cannot view all of text in large cell, even though I have it to w.

I have cell format to wrap text and it works fine to a p[oint then no more
text is displayed....casn increase the size of the cell, but still only so
much will display....rest of the cell show blank.
0
sydme (1)

Hi
+the limit is 1024 characters. You can extend this with manually inserting
linebrekas using aLT+ENTER

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

sydme wrote:
> I have cell format to wrap text and it works fine to a p[oint then no
> more text is displayed....casn increase the size of the cell, but
> still only so much will display....rest of the cell show blank.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Conditional Formatting
I have a row of cells that calculate the totals for their columns but I force to be blank via IF statements until certain conditions are met. Once these conditions are met, the total appears. I'd like to also highlight these total cells via conditional formatting. My conditional formatting input is simply "If Cell is Greater than 0, format". For some reason all the cells format as though they are all > 0 yet they don't display anything. Are there some internal rules that specifiy when a cell is really 0? Is there another way to do this that won't care what the for...

Reference cell contents
I am working on a spreadsheet that contains various comments from various sources. I would like take these comments and divide them into different workbooks by each source. For example Source 1 = comments in cell C5, C8, & C10 Is there a way to do that in Excel? ...

Hotkeys for text & background coloring
Hi. Does anyone know the hotkeys for text coloring (font color) & background coloring (fill color)? Eg: First you need to select the font color & fill color in the related toolbar incons. - When I highlight "I am great", then press "Ctrl+O" for example, the text will be colored as what it's displayed in the "font color" toolbr icon. - The simliar way applies to background coloring If the above is not available, any workaround is still apreciated. -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP You could use a sma...

Export Access Record to Specific Cells in Excel
I'm looking for suggestions on how to export data from an Access table or Query into specific cells of a Worksheet. The table I'm importing will always contain a single record only. For example, I'd like to export data from Field1, field2...etc in an access table to Sheet2!A3, Sheet2!B3...etc. Any sugestions would be most appreciative. ...

Can't display all text in cell
I'm trying to display text in a cell. I've got Wrap Text on, and I hav several paragraphs of text. All of it appears in the formula bar, bu not in the cell displayed on the screen. And yes, I increased the ro height, but it still doesn't show. Any ideas? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am having the same problem. Apparantly there is a 1024 character limitation per cel in excel. The only advice I have received so far, which does work, is to press alt+enter to create a line break. If you find another work around, I would be interested. Hi besid...

Formatting Cells #13
If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and change when the contents of cell A changes, how do I do that? Acurran, =A1 ??? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Acurran" <Acurran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E800CB99-E6BA-4DF3-BCA0-445A89B2E8A8@microsoft.com... > If you want something from cell (A) to appear i...

Large attachments in draft
In spite of the mailbox limit we set, an user was able to save a draft with a very large attachment. The user cannot send and receive email anymore but "the over the limit" attachment is still placed in the mailstore. Does anyone known how I can prevent these problems. Kind regards BvdB On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:45:01 -0700, BvdB <BvdB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In spite of the mailbox limit we set, an user was able to save a draft with a >very large attachment. The user cannot send and receive email anymore but >"the over the limit" attachment i...

windows xp home op system viewing options
I've been running windows xp, home & pro, for some time now. In that system, pics that you have in your comp can be displayed in thumbnail form like a web page. My ancient monitor just blew up, and I FINALLY got a flat screen 20" monitor, but now the thumbs are MICROSCOPIC!! I've used the display settings to enhance the view to 150%, but it only affects text. Also, Explorer 8 has zoom features, but many of the programs, and my big want, the thumbnail pics are so tiny they're hurting my eyes to see them. Can we adjust the size of displayed files in the hard ...

Can't send large attachments
I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of outgoing attachments. My ISP has a 10mb limit but Outlook seems to balk at anything larger than 2mb. Anyone? -- Nadyne Nelson nadyne@prospectiveplanning.com Nadyne on MSN Messenger Cable/DSL or dialup? If Cable/DSL, are you behind a router (Linksys) that lets you share a single IP address with many computers? "Nadyne Nelson" <nadyne@verizon.net> wrote in message news:Sizgc.19499$G_.13360@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > > I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of ...

counting same text from different cells
Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. It will be really helpful if u could send me the solution thank you om Hi =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"p") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "om" <om@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:96B25715-6B88-40F8-8360-9602A05E3B30@microsoft.com... > Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in > excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. > > It will be rea...

pulling cell "value"
in the cell C4 i have the formula =now() and I have that cell formatted to custom mmmm so that it displays as January. I am now trying to write some VBA code to look at cell C4 and take the January and then do a vlookup on the array that i have named months. months is the cells D14:E25 column D has a list of the months and column E has a list of numbers that corresponds to these months. This is a custom list so I can not use the standard numbers that excel uses for the months. The vlookup in vba should take the January and find the number in col E that corresponds to it th...

Creating Equipment View
Hi We would like to create a view which lists all the equipment which has not been scheduled? I attempted to do this by using Advanced Find. We chose Facilities / Equipment, selected Activity Party and selected Activity (Service Activity). We then selected Scheduled End and chose Yesterday as the value. No records were displayed. Does anyone have a better idea as to how we can view this info. Thanks Hi Mark, Are you intetersted in custom solutions ?. If so please contac me to discuss. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Mark Braithwaite" wrote: > Hi > > We ...

Merge Cells, but keep backgrounds
In excell 2003 is there a way to merge cells so the text spans them all, but keep the current background of the cells (which are not all the same color)? No Try Center Across Selection and avoid merged cells whenever possible. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 30 May 2009 09:16:12 -0700 (PDT), "dan@danirwin.net" <dan@danirwin.net> wrote: >In excell 2003 is there a way to merge cells so the text spans them >all, but keep the current background of the cells (which are not all >the same color)? Is there a way to center across selection vertically or just horizonta...

How set totals of various cells with per colour fill value?
I have a sheet containing values as follows. April May June company 1 43 company 2 5 company 3 17 The cell values are also coured to indice a status. Somewhere beside the table I want to mention the totals of the cells, per status (so per colour). How to perform the latter? Thank you. Bart Excell 2003 See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html for a working solution -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Data Entry to a Cell Range
Can I set up a data entry form, so if every time I enter a value in a cell, it updates the next empty cell in a range? Thanks Lets assume that the form is used to update cell A1. We require that everytime A1 is updated the new value will be recorded in column B. Put the following event macro in the worksheet code area: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim A1 As Range, t As Range Set A1 = Range("A1") Set t = Target If Intersect(A1, t) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents = False n = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row...

Tasks - Monthly View
Outlook 2003, standalone computer. For some reason the rules don't function on my calendar view (month) of Tasks. Even the Default ones don't work. IE completed tasks should be strikethrough, and overdue ones in a different colour mine is supposed to be purple. But they all show as regular 8pt Tacoma. I did upgrade from Office XP a year or so ago. This is really frustrating because all my Tasks show up on the Calendar, even though I've completed some. Any suggestions? ...

Highlighting a cell
I would like to highlight a cell for data entry, but I do not want the color to print. Is there a way to acheive this in Excel 2000. Thanks Sandi <File>, <PageSetup>, <Sheet>tab, Under Print, check the "Black & White" box. HTH, RD ==================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so that all may benefit! ==================================================== "Sandi" <ssteines@abprocess.com> wrote in message news:00c601c376eb$2b9a9910$a301280a@phx.gbl... I would like to highlight a ce...

Hard return in wraptext cell?
Is there a way to place a hard return(carriage return) in a cell with wrap text format so as to align text in the way user wants rather than what excel places? Thanks Mark Sure. Where you want a new line just press Alt+Enter. To remove that just place the cursor at the end of the line before the new line and press Delete Tyro "MP" <NoSpam@Thanks.com> wrote in message news:OAFfO3vVIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to place a hard return(carriage return) in a cell with wrap > text format > so as to align text in the way user wants rather than wh...

Selecting Cells with Shift Key
When I am selecting cells in Excell, I use the shift key and the arrows on my keyboard. If I pause at all, the selection is lost when I continue with the selection. Why? Can anyone help me? If you have removed your finger from the shift key then Windows will think you are starting a new selection. Just be sure that you don't touch the arrows without the shift being held down. LWhite "Jaymndad" <Jaymndad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:961E850D-AFAD-444C-AB81-F4A609BCB3BA@microsoft.com... > When I am selecting cells in Excell, I use the shift key...

in MS EXCLE how we can protect only one cell?
plz do repl me soon Hi First select all of the cells in the Sheet>Format>Cells>Protection>remove the check mark form Locked. Next select the single cell you want to be locked>Format>Cells>protection>check Locked. Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet (optionally provide a password - remember to write it down somewhere of you do) -- Regards Roger Govier anu khan wrote: > plz do repl me soon EXCEL 2007 This assumes that you wish to protect cells D 83 to D 85. If you wish to protect just one cell replace D 83 to D 85 (below) with the cell ...

Control+Z was Undo, now Shrink. How to return to enlarged view?
"Control+Z" used to be Undo, now became shortcut for Shrink. How to return to enlarged view of my email text body, pls? Thank you. Gary garyfan@hughes.net This doesn't sound like an Outlook issue...sounds like another program is hijacking the traditional Windows shortcut keys. See if you can figure out which one...likely one you installed around the time this started happening. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Gary Fan&qu...

Negative Cell Format
I would like to know if a cell can be fomatted negative so that any subsequent entry appears as a negative number with out having to enter the minus sign. If you only want it to "appear" to be negative: Format/Cells/Number/Custom -General;-General;0;@ Note that positive values displayed with the leading minus sign will not be treated as negative in calculations. If you want to have the values automatically be negative, try this event macro (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) With Ta...

DrawText() and text orientation
Hi, I have owner draw fixed CMyTabCtrl derived from CTabCtrl. It has overriden DrawItem() and I tried to draw text on tabs with help of DrawText() or TextOut(). On my control I need vertical tabs but horizontal text on tabs. When I set vertical tabs in resource editor then in run-time all texts has vertical orientation on tabs which I dont want. How to change text orientation from vertical to horizontal with DrawText() or TextOut() ? Where is stored such property ? How to enlarge tab size in CMyTabCtrl ? (I need to have larger than standard tab sizes) Peter If you do it using GM_ADVA...

Page Breaks on cells
It pops up with putting a page break for every cell then when I am trying to reset them it tells me margins do fit and that it would take it to less than 10% minumum if I try to move them. Jo - Did you ever get an answer to this? I am having the same problem, and it is on a 30-tab workbook that I can't just re-created. I'm getting a page for every cell when I move the page breaks and they used to be fine! Help! :) "Jo Pratt" wrote: > It pops up with putting a page break for every cell then > when I am trying to reset them it tells me margins do fit > and...

date in a text cell
I need to show my date as 06-Dec-2005 in a text cell. Is it possible to have a regular date format in a text cell. Thanks If you format the cell as Text, then you'll have to type in what you want--exactly the way you want to see it. If you don't format it as text, you could type the date in anyway that's a date, then use a custom format of: dd-mmm-yyyy (format|cells|number tab|custom category) Dajana wrote: > > I need to show my date as 06-Dec-2005 in a text cell. Is it possible to have > a regular date format in a text cell. > > Thanks -- Dave Peterso...