cannot open excel documents via my computer

Can open doc's via excel icon, but not via windows explorer. Re-installed
excel (office 2k)
0
PJC118 (1)

PJC

Try the usual fix(es) for this problem.

Tools>Options>General  uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
Exit Excel and try again

If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK.
2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.
See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:23:06 -0800, PJC118 <PJC118@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Can open doc's via excel icon, but not via windows explorer. Re-installed
>excel (office 2k)

0
Gord

number rounding in MS Excel

open two different Access reports

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Filters in Excel 2003

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

opening .pst archives

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

opening a .docx with word 2004

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...

Macro

Excel fun patch

Excel 2003

Need macro help to close excel