Cant open files

Recently Excel quit opening files I double click in file
manager/Windows Explorer.  It also won't open files I get
sent to me via e-mail.

Excel launches and then says ready but never opens the
file.

If I use the File--Open feature it works but that is a
royal pain.

I have Windows XP and Office 2000 running on a HP 5200
Laptop.

It worked for some time, then quit.  Uninstalling Office
and re-installing doesn't fix the problem.

Ideas?

Thanks
0
dtfb (1)

Compressing xml file
I am using sharpziplib ti compress & zip an XML file. But the compression ration is very bad for this utility compared to that i do with winzip. Any idea how to integrate winzip with our VB.net application to compress xml files. Or is there any other utility to do the kob Devesh "Devesh Aggarwal" <solutions@unieme.com> schreef in bericht news:#TwLpW8kDHA.1708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am using sharpziplib ti compress & zip an XML file. But the compression > ration is very bad for this utility compared to that i do with winzip. Any > idea how to integrate...

Outlook crashes before opening with error MSSchedule+
Cannot open Outlook, it comes up with the statemment "unable to switch to Microsoft Schedule+ as your primary calendar. when you hit ok, Outlook tries to load then it crashes with a Microsoft Error box. end of story. HELP! thanks. ...

Publisher 2000 file keeps closing when I try to work in upper lef.
Every time I try to open a text box, insert a picture or resize anything in the upper left hand portion of page 1 on my 4-page publication, the program closes and Microsoft Error Reporting comes up. This happened to me in another document, so i started all over again in this new one. Any ideas? I have installed all my applicable updates... Any chance you'd send it to me to take a look at it? If so, send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy~Lynne" <Amy~Lynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E12002-...

Computer won't read files.
When we try to open files in Excel or Word the computer tells us that the file can't be read or it is unavaileable. Dose anybody know why we can't retrieve our files? Thank You, Gaile Storm Hi Gaile it might help if you let us know: -your operating system -version of excel & word you have installed, including service packs (found under help / about) - whether this is a new problem - whether you can create files in these programs - if you can create and save can you then open & view these files? and anything else that may impact on using these files. Cheers JulieD "...

I can send but I cant receive email?
I can send but I cant receive email? any suggestions? My car won't run. Any suggestions? "sara jo" <sara jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA72D41A-47C8-4A48-A61C-59C5286FD898@microsoft.com... :I can send but I cant receive email? any suggestions? sara jo wrote: > I can send but I cant receive email? any suggestions? You really thought anyone could troubleshoot your problem with such a ridiculous absence of details? --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER than yourse...

Writing XML File from Dataset
Read many of the posting but still doen't understand the process. I have a dataset with child records. I have a specific XML "Account.XSD" format that I need to write this out to. How do I marry these (2) items to create the output file. Dim dataSet As DataSet = New DataSet("AccountRecord") PremisesAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "Premises") SupAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "Supplemental") cn.Close() Dim AccountRecord As DataRelation = dataSet.Relations.Add("Prem_Species", _ data...

Example using MFC WinInet classes with POST of FILE and other INPUT data
I am looking for a good example for POSTing both FILE and other INPUT data to a URL. I understand that the FILE must use a multi-part encoding but I do not understand how the atcual file contents get POSTed or how the INPUT data gets POSTed also. I am guessing the INPUT data can be added as part of the query parameters to the URL. ...

Microsoft Excel ASC II Text Files
How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of file in order to import to another program such as "MaiList & AddressBook" Hi Bill try saving as 'CSV' file in the Save As dialog. This is a comma separated text (ASCII) file HTH Frank Bill Cadwallader wrote: > How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of > file in order to import to another program such > as "MaiList & AddressBook" ...

PDF file

Can't open spreadsheet from website
I can't open an Excel 2000 document in IE6. An Excel window opens but the spreadsheet won't display. The document contains several worksheets and one contains a textbox (which might be a problem). I need to be able to view, from this website, 22 worksheets per catagory with 4 catagories total. Help!!! ...

Excel Services Publish
I have a 64 bit client (Windows Server 2008) and my colleague has Windows 7 64 bit client. We are trying to publish an Excel 2007 document to MOSS, which is running under https, and is sitting on a 64 bit operating system. We keep getting the "File Not Saved" error when we try to publish from our clients. However, a 3rd colleague has Windows XP 32 bit and can publish the same exact Excel files just fine up to the very same MOSS location we tried on the 64 bit clients. Can someone from MSFT confirm that this is an issue with 64 bit clients? Can you present a solut...

Retrieving a File
I need to set up a procedure to automatically retrieve a file(s) and send to a printer at a specified time (6:45) everyday. I'm not that familiar with VBA and have no idea where to start. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction to start this. Thanks! Tammy for starters try this Sub PrintFile() Workbooks.Open FileName:="C:\Temp\Test FILE.xls" ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True Application.OnTime TimeValue("06:45:00"), "PrintFile", TimeValue("06:45:10"), True End Sub --- Message posted from http://www...

cannot open attachments when sent to a group
Hi, has anyone had the following problem, and any hints on how to fix? I have a user who sends a word document to 12 people (in 12 different locations/businesses) 10 of them can open the document - 2 cannot. If the document is sent to the 2 seperately (not as part of a group e-mail) they CAN open it. Does anyone have a solution? Many thanks Paul ...

previewing windows files in Outlook
Is there a way to preview or auto preview Windows documents using Outlook? I have placed shortcuts to various windows folders on my Outlook bar. When I open the folders in Outlook, there is no AutoPreview or preview pane feature. I would like to view these files in Outlook without having to open each file. I use Outlook 2000. Peter Henderson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to preview or auto preview Windows > documents using Outlook? I have placed shortcuts to > various windows folders on my Outlook bar. When I open > the folders in...

When Excel Opens it Starts with Book2
Anyone know why excel would open to book2 and not book1. Hi Tracey! This means that a file with the Book1 name has already been saved. Find it using Start > Search > For Files and Folders Check the contents and either rename or delete. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. ...

WordArt from Publisher 2000 file ti Publisher 2003
I have two files created in Publisher 2000 - when opened in Publisher 2003 the size of the WordArt is totall skewed - most much larger than in the original document. This is the second document this has happened on - is there something I'm missing? I thought I could go from 2000 to 2003, just not the other way around? The WordArt in 2003 and 2000 are very different. You can download the old WordArt utility and use it with 2003. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=&freetext=wordart&DisplayLang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...

you do not have credentials that allow you to open this document
When i open a existing .doc document.It shows message "like you do not have credentials that allow you to open this document.Do You want to open it using a different set of credentials? " i can't able to open any .doc document ...

link a stencil to a visio file?
hi all, I'm new to Visio, hope not to get laughed at! So here I go: I'm creating a Word doc where I have to link to a Visio drawing. Since the doc is a template for future filling, I don't want to "show" the empty visio drawing on the doc, but just "show" an icon which links to it. OK, so far everything's fine, I double click on it and it opens (clap! clap!) :-). The thing is I have created a new custom stencil, a very simple one so those who are going to fill the template don't have to mess too much with visio, just drag and drop some of these 1...

How to open multiple cases
Does anyone know if there's a way to open a case for several companies at one time? I've got a situation where I need to deploy a service bullitin for serveral companies. The title, description, etc.. are all the same. Thanks. Hmmm. Do you really need to open cases at first? If it's just a bulletin, then maybe you create a campaign to notify the appropriate customers, and then track the responses against the campaign. -- Microsoft Certified Professional - Dynamics CRM http://www.bturnkey.com "Coco" wrote: > Does anyone know if there's a way to open a ca...

Excel file won't open because it' a read only file when it is not
When I try to open a file I just had open, the following message appears - Cannot access read-only document "name of file" File properties do not have the read-only box ticked. Maybe: http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly or http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Both from Debra Dalgleish's site. IanB wrote: > > When I try to open a file I just had open, the following message appears - > Cannot access read-only document "name of file" > File properties do not have the read-only box ticked. -- Dave Peterson ...

Opening a blank form
Hi guys, I created a form to consult data, the record source is a query that gather information from different tables, the problem is when I open the form it shows data already, I want a blank form when it opens, I already tried including DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRecord in the open from event, but I get “You can go to the specified record”, if I go to the query I can’t modify the data or add a new record that is why the acNewRecord is not working. I’ll really appreciate any help Thanks Maracay wrote: >I created a form to consult data, the record source is a query ...

New personal finance resource website open #2
--_NextPart_00009772-00002116-10DD2067-6005 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit New Personal Finance Resource Website Open http://www.your-personal-finances.com/ - Free articles and information on personal finance --_NextPart_00009772-00002116-10DD2067-6005-- *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com *** ...

Duplicate .pst files #3
How do I get rid of a extra .pst file for Microsoft Outlook 2000? My operating system is Microsoft Windows Professional 2000. My company does not have Microsoft Exchange. We use Novell as a server. Somehow I ended up with two .pst folders: The Outlook Today, and one that is named "Personal Folders". I can't close it the Personal Folders; if I try to close it, I get the error; "The operation failed, the object could not be found". It gives me the same message when I go into the personal properties, advanced section. I went into mail icon in the Contacts folder, but i...

Not able to open .xls outside of excel (via Explorer or Outlook attachment)
After upgrading to MS Outlook 2003.....when I find my .xls on my hard-drive using Windows Explorer & then double-click on the file....Excel opens, but does not populate with the desired file. Similar situation with an .xls file attached to an email (even one I sent), I double-click on the attached file's icon & Excel starts, but I get an error on Outlook that the file could not be located. I can then go to Excel/File/Open & choose the file & it opens with no problems. Word .doc files, .pdf's etc. open normally from outside their programs. I have cleared & ...

creating a template that cant be edited?
Hi people, I am having trouble putting our logo and address behind the body of the letter. It works fine if i insert them into headers and footers but the problem is the turn into water marks when i go back to page view. I dont ant them as watermarks. Any ideas?? They only look like watermarks--all text in headers/footers is faded out in page view, and there's nothing you can do about it. They will print out fine. On 10/7/04 4:07 AM, "sublimesoul" wrote: > Hi people, > > I am having trouble putting our logo and address behind the body of the > letter. &...