cannot change part of a merged cell - error

This is the error a user receives when he tries to copy one cell into
another made up of 3 merged cells.

Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

Is this a fluke?

thanks,

dominique

0
dmschroe (2)

Copying one cell to a merge of three cells should work.

Are you "sure" it is only one cell that is being copied each time?

Maybe "sometimes" it is one cell and "other times" more than one.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:02:57 -0400, "Dominique Schroeder"
<dmschroe@woodmeistercorp.com> wrote:

>This is the error a user receives when he tries to copy one cell into
>another made up of 3 merged cells.
>
>Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.
>
>Is this a fluke?
>
>thanks,
>
>dominique

0
Gord

Outlook 2007 error when closing
Hi, Why am I getting this error when closing Outlook 2007. "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" and it shows a check box "Restart Microsoft Office Outlook". I'm getting below details when clicking "What data does this error report contain?" Error Signature: Appname:outlook.exe Appver: 12.0.6514.5000 AppStamp: 4a89dc70 Modulename: dccmsp32.dll ModVer: 10.0.2009.929 ModStamp: 39d4133c fDebug: 0 Offset: 00005346 Please help. Thanks in ad...

Can't display all text in cell
I'm trying to display text in a cell. I've got Wrap Text on, and I hav several paragraphs of text. All of it appears in the formula bar, bu not in the cell displayed on the screen. And yes, I increased the ro height, but it still doesn't show. Any ideas? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am having the same problem. Apparantly there is a 1024 character limitation per cel in excel. The only advice I have received so far, which does work, is to press alt+enter to create a line break. If you find another work around, I would be interested. Hi besid...

Changing start date
Scenario: In OL 2003, I have an event that's two weeks long, starting June 1 and ending June 14. I want to change the start date to May 27 but leave the end date alone. If I change the start date, OL automatically changes the end date to preserve the two-week duration. Is there a way to change the start date without affecting the end date? Richard Evans <infodex@mindspring.com> wrote: > In OL 2003, I have an event that's two weeks long, starting June 1 and > ending June 14. I want to change the start date to May 27 but leave > the end date alone. If I change the s...

Export Access Record to Specific Cells in Excel
I'm looking for suggestions on how to export data from an Access table or Query into specific cells of a Worksheet. The table I'm importing will always contain a single record only. For example, I'd like to export data from Field1, field2...etc in an access table to Sheet2!A3, Sheet2!B3...etc. Any sugestions would be most appreciative. ...

rapid migration tool error
when i use the rapid migration tool to move data from quickbooks 2006 to dynamics gp 10, I get this message: no mapping between account names and security id's was done. How do i fix this?? ...

How can I update the latest cost paid for a part?
I'm not very experienced with Excel but I'm trying to use 2003 to keep a parts inventory. I'm keeping the inventory of parts on one sheet and the purchase record of parts that I've purchased on another sheet. The purchase record consists mainly of a column with the purchase date, a column with the part number and a column with the cost per each for that order. The inventory sheet contains a column for part number and a column for cost per each. I'd like to use a formula to keep the "cost per each" cell for each part updated automatically with the most ...

2 part question
first of all I seem to be having a little difficutly in recording a macro to just open a form to input database information on the row under the labels of each column. I know I can just open form after highlighting the row of labels and put the information in that way. But I want a button on the spreadsheet to click onto to open the form to input the data, and a button to do a search in the same fashion. My first problem is getting the macro to record properly. Second will be to get the command button to run the macro. I think I can do the second part of this but need the macro to do it...

e-mail merge privleges
I am the adminstrator for our CRM and when I test the e-mail merge function it works great. However, our sales personnel get an error message that says they do not have the privleges to perform the task. Can someone tell me what permissions to make sure they have to peform this task? ...

Conditional Formatting
I have a row of cells that calculate the totals for their columns but I force to be blank via IF statements until certain conditions are met. Once these conditions are met, the total appears. I'd like to also highlight these total cells via conditional formatting. My conditional formatting input is simply "If Cell is Greater than 0, format". For some reason all the cells format as though they are all > 0 yet they don't display anything. Are there some internal rules that specifiy when a cell is really 0? Is there another way to do this that won't care what the for...

Excel document changes format
Hi, I have an Excel document that changes format unexpectedly. It seems to change the format of the document eventhough i saved it. I have to resize the windows of the bar graphs, etc. It just doesn't save it the way i want. I re-installed MSOffice and re-did the NT profile, but still persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Excel does seem to have problems if the screen zoom is anything othe than 100%. Usually changing to 100 and back resets he screen display -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

visual c++ runtime errors
In many applications when I get a crash it simply creates the drwatsons log file and displays that it has crashed. Sometimes however I get a visual c++ runtime error and they never write out to the watsons log file. Unfortunately its a multithreaded application so almost impossible to track down what is causing the problem without some type of debug log or dump to tell me where it crashed. Is there someway to disable to the visual c++ runtime error box so it can just crash happily? lol Doug ...

catalog merge #9
I'd like to sort multiple items in a catalog merge so as to create different product divisions within a catalog. Can I create multiple merge areas in one publication? I am using Publisher 2007 and Access 2007. ...

Invalid Add-in error message
When I open Outlook 2003, I keep getting the following error message: C:\Documents and Settings\Amanda\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\outlvba.dll is not a valid Office Add-in. Then I am booted from Outlook. How can I fix this? Try renaming outlvba.dll to outlvba.bak. Go to the add/remove applet in the control panel and perform a detect and repair on Office/Outlook 2003. /neo ps - outlvba.dll normally exists at \Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ADDINS. I've never seen it under a user profile. "urbangirl" <urbangirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

counting same text from different cells
Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. It will be really helpful if u could send me the solution thank you om Hi =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"p") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "om" <om@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:96B25715-6B88-40F8-8360-9602A05E3B30@microsoft.com... > Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in > excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. > > It will be rea...

VFW webcam
Hi, I'm using Video For Windows to capture images from creative webcam in my application. This is giving me image in size 640x480. However, i need image in landscape resolution where width is less than height. I tried to squeeze the captured image but its distorting it badly. Any ideas how can we capture images from webcam in desired resolution? Thanks, neo see the amcap sample in DirectShow SDK -- Regards Sheng Jiang Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Visual C++ http://www.jiangsheng.net http://blog.joycode.com/jiangsheng/ <dhapola@yahoo.com> ???? news:1160125564.284431....

pulling cell "value"
in the cell C4 i have the formula =now() and I have that cell formatted to custom mmmm so that it displays as January. I am now trying to write some VBA code to look at cell C4 and take the January and then do a vlookup on the array that i have named months. months is the cells D14:E25 column D has a list of the months and column E has a list of numbers that corresponds to these months. This is a custom list so I can not use the standard numbers that excel uses for the months. The vlookup in vba should take the January and find the number in col E that corresponds to it th...

Toolbar button error?
In Excel 2003 I put a button on a custom toolbar - the button is the 'double bottom border' and is from the Customise-Format selection of buttons. However this button just gives me a single bottom border. I can get double borders in other ways, e.g. from the drop-down borders box, where the identical-looking button does give me a double bottom border. Is this an error, or am I missing something? Thanks, David Wheeler d.r.wheeler@btinternet.com Hi David does the same for me too ... so i think it's broken :( and while this is no help at all to you i'll say it anyway ...

Getting Combo boxes to change options based on other Combo boxes.
Using Excel 2007. I am trying to create either Form Control Combo Boxes or ActiveX Combo Boxes that will change the selectable options based on selections made in previous combo boxes. I am having a hard time finding any information that will work for me. Can someone tell me how to make 5 combo boxes change available listed options when specific options are selected in another combo box? Please? I've been working on this for a very long time without success. I've tried using Data Validation, but my formulas are too long for all the different possible combinations. You are...

Formatting Cells #13
If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and change when the contents of cell A changes, how do I do that? Acurran, =A1 ??? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Acurran" <Acurran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E800CB99-E6BA-4DF3-BCA0-445A89B2E8A8@microsoft.com... > If you want something from cell (A) to appear i...

Invalid response (0x800ccc60) error in microsoft outlook
Hi all, I am geeting "Invalid response (0x800ccc60) error in microsoft outlook" when I send the mails. Can any one help me why this error occurs. How to solve it? Thanks in advance Pravin hi pravin Have you verified the SMTP address is correct or not the error you have reffered is a SMTP erro. Regards Jassi >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, >I am geeting "Invalid response (0x800ccc60) error in >microsoft outlook" when I send the mails. >Can any one help me why this error occurs. >How to solve it? >Thanks in advance > >Pravin >. >...

change font size of first character
I have a template that allows users to print business cards. It displays a form where they enter their name and three other lines of text. I would like to increase the font size of the first character in each word if the user enters the text in upper case. The code I'm using to capture the text from the form is: With ActiveDocument For intLoop1 = 1 To 10 .Bookmarks("Name" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2)).Range.InsertBefore txtName .Bookmarks("Title" & Right("0" & intLoop1, 2) & "a").Range.InsertBef...

Highlighting a cell
I would like to highlight a cell for data entry, but I do not want the color to print. Is there a way to acheive this in Excel 2000. Thanks Sandi <File>, <PageSetup>, <Sheet>tab, Under Print, check the "Black & White" box. HTH, RD ==================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so that all may benefit! ==================================================== "Sandi" <ssteines@abprocess.com> wrote in message news:00c601c376eb$2b9a9910$a301280a@phx.gbl... I would like to highlight a ce...

Hard return in wraptext cell?
Is there a way to place a hard return(carriage return) in a cell with wrap text format so as to align text in the way user wants rather than what excel places? Thanks Mark Sure. Where you want a new line just press Alt+Enter. To remove that just place the cursor at the end of the line before the new line and press Delete Tyro "MP" <NoSpam@Thanks.com> wrote in message news:OAFfO3vVIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to place a hard return(carriage return) in a cell with wrap > text format > so as to align text in the way user wants rather than wh...

How do I change the inverse colour in an Excel chart?
I want to have blue bars when the values are positive and yellow when they are negative. I have checked the box for "invert if negative" when choosing the colour in Format Data Series, but I still get blue for both. David, The concept described here should work: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/conditional_column_chart/ ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "david_hutton.NO_SPAM" wrote: > I want to have blue bars when the values are positive and yellow when they > are negative. I have checked the box for "invert if negative" wh...

change the color of non-printing characters in this version of Word?