cannot get colums to add up correctly

Hi,
I am trying to add up a column of numbers in �GBP, some are whole numbers ie
�12.00 and some are fractional �1.36. Firstly some of the numbers do not
input correctly ie �12.00 will appear like this �12.00 but �3.00 appears
like this �3 without the .00. Secondly when I highlight the whole column and
press autosum, the total is rounded up to a whole number when clearly it
isn't correct. How do I correct these features?

0
noanswer (88)

Hi
try formating your cells with two decimals. Goto 'Format - Cells'.
Choose 'Number' and select your decimals

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

headtheball wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to add up a column of numbers in �GBP, some are whole
> numbers ie �12.00 and some are fractional �1.36. Firstly some of the
> numbers do not input correctly ie �12.00 will appear like this �12.00
> but �3.00 appears like this �3 without the .00. Secondly when I
> highlight the whole column and press autosum, the total is rounded up
> to a whole number when clearly it isn't correct. How do I correct
> these features?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
2/16/2004 10:27:08 AM
Thanks Frank, easy when you know how
> Hi
> try formating your cells with two decimals. Goto 'Format - Cells'.
> Choose 'Number' and select your decimals
>

> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> headtheball wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am trying to add up a column of numbers in �GBP, some are whole
> > numbers ie �12.00 and some are fractional �1.36. Firstly some of the
> > numbers do not input correctly ie �12.00 will appear like this �12.00
> > but �3.00 appears like this �3 without the .00. Secondly when I
> > highlight the whole column and press autosum, the total is rounded up
> > to a whole number when clearly it isn't correct. How do I correct
> > these features?

0
noanswer (88)

Help getting SheetName into a cell
I need to refer to the sheet name in a formula and can't figure out how to do it. I can't find a Function which will do this. I did discover ActiveSheet.Name but I have been unsuccessful in getting it work in a function. Specifically I have sheets named "1.a" , "1.b" , "1.c" . . . "99.a" , "99.b" , "99.c" and need to get these names into cell C3 of each sheet. The sheets may not be in order and there may be missing sheets. Thanks in advance for any help. Omar Hi You could put somthing like this in a macro or attatch ...

Self-Made Combo Boxes not working correctly...
Okay all.. Here's my deal... I have tried and tried and tried to get these to work... I'm going to post what I have done, and what I am trying to do, and see if someone can help me figure crap out... tblBuilding - PK is BuildingIDNum - Autonumber tblBuildingZones - FK is BuildingIDNum via SELECT DISTINCTROW Building.BuildingIDNum, Building.Name FROM Building ORDER BY Building.BuildingIDNum; cboBuilding - This has Building 1, Building 2, etc. The field displaying this info is "Name" in tblBuilding. cboBuildingZones - This has different "zones" for Building 1,...

Get CtrlID from Msg info at WM_LBUTTONUP
Hi all, We can get CtrlID from msg info at WM_LBUTTONUP event? In Msg info, we can get Handle of Ctrl, but i dn't know how to get CtrlID. any one know, please me know, thanks very much. Used function below, it works int GetCtrlID(HWND hWnd) { CWnd* pChild = CWnd::FromHandle( hWnd ); pChild->FromHandle(hWnd); return pChild->GetDlgCtrlID(); } "James Duy Trinh" <vietdoor@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ORP3U3MLIHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > We can get CtrlID from msg info at WM_LBUTTONUP event? In Msg info, we can > get Handle...

How to add another user's Contacts folder to my Address Book?
Background: Exchange 2003 Server w/ Outlook 2000/2003 clients. I can add any Contacts folders in my mailbox to my Address Book by going into the Properties of the folder and checking "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" on the "Outlook Address Book" tab. However, if I have another user's mailbox (to which I have full permission) in my Folder List, I do not have this option in any of their Contacts folders. How do I add another user's Contacts folder, displayed in my Folder List, to my Address Book? TIA, roshan After a bit of research on SlipStick.com...

sending to group gets "sending reported error 0x80040610"
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported error (0x80040610) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040610' This person sent an email to a distribution group we have set up. It seems that everyone got it but the error came to her like that. Any ideas? Bryce. Does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885917 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:46119f2c$0$503$815e3792@news.qwest.net... > Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported e...

Office 2004 Project Gallery
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3184399017_17854679 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit In the main screen of the Office 2004 Project Gallery, there are icons for things like �Mail Message� and �Calendar Event�. How can I add, for example, �Address Book Entry� or �Task� to the Project Gallery? --B_3184399017_17854679 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML...

Add a new code macro
I have workbook that I am trying to use with a macro form another post on this form. It inserts a new row with the formulas and contents of the selected row. The problem is that it copies the row below the one selected, and because of this, I can not make a copy of row 2 below the column headers. Any ideas? Thanks. Here is the code: '/=======Start of Code==========================/ Sub InsertRowsAndFillFormulas() 'adds desired # of lines below the current line and ' copies the formulas to that/those lines 'added selection of more than one worksheet ' - Gary L. Brown &#...

I can add an extra calendar, but can't share it??
At my workplace we have a dozen of calendars for the rooms we use, like: - Meeting room1 - Meeting room2 - Jobcar1 - Jobcar2 and so on. Now we have calendar-books for each of them, and every time I want to reserve a room or the car I have to walk at least 50 meters... I thought it would have been nice if we could use Outlook calendar for this, I have now added a calendar, but it's not possible for anybody else to open it..? why? Are there better ways of doing this? (I know there are web-calendars and so on, but outlook would be much more convenient).. Best regards, =D8ystein In ne...

How to get looping VBA code to respond to events on worksheet
Hello, I have some code of the form do while not g_Paused bunch of calls ... loop where I'd like the variable g_Paused to be toggled by a button on the worksheet. The only way I can seem to get the code to respond to the button click is to use do while not g_Paused bunch of calls ... ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Name").Activate DoEvents loop But this is pretty slow and causes the sheet to flicker...is there a better method? PS I'm using buttons from the Control Toolbox Thank you. ...

Can't get automatic updates to work
I get this message: [Error number: 0x8DDD0018] The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running: Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer) Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted) Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed) To make sure these services are running: 1. Click Start, and then click Run. 2. Type servic...

Newb question: How did my Form_.... Access Class Objects get crea
I have an access database that originally was created in office 2003 access. I am not in 2007 Access. When I go into the IDE, I can see, under Microsoft Office Access Class Objects, a set of what appears to be modules named: - Form_form abc - Form_form xyz etc Each of these corresponds to an actual form I have created, and includes subroutines like Private Sub RefreshAssetTable() ImportExcel End Sub Private Sub Command4_Click() ImportExcelAssets End Sub by default. Now, my question: How did this class "modules" (and I know that is the wrong term) get created? I &...

text spilling over text and colums
My text is spilling over the colums and the text. When I change the view from 70% to 75% the text will not show in the row colums, they go out into the white area. If you get this today please feel free to respond. thanks in advanced. Have you tried resizing the column? or perhaps a word wrap? To resize a column at the top by the letter just click the line in between and your mouse pointer should change and allow you drag the column to size. (See pictures 1 and 2) To use the word wrap feature Right-click on the field and select format cells, then click on the alignment tab and you sho...

how do I set up spread sheet for demographical data to get graph.
I need to set up a spread sheet to be able to get age, sex,service usage numbers, site utilisation, presenting issue e.g., drug and alcohol, region, percentage of use base on population e.g, 80 staff DoHi, Do you want to show these results graphically, or in the form of some sort of output table? Dave url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10355820.aspx How are you intending to get the data or enter the data into this sheet? How many worksheets or tables will you need? What is the final display options: Examples, Reports, Charts, Pivot = table? And lastly who are the end users, and how do they...

Error 1004 Workbooks.Add Inplace-Activation
Hi ! I don't know if I am in the correct forum but here it comes any way Sub AddWorkBook() ThisWorkbook.Application.Workbooks.Add End Sub this simple macro only works from the debugger environment if I have XL Inplace Activated Is there any workarounds ? Best regards Magnus Is it so that XL has a state that it cannot do this ? COleClientItem::activeUIState Do I have to change state to pItem->DoVerb (OLEIVERB_OPEN, pView ); ???? "Magnus Pettersson" <magnus@businessvision.se> wrote in message news:uRngzLSvEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi ! > I d...

Why i keep on getting same message from mail server?
I'm using Microsoft Outlook, and have been getting message from server. However, i have been keep on getting same message whenever i re-start the p.c... is there any solulation on this matter? Hi Hide, your Outlook version is? Have a look on this sites: "Duplicate e-mail messages are downloaded from a POP3 e-mail server account in Outlook 2003" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885870/en-us "Why does my Outlook keep receiving duplicate messages?" http://www.comentum.com/outlook-issues.html Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook PST files without Ex...

Q: How different colum-widths?
Hello NG, i am working on a word document, wich contains some excel sheets as inserted objects. now i want to merge some of these excelsheets. unfortunately they have different coloum- widths. is it possible to merge them and say to ecxel, that from here and further down to use different coloum- widths, then in the upper part of the sheet? thanx, Tom. -- _______________________ http://tom.lautenbacher.biz _______________________ Excel doesn't support different columnwidths per row. You might be able simulate it by merging cells together (format|cells|alignment tab). But merging ...

get data form cells sequentially
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet i am creating which is giving me some amount o hassle!!! I'm sure it is possible to do this but i just cant figure ou how:- I have one worksheet which has many copies of the same table, eac table is consistantly ontop of the other i.e. first table uses cells A - G10 (a rectangle of cells). The dates i am trying to use are in a pattern of a nine row seperatio i.e. first date is in cell G2, next one is G11, next one G20, and s on. I need to find out how i can make a formula which i could copy whic would grab the date out of these cells in sequence for pl...

Any add on products I can use with SOP
We are trying to keep track of our orders that are not ready to be processed for reasons such as waiting for approval from customer, waiting for confirm ship date, needing customization and therefore take longer in production... We want to be able to add a comment that has a date and an action date. Date is the date someone enter in a comment, action date will be a date when someone needs to follow up. We need multiple dates and multiple comments for a single order and do not want everything type together in one comment field. We already have collection main module and we can use so...

How do I get email in Outlook Express on an XP machine into Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 Machine?
The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So How do I accomplish this? On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:03:05 -0800, MikeH <mikeh@somewhere.net> wrote: > The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another > machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I > don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So > How do I accomplish this? F...

How do I get non-sequential dates on X-axis
I am trying to make a chart that tracks progress each week from Monday to Friday. i.e. June 5 to June 9, then June 12 - June 16. This goes on the X-axis. Each time I try and chart the series without the dates it works OK. As soon as I add the date, Excel automatically fills in the weekend days. I have looked at every option that I can think of and prefs but can't get it to just show the dates that I actually want to chart. Can someone tell me how I can force Excel not to show dates for which there is no data and there is no labels etc? Thanks in advance Using Excel 2004 for Mac...

SBS 2008 Reboot
I have a client who needed to reboot their server this AM (we couldn't log onto RWW, when this happens, they reboot. It happens once every couple of months.) Upon rebooting, they called and are telling me they are getting a windows titled "Windows Complete PC Restore". Why would this come up on a normal reboot? Did they have a failure of some sort? Can we get by this screen to get the server back online? I thought I would try here first, as I cannot get to the site until later this afternoon. Thank you in advance. -- Ron Anthony Quinn Is the SBS2008 DVD ...

Add Vendor Doc. No. to Return from Project Entry screen
We can enter the Vendor Doc. No. in the Returns from Inventory Entry but there is no available field in the Return from Project Entry screen. We'd also like to have the Apply To option when entering a return so the invoice and the credit could link on the PM side. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and th...

Using a form to add records to XML document
Hi, I haveto use VB to create a form that reads an exisiting XML file= and then allows updates via the VB form=2E My problem is that I was able to get VB to read a simple XML file= (people=2EXML), but I'm having problems figuring out how to get VB= to read a more complex XML file (people2=2Exml) and then use= additional text boxes on the same form to add more family= members=2E Each family can have from 1 to 5 members=2E I've pasted the working code below that read people=2Exml but would appreciate any assistance regarding people2=2Exml Thanks much, kyma people=2Exml --- SIM...

Getting error message often
I'm getting this error message often: "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and it needs to close". How do I fix this problem? -- Thanks, Sriram Wow, that's a bad one. What exactly are you doing in Dynamics GP to cause this error to occur?? -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "Sriram" wrote: > I'm getting this error message often: "Internet Explorer has encountered a > problem and it needs to close". How do I fix this problem? > -- > Thanks, > Sri...