Cannot Enter Desired Value

When I enter a number (229.65) then hit "enter" or "tab", I ge
"2.30E+02".  What the heck is that and how do I turn it off

You probably accidentally formatted your cell as Scienfific.
Remedy: Format>Cells>Number>General, or some other standard or custom
format.

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"myrrh >" <<myrrh.1236mk@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> When I enter a number (229.65) then hit "enter" or "tab", I get
> "2.30E+02".  What the heck is that and how do I turn it off?
>

> ---

nicolaus (2022)

Max Value
I am trying to use Conditional Formatting to find the Max value in a Row using =Max(B6:AC6), having that cell Highlight to a different color but the =Max is highlighting them all. Help phuser wrote: >I am trying to use Conditional Formatting to find the Max value in a Row >using =Max(B6:AC6), having that cell Highlight to a different color but the >=Max is highlighting them all. > There may be other ways, but what I do is create a column, or in your case cell, (can be hidden, or way out of sight) having the formula =Max(B6:AC6). Then use the value of that cell as the co...

Looking for a method to print only those worksheets that the user has entered data into
Hi everyone I have a workbook that has 7 worksheets un-hidden. Of those, each has a limited number of cells that are un-protected. Each sheet prints to a single page. The user can enter data on one, some or all of the sheets. Is there a short-cut method that would allow the user to (at a single click) print all of the sheets that have user-input data and not any of those that are left 'blank' TI rp Hi not possible without VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "rpw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:732719CD-1559-4CD1-B0...

Default values
Is there a file for Excel 2000 that serves the same function as normal.dot for Word ?? I want to set my Excel to factory defaults. -- Jerry Fortenberry Jerry *.XLB is basically the equivalent. It holds your Menus & Toolbars customizations. I believe for XL2000 this file would be named Excel9.xlb Some settings from Tools>Options are saved in the Registry so these would have to be changed in Tools>Options. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:54:14 -0600, "Jerry Fortenberry" <jerryf@ripgriffin.com> wrote: >Is there a file for Excel 2000 that se...

How do I calculate escalation rates using dates and a set value
If I have a projected that needs to be escalated using start and completion dates by a certain percentage per year, how do I write the formula. For example if my project starts May 26, 2010 and lasts until may 26 2014 I want to add escalation to midpoint at 4% per year. ...

Finding Values With more than 2 decimal Places
Hello, I am using sumif to verify some numbers. These should all be dollar values and thus should not contain and values past 2 decimal places however when I use the sumif it returns values with long decimals? I have been unable to find where these decimals exist visually and i tried this formula to help me identify them =IF(L18-(ROUND(L18,2))=0,0,"Help") ^ hopefully this would let me know if a decimal past 2 places is present in a value but I still am unable to find them? any help would be apreciated Thanks Chuck -- clane -------------------------------------------...

Unable to calculate STD DEV for any value with 6 or more digits to the left dec.
I am unable to obtain the standard deviation for any value with six or more digits to the left of the decimal. The values are coordinates, usually with six or seven digits to the left of the decimal and three to the right. Found four types of standard deviation in the Microsoft Excel help menus. 1) STDEV - will work with values up to five places left of the decimal point. 2) STDEVA - will work with values up to five places left of the decimal point. 3) STDEVP - will work with values up to five places left of the decimal point. 4) STDEVPA - will work with values up to five places left of...

Memory: negative value?
Why I can see a negative values as "In use" of "Storage memory" from Control Panel/System Properties/Memory? Max I saw this behaviour in the past on a device which used the flash disk as the root of the file system, thus it didn't have any RAM used for storage memory, is it your case? -- Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded) l.calligaris.nospam@eurotech.it.nospam www.eurotech.it "QuantumUniverses" <quantumuniverses@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:e%23CpfbKqKHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Why I can see a negativ...

Increment value in a Formula
Hi, I'm using Excel version 2003. I have the following formula =IF(SUM('Section 3'!$H$1675:$J$1686)=0,"",SUM('Section 3'!$H$1675:$J$1686)) and would like to increment the cell references by 12. I was wondering if there is a way to do this using a bit of VBA code? So the result i'm looking for after code run is =IF(SUM('Section 3'!$H$1687:$J$1698)=0,"",SUM('Section 3'!$H$1687:$J$1698)). I will be running the formula along the columns so will need to increment the formula by 12 for each new column. Thanks Dave...

Retrieve Picklist Values from caseorrigincode, Incident Entity
Hi, Can someone please advise me on how to retrieve the caseorigincode, picklist values in vb.net? Thanks, Larry B. ...

Charts and Value Axis positions
I copied a worksheet (excel) with Charts and changed the source data. Now my value axis is on the right hand side of my chart and I need it back on the left hand side. Does anyone know what I should do? I am using Office 2000. Double click on the category axis, and on the scale tab, select an appropriate value for "Value axis crosses at". - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ladybug wrote: > I copied a worksheet (excel) with Charts and changed the source data. Now my > ...

Displaying the zero value in a cell
Is it possible to display a zero at the front of a series of numbers in a cell? Eg. "0123" is displayed as "123". How to display as original "0123"? I've got the 'zero value' checked in Tools - Options - View. That is only for a zero value in a cell without any other numbers in that cell. Thanks in advance!! Sure. Just type it with an apostrophe in front, or format the cells. For a good example, choose Format-Cells, Number tab. Then choose Special-->Zipcode. It shows "00000". So if your numbers are 10-digit account numbers, put "...

Remove null value categories from graph
Hi, I am preparing a dashborad on a daily basis by putting the sales data. X axis will be the date and Y axis will have the sales value for the particular date. some of the dates there won't be any sales,ie. zero value.while drawing graph i will select the entire range, so all the dates will be appearing on X axis even if the value null. could anyone help me on this to remove the zero value dates from the X-axis ? ...

Adding the values on even rows/odd rows.
please refer to this post to prevent dupilcates http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322724 Huh? Dave. ...

use a time value in a bar graph
i have values in a series like c5 9:01 d5 21:01 e5 =(d5-c5) I would like to use e5 in a bar graph it gives values which would make sense only to excel If the axis is formatted as time, it shouldn't be a problem. If it doesn't choose the scales to give clean divisions, you can choose an appropriate unit on the axis, such as 03:00. -- David Biddulph "pdfrone" <pdfrone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8C14E9F-104A-464A-81B6-39DA2C679E71@microsoft.com... >i have values in a series > > like > > c5 9:01 > d5 21:01 > e5 =(d5-c5...

Re: Is there a way to HIDE a row based on a value of a cell ?
Hi Reddance, Try instead: Sub Tester() Dim rng As Range Dim i As Long If LCase(Sheets("Ctrl").Range("A1").Value) _ <> "yes" Then Exit Sub End If With Sheets("ToPrint") For i = 5 To .UsedRange.Rows.Count Step 2 If Not rng Is Nothing Then Set rng = Union(rng, .Cells(i, "A")) Else Set rng = .Cells(i, "A") End If Next i End With If Not rng Is Nothing Then rng.EntireRow.Hidden = True End If ...

Indexing Values to Same Starting Point for Relative Return Chart
Hello all, I'm have a sheet full of data for various securities that is sorted b date. I can chart the values by date just fine, but I'm hoping t create a chart where each series is indexed to the same point and the the chart will show percentage changes. For instance, if A is at 30 and B is at 40 on January 1st, then in my chart I want them both t start at 100. So if A falls to 150 and B moves up to 80, then I woul want the chart to show them moving to 50 and 200, respectively. Do I have to manipulate the data in another sheet first, or is there way to do it with the charting t...

Copy Values From Wbk1, Outlook Them To Another PC, Paste Them Into Wbk2
WBK1 (shared) has a routine in it which opens WBK2, copies the value of WBK1-E3, pastes it into Next empty row col A-WBK2, goes back to WBK1, copies the value of WBK1-B2, pastes it into Next empty row col B- WBK2, etc, for 11 values =96 so that WBK2 ends up with a new row of 11 cell-values from WBK1. The routine then sorts the rows in WBK2 by col A (which are numbers =96 from E3), saves and closes it, goes back to WBK1 and clears the 11 cells of their values =96 ready for the next entry. I want the copying and pasting part of this to work for more users - users who don=92t have acce...

Zero-value Budget Column in FRx SP11
Hello all, We have just resolved an interesting problem that one of our customers was encountering after upgrading from FRx SP9 to SP11, that I'd like to share with you all, along with our resolution. Bear in mind, I am not recommending this resolution to you, so much as providing it to assist you with your own enquiries. The symptoms of the problem are as follows: A report contains a two columns, a budget column and an actuals column. Running the report on FRx SP9 produces the correct figures. Running the report on FRx SP11 produces correct actuals, but the budget figu...

Can I enter items in MSN Money and have it update Money?
I would like to be able to manage my checking account on MSN Money when I am traveling can I do this and have it sychronize with Money on my PC when I return? If so how? Thanks Kelly Which version of Money? -- Michael Gordon MVP "Kelly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09dc01c4aaf1$ee8880a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I would like to be able to manage my checking account on > MSN Money when I am traveling can I do this and have it > sychronize with Money on my PC when I return? If so how? > > Thanks > Kelly ...

Block entry into a cell if another cell has a value
I am working on a W-4 Federal Tax Form created in Excel. I want to be able to block an entry in one cell (Total number of allowances) if another cell (Write *Exempt* here) has a value, specifically Exempt, in it and vise versa if the cell (Total number of allowances) has a value, specifically a number, in it I want block any entry into the cell (Write *Exempt* here) I hope this makes sense to somebody out there. Old Navy, You can use Data - Validation. I'll use A1 and B1. Select A1. Data Validation - Custom: =B1<>"" If you want to appear a little more refined, you ca...

Setting a parent form value based on a subform entry
Hi all, I have a parent/child form setup, where selecting a value from a bound combobox within the subform datasheet should override another bound combobox in the parent. All of the AfterUpdate code worked fine in an Access 2003 MDB format, but when I try the same thing in an Access 2003 ADP project, I get the Jet error 7787 and the changes get flushed when the record gets refreshed. The parent form field isn't 100% dependent on the selection in the subform - it just forces the overwrite to begin with, and then the user is free to change it afterwards. Is there no way...

Charting value ranges
I have a user trying to chart a range of variables. That is - the data contains columns for a Min and a Max of each item. She would like this to be displayed as ONE column in the chart, (Min - Max) not as two separate series. Does anyone know how to make this happen? Using Excel 2000 or Excel 2003. Thank you, -Monica, Dallas mld@fr.com Hi Monica, Take a look at Jon's example, (http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html) MLD wrote: > I have a user trying to chart a range of variables. That is - the data > contains columns for a Min and a Max of each item. She wou...

Enter button
I'd like to apply a method (search) on pressing the enter key, on an embedded dialog. I've implemented the afx_msg void OnAccelReturn() method, and it works well in some context. In another context, nothing happens when the enter key is pressed. I've also tried to set the focus on the search-button and to declare the search-button as the default-button, but I didn't help to fix the problem. Maybe it has something to do, whether the outer-dialog is a modal one or not. If anyone could give me any hints, why the key doesn't work would be much appreciated. On May 2, 4:21...

Entering old transactions from over a year ago
I am trying to update my records from 1-01-07 to 5-01-07. Is this not possible? I am having a terrible time trying to input transactions from 1-01-07 up to the point I purchased money essentials (5-07-8). Previously, with my old Money Software, it was as simple. I just clicked the checkbook register, enter the info, and it "stuck". Now I click on "add a transaction", enter the info, save it, and it stays at the top of my statement page. It doesn't seem to get registered at the bottom of my account register. When I want to add the next transaction, I have to click...

how to match null values in JOIN ON
Hi, I am working with MS Access. My tables are: table1: var1 var2 cnt null 1 1 null 2 2 1 1 3 1 2 4 2 1 5 2 2 6 table2: var1 total null 3 1 7 2 11 My query is: SELECT * from table1 left join (select * from table2) as b on table1.var1=b.var1 My results are: var1 var2 cnt total null 1 1 null null 2 2 null 1 1 3 7 1 2 4 7 2 1 5 11 2 2...