Cell borders not printing

I'm running Excel X. The thinnest available cell border
won't print. I've tried two different printers. The thicker
borders will print but look less than appealing on screen.
Has anyone else come across this problem?
0
anonymous (74722)

I've seen it - it may depend on which printer driver you're using. In
the print dialog, be sure to set the target printer to the one you're
printing to, rather than the generic printer. You might also check the
manufacturer's site to see if there's an update to your drivers.

--
Microsoft MVP-Macintosh
http://www.mcgimpsey.com

in article jemcgimpsey-A11913.11000603022004@msnews.microsoft.com, J.E.
McGimpsey at jemcgimpsey@mvps.org wrote on 2/3/04 1:00 PM:

> I've seen it - it may depend on which printer driver you're using. In
> the print dialog, be sure to set the target printer to the one you're
> printing to, rather than the generic printer. You might also check the
> manufacturer's site to see if there's an update to your drivers.
>

> In article <8ec801c3ea7c$9df884e0$a101280a@phx.gbl>,
> "rDeVost" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm running Excel X. The thinnest available cell border
>> won't print. I've tried two different printers. The thicker
>> borders will print but look less than appealing on screen.
>> Has anyone else come across this problem?

0
rdevost (2)
2/3/2004 8:01:47 PM
Have you tried playing with the print quality or graphic quality

It does seem to work in a new document but not from an old one created on a
PC.

in article olark.112hgh@excelforum-nospam.com, olark > at
<olark.112hgh@excelforum-nospam.com wrote on 2/3/04 3:18 PM:

> Have you tried playing with the print quality or graphic quality?
>
> ---

rdevost (2)

Printing Problems
When printing calendar event or a note Outlook fail with an error. The printers work fine with emails. Does any one have a suggestion on how to correct this problem? Thanks, Steve ...

If any cell in a range is blank question
Hello. I have two sheets in a workbook. One is a Summary sheet, and the next is titled "Bldg 5". What I am trying to make sure is that the range A1:K20 on the Bldg 5 sheet has had data entered to them (ie, they are not blank). The question that corresponds to Summary sheet A1 is "Has the data for Bldg 5 been updated?" If ANY blank in Bldg 5's range A1: K20, then put a "NO" in Summary A1's cell. If ALL of the Bldg 5 range had data in it, then put a "YES" in Summary A1. I also need A1 to update as data is entered into the Bldg 5 range (a...

Splitting a cell that has word wrap as the delimiter
Hi - I have an excel cell that has name on one line, then alt+enter, address on the next line, then alt+enter, state on the next line, etc... I want to split them - I tried using Data Text to Columns, but I can't figure out to use the Alt+enter as the delimiter. Any ideas? Check other and place the cursor in the box, hold down Alt while typing 010 on the numpad, release the Alt key -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Leslie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074301c3c3f9$59b12340$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi - > > I have an excel cell that ...

Changing color of a range of cells dending up on a value in anothr
Hi, I need to change the color of a range of cell, depending up on the value in another cell. I am using Excel 2003. And it allows me to give only 3 conditions when using conditional format. But I have 7 differnt conditions. Thanks in advance for any help. Srajes. Unless you move to XL2007, you will need to use VBA. Here are some sites that will help http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/excel-conditional-formatting-limit.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm Alternatively, there is an add-in here http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html -- Steve "Srajes&qu...

reports that print after the stock count
Hello: To the best of my knowledge, the only report that automatically prints at the end of a stock count is the exceptions report. A client claimed that, during last month's stock count, a "quantity report" of some sort automatically printed. They conducted a stock count this month and were surprised not to see this "quantity report" automatically print. I don't think that there is a such thing as a "quantity report" printed after a stock count. Is there? I advised the client to print the Historical Stock Status Report, since this other report...

Is there a keyboard shortcut for print preview?
Is there a keyboard shortcut for print preview in Excel and Word 2003? I get fed up with having to keep clicking on that little toolbar icon!!!!! Regards Mike Hi Mike, You can always use the underlined letters from the menu Alt+F, v as in File, Preview I don't think there is a keyboard shortcut for Print Preview other than that. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/ex...

Text Box Linked To Cell
My goal is to have a text box that displays the contents of a particular cell. How do I link the text box to the cell? Thanks, Denise Hi denise, Make a Text Box from the drawing toolbar. Select the box and in the Formula Bar, type = and then select the cell, press enter. ( IE: =$C$5 ) The cell can also be on a different sheet, just do the same. ( IE: =Sheet2!C5 ) Dave denise Wrote: > My goal is to have a text box that displays the contents of a > particular > cell. How do I link the text box to the cell? > > Thanks, > Denise -- Piranha --------------------------...

Purchase Order Printing
I'm trying to print a modified POP Purchase Order Blank Form to a printer and all that comes out are blank sheets. If I print to screen, I see the report as it should be. As soon as I send it to the printer, I just get blank sheets. The report works correctly on other computers, and I tried re-importing the report on the messed up computer, but it did not resolve the issue. If I just print a blank POP Purchase Order Blank Form to a printer, it prints fine...with X's in every available space in the form. I'm out of ideas, let me know what I can try. Thanks. ...

print folder in table style
Hello all, My CU wants to print a list of files in a folder. He use Outlook 2002. Click Other Shortcuts -> My computer -> choose a folder -> Click the print icon on toolbar -> choose Table Style -> print preview The header and footer can be printed properly. However the content is blank. I mean: there is no file in the list. I can print properly at my side. However at the CU side, there are 2000 users encounter the same problem. And there are four kinds of printer. All have this problem. Any suggestion? Thanks! ...

Slow print preveiw Excel 2003 SP3
Intermittenly when I click on print preview, it is as if Excel is hanging, it takes a long time before the print preview appears on the screen. Also when I click on "setup" on the print preview screen the same thing happens. Any help will be appreciated. If you change to a different printer, do you have the same problem? If no, then I'd visit the printer's web site and look for newer versions of the printer driver. Gabriel van Rensburg wrote: > > Intermittenly when I click on print preview, it is as if Excel is hanging, it > takes a long time before the print ...

Truncated Merged Cells
Actually, I have truly MERGED cells that contain LINKS to other workbooks. The merged cells were created exactly as you described and the data within them (text) comes from several other workbooks, with the appropriate references. We created them in 95 and later converted them to 97. We can use them in Excel XP but they lose the data that would be displayed on 2002 and 2003. Have not tried 2000 yet. Thanks for the help. We are very concerned about this problem. Our workbooks are complex with many links. Elsa I only have the ideas that I already posted. And you can find posts in goog...

Is there a way to Sort Data by font color or cell shading?
I have a long list of items that I sort by either item number or date depending on what I'm looking for. From time to time these items status will change and I will gray them out by just shading the background of the cell gray. Is there a way I can sort these items by the background/shading of the cell first and then the secondary sort be date? So all the cells which contain gray shading will be first in the list (sorted by date if possible) then the rest of the list without the gray shading will follow by date as well. Thanks. Take a look at this link: http://www.cpearson.c...

Cell identity when printing comments on separate page

Printing Font color
Can anyone tell me how to print normal text in a color other than black? Have tried all types of fill for text (both black and gray) and still always prints BLACK. Ellen this would be an issue of your printer driver - not Publisher. The issue you describe is unknown in Publisher. However, we can get to the bottom of it for you. What version of Windows and Publisher are you using? Is this 'normal text' in a Text Frame or WordArt? What brand and model of printer are you using? -- ...

2 panel brochure printing in publisher
I am trying to print a 2 panel brochure in publisher and when I print preview everything fits but when it prints pages 1, & 3 get cut off. I would like all the pages to fit and print so the pages are aligned when folded. its an 8x11 normal sheet. I don't know which margins to use to make it print correctly. Please help! Have you setup your brochure as a booklet? Do you know your printers margin limitations? A tutorial is here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Dominikin" <Dominikin@d...

Print Preview
I have posted an excel spreadsheet that colleagues access through Internet Explorer. When the spreadsheet is accessed the print preview command is no longer on the menu, BUT print preview is available in Excel and Internet Explorer normally. I have right clicked the toolbar and the option is just not available. Help!! Stewart Walker MOS Excel Expert (not that good though!) Do you mean that you right clicked the toolbar, chose Customize and then under command tab chose categories, file and the icon was missing from the command list? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.co...

Assigning a color to a cell
I saw some other post about kind of the same problem but not this way. I have a risk evaluation formula in a cell. Output range is between 1 and 9 If between 1 and 3, I want to assign the color lightgreen to it If between 4 and 6 I want to assign the color yellow to it and red if 7 to 9. Is this possible within the Function use ? If not, How can I apply that automatically ? a macro ? How ? TIA Hi See menu Format > Conditional format. It has a very helpful wizard. (Remember to consider what should happen at exact numbers 3, 6, 9.) HTH. Best wishes Harald "Junkyard Engineer&qu...

Inserting an image into a cell
Is there any way to insert an image (or a series of images) into a cell rather than onto a worksheet? Many thanks hi unless they have changed something in 2007, about the only way you can do that is insert it as a comment. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture Regards FSt1 "Trent SC" wrote: > Is there any way to insert an image (or a series of images) into a cell > rather than onto a worksheet? > > Many thanks > > > Hi, Not into the cell but maybe you could use the comment to hold your image. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments0...

Running macros for different cells at the same time
Hi all, Is it possible to run different macros on different cells at the sam time? If so how do I go about setting it up? Cheers Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not really sure what you're trying to do. Could you give an example? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi all, > > Is it possible to run different macros on different cells at the same > time? If so how do I go about setting it up? > > Cheers > > Michael > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Yes it is possible to run different m...

Print a letter from a workflow
Hi, Is it possible to run a workflow that would print a letter. In other words when an accout is created (with certain conditions), letter a is sent t the printer. then wait 2 months then letter b is sent then wait 2 months then letter c is sent. All of these letters would need to be a template (ie with name address tags) Thanks in advance On Dec 8, 7:01=A0pm, Tango <Ta...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to run a workflow that would print a letter. > > In other words when an accout is created (with certain conditions), lette= r a > is ...

Print part of contact list
I have a list of contacts. This contains their names and addresses, phone numbers, etc. I want to print out just their names in one long list. I can't see how to exclude the addresses, etc from this list. Can anyone help here? Thanks Rob Graham Use a mail merge. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Rob graham" <rttgrahamwow@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:X_WdnbHs0L8HlrLbnZ2dnUVZ8vydnZ2d@bt.com... >I have a list of contacts. This contains their names and addresses, phone >numbers, etc. I want to print out just their names in one long list. I >can'...

Word Wrap in Cells
Hiya, Have a strange one. Have word wrap set to on in cell format and have text in paragraphs (using alt-ret) within the cell. Some sentences (all within the same cell)are wrapped but others aren't. Any ideas? New one on me this. Many thanks, Shaun Hi if you have lots of text in your cell (>1000 characters) this could happen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1103641104.32476.1@demeter.uk.clara.net... > Hiya, > > Have a strange one. Have word wrap set to on in cell format and ha...

Using VBA to Print PDF Files
Hi: My customer has PDF spec sheets for their inventory items. When a pick ticket is printed, they wish to print the PDF spec sheets for each item on the pick tickets. I am very comfortable with the report event structure and know exactly how to get to the PDF files using VBA, but I am having a problem getting the docs printed. I've taken two approaches: 1. Drop ACROPDF.dll onto a User Form in the VBA project. To do this, I created a procedure on the form as shown: Public Sub PrintPDF(FileName As String) AcroPDF1.LoadFile (FileName) AcroPDF1.printAll PDFPrinter.Hide End Sub T...

Splitting multiple cell contents from 1st column into 4 columns
n my first column I have 4 cells (1-4) (5-8) etc. with general content. The content from each of these 4 cells needs to be placed in a separate column to make a list that I can sort etc. Example: COLUMN A 1 01-04-425-001 2 Heatherridge Road #301 3 Harry Smith 4 H25 Condo Fairfax Place 5 01-05-356-041 6 McGrath Street # 56 7 Mary Jones 8 B45 Condo Lemon Circle . . . . . . and so on and so on every 4 cells. I have hundreds of 4 cell descriptions. I just can't do this one by one. Can anyone help, PLEASE, PLEASE. I am really a novice at Excel though I use it for e...

Publisher 2002 weird printing problem
Hi I have a weird problem when printing from Publisher 2002 to my Epson 1290 printer. Every time I print a document I get a blot of black ink printed out at the bottom of the page. It varies in size but it completely ruins the document printed. This only happens with Publisher and never with any other program, and I do a lot of printing in other programs so it makes me think its a publisher problem and not an Epson problem. Any ideas what could be causing this? Many Thanks Greg Publisher doesn't leave blots of ink on a Publication. I tried to find your printer on the Epson sit...