Cell / Date Formatting Question when result = -0-

Please help,

I am using this formula to post a date.

=IF(master!T3>0,master!S3,"")

When the value is a date...no problem.

When Master sheet Cell s3 has no value, the result is

01/00/00

How can I change this?
Is there a custom date format to show a "-"?

Many thanks.

0
scooksey (13)

Try a custom format of:

mm/dd/yy;;-;@

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jasonjmorin (551)
1/17/2005 2:06:10 AM
Try this:

=IF(AND(master!T3>0,master!S3>0),master!S3,"")
--

HTH,

RD

"seve" <scooksey@charter.net> wrote in message
Please help,

I am using this formula to post a date.

=IF(master!T3>0,master!S3,"")

When the value is a date...no problem.

When Master sheet Cell s3 has no value, the result is

01/00/00

How can I change this?
Is there a custom date format to show a "-"?

Many thanks.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
1/17/2005 2:25:49 AM
On 16 Jan 2005 17:37:43 -0800, "seve" <scooksey@charter.net> wrote:

>Please help,
>
>I am using this formula to post a date.
>
>=IF(master!T3>0,master!S3,"")
>
>When the value is a date...no problem.
>
>When Master sheet Cell s3 has no value, the result is
>
>01/00/00
>
>How can I change this?
>Is there a custom date format to show a "-"?
>
>Many thanks.

mm/dd/yy;;;

will only show a result if there is a value >0 (or an error).

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

Tracking Dates For Future Occurrences
Can this be done? I want to track a yearly review. I would like the date, once entered - say 6/1/2009, to conditionally format to change yellow 30 days before, then red 15 days before, and then to stay red until the date is updated again for say 6/1/2010. Can this be done? I am new to all this, thanks.. In 2007 Also.. "Knee2no" wrote: > Can this be done? I want to track a yearly review. I would like the date, > once entered - say 6/1/2009, to conditionally format to change yellow 30 days > before, then red 15 days before, and then to stay red until the date is...

Hyperlink via indirect cell reference

parsing a date and time field #2

Creating a Combined Date/Time Shortcut
I know Excel provides shortcuts for entering the date (CTRL + ;) and the = time (CTRL + SHIFT + ;), but I really need one that will enter both the = date=20 and time in the same cell at the same time. (Since Excel does provide=20 formatting for same-cell date and time, it seems kind of odd that there = isn't=20 a shortcut to facilitate entry.) Is it possible to create an entirely = new shortcut=20 that doesn't use macros? (This last point is important, since the = workbook is=20 shared on a network.) Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated--I'm getting=20 desperate. T...

Pass Through to SQL Server Optimization Questions
On an autoexec function several recordsets are opened. Some are queries to local tables, some are to sql server tables. I have been trying to optimize performance but I haven't seen much difference in speed between queries run directly against linked SQL Server tables vs pass through queries. Here is my code for creating the pass throughs (I have another function OpenRecordSetLocal that handles queries to tables within the frontend. The ODBC connection string resides in the query Q_PassThrough. Am I missing something key? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks. Function OpenRecord...

Rename Cell
How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? You can't. The closest you will get is to hide column headings, via Excel Option, and then create your own. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "shoe" <shoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBA970DF-D928-41EE-9565-4639E7D49BCE@microsoft.com... > How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? you cant change the headers or row labels but you can define you data as a list (or table) and the headings can then be used to refer...

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Create static text from cell reference

Sumproduct with multiple date criteria
Having a tough time with this one. Sheet 1 Column A = Start Date, Column B = End Date, Column C = Quantity. Sheet 2 Row A = Start Date, Row B = End Date. I would like Row C to sum quantity from sheet 1 where ever the two date ranges intersect. The date ranges on sheet 2 represent the beginning and ending of a week (Mon-Sun). Sheet 1 Column A Column B Column C 01JAN2010 24JAN2010 1,000 Sheet 2 Row A 04JAN2010 11JAN2010 18JAN2010 25JAN2010 Row B 10JAN2010 17JAN2010 24JAN2010 31JAN2010 Row c 1,000 1,000 1,000 0 Do the Sheet 2 Star...

Cell Format #4

Getting contents of adjacent cells

Formatting #13
Hi How can i have codes in this form 00.00.0000.00, & i wanted to sum to the values below like next code, 00.00.0000(+1).00 I'm tired to format but always sum in the last 2 digits 00.00.0000.00(+1), what can i do Someone can help me Thanks How did you put 00.00.0000.00 in the cell? Did you type 0 and then give it a custom format? If yes, try changing your custom format to: 00\.00\.\0000.00 Then add 1, but make sure that the resulting cell also has this custom format. This is really a funny formatted number with 2 decimal places now. Carla wrote: > > Hi, > How can i ...

conditional formatting in excel #3

Chart "Benchmark" Line Graph Question
I am generating a graph of many team's monthly audit productivity percentages (bar graph) with a "benchmark" (line graph) at 95% (y axis) across 6 month period (x axis). The problem is that the line graph appears on the graph but the ends of the line are centered in the end columns (left & right). Is there as simple way to extend the benchmark line out to the edges of the graph? MJ Have a great day and live life with passion! ...

cell selection gone crazy on Excel 2003

Converting date from an external source
I am having an issued with converting a date from external data source. the data has the timestamp in the general date form mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00. I want to convert the date to mm/dd/yyyy format so when i run a query for a single day it will return the data for that date, I can currently return the data but i have to set the parameter in the mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00 format, i want to simply return the data by setting the parameter in the mm/dd/yyyy format Don't confuse how data is stored with how it is presented. As long as you import the date into a field defined as a Date data type, you...

Average of logic cells
I used a logic test to determine some levels from raw scores. For EG >120 =5, 119-110 = 4, etc. I now want to dtermine an average score of several of the the results from the logic tests but it doesnt seem to work. (AVG does not recognise cells with logic tests) Can anyone help, please? -- ckdkvk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ckdkvk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29245 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489704 hi, ckdkvk ! > I used a logic test to determine so...

Cell References..
I have a 12 month rolling report with a seperate worksheet within th workbook which refers to the column containing current month's Numbers When I "Cut" Column C (which contains the oldest Month) and "insert column C between N & O it shifts my cells left and all I need to do i input all of the current Month Data into Column N. The formulas al remain intact and everything is peachy. Until I goto the Workshee that refers to the Current Month on the 12 month rolling report. My problem is that when I shift the columns on the "Report" workshee it chages the cell...

Use a VBA Macro inside an Excel Cell

Conitional Formatting
Hello. I have two fields in a subform, "User" and "IT Announcement" I would like to do conditional formatting to this effect: On ther "User" field: If "IT Announcement" = Yes then make the "User" field turn blue (I would choose the color blue from the conditional formatting selection. How would you write this? Thanks. Iram/mcp On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:59:01 -0700, Iram wrote: > Hello. > I have two fields in a subform, "User" and "IT Announcement" > I would like to do conditional formatting to this effect: > On...

Excel number formatting #2