Cell formating #5

If one cell in a spreadsheet has a specific format (font, color, etc..) and I
have another cell that will equal that cell with an if formula, how do I
retain the formatting of the original cell in the cell with the result?
0
Gerardo (7)

Hi!

You would have to do that through conditional formatting
or manually format the cell with the formula in it.

A formula will only return a value from another cell and
not that other cells formatting.

Biff

0
biffinpitt (3172)

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Single click selects multiple cells

Fractions Number format

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Date format 04-11-06

Formatting in CSV
Hi I create a Comma Separated Value file (csv) from my VB application, then open that file with Excel. Excel recognises the commas, and splits the records into separate fields as expected. Can I set properties for rows or columns or cells ? Like bolding, or font size, etc. Thanks Robert -- RobertLees ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RobertLees's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26580 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486488 Yes. Even though the .csv file contains no fo...

Format List Box!

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...

changing a cell of 60 files
Hi all I've 60 files and another one which summarizes all of them.. I've to put a day in the cell a1 and then I'd like to cut and paste that day in the cell a1 of the other 60 files without having to change all of them manually. I'd like to save and then exit every single file.The files are named 0001 0002 0003..and so on. I know that this is possible with a macro..but I've got a problem.. It's possible not to have the prompt which asks for updates of the file everytime I open one of them?? Thanks for the help Rossella Hi Rossella http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm ...

how do i identically size cells to organize contents alphabeticall
how do i size the cells in excell to organize alphabetically The size of the cell has nothing to do with sorting them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "entertainer" <entertainer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62754406-410E-4328-8A6A-679D001D7F70@microsoft.com... > how do i size the cells in excell to organize alphabetically As JoAnne points out, cell size has nothing to do with sorting. What is the current sate of your data and what would you like to see happen to i...

Data Validation circle cell position
Hi everyone. I want to create an alert that flashes a msgbox when a sheet is activated and contains data that is flagged as invalid by using the validation circles. In a large sheet, it is tricky to find all the cells that may contain invalid data which is why I want to be able to create a msgbox that lists the addresses or something like that. By looping through the shapes in the sheet, I can determine that these errors exist but I can't find out where they are as the data validation oval does not appear to have a .topleftcell location. I can find out where it is in ...

Replying to emails #5
I'm using Outlook 2007. Can someone tell me where is the setting I uncheck to not reply to messages in the same format that they were sent? I can't find it for the life of me. Thanks in advance. Wy "newtechie" <newtechie@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23ehsbToQIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook 2007. Can someone tell me where is the setting I > uncheck to not reply to messages in the same format that they were sent? > I can't find it for the life of me. > > Thanks in advance. > > Wy > AFAIK there IS no...

check List Cell
check List Cell I woul like a cell with the symbol of check for create a checking list in excel. how can i do and format a cell ? I would like to get a template with this options and add my list. I only need to select o deselect the items. Thanksxxx -- Esgrimidor hi if i understand correctly, format the cell to font marlett the type the lower case a. a check mark will appear. Regards FSt1 "Esgrimidor" wrote: > > check List Cell > > I woul like a cell with the symbol of check for create a checking list > in excel. > > how can i do and format a...

Password masking in a cell
Hi there, Is there anyway to mask a password as it is typed into the cell. Example is I type 5555 into cell A1 but to the viewing eye they only see ****. Is this possible. If so can I set up about 4 password that are validated after entry into cell A1. To allow or Dismiss. Thanks Craig You could use formatting to hide the display in the cell, but the value would show up in the formula bar when the cell was selected. If you really want to keep that password private, you could create a userform, add a textbox and set the .passwordchar to "*". Debra Dalgleish has a small tutor...