Cell Reference #3

In a workbook, is it possible to know all the cells where
a particular cell is referenced in a calculation.
Specifically, if I make a change in one cell, what are all
the cells that will be affected.

#REF #3
Hi, I'm doing a projection spreadsheet. The new months in diff sheets will be added as and when the actual month passes, ie, up to now i have sheets up to Aug. But in the MAIN sheet, I'm supposed to have months for the whole year up to Dec. Since Sep to Dec don't have equivalent sheets yet, the cells show #Ref since my formula is =Oct!A1. I want to tell the cell to get the amount from "Oct" sheet if there's such a sheet and if not, get the amount from "Sep" sheet. I tried this "=if(Oct!A1="#REF", Sep!A1,Oct!A1)" but it doesn'...

Need Syntax for "AND" to Evaluate 2 Cells
I need to evaluate 2 cells while inside an "Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)". I thought AND would work but I cannot get it to work; I receive a syntax error on the AND(Range... line. Can someone please provide me the proper syntax to evaluate the 2 cells? Here's my code... Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then And(Range("I3") <> "", Range("K4") = "") Then Range("K4") = Range("K3") End...

Enter "1", cell show ".01". Why?
Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. If proceded by "=" the number is correct. What caused this and how can I fix it? Try this .. Click Tools > Options > Edit tab Uncheck "Fixed decimal" > OK Things should be back to normal now .. (it's a fixed decimal setting !) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Yonian" <Yonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40499CA4-7FAF-42A6-8B19-A90881735C50@microsoft.com... > Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. > If p...

selecting a cell
I seem unable to select a single cell, or a single row--click on one in the normal manner, and the two below also highlight, then delete or whatever command is given. If I input a number/text, that just goes into the one cell. tapping F8 increases this to two wide and three high automatically selected. Also, very slow to do almost anything. Thanks Pat, Are you by any chance using Excel 2007? If so there is a known bug that causes multiple cell selection and I understand this has been reported to Microsoft. If you take the zoom level up and down this is reported to cl...

excel 97 how can i transform in the same cell 1.256.324 in 125.63
I want to transform in excel 97, a number ( ex: 1.256.324 in 125.63) bu in the same cell. How can i do this? In my country money changed from 10.000 in 1 ; 100.000 , in 10...etc So i want excel to transform for me automatically an old sum of mone in the new one. I want to write 1.256.324, and when i press enter thi number to be transformed in 125.63. Thanx .... And thanx...: -- puiuluipu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- puiuluipui's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2679 View this thread: http://www.excelforum...

How to enter object reference in map
I am trying to implement a map in which the key is a string the value is the reference of an object. But no value is added in the map. In header file of the application. Someclass* m_pointer; CMap <CString , CString , Someclass* , Someclass*> mapObject; In .cpp file of the application. m_pointer = new Someclass; CString key; // geting key from some other code. mapObject.SetAt(key , m_pointer); Result:- Its compiling without error but there is no key and value entered in the map. "Hitz" <hitesh_impossible@yahoo.co.in> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1188285071.66566...

reference number duplication by default
"When I enter a transaction in Great Plains eg a bank transaction, I enter a specific reference number, three times. Once in the document number field and twice in the distribution reference field, once on the debit side of the transaction and once on the credit side. I have spoken to the programmers and they advised me that further to certain programming being done, I will not have to enter this specific reference number three times, when I enter a transaction, be it a bank transaction, invoice in sales and Purchases ledger, pmt of invoices etc. " Is it possible to do that(GP v ...

cell will not center
Hi. I have a user with an Excel worksheet. There are multiple rows and columns and they are all set on center alignment, (center alignment icon on the toolbar as well as Format Cells --> Horizontal Alignment --> Center.) The alphabetical characters align correctly but the numerical don't, as they will only left align. Format Cells --> Number is set to General, so I don't know why it won't change the alignment. Other than the worksheet being corrupted, I don't know what could be wrong with it. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks! Hilary =?Utf-8?B?SG...

vlookup using text to refer to other workbooks
ok i'll try and explain as clearly as possible in column b week commencing dates, eg 05/10/03, 12/10/03 in column c are id's that are drawn from a cell that the user enters. so i need to lookup the id and return the x column in a workbook that is named with the week commencing eg C:\data\20031005.xls is it possible using text and concatenate functions, or vb, to use vlookup to look in the correct workbook dependent on the date in column b. I hope i've explained clearly. I've been working on this for some time, and hopefully the knowledge in this group could provide a solution. ...

Count # of cells b/w cells ...
Hello, I have the following data in a column: 7 0 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 7 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 etc. The number of zero's between the 7's is random. I want a formula tha would count the number of zeros between the 7's. Thanks, Ari Bar -- AriBar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AriBari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38806 Assume A5:A20 is the data, try this: B5 = A5+B4 (copy formula down) Now make a table with 2 column...

Too many different cell formats #6

Setting a reference to a libray in code
Hi I am trying to reset references to Excel and Word from Access 2007 i.e. code developed on 2007 with office 2007 but when dstributed to users the reference is broken because they are on say office 2000. I have read the link provided in previous posts on this subject but it doesnt seem to be of any help to me. What i do is look through the references to see if any are broken (i already know the excel one is though by looking at tools > references) so For each ref in References if ref.isbroken then 'fix the reference end if next I was then going to fix the br...

Column Reference to External Source As a Variable
Can anyone help me convert the column referenced in the formula below into a variable that the user can define? More specifically, I have several columns that I need to read from an external workbook (Short_Billy.xls). Each column to the right of column C represents an additional day out in a 14 day projection from today (whose data is held in column C). In cell I5 of my active workbook (Inventory.xls), I would like the user to be able to enter a value representing the number of days out they would like to see the projection for (0=today=Column C, 1=Tomorrow=Column D, etc.). In cell I6, I...

format cell #4

Changing the border of one cell s/n change the border of adjacent
Changing the border of one cell s/n change the border of adjacent cell ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a7b8ab80-b31f-40cf-8e15-61852a054bd8&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc This is not p...

delete cell that doesn't contain a specific word
I'm trying to delete a cell in excel if the content of the cell doesn't have a specific word. For example if I only wanted cells if it contained the word 'John' in it. Then the cell: I love excel - would be deleted but the cell: I love excel more than John - would not be deleted. I'm sure it's probably a simple solution but I'm not really sure how to do this. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Try this on a spare copy of the sheet Assuming the text cells are all in col A Select the range, then do a Data > Filter > Autofilter In the autofilter dr...

Find and replace with bold in cells

time formats #3
I have an Excel sheet with a long list of times spent on various projects. The times should all be in minutes and seconds. The first time reads 2:29 and I know that is accurate, for 2 min, 29 seconds. In the formula bar, it reads, 2:29:00 AM. Another...the cell displays 0:40 and I know that is right, for 40 seconds. But in the formula bar, I see 12:40:00 AM I want numbers, but apparently I am looking at times. I tried changing the format. When I check the format for 2:29, it comes up Custom and says it is hh:mm, not mm:ss. I tried changing it to mm:ss, but that changes the displa...

Conditional Formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen
Is it possible to do conditional formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen? Thanks, Greg 1. Place the cursor in A1 cell and select the Range 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and paste the below formula =LEFT(A1,1)="-" 4. Click Format Button>Font>Color select your desired font & Background Color pattern and then give ok Change the cell reference of A1 to your desired cell, if required. But keep in mind that when applying the conditional formatting the Active cell should be in the ce...