Cell comments - cursor passover #2

I have already created the code using VBA to pull the data from the M
Access table.  Is there a way to set it up so that when you pass ove
the cell it will automatically run my routine

--
LA
LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=965

Hi
not possible AFAIK as there's no event which got triggered by just
moving over a comment field

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

LAF wrote:
> I have already created the code using VBA to pull the data from the
MS
> Access table.  Is there a way to set it up so that when you pass over
> the cell it will automatically run my routine?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Linking 2 workbooks
What is the formula/procedure to link an entry in a Source workbook to an identified name in another workbook? Example: Sam makes numerous donations over time that are entered into the main spreadsheet. Entry of a given donation should automatically appear as a separate entry in his own identified workbook. ...

Right Click to Autofill cells in 2003
Hello All, In 97 to 2002 it was possible to right click when using Autofill to copy the cells down rather than continuing the sequence. in 2003 i just get a pretty red line (what purpose does this serve?). Does anyone know if I can get back the old functionality? Many thanks, Danny I have that functionality in Excel 2003 as well, maybe you have installed an add-in? In any case if you hold down ctrl while using the left click copy down it will also copy as opposed to fill a series Regards, peo sjoblom "DannyJ" wrote: > Hello All, > > In 97 to 2002 it was possi...

2 different Deleted Items folders??
Decided to try Outlook after years with OE. Set up email and news accounts. Imported messages from OE. When I open Outlook, show Folders, I see Outlook Today - [Personal Folders], Deleted Items, Inbox, etc. I emptied the Deleted Items folder. Then, View, Goto, News, show Folders, I see Outlook Newsreader, Local Folders, then most of the same folders that I see under Personal Folders in the Outlook window, including another Deleted Items folder, and this one isn't empty. Where did I go wrong? Al The Outlook Newsreader is actually Outlook Express which maintains its own folder...

MS Money small business for Canada #2
Hi, I would like to purchase MS Money small business to handle my company accountings. I am located in Canada and was wondering how flexible this product is to be customized for Canadian Tax system and payroll rules. Regards, Alex In microsoft.public.money, Alex wrote: > > >I would like to purchase MS Money small business to handle my company >accountings. I am located in Canada and was wondering how flexible this >product is to be customized for Canadian Tax system and payroll rules. The last such product was Money 2000. Today only Standard is available for Canada. Th...

get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates
Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? Thanks, Racsus (Racsus@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? DECLARE @offset int, @day varchar(10) SELECT @day = 'Tuesday' SELECT @offset = CASE @day WHEN 'Monday' THEN 1 WHEN 'Tuesday' THEN 2 WHEN 'Mittwoch' THEN 3 WHEN 'Thursday' THEN 4 WHEN 'Friday' THEN 5 ...

How do I randomly shuffle the cells in a column?
In Excel 2003, I have a column, say a1-a10, with certain entries. I need to create another column, b1-b10, with the same entries assigned randomly (shuffled) to the cells. Just one way .. Put in B1: =INDEX(A:A,RANK(C1,$C$1:$C$10)) Put in C1: =RAND() Select B1:C1, copy down to C10 B1:B10 returns a random shuffle of what's in A1:A10 Press F9 to re-shuffle -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Jason D" <Jason D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36244977-7EE5-436B-8617-59C15310B080@microsoft.com... >...

MSPOS 2.0
To change the behavior of the screen's min/max buttons one must enable it through the POS View. Need to be able to set this in Manager View also for non-POS machines without having to hack the database. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

Auto Format #2
Can't find Auto Format, did excel 2007 decide not to have this function, is there a similiar function to be used instead of autoformat? Hi Ness! If you want to select a formatting for your table select Format as Table in the Home Tab of the Ribbon. I believe that is the replacement for the Auto Format command in the previous versions of Microsoft Excel. Hope this Helps! -- Chester C. Coronel Junior BSIT Student University of Asia and the Pacific, Philippines Read the StudentEmpowered Blog!http://msforums.ph/blogs/chestercoronel "Ness" wrote: > Can't find Auto F...

How to change cell shading/fill based on value in another cell?
I have a sheet with two columns of experimental data. Let's say the data is in F10:F25 (column 1) & G10:G25 (column 2). There is a value in another cell (A1) that contains a 1 or a 2. If A1=1, I want to turn shading in column 1 agree and in column 2 off. If A1=2, I want to reverse that. If there a worksheet function that will do that? I was hoping for something like: =cellshading(range,color) I could then execute one of these two statements: If A1=1 then cellshading(F10:F25,"Green") cellshading(G10:G25,"None") Else cellshading(G10:G25,"Green&...

how to control the size of a comment
hi, i wonder how to control the size of a comment i added in a cell with vba. i failed all, thanks For an individual comment, this is one possibility: With ActiveCell.Comment .Shape.Width = 200 .Shape.Height = 100 End With For all comments on a sheet: Dim c As Comment For Each c In ActiveSheet.Comments c.Shape.Width = 200 c.Shape.Height = 100 Next William ...

Unable to send emails #2
My mail server is not sending out emails. When I perform an NSLookup on the server's IP address I get an UNKNOWN for the server name. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks "TPSchaefer" <TPSchaefer@hotmail.com> wrote: >My mail server is not sending out emails. When I perform an NSLookup on the >server's IP address I get an UNKNOWN for the server name. > >Any ideas would be appreciated. Fix your DNS or your network connection to your DNS. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm I have...

XML ASP.NET 2.o Issue
Hi, I have the following code and I'm using News.xsl to read the XML file - Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load '---------------------------------------------------------------------------- THIS PAST (myXml.Document) IS NOT WORKING IN ASP.NET 2.0 '---------------------------------------------------------------------------- myXml.Document = getXML(nSource.SelectedItem.Value) End Sub Function getXML(ByVal sourceFile As String) Dim myRequest As System.Net.WebRequest = System.Net.WebRequest....

ms pos 1.2 weird word jumble
Store Operations Manager was not working, so I did a repair install. After the repair, the wrong phrases were in the wrong spot. For example, instead of cancel it says "category code" and instead of file it says "Filter:" Does anyone has an idea how to fix this? I took a screenshot of the home screen so you can see the weirdness for yourself: http://picasaweb.google.com/MissVoldemort/Weird#5349426894521446370 ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Account...

How to get SUMPRODUCT on filtered cells
I'm currently using the formula =SUMPRODUCT((F2:I1475>=1)*(F2:I1475<=9999)) This gives me the number of the full range of cells but I need this to update whenever I use a variety of filters. Any help is greatly appreciated Sam.D Say we have data in A1 thru B29 like: flia value 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 0 pass 2 pass 0 pass 1 pass 1 fail 1 fail 0 fail 2 fail 1 fail 0 fail 1 fail 2 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 2 fail and are appling autofilter to column a. We want to use sumpr...

Sum Multiple Worksheets, same named cell
I have multiple worksheets containing the same named cell (e.g. Month_Total). On a totals worksheet, I am not able to use =SUM('START,END'!Month_Total) because of the local/global naming. Is there a way around this? (Month_Total will not always be in the same cell on each worksheet). Thanks! It seems to me that you have two options. 1. Name each of your "Monthly Total"s slightly different. OR 2. Do not use the cell range naming. "uncreative" <uncreative@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60A150C6-50BC-4876-A31F-1C...

Xml validation against xsd #2

Missing Recipients #2
We are running Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003 with all of the service packs for both. Recently we noticed that when users sent email sometimes the recipients would appar blank. The recipients were present when the email was sent and they also received the message, however when we look in sent items or the recipient pulls up the message in their inbox it will just display a blank field in the To field. I am certain that they are not using the BCC field and it happens to multiple users so it's not specific to somebody's computer. What is causing this issue? ...

Multiplication error #2
I noticed that Excel 2003 calculates: 7.5*1.2=8.7 when the correct answer is 9.0. It did this as part of a formula where the 1.2 answer came from calculating another set of numbers. When I asked Excel to calculate this answer by simply inputting those two numbers the correct answer of 9.0 came out. Does anyone have an answer as to why it does that?! Hmmm.... 8.7. Well, 7.5+1.2=8.7. Are you sure there's not a plus sign in there? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "DeeJay" <DeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72EA8922-F5BA-486...

Auto Assigning Categories #2
Hello does any one know if this is possible: Can I bulk assign categories to transactions that have already been imported into money from my bank. Is there a way to assign one transaction then have Money update all similar transactions with my the new category assignment. Also will money remember the new category assignment and auto assign all similar future transactions? -- Joe In microsoft.public.money, Joe Robison wrote: >Hello does any one know if this is possible: Can I bulk assign categories to >transactions that have already been imported into money from my bank. I...

dynamic named range #2
thank-you, as usual, top notch! E -- ExcelMonke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ExcelMonkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=522 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26678 ...

Algebra within a cell
How do you set-up a formula in a cell that multiplies a constant times the number you insert? Ex. the constant is .315 remains present at all times only the number you insert changes - =.315*(x) You can't unless you use an event macro, if you need a formula you have to use another cell as help =0.315*A2 where A2 holds x you can also put 0.315 in a cell, copy it, select the cel with x and then paste special and select multiply. But to get this instantly you have to use something like Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Intersect(Range("A2"), Target)...

sorting text in 2 columns by likeness
I have 2 columns of text with number values associated with them. Amy 21 Amanda 12 Bill 12 Amy 18 Chris 32 Bill 23 Kathy 8 Chris 12 Kim 15 Curtis 32 Todd 23 Katrhy 21 Todd 5 I need to be able to sort these like this Amanda 12 Amy 21 Amy 18 Bill 12 Bill 23 Chris 32 Chris ...

Displaying Multiple Cell Information in Single Cell
Hi all, I'm trying to present (text) data from multiple cells in another workbook in a single cell. I've tried the following formula but it returns a #VALUE! in my destination cell: ='[Project1.xls]Dependencies'!$A$6, '[Project1.xls]Dependencies'!$A$7 Any ideas on if this is possible? TIA, SamuelT -- SamuelT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SamuelT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=503954 Use the "&...

heading #2
Hi, How to use a certain row to be as a header on each page when printing? thanks Assuming pre-XL2007: File | page Setup | open the Sheet Tab | specify which rows (and/or columns) are to be printed on each page. You CANNOT do this from PrintPreview best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Khalil handal" <khhandal@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OqHuYqJQIHA.5976@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > How to use a certain row to be as a header on each page when printing? > thanks > > ...

Printing an A5 booklet 2 up on A4 paper
Sorry for what is a long story but hopefully, "what I am trying to do and why I cant do it", will be clear enough by the time you get to the end. This really is a simple requirement that was easy to do and worked fine in every version of Publisher prior to 2007! I am printing a booklet that is basically, an A5 page folded in half containing 28 pages. The printer it is sent to is a HP8550 with duplex. The page setup is set correctly as Booklet, 10.5cm x 14.85cm prints 4 pages per piece of A5 paper and it prints it in the correct order, paginated etc. The problem started when...