Cell Number Format

Hi,
when i type for example this any number with more than 15
digits, the first 15 digits appear like i wrote it but the
rest of them are changed by zeros.

EX: i write this 123456789123456789
and the number that is kept is 123456789123456000

Does anyone experienced this and knows how to resolve it.

Thanks,
Ricardo
0
anonymous (74722)

As you can verify in XL Help ("Specifications"), XL is limited to 15
decimal digits of precision for numbers.

If you're entering, say, a credit card number, which doesn't require any
math to be performed on it, you can preformat the cell as Text or prefix
the number with an apostrophe.

In article <183e101c44a1b$76770320$a001280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Ricardo Figueira da Silva" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
 wrote:

> Hi,
> when i type for example this any number with more than 15
> digits, the first 15 digits appear like i wrote it but the
> rest of them are changed by zeros.
>
> EX: i write this 123456789123456789
> and the number that is kept is 123456789123456000
>
> Does anyone experienced this and knows how to resolve it.
>
> Thanks,
> Ricardo
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Format text for "mark my comments with..." #2
Is there a way to format the font & colour of the text I may type into the body of an existing email in Outlook 2003? I have switched the option on so that the comments are flagged with my initials but I wanted them more prevalent by being able to format the colour of the text. At the moment its a manual task. With Word as the editor: Open Word, choose Tools | Options | General tab ... Email Options button ... you can choose the Font in when "Replying or Forwarding messages" -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Greg J" <frog66@flashmail.com> wrote in message news:11246865...

Need VB code to edit cell values
I need some VB to do the following please (My VB is not good enough yet) Starting from the active cell (call it the StartCell) In the cell to the left.. ThreeChars = Value.right(3) (the last three chars) Value = Value - last three characters (assume value is text & at least 3 chars present) In StartCell.. value = ThreeChars (as text, overwrite any contents of StartCell) move active cell one down from StartCell Examples of before/after -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Stephen Ford" <Stephen_Ford_no@spam_uwclub....

Search for a text in a cell and give the outcome later
Dear expert, C30 to C60 contains some data. Say I wan to find piano and use =MATCH("*piano*",C30:C60,0) in cell D31 It gives me the anwer 20 in D31. 20 is the squence of piano. How can I use the function and use return the the whole cell content which is "Play Piano"? I only know where it is. How to locate where and give the whole content in D32 please? Thanks Elton Play games Play golf Play guitar Play piano Play Kite Play Sccoer Play cards Play WII Play music =INDEX(C30:C60,D31) -- Regards! Stefi „Elton Law” ezt írta: &g...

Changing a cell color....
Hi, Can someone help me how can I change a cell color using the"IF" command??? Thank you, Shaul On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:27:56 +0200, Shaul <bagaz@netvision.net.il> wrote= : > Hi, > Can someone help me how can I change a cell color using the"IF" = > command??? Under the Format menu, pick Conditional Formatting. -- = Dave dvt at psu dot edu ...

How can I put a text box in every cell?
Two questions: -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to insert on manually every time? AND - How can I make sure that a text box inserts itself automatically into a new row whenever I add a row? Thanks! One way is to select the row with the text box and copy it to the next row. Copy and paste it several times and then select the rows and paste them as a group. "bmowell" wrote: > Two questions: > > -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to > insert on manually every time? &g...

group of numbers
How can I make a bunch of numbers being recognized as a group? I've got the following numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I want them to be considered as a group. How can I achieve it? Thank you for your attention --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can name the range of cells that contain the numbers. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html If that's not what you're trying to do, perhaps you could give a bit more detail. PeaceMaker < wrote: > How can I make a bunch of numbers being recognized as a group? > > I&...

Maximum number of process....Windows
Hi, Is there any limit of number of process or thread that can run at a time in Win9X and win2k/XP OS. Plz reply. regds vinay Well, on the toy systems (Win9x), the process limit is fairly small, probably reasonably on the order of a few hundred, but I've never measured it. The limit is based on the available real memory, the available paging space, the amount of GDI space, the number of windows, etc. (the USER and GDI space is shared system-wide under MS-DOS), and, or course, the sizes of the processes. On real operating systems, you will probably run out of patience before you r...

how do i ignore a number when using MODE function?
Hi I have a list of numbers that I want to find the MODE in: 0 0 1 2 0 0 3 3 2 2 2 0 0 But I want to be able to ignore the Zeros How do i go about doing this so the mode function gives me the #2 only Thank you -- Dev4me ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dev4me's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29709 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498091 =MODE(IF(A1:A20<>0,A1:A20)) which is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the...

how can I split one cell's data into two cells?
I am using Excel as a database, and have a column with cells with a person's name (text) in it...e.g., John Smith. NOW, after the fact, I wish to have a column with just John in it, and another column with just Smith...but I have NO idea how to do this! Help would be appreciated. Thank you. Please refrain from multiposting, you have answers in one of the 4! newsgroups you posted the same question in. Multiposting is frowned upon and even the MS web interface states so -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It ...

How do you convert a formula cell to a constant cell
I use a formula to calculate the value, such as time difference, and want to save the value not the formula. The value (constant) will be used later to adjust both time cells used as arguments in the original formula--thus the need to preserve the value computed rather than the formula. After calculation, copy the cell with the formula then Edit - Paste Special - Values on the same cell. HTH "JQLogan" wrote: > I use a formula to calculate the value, such as time difference, and want to > save the value not the formula. The value (constant) will be used later to > ...

Using TEXT and &TEXT
I'm familiar with the TEXT function, but sometimes a number will display incorrectly when I format numbers to display with a comma if 4 digits or more. For example, TEXT(F1,"0,0") will display 10 thru 999 correctly and displays 1000 correctly as 1,000, but displays 1 thru 9 as 01, 02, etc. Also wondering how to format part of a TEXT formula to underline, and bold or color selected words. Maybe you want: =text(f1,"#,###") or =text(f1,"#,##0") If this doesn't help, maybe you could post the values and what you want to see for a few exa...

maximum number of server connections on IMAP server
Hi, Does Outlook 2002/2003 has such setting on its mail account configuration? I found this setting on Mozilla Thunderbird and can't locate it on Outlook. We need to configure this setting in order to get our email clients working properly. Thanks I'm not 100% sure here, but I do believe that you would set this limit on the server side. Have never seen this option in Outlook, but then I might have missed it. OM wrote: > Hi, > > Does Outlook 2002/2003 has such setting on its mail account > configuration? I found this setting on Mozilla Thunderbird and can't &...

Why is line number and position = 0 when validating against a xsd schema?
Why is line number and position = 0 in the code below? Valiation errors are found but not their position. cheers, mortb public static void Main() { XmlDocument xml = new XmlDocument(); xml.Schemas.Add(null, @"Schema.xsd"); xml.Load(@"Document.xml"); StringBuilder validationErrors = new StringBuilder(); xml.Validate(delegate(object errorSender, System.Xml.Schema.ValidationEventArgs eventArgs) { validationErrors.AppendFormat("{0} Line {1}, Pos {2}", eventArgs.Exception.Message, eventArgs.Exception.Line...

Format within a Function
I am using the "IF" function, and want to have a different format for the different values. For example, if the [logical test] is true, I want to say "Window," but if the [logical test] is false, I want to also say "Window" but with a strikethrough through it or some different format (ie, bold, underline, etc...). Is this possible? Functions can return VALUES they cannot change formats Have a look at Conditional Formats in Help and come back if you need help with that topic best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx....

columns are numbered????
My columns are numbered not lettered, Whats up with that? The rows are numbered as well. Dan, Tools/Options/General Uncheck R1C1 Reference style John "Dan Lindell" <dlind@xtreme.net> wrote in message news:402C4A58.4000708@xtreme.net... > My columns are numbered not lettered, Whats up with that? > The rows are numbered as well. > ...

Problem with empty cells when creating chart using vba
Hello, I am facing difficulties to create a chart from a sheet containing empty cells (I use Excel 2003 SP2). My sheet looks similar to this: A B C 1 0.1 2 0.2 25 34 3 0.3 23 27 4 0.4 24 6 5 0.5 25 16 6 0.6 27 21 7 0.7 Column A contains data (some depth in my case). Each cell in column A contains data. Column B and C contain some measurements made at the depth indicated in column A. I need to combine two graphics on one chart: the content of B in function of A and the content of C in function of A. The ...

Paste in a right cell
How do I set that I ONLY can paste a col A info from sheet1 into sheet2 at cells C3 and S3? I'd like to have an error (pop up) if I paste in wrong cell. ONLY allow to paste in cell C3 and S3. Thanks What version of Excel? In 2002 and 2003 you could lock all cells except C3 and S3. Then Protect the sheet with "Select locked cells" unchecked so only the unlocked C3 and S3 can be selected. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:01:35 -0700, bioyyy <bioyyy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I set that I ONLY can paste a col A info from sheet1 into sheet...

how to sum cells and ignore the #div/0! 's ?
I an working with the following formula: =SUM(C8:E8)/COUNTIF(C8:E8,">0") if I initially have no data entered i get the #div/0! 's is there a fix for this? =IF(COUNTIF(C8:E8,">0")=0,"",SUM(C8:E8)/COUNTIF(C8:E8,">0")) -- David Biddulph "Bryan" <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62E28129-5C01-44B7-84EC-2851E94569B1@microsoft.com... > I an working with the following formula: =SUM(C8:E8)/COUNTIF(C8:E8,">0") > if I > initially have no data entered i get the #div/0! 's ...

Cell formatting or formulas
How do I make 1.50 appear as 1.30 in a given cell? I have a cell with times such as 1.00 minute, 1.50 minutes, 2.50 minutes, 3.00 minutes, etc. I want all the x .50 digits to appear as x.30 digits (30 seconds to a half minute) Divide by 1440 and format as mm:ss -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E77414D-FED2-4BB7-BA36-E226D3AE4D05@microsoft.com... > How do I make 1.50 appear as 1.30 in a given cell? I have a c...

Counter to get total number of lines in a Modified Report
Dear All, Unlike other modified report, the cheque printout do not have field that have Line Item Sequence number, so I unable to find out the total number of lines in a cheque printing. FYI, the cheque printing (3 Per Page/No Stub) output to printer and also output to a text file (Comma delimited) and this text file must have a field (counter) that indicate the total of number of lines printed. Or at least, can you please advise me on which fields that indicate total numbers of cheque printed? with this field contain I can compute the total lines printed. May be I can use ...

article number???????
Hello, I like to connect numbers and a description! For example: --------------A B 1 1234 Watch 2 1235 Jeans If I put in a number I like to get the description automatic Maybe I put the number 1234 in A1 at a other sheet then I like to get the description Watch at b1. In Germany it is called �sverweis� but I don�t know the English function! Please Help me!!!! Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Dominik, In English, I think you want VLOOKUP. ...

copy graphs values in a cell
I am looking for a way to click on a specific data point of a graph and have the data related to that, copied in one or more cells..like click on point x1,y1 belonging to Graph1, and have the values of x1 and y1 copied in cells A1 and A2 in Sheet1 I guess I need a macro... You think it might be possible? ps sorry for my poor english Hi, Yes you will need VBA code. Have a look at Jon Peltier's article on chart events. http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 Cheers Andy bluepill wrote: > I am looking for a way to click on a specific data point of a graph and have &g...

Problem with drop down list and contents of second cell
Thanks in advance..I am trying to design a Invoice type document in Excell. I have created a drop down list containg the names of various products. When I select a product from this list I would like it also to make reference to the price per unit of this product and I would like this refernece to be in the adjacent right hand cell from where this product is listed. E.G. In column "A" I have listed all my different products. In column "B" I have listed their respective prices. In column "C1"; I have formatted the cell to contain a drop down list of all my...

How can zero be displayed in Excel as the first number
Kevin Wrote: > Hi Kevin Either format the cell as Text or enter '0???, beware the numbers cannot then be used in calculations -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400192 ...

convert numbers to dates #2
thanks to you all now sorted -- jimbo693 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jimbo693's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14215 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=263696 ...