Cannot print gridlines in worksheet even tho they show on screen

Print preview and printout do not show gridlines/cell borders.  Relative
selections are correctly made inPrint dialogue and in tools/options.  Borders
show on normal screen
0
papadip (1)

That just for a view. If you want to show the gridlines, then select all the
cells, or the part you want to print, click on Format > Cells > Border,
click on boxes for outline and inside

Mangesh

"papadip" <papadip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Print preview and printout do not show gridlines/cell borders.  Relative
> selections are correctly made inPrint dialogue and in tools/options.
Borders
> show on normal screen

Choose File>Page Setup
Select the Sheet tab
Add a check mark to Gridlines
Remove the check mark from 'Draft quality'
Click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
6/5/2005 12:29:38 PM
Also, you may want to look at:

Tools > Options > View Tab.  Enusre Gridlines is checked and possibly the
color is not set to white or some other color...

0
dnoel (171)

full screen
is there a way to get XL to start in full screen without having to use the menu? Application.WindowState = xlMaximized -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Tree*Rat" <tree.rat@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:Xns9B3D5163E2F70squirrelsaladgooglem@69.16.176.253... > is there a way to get XL to start in full screen without having to use the > menu? ...

Customizing Actiivty View to show more columns
Hi, I have already gratefully read those submissions regarding access the activity view via the 'hidden' view editor, but there are only a few columns which can be added to the view. I'm somewhat amazed that a fairly typical field such as Recipient or at least Regarding is not available. Does anyone know whether it is possible to edit the underlying view XML data to make these fields available to be added to the datagrid as a column? Any help would be fantastic. Cheers Chris Yes, it's possible in many cases (certainly for regarding). We've done it before. Email m...

Why printpreview shows graphics with text over & visaversa
I am using bookfold and when I printpreview it shows the graphics of some pages over the top of others. What can be causing this problem. I have rewritten and placed fresh graphics but it still happens Has anyone else found this problem? thanking you Do you have images in the scratch area? If so, pull them to above or below the publication. How many pages? Do you have images spanning pages? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "merlfitz" <merlfitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD80B80E...

BemaTECH MP-4000 TH with RMS
I have the BemaTECH MP-4000 TH printer and when I run a credit card transaction, it prints one long receipt. I then have to cut it or rip it in half in front of the customer. I have Microsoft RMS...any ideas of a way I can get it to separate between the signature portion of the receipt, and the sales receipt? I m not sure if they have opos drivers, why don't aske them if they opos driver or if they can use epson opos drivers instead. <jlshumway@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1961c8cc-7142-4387-a6c0-f0e34eb8dd62@a3g2000prm.googlegroups.com... > I have the BemaTECH MP-4000 T...

MSN Money Screen Prior to 8-01-04
Prior to 8-01-04 I was able to access my MSN Money screen and obtain all my investment portfolio and receive accurate information. However, after 8-01-04 the MSN Money screen was changed and now I am receiving inaccurate information together with an unfriendly update format screen that is hard to comprend. After making several attempts to contact various MS technical support reps including tech support reps from India(their English is hard to understand!) each one of them always refer me to another phone number or different web site. All I would like is to have the MSN Money screen th...

Some text shows in the formula bar but not in the cell.
To anyone who can help me: Occasionally I receive an Excel attachment with an e-mail were some of the text in some cells appear in the formula bar but not in the cell itself. Would greatly appreciate assitance . . . "George M." <George M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20CE2E58-492B-48A7-82B9-E60B6887F703@microsoft.com... > To anyone who can help me: Occasionally I receive an Excel attachment with > an > e-mail were some of the text in some cells appear in the formula bar but > not > in the cell itself. Would greatly appreciate assitance ...

Showing 0's in a group query
I have a group query that shows me the date and a count of all transactions that happened on that date. When there are no transactions for a particular date, it doesn't show me anything...as you would probably expect. However what I would like it to do is, if there are no entries for a date, show a zero instead. Is it possible? Duncs On Apr 27, 5:43=A0am, Duncs <true.kilted.s...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a group query that shows me the date and a count of all > transactions that happened on that date. =A0When there are no > transactions for a particular dat...

Printing all worksheets in a workbook using a duplex printer
Anyone have a problem printing all worksheets duplex in excel? dott I don't have a duplex printer so I use a macro for duplexing. What problems do you encounter? How are you selecting all worksheets for printing? File>Print>Entire Workbook or just selecting all sheets by right-click on a Tab and "select all sheets"? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:20:02 -0800, "dott" <dott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Anyone have a problem printing all worksheets duplex in excel? ...

Merge Worksheets #2
How do you merge worksheets within the same workbook? What do you mean by merge? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Douglas McDonald" <DouglasMcDonald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E089374E-B438-4EA1-AF96-AEA0D9BCB15C@microsoft.com... > How do you merge worksheets within the same workbook? I have the same "Header Infomation" on each tab of my workbook, I would like to put all of the information on each tab on one tab,within the same workbook, or new workbook. "Anne Troy" wrote: > What do you mean by merge? >...

Why Range name not showing in list
I have been studying creating range names in VBA. I have two procedures that work (shown below.) When the first example is run, the range name does not display in the toolbars Name Box but the second one does. I don't understand why and if I create the name using the first method, how can I get it to show up in the Name box list? 1st Example ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="ListTbl", _ RefersTo:="=Offset(Sheet2!$A:$A,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet!$A:$A),4)" 2nd Example ‘ Sheets("ListTbl").Activate ' ' With ActiveWorkbook...

ActiveX controls and printing
I’m using a form with an ActiveX control (Autodesk’s DWG TrueView) to view AutoCAD drawings. I can print the drawings directly from my database by right clicking on the ActiveX control, then selecting File – Plot. This opens TrueView’s “print dialog” (not sure if that’s the correct term) so that I can select the printer, paper size, and plot area. Is there a way to automate this so I can just click a command button? If someone could point me in the right direction I’d really appreciate it. Thanks. Your control exposes a method, probably named Plot. You can easily see what Methods ...

Excel 2K: Print of multiple copies is very slow
Hello we have a problem in our company with printing from Excel 2000 to Laserjet 2300 (local). If we print one Word-document 20 times, that takes very fast. If we print one Excel-document (one page) 20 times, the first 13 pages are getting printed very fast too, but for each of the last 7 pages it takes about 5 seconds. -We tried PCL6, PCL5 and PS-drivers. We tried other drivers from Microsoft (ie LJ2100). -There are no pictures of complex data in the Excel-Sheet, it's very simple -We increased the LJ2300-memory from 32MB to 160MB -We tested with Parallel- and USB-cable --> always th...

Updated Transaction Not Showing Proper Patee
When I make a payment to my credit card and I update, Money shows the Payee as the name of my other credit card. The transaction is fine online at my bank's web site and Money puts the transaction to the proper account. It appears Money isn't putting the proper info in the Payee field. I posted this question before but the reply was extremely confusing and I couldn't make heads or tails of it so I didn't follow-up on it. Any help will be appreciated, James ...

Excel 2000
In Excel 2000, How do I configure printing a number of copies by default I'm sure there is an option - Just can't find it.. Thanks! ...

New word docs open randomly when I print or save existing doc

Where are the screen beans?
In the PC versions of Office the screen beans are part of the clipart file on the computer. They seem to hve walked off the MAC version. Anyone know if they are a part of Office 2004 or if I have to use the awfully cumbersome onliine method? If so, anyway to download all the beans as they are just what I need for a little presentation. Thanks! They cut some stuff from the CD--they can be copied off the Office X or Office 98 CD, if you know anyone with them. I'll drop you a personal email to make sure you get this message. Daiya knipot wrote: > In the PC versions of Office the scre...

Email individual worksheets?
Hi! I am preparing to send out a sales report via email (not outlook). The worksheets are labeled by month. I want to send out only the worksheet labeled "NOV 08" because it is not necessary for the email recipient to see all the other months. IS IT POSSIBLE to send just one worksheet in a workbook? If so, how so? Thanks! "Flambe" <Flambe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E045E97F-06DA-48C9-B4C4-813D59ACEB90@microsoft.com... > Hi! I am preparing to send out a sales report via email (not outlook). The > worksheets are labeled by month. I wan...

Color of HTML Signature not showing
Hi all, Initially I have met with the foreign character problem in HTML signature. Read http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&mid=3bfc46ba-1209-4a53-94db-7bf489142281&sloc=en-us and the problem was solved.. by saving the HTML file in ANSI format. However, when the file is in ANSI format, the foreign character does not appear but the font, supposedly red, turned out black. when the file is saved in UTF-8, the color is correct, but with the foreign character appearing. Anybody to enlig...

unwan ted boxes on screen
I get twoboxes coming up automatically most times I switch on the computer. I can't close them, though they can be minimised. I don't want them to appear at all. ONe is windows Live Mesenger, inviting me to do something or other. I haven't done anything and don't want to use the service at the moment. The other is telling me a drive needs installing for memory sticks and they won't work without my doing so. They work perfectly. If I tick the install box it tells me there's an error and it can't do it. If I tick the don't show me this message ag...

Colour gradient won't print
I've recently installed Publisher 2003 and am having a great time with it. I'm in the process of putting a trifold together and have included a background box with a colour gradient in it. It looks great on my monitor but when I print it, it's a solid colour. I've successfully printed colour gradients before so what's happening? Robin Robin Cowdrey <cowdreyrNOSPAM@telusplanet.net> was very recently heard to utter: > I've recently installed Publisher 2003 and am having a great time > with it. I'm in the process of putting a trifold together and ...

Link will Not print
hello, I have a table that was made into a report. one of the fields is an ole object with the purpose of uploading excel charts. in the report I would like the chart to print as a page. Currentlly the link is showing only on page two but not the chart. How can this be fixed thanks la -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200710/1 ...

Pierce a cel so that formula is on all worksheets in a workbook
Any one know how to write a formula in a cell that stays on sheet1, and have all other worksheets use that formula to compute values for the same range except use the value range of its own worksheet? When you update the formula on sheet1 the other sheets reflect the change. Select all sheets by clicking on the tabs while holding <cntrl> button (the tabs will become white) when you enter the formula and when you edit the formula. Regards Bill K "Dirkasaurus" <daweber@plus4architects.com> wrote in message news:3f43d1a5$1@news.splitrock.net... > Any one know how to wr...

My New NG post never get there, but they show in "Sent"
Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show up in my sent folder. I wonder if it has anything to do with me changing from OE to Outlook for my email. Your help is appreciated............Peter Nothing to do with OL, OE is the default newsreader, though it may be accessed within OL or IE. I do see a post in this ng from you, dated 2nd "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message news:q9udnYzlyfK8ILDfRVn-sQ@omsoft.com... > Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show > up in my sent folder. I wonder if it...

getting a desktop alert even tho' it's turned off!
I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP pro. I have the Desktop Alerts option turned OFF. However, when I get an email from a particular junk-email sender (info@advertising4you.com), I get a desktop alert that comes up! How can this be happening? It is the only desktop alert that ever comes up. Just to be clear, I'm talking about the new alert that comes up and can be set to be transparent, *not* an alert action or window set off by a rule. I do have a rule for this sender, but the rule is set to simply delete the email, and nothing else. Anyone know how I can stop this from happening? (...

Copy data into a NEW worksheet
I have a workbook that the user runs one macro that imports a txt file to one of the worksheets, then another macro that imports data to another worksheet. There is some various math etc going on, but what I would like to do is in a 3rd worksheet have the text and data be combined into a document that I can print as a single page. I can not figure out how sum or copy the exact data in a cell range? Thanks in advance for any assistance. Krefty You don't provide enough detail of what you have and what you want to have for someone to know what to help you with. If you wish, s...