Cell formatting - "" shows as 1/0/1900

I am using a formula to copy cells from one sheet to another.

Everything is ok except the date column.

The when that cell is "" or -0- it shows 1/0/1900
How can I change this to "-" or blank?

Many thanks

0
scooksey (13)

One way:

    =IF(Sheet1!A1>0,Sheet1!A1,"")

In article <1105828404.988014.300140@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
 "seve" <scooksey@charter.net> wrote:

> I am using a formula to copy cells from one sheet to another.
>
> Everything is ok except the date column.
>
> The when that cell is "" or -0- it shows 1/0/1900
> How can I change this to "-" or blank?
>
> Many thanks
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
1/15/2005 11:22:13 PM
Just what I needed....thank you!

0
scooksey (13)

RMS 2.0 Integration Approach
Hi everyone, I have Commerce Server 2009 in place and would like to integrate it with RMS2.0. What are some ways in general that an external system can integrate with RMS2.0? Regards. ...

CRM 4.0 Report Deployment
Hi When I deploy a custom report (through Web UI) and run it, no data is displayed. The report header, footer, etc, display, but there is no data. To simplify the problem I created a very simple report with no parameters, which selects all from filteredsystemuser, and the problem was the same. This is in a test VPC, the whole environment is contained in the VPC. I am developing/publishing/viewing as the CRM administrator. The steps I took were: - Created a new report in Business Intelligence Development Studio using Wizard (installed in VPC) - Created a new DataSet called dsTest with a new D...

ARM compiler in Microsoft Platform Builder 5.0
Hello, I have a Freescale iMX31 (ARM11 Family). I know that ARM11 Famility corrisponds to core ARMv6 but on Microsoft Documentation I read that the ARM compiler support 4 and 5 (ARMv4 and ARMv5). Followint the link : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms925478.aspx So I'm using a ARM11 processor with instruction set of ARM9 (ARMv4 - ARMv5). In this manner, there isn't and optiomization on compiled code. Some comments ? Thanks, Paolo On Nov 20, 2:18=A0pm, paolo patierno <paolopatie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > I have a Freescale...

Activity report
I'm trying to write a report showing completed activities for users and another for accounts (clients). Boy, is it ugly! In version 1.2, with Crystal Reports, the HTML emails looked just fine -- it would format the HTML with no problem. How do I get the same result with SSRS? (version 2000) Thanks, Karla you mean you are trying to report on the contents of an email activity? If so this cannot be done without some custom solution, its also logged as a bug. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP Web - http://www.crowecrm.com Blog - http://www.crowe...

How to see calculation and heading in same cell.
I would like the cell to perform a calculation and then display the answer as will as a heading. In other words the answer and the heading will appear in the same cell. Perhaps you mean something like ="Heading Name: "&A1+B1 ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Jeracho" <Jeracho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F34BACB9-E2DA-448A-924D-46A475F98F91@microsoft.com... > I would like the cell to perform a calculation and then display the answer as > will as a heading. In other words the answer and the heading will appear in...

show header
this is such an obvious one but I can't find it -- how do you get the headers to show while you're viewing the page on the screen? Print preview works fine, but I need to have the headers show up when looking at it as a spreadsheet. Looked for "Print View" equivalent, but can't find it. You can't display the header or footer unless you use print preview. Excel doesn't have a Print View mode like Word does. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "jchoy" <anonymous@discussions.micro...

my case it online , it Show offline
When I open Messenger and put my case it online , it Show offline to my friends .. not online .. What to do! -- free9 http://webim.live.my/ What I did was sign in on that website as well as the regular windows live (if you have the newest windows live you can sign on in two places). So everyone could see me as online again, and I could use windows live as I normally do with the web messenger running in the background. I hope we get a solution soon. free9 wrote: my case it online , it Show offline 22-Mar-10 When I open Messenger and put my case it online , i...

Product list in CRM v.1.2
Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can i attach an excle sheet that contains my products instead of loging each product one by one as i have over 25,000 products to log? -- Regards, Marwa I'm afraid not. This is a major pain point for a lot of people and I do not kno of any 3rd party add-ons that have addressed it either. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "marwa" <marwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C062CF1E-EEF8-43B4-AC31-F299BF707252@microsoft.com... Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can ...

GP 9.0 Password Issues
After you upgrade to 9.0, the first time a user logs in, the user is forced to change his password. GP encrypts the password (it encrypts all user passwords other than sa). After this stupid encryption, none of the other programs such as SQL Query Analyzer, Crystal Reports, Access etc can recognize this password. Unlike in 8.0, an user who was able to login to Crystal before can't login now with GP credentials. Has anyone experienced this ? What is the resolution to this if any. Thanks Girish It should have encrypted it in 8.0 as well. AFAIK, it's done that the entire time ...

Want COM Server
Hi all from Spain, I usually create a coClass that is instantiated many times, every time you call "coCreateInstance" the aplication class and the coClass constructors are called, so a new object is being created. I wander if it's posible to create a "singleton" COM Object, so that the object is not created every time y call for the interface...the reason is that I need an object that maintain in memory some data only 1 time (because the amount of memory needed). do you know if that could be done? regards, Alberto. IrvingWashington wrote: > Hi all from Spain,...

When will CRM 2.0 be released?
I was wondering if anyone has a firm(ish) idea when version 2 will be released. I've heard 2005, but that is a little vague. My company has identified a few gaps that should be resolved with the 2005 expected enhancements. If the release is put off until this time next year, we will go ahead and correct now. However, we would like to hold off wasting time\money is Microsoft will deliver within the 1st two quarters of 2005. Thoughts? The latest word is that CRM 2005 should be release sometime in calendar Q2 of 2005. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------...

Fax Server SBS2003 and CRM PRO 3.0
Hi I have 2 server 2003, one is a SBS2003 Standard with exchange and Fax service of Microsoft and one is Windows Server 2003 Standard with SQL 2005 and CRM 3.0. I have this problem ..... how i can send the Fax from the SBS2003 in the CRM 3.0? there is a router for the fax at the same of router for enchange? Thanks ...

one page in booklet format
How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? duff wrote: > How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then > pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? File > Print > Pages 1 to 1 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. Flip pages. File > Print > Pages 2 to 2 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Coping part of a cell content into a seperate cell
Hi I have two cells, one containing first and middle name and another one with surname. I want to combine the first name and surname into a separate cell, can you advise how I can just copy the first name and miss out the middle name please?? Thanks Caz Hi, I assume that the midle name is separated by a space from the first name and is in column A and the last name in column B =TRIM(LEFT(A2,FIND(" ",a2)-1))&" "&B2 "Caz H" wrote: > Hi > I have two cells, one containing first and middle name and another one with &g...

VC 7.1: Preview DC
With Visual C++ MFC 7.1 when doing a print preview the Attribute HDC and the Output HDC of the CDC differ. Whenever a pen, brush or font is selected into this CDC via SelectObject an assert is triggered as the two HDC's do not match. This was never a problem using Visual C++ MFC 6.0. Is there any way to get around this or am I missing something blindlingly obvious ? Thanks, Brett Hi Brett, For the conveniece to investigate this issue, would you please give us some code snippet to illustrate this problem? Thanks for your understanding! Best regards, Gary Chang Microsoft Online...

Adding a formula to the same cell (H5) on every tab
I have an inventory spreadsheet with 125 tabs. The tabs are numbered 1 through 125. The are identical except for the data below the column headings. If I wanted to put a formula in H5 on every tab, can it be done other than manually opening every tab and typing it? One additional question: If I add a Summary Tab, how could I show the value of a specific cell on each tab without manually entering it? I show the formula I'm using bring B3 to the summary for every tab: A B 1 Unit Value 2 1 ='1'!B3 3 2 ='2'!B3 4 3 ='3'!B3 5 4 ='4'!B3 6 5 ='5'!B3 7...

Missing lines in chart w/x-axis with months 1-24...
First post from a "casual" Excel user (more familiar with SigmaPlot)... Client wants a line chart with x-axis linear (baeline to 36 months) but there are only data for 2 baseline conditions and certain months: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 M24 M36 The Y axis (# of pellets) is nothing special. I entered blank rows, corresponding to the missing months, into the datasheet, like so: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 (etc.) This "method" plots the data points okay, but there are 2 problems: (a) there are no lines connecting them, and (b) the x-axis labels are lousy I work...

sumproduct--counting--zero--blank cells
I'm using these formula to count, =SUMPRODUCT(($W$9:$W$272>=0)*($W$9:$W$272<10)) =SUMPRODUCT(($W$9:$W$272>=10)*($W$9:$W$272<20)) ........etc how do i get it so bank cells are excluded from the count. The way it is now, they are counted in the 0 to 10 range... Thanks Jeremy -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com COUNTBLANK(range) "jeremy via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > I'm using these formula to count, > > =SUMPRODUCT(($W$9:$W$272>=0)*($W$9:$W$272<10)) > =SUMPRODUCT(($W$9:$W$272>=10)*($W$9:$W$272<20)) > ........etc > how do...

References omit formatting and return cell address
In two cases of references between worksheets, the formatting from the original cell does not appear in the cell that it is referenced to. Case 1: Worksheet 1, A1 contains a currency formatted number - $2,000 Worksheet 2, A1 references the Workhseet 1, A1 cell using the = sign, yet it returns 2000 (unless I manually reformat the Workksheet 2 cell to Currency Case 2: Worksheet 3, A1 contains an apartment # - e.g. 4 Worksheet 4, A1 references this cell but returns the cell address - Worksheet2,!A1' - rather than the number 4. I tried different formats for the number 4,...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Hi only possible with VBA using an event procedure. e.g. put the following code in your workbook module for cell A1 Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In Me.Worksheets With wkSht.PageSetup .CenterFooter = wksht.range("A1").value End With Next wkSht End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Ger...

Conditional Formatting based on deadlines #2
Excellent! Thanks! My brain gets confused between what you can use i formulas and what can be used in VBA. Alex Delamain Wrote: > Under conditional formatting set condition 1 > Formula is =+$E2<=NOW()+7 > > Then apply your forma -- madblok ----------------------------------------------------------------------- madbloke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1442 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27448 NOW() has a date and time component TODAY() has only a date component Ok, incorpo...

CRM 1-2 -> 3.0 Input string was not in a correct format. (upgrade
I've the same error during the upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0. I've tried without any opportunity to make sure not to have est. revenue data but the error is still there during upgrade. It happens during the ImportDefaultDataAction step near the end of the upgarde process. Otherwise 1.2 wasn't giving the error. Any idea? thanks in advance Refering to http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?query=input+string&dg=microsoft.public.crm&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=8d3f188d-a0E9-40e4-86e2-46508a35c759&...

Money 4.0 file transfer to Money Essentials
I am getting an error message when I try to import my Money 4.0 backup file to Money Essentials program on my new PC. Are the 2 version incompatible? =?Utf-8?B?Y21nZnVzYQ==?= <cmg_fusa@yahoo.com> wrote in news:E3AD8366-ED94-4625-A534-C0CCA8F3DBA8@microsoft.com: > I am getting an error message when I try to import my Money 4.0 > backup file to Money Essentials program on my new PC. Are the 2 > version incompatible? Yes. Money Essentials is incompatible with everything. Take it back and get Money Plus. -- Steve B. New Life Home Improvement In microsoft.public.money, cm...

How do I chart the same data cell on a range of worksheets?
I have the same row of cells on numerous worksheets that I want to chart or consolidate onto another worksheet ? Keith - You need to create a consolidated data range: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Keith wrote: > I have the same row of cells on numerous worksheets that I want to chart or > consolidate onto another worksheet ? ...

How to keep the application even when show desktop is selected
Hi, I am developing an application which is a sort of reminder of your daily tasks. I want this application to remain on the top right corner of desktop even when "show desktop" is selected. However it gets minimised.........Any helps appreciated. Perhaps you want to consider "Active Channel Technology" and making your display part of the "Active Desktop"? In article <D580FA88-9C89-4D3F-AB9A-8374A9DE266B@microsoft.com>, Katiyar@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hi, > I am developing an application which is a sort of reminder of your dail...