Cell fill colors don't appear to work...

Odd thing here and I hope it's very simple. I use color fills for certain
cells in my spreadsheet. Cells with figures below goal have a red background,
while cells with figures above goal have a green background. This is not the
case. The numbers in these cells take on the color that I want the who cell
to be (red or green) while the background remains white. I send a copy of the
spreadsheet to a colleague who opens it on his system, and the colors show up
properly as cell backgrounds, not number colors. Please help.
--
Thanks,
Rob

Rob

If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS
high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the
following MSKB article:

OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed

   http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;320531

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:58:05 -0700, Rob <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Odd thing here and I hope it's very simple. I use color fills for certain
>cells in my spreadsheet. Cells with figures below goal have a red background,
>while cells with figures above goal have a green background. This is not the
>case. The numbers in these cells take on the color that I want the who cell
>to be (red or green) while the background remains white. I send a copy of the
>spreadsheet to a colleague who opens it on his system, and the colors show up
>properly as cell backgrounds, not number colors. Please help.

0
Gord

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

how to match the color of a button with its background?
Hi, I have a owner draw push button. I associate it with two bitmaps, one is down and the other is up. Is there a way to make the bitmaps's background color match the color of the window where the button is located. I manually choose the best matched color but still the result is not good. I can even see a white border line (not drawn by me) when the button is pushed. Please help. Thanks. Tony Check out http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vcresed/html/_asug_choosing_an_opaque_or_transparent_background.asp May Young <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:<408473...

Single click selects multiple cells

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Ctrl+D not working on outlook messages

why does my spell check not work?
My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? In what program / version "karen" <karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA8883BD-0958-4AB0-93FF-F43E4FB9D176@microsoft.com... > My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? ...

Date function quit working

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

RE: Fill Factor on a clustered index
Tricky one. Have a database getting alot of locks...Darn sql server and those silly page locks. Anyway had to change the application to use a disconnected methodology and check for changes before doing an update. Love the asp.net alternative. It just clobbers data (unless you write code to check)...record locks have their uses but...right now need to reduce any locking possible and one article on the web mentioned even tables where you just add data too could do with a fill factor. One table just keeps a track of changes by the record id. There is a clustered index on the record ...

If a worksheet name is = to test then a msgbox appears
I'm looking for a macro that will display a msgbox if a worksheet is = to test. For example, if the name of a sheet in a workbook is equal to test then display msgbox saying sheet already exists. Thanks Vick dim ws as worksheet set ws = nothing on error resume next set ws = worksheets("test") on error goto 0 if ws is nothing then msgbox "doesn't exist" else msgbox "already exists" end if Vick wrote: > > I'm looking for a macro that will display a msgbox if a worksheet is = to test. > > For example, if the name of a sheet in a w...

changing a cell of 60 files
Hi all I've 60 files and another one which summarizes all of them.. I've to put a day in the cell a1 and then I'd like to cut and paste that day in the cell a1 of the other 60 files without having to change all of them manually. I'd like to save and then exit every single file.The files are named 0001 0002 0003..and so on. I know that this is possible with a macro..but I've got a problem.. It's possible not to have the prompt which asks for updates of the file everytime I open one of them?? Thanks for the help Rossella Hi Rossella http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm ...

why does Equal sign not appear on the formula bar
next to the function button as in Excel 2000??? What was the purpose of changing this and creating a formula "wizard"?? ...