Cannot find file. Check if libraries not missing

Hello,

I'm sure this problem has come up before, but can't find it in archives :-((

How do I amend the situation where an Excel file (in fact, .XLS or .CSV)
when double-clicked doesnt open, with a message: "File X...-{full path here}
cannot be found. Check if all path and filename are OK and if all libraries
are available" ??
The very same file opens OK from a "File -> Open" dialogue.

I have this problem for a few days now and it began with an Excel crash.
Win98 machine. I tried to look into Win98 file types/properties and it seems
to be fine on that front. I even re-installed Excel, backed up and deleted
my PERSONAL.XLS - still no dice :-((

Please help. Is there anything to be done?
Thanks. Regards, Yarroll

This are the usual things to fix this

Tools>Options>General  uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
Exit Excel and try again

If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

Close Excel first and
On the Windows Taskbar

1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK.
2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.
See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Yarroll" <yarroll999@wytnijtopoczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:c68rm8$1r5$1@news.onet.pl...
> Hello,
>
> I'm sure this problem has come up before, but can't find it in archives :-((
>
> How do I amend the situation where an Excel file (in fact, .XLS or .CSV)
> when double-clicked doesnt open, with a message: "File X...-{full path here}
> cannot be found. Check if all path and filename are OK and if all libraries
> are available" ??
> The very same file opens OK from a "File -> Open" dialogue.
>
> I have this problem for a few days now and it began with an Excel crash.
> Win98 machine. I tried to look into Win98 file types/properties and it seems
> to be fine on that front. I even re-installed Excel, backed up and deleted
> my PERSONAL.XLS - still no dice :-((
>
> Please help. Is there anything to be done?
> Thanks. Regards, Yarroll

0
rondebruin (3790)
4/22/2004 4:32:48 PM
U�ytkownik "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> napisa� w wiadomo�ci
> This are the usual things to fix this
>
> Tools>Options>General  uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
> Exit Excel and try again

Wow! That did the trick!
I would never be able to guess it on my own :-((
Thanks a lot!
All the best,
Yarroll

Can data files for mailmerge be updated?
I have a 4 year old 3.5 disc with addresses that I update each year. Last year I updated using Windows 98, with Office maybe Publisher 2000. Now I am unable to access the info with my Windows XP and Publisher 2003. Is there a way to get to this data, edit it, and make labels in 2005? Thanks Robin from Alaska Copy the list to "My Data" folder in "My Documents." Is it a Publisher list? If it is a .mdb file, Publisher should read it. I think your problem is mainly the floppy disk. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews...

Moving .pst MS Outlook files from local PC to home NAS server
I just installed a HP Mediasmart NAS home server at my home. Our storage needs are just getting to vast for each PC to store all our digital assets. Anyhow, I noticed that on my personal PC one of the largest files I have is my Microsoft Outlook 2007 .pst files. It's where MS Outlook stores all my archived emails. I'd like to learn how to MOVE this file to my HOME SERVER and POINT MS Outlook to archive all my .pst files at this location thus freeing up my local PC from these HUGE files. Does anyone know how to do this? "bob sacco" <bobsacco@discussion...

can't find
i have a small problem...i have windows xp professional, when i got it my boss deleted many programs to save room for design programs...and now i don't know if it came with excel on it...and now i need it. How would i find out if it should have had it and is there any way to get it back without having to go buy a whole new program? You don't get Excel with an operating system. Excel would have to be installed either o its own or as part of an installation of MS Office. -- RMC,CPA "sabrina" <sabrina@coluccisjewelry.com> wrote in message news:020601c36294$6f4d61d0...

Windows File Sharing On Home Network
I have a Dell Deminsion 3000 and a Dell Inspiron 6400 both running XP home, 2002, with SVP 3. In the past I have been able to share files between the two with no problems. I have tired all of the troubleshooting suggestions from microsoft and other online forums. I have enabled fire sharing and still when I try to access the files from one computer to another I get the same error message " file not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the admenistrator of this server to find out if you have access permissons. Any suggestions would gre...

Exporting to Excel from Advanced Find
When I've done an advanced find search and then exported that list to excel, it closes the Advanced Find window automatically. It never used to happen and now all of a sudden it happens. It used to bring up a pop up box saying You are about to navigate away from this page... Is there anyway to stop Advanced Find automatically closing after exporting to excel? Hi Anne, This behaviour doesn't sound familiar to me. Have you performed customizations lately? Maybe some installs of a rollup package or hotfix? -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://www.ronaldlemmen...

Some gridlines missing
I have some worksheets where some, but not all of the gridlines are missing. Using Tools/Options/View and unchecking and then checking makes no difference. Any solution? I'd like to have them. have you been playing with conditional formatting? or Maybe you filled the cells in as white, try highliting the sheet and select no fill -- davesexcel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31708 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=526345 ...

Reading from test.csv file
I have the folowing test.csv file: ENTITY","INTEREST ","AMOUNT " "CSD01"," 1.4567","3,456.1234" "CSD01","456.1234"," 1.4567 " When I open it with excel, the number 3,456.1234 becomes 3,456.12 The number 456.1234 is the same in excel. I do not want to change anything on the excel setting, ie, if one wants to open my test.csv file using his excel, he will not need to do any setting changes, and he still be able to see the entire number. Is there a way to solve it? Thanks, Joe Looks like all he...

Checking for currency value between range
I have two txtboxes (txtWeeklyAllowanceLow, txtWeeklyAllowanceHigh) on a search form that I would like to use to find all weekly allowances on a table that fall within the range specified. Also if only a low amount is entered, then I would like all allowances greater than the amount to display, or if only a high amount then all allowances less than what is given. Any help with how I should code this would be great. thanks! Ok. Update. I seem to have the filter working for the high as well as the between, but now the low seems to not work. Here is the relevant code so far.. 'If W...

search for publisher file
is it possible to find a publisher file when doing a windows search. Yes. I assume you're having difficulties tho. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F75DB370-0A6A-4791-A6EC-F61B7C24992D@microsoft.com... > is it possible to find a publisher file when doing a windows search. Pauline wrote: > is it possible to find a publisher file when doing a windows search. If you search for *.pub you will find all Publisher files. If y...

Exchange 2003 log files #3
Is it safe to delete the OLD log files in the Exchsrvr\srvrname.log folder and Exchsrvr\mdbdata folder? On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:44:02 -0700, "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it safe to delete the OLD log files in the Exchsrvr\srvrname.log folder >and Exchsrvr\mdbdata folder? > The Servername.log dir are the tracking logs, they should be deleted automatically according to the General tab of the server properties in ESM. Do not delete the log files in the mdbdata directory. Run an online full exchange aware backup to purge those. I use CA...

Joining queries in advanced find
Hi, We are having a major issue with one of our CRM customers. They are trying to do a mail merge via word but cannot get the data they required into a single view via advanced find in CRM. The reason for this is that you cannot seem to outer join 2 queries within an advanced find. We can see 2 ways to achieve what we need – could you or one of your colleagues advise on the solutions below: 1) How can we search 2 or more relationships, so that if a match is found in either, the result is returned? E.g. Entity A may be related to Entity B or Entity C, both of which are related to...

Validating XML file against an XSD schema
I have an XML file i'd like to validate against an XSD schema. I'm creating the XML on the fly in an ASP.NET page and need to validate it aginst the schema to ensure its well formed. How do i do this? Thanks in advance... Simon Ames Hi simon, Why not searching the msdn? i searched for "xml" "validating" "xsd" and found some pages where to find example code using the XmlValidatingReader e.g. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemXmlXmlValidatingReaderClassctorTopic1.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/li...

Using wildcards in CString::Find() #2
Using wildcards in CString::Find() I’d like to use the wildcards(" * ", " ? " and other) in CString::Find(), but it does not work. Always it returns -1. Could you advice me ? I must do the complicated searching. Maybe there are other ways for the substring searching . Alur. ...

Import CSV file into Project with Hard Returns
How do I import hard returns into MS Project? I have tried \r\n but that shows up as actual text instead of a line return within the notes column. I assume you are importing to the Notes field? If so, it should read everything between the double quotes denoting the string. -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "chazparks" <chazparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54511FC0-AC16-4A11-B8F8-858205CB1D55@microsoft.com... > How do I import hard returns into M...

import .pst file into entourage 2008 no access to pc
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel my pc just broke I have my outlook 2007 file saved in a .pst file, I don't have access to a pc, what I can do to import in entourage? <br> It seems that for mac office the compatibility is essential but not for all!!! On 4/7/10 6:53 PM, ladyelena@officeformac.com wrote: > just broke I have my outlook 2007 file saved in a .pst file, I don't > have access to a pc, what I can do to import in entourage? There are some third party option that can help with that. Check out the options on...

Missing CRM Task Bar
We recently performed a 3.0 roll-out and on a few of the machines the CRM Task Bar is not appearing when compossing an email? Any ideas? -- Thank you for the help!! Richard Page MSc. What other add-ins do they have installed in Outlook? If you look at HELP/ABOUT in outlook is anything disabled? -- Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM President, The Norwich Group Principal, GlobalBrain LLC The CRM Lady at www.CRMLady.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Written on a Lenovo T60p running VISTA Ultimate Tracked in MS Dynamics CRM v3.0 Rollup 1, O...

minor inconvenience opening file
Using Word 2002 and Word 2007 in W 7. If a file is minimized in Word, and I happen to double click on a different doc file elsewhere, Word will open the new file but will also restore the minimized file forcing me to later re-minimize it. Can Word be made to open the new Word document without also restoring the previously minimized doc? Thanks, Jeff <Jeff@nospam.fake> wrote in message news:u3zhlnk5KHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Using Word 2002 and Word 2007 in W 7. > If a file is minimized in Word, and I happen to double click on a > different doc file ...

restoring addresses and sent files
Hi, I can not access my old sent files or address book. Before I went through an XP restore, I saved all .pst files (all eight)and copied them successfully back to the Documents and Settings/owner/local settings/application data/microsoft/outlook directory. Here are the file names: 1. archive - 48 KB 2. mailbox - 32 KB 3. Outlook - 106 MB 4. Outlook1 - 103 MB 5. Outlook2 - 109 MB 6. Outlook3 - 32 KB 7. Ted_Home - 69 KB 8. Outlookold - 900 KB When I go to "Tools" and "E-mail accounts" and then click on "Directory and "view or change existing directories ...

Is it bad to terminate Check Links on started???
Is it a bad idea to terminate Check Links once it has started by doing a "hard-close" of Great Plains by Task Manager (Ctrl Alt Delete)?? From the Process Monitor in GP, I am able to "Suspend" or Pause the Checklinks Process, but I am note able to "Remove" or delete it. I'd already started the checklinks process but without doing a database backup first, so I want to be on safe side and stop the Checklinks Process. The only way I could think of is to "hard-close" out of GP. But is a bad idea to terminate a checklinks this way? Can this lead to...

Check security package
--eutpuwtdm Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jgvkbgyelp"; type="multipart/alternative" --jgvkbgyelp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="edxcjronfgyg" --edxcjronfgyg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your computer ...

Importind data from several files
Hi, I need to import data from several files into a single worksheet every month. I wish I could do this in the most automatic way possible (I didn't want to repeat the import process for each file). Is this possible? Thanks Look into the Data, Consolidate feature. -- David Hager Excel MVP "Jo" <joana.fernandes@aceplus.pt> wrote in message news:2da2601c394d2$036f88b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need to import data from several files into a single > worksheet every month. I wish I could do this in the most > automatic way possible (I didn't w...

Outlook corrupted files
Before reformatting my hard drive my Outlook 2002 (PST) file was saved as 10 separate Outlook Express (DBX) files. This wasn't my idea, but I believe it was done because the Outlook PST file was very large and wouldn't fit on one CD. Now they don't read correctly with either Outlook or Outlook Express but the data appears to be in the files. The inbox.dbx for example is 99 mg but OE reads only some old files over 2 years ago. Any idea how I can get these back into Outlook? I have tried exporting from Outlook Express. Is there a program to analyze and correct the file...

Opening separate files in excel...
When I want to open multiple files (by using the shift/ctrl key and selecting the files), I cannot get them to open in separate windows, they all open in one window and I have to go to Windows then select my file...Any suggestions?? Thanks!! Greg If you are using Excel 2000 or later, try: Tools | Options Make sure you are looking at the View Tab. Over near the right edge towards the top, you'll see a check boc for Windows in Taskbar. Make sure it is checked. If you are using Windows XP, you may have to Right-Click on your System Clock and choose Properties and turn off Group Simila...

Where to find thorough introduction to Excel objects
Hi folks, I thumbed through several books on Excel VBA programming, but no one was a satisfying primer or description of all the Excel classes or objects giving thorough information on their usage and associated methods. Most VBA Excel books shows pre-selections of classes and methods. Does anybody can recommend an thorough internet site, tutorial, or book for learning? Thanks Michael On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 08:39:57 -0800 (PST), "Michael.Tarnowski" <emte69@gmx.de> wrote: >Hi folks, >I thumbed through several books on Excel VBA programming, but no one >was a satisfyin...

Replication with Double-Take for SQL Dynamics DB's & Dynamics file
Hello, I am using Dynamics 7.5 and am looking to create a fail-over secondary SQL Server and replicate all of the Dynamics databases and files to this backup server using the software Double-Take. If anyone has any experience with the Double-Take software and Dynamics, please give me your comments and/or any problems that I should look out for. Thank you in advance for your comments. Elmo :o) DoubleTake is fine for system level failover, but it does no application level monitoring. You should look into LifeKeeper from SteelEye Technology for this. ...