cell formatting #7

I have sheet that is not letting me format a number unless I doubl
click on the cell.

Say the cell value is 5.00000 I cannot reduce the number of decimals.

There is over 12k rows of data so I don't particularly want to g
through each cell.

Thanks in advanc

Try - tools / options / edit / fixed decimal.

unless I double
>click on the cell.
>
>Say the cell value is 5.00000 I cannot reduce the number
of decimals.

>There is over 12k rows of data so I don't particularly
want to go

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
11/13/2003 11:10:49 PM
Perhaps the cells are actually formatted as Text?

Copy a blank cell.  Select your cells.  Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc.

Gord Dibben   XL2002

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:50:22 -0600, brianwa
<brianwa.wuu1m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>I have sheet that is not letting me format a number unless I double
>click on the cell.
>
>Say the cell value is 5.00000 I cannot reduce the number of decimals.
>
>There is over 12k rows of data so I don't particularly want to go
>through each cell.
>
>Thanks in advance

>~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
>~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
Gord

Hyperlink via indirect cell reference

Rename Cell
How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? You can't. The closest you will get is to hide column headings, via Excel Option, and then create your own. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "shoe" <shoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBA970DF-D928-41EE-9565-4639E7D49BCE@microsoft.com... > How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? you cant change the headers or row labels but you can define you data as a list (or table) and the headings can then be used to refer...

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Create static text from cell reference

Cell Format #4

Getting contents of adjacent cells

clip ART #7
i AM HAVING TROUBLE DOWNLOADING CLIP ART FROM OFF LINE WHEN i DOWN LOAD IT AND TRY TO OPEN IN IT'S ALL FILE NAMES AND NO PICTURES JUST WORDS HELP When you download from the ClipArt site the file is either .cil or .mpf depending on your version. Double-click the package and the images will automatically go into your Organizer/Gallery. You may have lost the association too, right-click the file, properties, opens with... change, point to your Organizer/Gallery. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "Janet Price" ...

Formatting #13
Hi How can i have codes in this form 00.00.0000.00, & i wanted to sum to the values below like next code, 00.00.0000(+1).00 I'm tired to format but always sum in the last 2 digits 00.00.0000.00(+1), what can i do Someone can help me Thanks How did you put 00.00.0000.00 in the cell? Did you type 0 and then give it a custom format? If yes, try changing your custom format to: 00\.00\.\0000.00 Then add 1, but make sure that the resulting cell also has this custom format. This is really a funny formatted number with 2 decimal places now. Carla wrote: > > Hi, > How can i ...

conditional formatting in excel #3

cell selection gone crazy on Excel 2003

Average of logic cells
I used a logic test to determine some levels from raw scores. For EG >120 =5, 119-110 = 4, etc. I now want to dtermine an average score of several of the the results from the logic tests but it doesnt seem to work. (AVG does not recognise cells with logic tests) Can anyone help, please? -- ckdkvk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ckdkvk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29245 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489704 hi, ckdkvk ! > I used a logic test to determine so...

Cell References..
I have a 12 month rolling report with a seperate worksheet within th workbook which refers to the column containing current month's Numbers When I "Cut" Column C (which contains the oldest Month) and "insert column C between N & O it shifts my cells left and all I need to do i input all of the current Month Data into Column N. The formulas al remain intact and everything is peachy. Until I goto the Workshee that refers to the Current Month on the 12 month rolling report. My problem is that when I shift the columns on the "Report" workshee it chages the cell...

Use a VBA Macro inside an Excel Cell

Conitional Formatting
Hello. I have two fields in a subform, "User" and "IT Announcement" I would like to do conditional formatting to this effect: On ther "User" field: If "IT Announcement" = Yes then make the "User" field turn blue (I would choose the color blue from the conditional formatting selection. How would you write this? Thanks. Iram/mcp On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:59:01 -0700, Iram wrote: > Hello. > I have two fields in a subform, "User" and "IT Announcement" > I would like to do conditional formatting to this effect: > On...

Excel number formatting #2

FRx 6.7 Compatability with GP 10. 0
Hi, Is FRx 6.7 is campatable with GP 10.0? I have installed Frx 6.7 with and using successfully as local cleint but as requirement I need to run the same Balance Sheet Report which I have created on my client machine want to run on the different client machines withou installing the FRx. Do I need to installed FRx on each client machine? Please give the details. Your immediate help will be greatly appreciated. -- Developer Yes. Frx 6.7 is compatible with GP 10.0. Make sure to apply the latest service pack. I am not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if you need to c...

Mail Relay #7
I have a Exhcahge 2003 FE/BE setup. WE are adding another email server for encryption that will be a n outgoing relay. this will sit between my FE server and my firewall. Do I have to setup another connector to point to this server for all mail? Thanks Rick All outbound internet mail? You can insert the server as a smarthost on SMTP Connector for address space *. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Rick" <drummer10980@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1159524368.41...

Strange behaviour: show/hide formatting symbols reveals old change
In Word 2007, I'm getting some strange behaviour in a document that was authored by someone else. Track Changes is switched off, all changes have been accepted, and everything looks as it should in whichever view I happen to choose (Print Layout, Draft, whatever). But when I click to show formatting symbols (in whatever view) a whole lot of old changes - deletions AND insertions, ostensibly all accepted, and from before the document got to me - appear in the document, making it quite tricky to work with. These old changes are impervious to anything I try to do with them E...

Color change in cell when > 49.99
I need a cell to change color if the value inside the cell reaches 50 or higher.either text or cell shade. just so it catches the users attention. im running excel 2000. and i have this currently in the cell that i want to aplly this to: =HLOOKUP(D20,'Hidden Data'!GZ10:HB11,2,0)*MAX(15,E20) have you tried conditional formating? format>conditional formating >-----Original Message----- >I need a cell to change color if the value inside the cell reaches 50 or >higher.either text or cell shade. just so it catches the users attention. >im running excel 2000. and i ...

How did I break the cell display limit? #2
If there is anyone out there who can help with this, I would be most most grateful. Here's the facts: - I'm working in a MS Excel worksheet. - I am aware of Excel's 255-character-per-cell display limit. (As understand it, each cell can hold up to 32,000 characters, but wil only display/print 255 characters.) This is a major pain in th petunski, as most of my cells contain more than 255 characters Therefore, most of my spreadsheet shows cells that look like this ###############. I have to look in the formula bar to see the actua contents of each cell. - In cell C35, I have 1,05...

formatting of charts changes when copying from excel 2000 to 200.
When I copy a chart from Excel 2000 and paste it into Excel 2003, some of the formatting is lost. In particular, scale and axis formatting. Is this a programming issue or can it be corrected easily. Thanks Hi, First one would answer why would you copy charts from 2000 to 2003, why not make them in 2003? Second and more important - how are you copying them - there are maybe 20 possible methods of copying a chart from one program to another. Please tell us exactly which steps you use to do the copying. Also, exactly what formatting are you loosing, what do you get instead? When ...