Cell call out 03-01-10

Hi, I have a spread sheet that when you put your pointer on that cell you get
a tip, it is not a comment, how do I edit that? Thanks

Still data|validation.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Still data|validation.
>
> Barry wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I have a spread sheet that when you put your pointer on that cell you get
> > a tip, it is not a comment, how do I edit that? Thanks
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> .

blocking blank cells until other cells are compiled
Hello everyone. I'm working on several columns. Each column corresponds to a certai date. I would like the fields under the date cell to be "available only if the date cell is filled. How do I do this? Say in cell "A1" I have today's date and in "B1" tomorrow's (and s on). In cell "A2" I want to put the number of dollars I have spen during lunch and in cell "B2" I will want to do the same, but onl tomorrow of course. I would like to "compile" the whole month in terms of columns but would like NOT to be able to write in the...

microsoft money #10
I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was replaced by Microsoft. How did this happen? How to I get my original files? What "original page"? What makes you say it "was replaced by Microsoft"? Have you tried opening your original files? (Money File|Open or double-click on them from Windows Explorer.) "DR support" <DRsupport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB8D2DDB-8EA1-4665-A875-D19A468B19AA@microsoft.com... >I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was > replaced by Mi...

SQL Reporting Services and GP 10
Hello: Is it possible to associate SQL Reporting Services reports with SOP invoices in GP 10.0 rather than with Report Writer? I know that Accountable Software has Forms Printer, but I believe that that only works with Crystal. And, I know that there are SRS reports written to display data from GP but I do not think that these reports will work in terms of printing invoices or orders from SOP. Thanks! childofthe1980s No not really.. The problem is that when an SOP or POP document is printed, GP needs to be updated. Accountable does that with their Crystal interface but I dont kno...

only the first 5 columns of a 10 column excel spreadsheet sort
How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? Using Office 2003. Maybe if you remove the Data|list Select a cell in that blue box. Data|list|convert to range jrw562 wrote: > > How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the > first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? > Using Office 2003. -- Dave Peterson ...

Set up a script for a live performance with a cue call sheet
How do I set up a single one-sided sheet to follow a live performance script and be able to write stand-by notes and cues in a column beside the script with a timecode format ...

Cell selection
Hi, Can anyone tell me why, when I select a cell near the bottom of a page, 3-4 rows seem to be sected as well? Thanks in advance Jason Hi, You are probably in Extend mode. Look at the bottom right of the Status Bar, look for Extend, its location and wording depend on version. If it is on press Esc or F8. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Boenerge" wrote: > Hi, > Can anyone tell me why, when I select a cell near the bottom of a page, 3-4 > rows seem to be sected as well? > Thanks in advance > Jason I am having this p...

Select a certain number of cells in a row
Hi, I'd like to have the macro to select row 5 to 10 in the active column. May I know what is the VB code to write? Regards, Valerie maybe... dim myRng as range dim myCol as long with activesheet mycol = activecell.Column set myrng = .range(.cells(5,mycol),.cells(10,mycol)) end with myrng.select ======= or with activesheet .cells(5,activecell.column).resize(6).select end with I'm not quite sure why you want to select that range. But for the most part, if you act directly on the range (and avoid .selects), you're code will work faster and be easier to modify. Dolph...

Cannot hide cells

Outlook Integration 09-01-06
Hi Guys, I'm new to this newsgroup so appologies if this question has already been asked. I have a client that has 4 remote members of staff. They all currently use Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager. My client intends to purchase a server and use ACT! and allow her staff to VPN in to acces the various contacts. I've suggested Windows SBS 2003 Premium for the server and a colleague has suggested CRM instead of ACT!. Her biggets nightmare is converting the BCM data to ACT! format. Can CRM import her current 3000 contacts already stored in BCM ? Are any of you using CRM o...

text in cell shows up as ####

ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler does not get called
Hello, For some reason, my ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler does not get called. I am using the usual syntax: in the .cpp file: ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_EDIT_CLEAR, OnUpdateEditClear) void CDrawView::OnUpdateEditClear(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->Enable(!m_selection.IsEmpty()); } in the .h file: afx_msg void OnUpdateEditClear(CCmdUI* pCmdUI); The other handlers (for example for ID_EDIT_CUT) work normally Thanks for advice Vaclav "Vaclav" <vjedlicka@atlas.cz> wrote in message news:u5Wc3LKJIHA.2480@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > For some reason, my ON_UPDATE_...

Printing large cells
I have a spreadsheet in which many of the cells are very large. When the spreadsheet is printed, not all of the large cell contents print. How do I get all of the cell contents to print? ...

Excel limited cell formats
I have run into Excel's limit on 4000 cell foremats. I have since split the excel workbook into two separate workbooks. My question is, how can I launch these from a template and have the two workbooks link with each other, My original workbook has 25 separate sheets within the workbook for a total of 3.25mb size. I have a whole slew of macros assigned to different command buttons. Mike Johnson ...

GP 10.0 Fails to install .Net Framework 2.0 not installed
I'm trying to install GP 10.0 on server. We have .net framework 2.0 sp1 and 3.0 installed. We have windows sharepoint services installed on framework 3.0. When we try to install, it is returing error .Net framework 2.0 not installed and ending prematurely. I've tried the workaround provided in Partnersource (KB ID 947538) for .Net 2.0 sp1. However it is not working. Thanks Jack - unfortunately, unless you write out the command line scripts exactly as they say in the KB, it will continue to bomb. Microsoft is costing us hours and hours worth of unbillable time to work aroun...

Adding Hyperlink to multiple values within a cell
My spreadsheet contains a list of people. The cell next to each nam contains multiple numeric values for identifying a specific piece o information. I would like to be able to click on one of those number (value) and a comment window pop up with the information associate with it, or be hyperlinked to the information further down th speadsheet. I want to avoid using multiple cells for this. Is this possible? Thank -- t2tru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- t2true's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=387 View this...

can i see the date the last time a cell was changed?
I am trying to figure out a formulla to make the date appear in one cell everytime anouther cell's data is chaged. Use a worksheet_change event to copy the cell address and put in a date stamp. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "JohnNuTek" <JohnNuTek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5085A544-CBF4-4B81-A244-B03DE9A0E9E6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to figure out a formulla to make the date appear in one cell > everytime anouther cell's data is chaged. There really isn't a worksheet formula to do that. Typicall...

copying text on sheet 1 to corresponding cells on sheets 2 to 5
I want the text entered in A8 on sheet 1(named Productivity) to automatically transfer to A8 on sheets 2 thru 5. I used the simple formula =Productivity!a8 in the corresponding cells but when there is no data in Productivity A8 I get a 0 in the corresponding cells. I would like the corresponding cells to remain blank if there is not text in Productivity A8. I am really new to excel, like only used it two weeks! Is there a simple fix to this? -- newbie at large! Hi A formula will always return 0 if it's refering to an empty cell. This formula will let the cell look empty if no...

can cells apply conditional formatting using the internal clock?
I am using excell to keep track of my production schedule and I wanted to know if there was a way to tie the cells in a worksheet to the internal date and time in the computer,so that the cells will update automatically. Example: Row A10 would be my production start date, Row A1 would be my projected finish date, I would like the cells in between to go from green to red as I near the finish date without manually inputting the date in each cell. Can you help me? Thyanks Set the normal format as desired (I selected a Pattern of Green). Select A1:A10, then select Format | Conditional Fo...

Splitting excel cells based on content
I have an excel workbook with a worksheet created by a dump from a database (DOORS in this case). The first column is unique, the second not. The second column may contain 0 to n identifiers that I want to look up on a separate sheet. The lookup is easy when the cell in the 2nd column has either 0 or 1 identifiers in it but when there are 2 or more (separated by a carriage return I think) my lookup fails as lookup is using the enitre contents of the cell. What i'd like to be able to do is to automatically (there's some 900+ rows in the worksheet) is to automatically insert additio...

Simple question about text within a cell
I can't seem to find the option that prevents text from covering the adjacent cell. For example if I type the folling in cell A1: All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth. Obviously that will overflow over the cell B1 (if there is no data in B1). I don't want to resize my column, I only want the cell to show as much text in A1 as possible without covering cell B1. I believe I've seen the option to do what I'm looking for but I can't seem to find it and I can't figure out how to look it up in the HELP file. Thanks in advance. Rick My simple solution ha...

Is Auto Expansion (i.e., wrap text) of a cell possible when the cell's contents are based on another cell?
I am trying to display the results from one tab (Tab 1) in another (Tab 2). So, for example, tab 2 contains the formula "=Tab1!A2". However, when the results are too large to fit the cell in tab 2 (i.e., the cell that contains a formula that draws from a cell in tab 1), the wrap text feature does not work unless i first double click in the cell in tab 2. Is there any way around this? Can the wrap text feature work automatically somehow? Or will i need to double click in every cell that contains text that doesn't fit into the cell. Thanks for any suggestions, or VBA code, th...

Auto Filter 03-10-10
When I use Auto Filter and select the criteria I want to filter by and then go back to select all criteria certain rows are hidden, it does show all rows. Anyone know why? Did you mean "it does NOT show all rows"? If yes, then I'm guessing that you have more than one field/column filtered. In xl2003 menus, I'd use: Data|Filter|show all On the xl2007 ribbon, I think it's: Data tab|Sort & Filter group|Clear GV wrote: > > When I use Auto Filter and select the criteria I want to filter by and then > go back to select all criteria cer...

cursor control in cells
Can anyone help please? For some reason i am no longer able to scroll across a cell by moving through teh arrow keys. The whole sheet moves instead. Can anyone tell me what I ahve done to lose this control please? Many thanx DAT Hi Dave You have probably inadvertently pressed the Skulk key. Press it again to take Scroll Lock off and you should be OK. -- Regards Roger Govier "Dave T" <datucker@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:J8sUh.378$V7.132@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone help please? > For some reason i am no longer able to scroll across a cell by ...

remove carriage return in multiple cells
Hello, I have an excel sheet with lots of data. Unfortunately lots of cells contain carriage returns. Is there a way to remove the carriage returns in those cells (more returns in a cell possible)? Thanks, Andy > Andy Select your range, then CTRL+H. In Find What, type 0010 (number keypad) while holding down ALT. Click Replace All. HTH, Andy Try running this macro: Sub RemoveCRLF() Cells.Replace Chr(10), "" Cells.Replace Chr(13), "" End Sub Afterward you may want to turn off Wrap Text (under Format, Cells, Alignment) for the affected cells. -- Jim...

WMDC in Windows 7 Ultimate 05-17-10
I installed Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit version), and now I can't sync my HTC smartphone with my PC. Worked fine previously with Win 7 Home Premium, but now whenever I try and use/install Windows Mobile Device Centre, I get an error message saying WMDC can't be installed because one or more Windows components are missing. I've tried: restarting and reconnecting my smartphone rebooting my PC and reconnecting phone installing windows updates donwloading WMDC 6.1 and re-installing - all with same result where do I find the missing Windows components to make WMDC work? ...