CELL/NUMBER FORMAT #2

EXCEL.     When entering a whole number into a cell EXCEl is dividing
that number by 10 immediatly after entry. If I place a decimal point
after the number this does not happen. If I enter a number less than 1
the number is entered normally. It appears that EXCEL needs a decimal
point to enter the number correctly. I have used EXCEL for many years
(current version from 2004) and this has never hapenned. Any Ideas out
there guys?

Sounds like Fixed Decimal is set.

Go to Tools>Options>Edit, and if the Fixed Decimal box is checked, uncheck
it.

--

HTH

RP

"BIBBYBIBBER" <ALANFREDERICKA@AOL.COM> wrote in message
> EXCEL.     When entering a whole number into a cell EXCEl is dividing
> that number by 10 immediatly after entry. If I place a decimal point
> after the number this does not happen. If I enter a number less than 1
> the number is entered normally. It appears that EXCEL needs a decimal
> point to enter the number correctly. I have used EXCEL for many years
> (current version from 2004) and this has never hapenned. Any Ideas out
> there guys?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
11/18/2005 7:47:10 PM
THANKS SO MUCH!!

You are right on !

THANKS SO MUCH!!

You are right on !

THANKS SO MUCH!!

You are right on !

THANKS SO MUCH!!

You are right on !

Linking files 2 ways

More Columns #2

conditional formatting sort

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

Contacts in Exchange #2

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Goal Seek #2

default values in a cell

random number generator
Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a random order for those? Use the RAND() function. If 1-10 are in A1:A10, enter =RAND() in cell B1 and copy it down through B10. Recalc (F9), then sort by column B. Hope this helps, Hutch "pat67" wrote: > Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a > draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a > random order for those? > . > You would have to generate 10 random numbers ...

number format with leading 0

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...

COUNTIF MULTIPLE CRITERIA #2
To count if Col A=aa and Col B=bb and Col C=cc. Must meet all situation. Thanks will A Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="aa"),--(B1:B10="bb"),--(C1:C10="cc")) Adjust range references to suit your situation Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "will A" wrote: > To count if Col A=aa and Col B=bb and Col C=cc. Must meet all situation. > Thanks > will A =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="aa"),--(B1:B1000="bb"),--(C1:c1000="cc")) SUMPRODUCT does not work on a complete column, just a defined range, and all ranges must b...

Is there a way to cut off unused cells on a sheet
It seems there are an infinite number of cells on a sheet. As I really dont have much info to enter on each sheet I was hoping there was a way I could somehow cut off all the extra stuff to the sides and bottoms. It is a hassle because everytime I scroll, it will scroll off the side or bottom way past what I was looking for. Thanks! A manual way is to goto the last used row and delete all rows below. Do the same with columns. SAVE -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "newbie" <newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:469AABE7-8D17-4B72-91C1-...

Automatically copy input from one cell to another
After I enter a value in one cell, how can I have it automatically enter it into another cell, within the same worksheet, or into a different worksheet. Thanks, Tom picktr@wowway.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you enter the value in A1 of sheet1, put this in the other cell in sheet1: =A1 or in another worksheet: =Sheet1!A1 In article <picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>, picktr <<picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > After I enter a value in one cell, how can > I have it automatically enter it into another cell...

Calculations adding Text formats
I am new at this so please bear with me. I am using Excel XP. In my column I have a list of numbers. Some are formatted as text and some are formatted at numeric. When I insert by formula it seems to be calculating the entire column, even the text formatted cells. What am I doing wrong. Example Cell A1 = 5 - numeric Cell A2 = 5 - text format Cell A3 = 5 - text format Cell A4 = 5 - numeric format formula states =sum(a1:a4) the total should be 10 not 20. Correct? You're not doing anything wrong, per se. Changing formats cannot change numbers into text values or text values into...

2 different Qty in order details in northwind
Hi, im pretty new with access 2007, i decide to use northwind template. In order detail both form, i have 2 different Qty, the original Qty is the Qty that will link to Inventory and I add another field Qty1 for invoice purpose. For example, I got 1 roll of tape, 1 roll will be cut into 10 pcs. We need to bill according to customer request qty 10, but actual qty sold is only 1. Anyone come across this issue. How to modify it w/o effect the function? table/form as below:- ID ORDER ID PRODUCT ID QUANTITY (FOR INVENTORY) QTY1 (FOR INVOICE) UNIT PRICE AND SO ON Is there a...