cannot access office 2007 after windows update

i updated my windows and now every office program says" microsoft excel has
not been installed for current user. please run setup to install the
application"
i cant access the setup

You cannot access the Control Panel to get at Add or Remove Programs?

Do you have an Office 2007 CD?

Have you tried Start>Programs>Microsoft Office>MS Office Tools and run
Diagnostics?

Just for curiosity..........which Windows Update caused the problem?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:49:01 -0800, marco gueli <marco
gueli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i updated my windows and now every office program says" microsoft excel has
>not been installed for current user. please run setup to install the
>application"
>i cant access the setup

0
Gord

Connecting to domain on SBS 2003 after windows xp sp3 repair
I'm having a problem with a computer at work. The computer is a dell optiplex gx270 it runs windows xp pro sp3. It is part of the office domain. A few days ago there was a problem shutting it down cleanly. As a result the person just hit the power button to shut the pc off. After that when the computer started it would boot and go through the windows start up but would when you tried to hit ctrl-alt-del to log in nothing would happen. There was absolutely no way to log on. I tried doing a manual rollback of the registry to a few days before the initial incident but that didn't ...

Window Redirection?

update column

open two different Access reports

Meeting updates #2

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

How can I add tabs to Bluetooth devices with windows default drive
I want to add an extension profile like FTP to windows default bluetooth driver stack and show a tab when right click on the bluetooth icon. It is said that "By impltmenting a shell proterty handler for the application" in Bluetooth Wireless Technology FAQ. I've tried that but it is only add a property sheet in Bluetooth settings, and my question is how to add a tab in the context menu just like "send a file" tab. Does it need a ContexMenuHandler and where should I registe it? ...

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

Couldn't Find c:\windows\system32\system.mdw Message
Loaded Access 97 on my new Vista Machine and got the above message when I tried to start Access. How do I fix this ? Vista has more stringent rules about who, and how you can write to the System32 (or Windows for that matter) folder. If you have another machine with and unsecured system.mdw file try to copy it to your new one. If it lets you, you are fine, if not you'll need to work with someone in a Vista newsgroup to figure out what the problem is. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "JWalker" <JWalker...

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

compact database in VBA access 2007

LDAP Write access?

Online Price Updates
Somehow online price updating was turned on in my file. I have turned it off. However, when I go to delete the erroneous past-dated Online Prices for a particular stock, it appears they are initialling deleting, but when I return to the stock later, all the deleted online prices (from the past) are re-instated. It is as though none of the price deletions I performed have taken effect. How do I clean up these erroneous past online price updates? ...