stop this? Hi Kris, Has that sheet prepared by somebody else, I looks like is protected and allowing you only to that cells "Kris" wrote: > I am having an issue where when I open an worksheet, it is automatically > selecting cells and I can't figure out how to turn ...