Cell Formula reference to cell Based On third Cell Content #2

I want to build a formula in one cell that calls a second based on the
numeric value in a third.

Specifically, Say the frst cell is F10. I want it to look up the number in
F1, and then
if F1=1, F10=E9*something
if F1=2, F10=D9*something
if F1=3, F10=C9* something
etc.

0
Gabriel (26)

Hi!

I notice that you use "etc" which means there are more.
Exactly how many more? That number will determine the best
way to approach this.

Biff

0
biffinpitt (3172)

Problems with creating a newsletter

Meeting updates #2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

In HQ make works sheets formulas go cross tables..
It would be great to have more functionality in the HQ worksheet formula's if you add a supplier and they have a lot of items, but the costs are the same, a lot of time could be saved if you could copy the cost from the standard cost. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

printing 2 charts on single page

Formula for taking text out of column B and placing it into column
I am using Excel 2007- I have hundreds of products (2 listed below: TU10 & TU12) The products have a 'VariantInventoryItemNumber' such as the 2 items below. I need to take all of the text before the ' - ' sign and place that in column A as illustrated below. ItemNumber VariantInventoryItemNumber TU10 TU10-10 TU10 TU10-10.5 TU10 TU10-11 TU10 TU10-11.5 TU10 TU10-12 TU10 TU10-12.5 TU10 TU10-13 TU10 TU10-6 TU10 TU10-6.5 TU10 TU10-7 TU10 TU10-7.5 TU10 TU10-8 TU10 TU10-8.5 TU10 TU10-9 TU10 TU10-9.5 TU12 TU12-10 TU12 TU12-10.5 TU12 TU12-11 TU12 TU...

Offline folder problems #2

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

My formula doesn't update totals when I change numbers.
To be specific: If I input 5 in cell A1, and input 6 in cell A2, and input =a1+a2 in cellA3, the total is 11 for cell A3. After I do that, let's say I change my input in cell A1 from 5 to 4. The total in cell A3 should be 10. However, it stays at 11. I only have this problem on my home computer, but not on my work computer. This is driving me crazy, as it makes me lose trust in Excel's ability to automatically update totals. It is likely that the calculation mode is set to manual, not automatic. Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the Calculation tab. There, ensure ...

Single click selects multiple cells

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

Extending formulas
Subject: Extending formulas Hi, For my application that uses Excel for calculations. I need to be able to extend the forula base of Excell with complex scientifc functions. Is there a way to add new functions to the Excel function base? Thanks Spx. MS has provided Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to customize Excel with new functions, commands, forms, menus, etc. Tools|Macro|Visual Basic Editor From the VBA editor Insert Module Then write your functions in VBA. Details of writting functions in VBA is a very big topic, http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut01.htm may help y...