Can you use autofilter and a graph together?

I'm trying to use autofilter to select a single line of data (the
uppermost) then graph it.  Unfortunately When I select the source data
for my graph (A4 through IH4) then use autofilter it doesn't select the
top row of data, instead it still graphs the same row targeted before
the filter process.  How do I get it to graph the row beneath my
autofilter drop down list?

In a nutshell, can you use autofilter to select the line of data you
wish to graph?

Thanx in advance!

You can create a chart from all the data in the table. Then, filter the
data to show only the row you want displayed in the chart.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd (439)

Can't find where to change view!
I have Outlook 2002 all fully patched both on my Desktop and on my Laptop. When I view a particular message on my desktop version, it views in HTML. When I view the SAME message in Outlook on the laptop, it's just plain text. I can't for the life of me, find the option in Outlook on the laptop to change that! (It's probably SO obvious I just haven't seen it!) Thanks -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Do you have the Slovak Attachment Options add-in installed on the laptop? If so, check to see if the "Re...

Unsolvable cell naming question: Can anyone beat this one?
I am trying to copy and paste named cells from one workbook to another without having the first workbook file name attach to the named cells. For example, I am copying a cell named XYZ from file One.xls to file Two.xls. I need to have cell XYZ NOT say One.xls!XYZ when it is entered into Two.xls. Also, how can I get that message that asks if I want to use the cell names to not pop up? I think I understand what you're running into here. If the cell you are MOVING refers to a named range in it's source workbook that doesn't exist in the destination workbook, Excel will not ide...

Insert CRM Icon (i.e. contact) into Outlook menu bar and use hyperlink
hy, my customer doesnt like to access the contacts, accounts etc via the folder structure in outlook client - much too complicated.. he wants a "shortcut": I inserted the CRM icon for contact list view into the Outlook Menu bar and added a hyperlink, problem: with the following hyperlink: outlook://Microsoft%20CRM/Workplace/Customers/Contacts a new instance of outlook is opened. so after klicking 5 times on my contact ican, I have opened outlook 5 times... if I add the hyperlink: \\CRMserver\.... etc... I dont open the contact in the outlook view but open an internet explorer wind...

Can I insert a box on excel that can be checked and un-checked?
I would like to insert a box that can be checked or unchecked, like a check list showing what is done and what is not done. I was just wondering where I can find that. Thanks Right click on your toolbar, on the drop down pick Forms, should be there Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494386 ...

using common data in multiple sapreadsheets
I would like to copy the results from one range of cells in one worksheet of one workbook, to another cell in another worksheet in another workbook, can this be done? Sure if both workbooks are open: workbooks("book1.xls").worksheets("sheet1").range("a1:b99").copy _ destination:=workbooks("book2.xls").worksheets("sheet2").range("c9") If you paste to one cell, then the copy|paste command will react just like you did it manually. It'll expand the destination range to be the same shape as the original range. Travis wrote: ...

Using visio to design website
I'm using Visio Professional 2002. I discovered (to much excitement) that it has shapes to create a web site map. However, I'm quite lost as to how to use them to design/ document my site layout. So far, I've been using powerpoint and org chart to document my storyboard but if Visio is more powerful, I would really love to learn how to use it. Is there an online tutorial on this? Many thanks. Hi Melissa, Use the Conceptual Web Site template and shapes to design a site that does not exist yet. Use the Web Site Map template and shapes to discover and map a site that alrea...

Error can't empty clipboard appears when trying to copy.
When I try to copy and paste a table from Excel into Word I am getting the error "can't empty clipboard" appears after hitting the copy function...This has happened a couple of times but only after extended use of the program. When I pull up the clipboard there is nothing on it at all...I opened the clipboard on every program I have running to see if its full somewhere else but it isn't. ...

Repositioning a control using Visual Basic
I want to reposition some controls when I click a button and I'm not having much luck. Any help is appreciated. The code I am using is Me!Frame28.Top = 5.8646 It repositions the contro to the top of the form. If I try to add the inch sign ("), of course it is looking for additional code to end the statement. '"' doesn't work either. Thanks. "scott" <scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1682A689-62C0-4788-934E-C9EA5FC4AECF@microsoft.com... >I want to reposition some controls when I click a button and I'm not having &...

can not download explorer 8
When I go to download explorer 8 and go to run it this comes up and wont let me download the procedure entry point SHRegGetValueW could not be located in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.dll. How can I be able to download explorer 8? There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware infection! NB: If you had no anti-virus application installed or the subscription had expired *when the machine first got infected* and/or your subscription has since expired and/or the machine's not been kept fully-patched at Windows Update, don't waste your...

Excel menus are locked when opening an XLS file using IE
A financial website (www.investors.com) is publishing daily an Excel spreadsheet. When I click on the link, Internet Explorer asks me whether I want to save the file or open the file. When I choose "Open" the Excel file shows up nicely in my browser ... the IE menus change to Excel menus. Problem: I can only use the File menu choices; the other menus are LOCKED. Why? I'm using Office XP on Windows 2000 Professional. At work I'm using Office 2002 and things work fine. Is this an Office XP issue, or is ther somewhere a setting that I have to teak? Any help is mu...

Index using a defined name array
I have defined 3 arrays using DefineNames: Boys_11_12 Boys_13_14 Boys_15_16 I then have defined a Combo dropdown with the following choices: Boys_11_12 Boys_13_14 Boys_15_16 When the user selects the Boys age group using the Combo dropdown, I then use the selection in an Index function: Index(Boys_(one of the three),...) I get an error when using the Combo dropdown, but it works fine when I type in the array name directly into the Index function. Its as if it knows the array when typed in, but not using the Combo dropdown. I created the Combo dropdown by typing in the arr...

Reset Autofilter when opening a workbook
Hi all, Is it possible to reset the autofilter when opening (or closing) a workbook. The problem is: Row C must stay the autofilter. (and the sheet is password protected) Does someone has an anser for this problem? Thank you. Berry If you already have the outline/subtotals/autofilter applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True '.EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True If .FilterMod...

Using an Object from a Current form for Criteria in a Query
I am using Access 2000. I have a Command Button on a form that is designed to preview or print that customer's invoice. I use a Pop-Up Dialog Box. The end user will supply 2 pieces of data in this Dialog Box. This data, together with the Customer ID from the current form. will provide the 3 necessary pieces of info to pass on to the query, and eventually the report, that creates the invoice. I suspect that the "Me." or "Me!" "command" or "action" must be used, but am not clear about how to use it. Perhaps someone can give me so...

RE: Can't connect to OWA
Lee Derbyshire [MVP] wrote: > 404 means 'page not found'. Have a look in IIS Manager on the OWA > server, and make sure that it still has a Virtual Directory named > 'Exchange'. > > Lee. > > Yes, IIS has still a Virtual Directory named "Exchange". When I try to connect via IE to the OWA from the OWA Server I see the logon form, but after having provided any username and password (or domain\username and password) I receive the HTTP 404 error. ...

How can I copy address book from MSN to MS Outlook?

OWA
I have full permissions to other users' mailboxes, and can access them in Outlook, but when I try in OWA I receive the error "You are not authorized to view this page." The way I try to access the another user's mailbox is by appending /[email alias]/inbox. (I've also tried multiple combinations of substituting email alias with user logon name and keeping/dropping "inbox.") This worked at one time, but I haven't tried it in a while. So either some updates I have applied to my server (sbs 2003 premium - running Exhange 2003) or some other configuration ch...

How can I enumerate directory content in MFC?
Hello, I have a program that has to auto save some data automatically. I want to list autosave directory content and find the file with biggest serial number e.g. AutoSave_1, AutoSave_2, AutoSave_3,... and then create a file that its name is one greater than biggest value. I have to list directory content and then look for names. Problem is I couldn't find any info on MSDN on how I cando this in MFC. the only enumeration method I could find was under .Net How should I do this in MFC? thanks a lot. >Hello, I have a program that has to auto save some data automatically. I want >...

Time line in excel graph
I need a vertical line in my graph to show that the graph information after the line is the future predicted outcomes. I've tried countless different options and cant seem to find how to do this! Hi, There are various ways of addressing this problem. See the following for examples of adding lines to charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Wilkesy50 wrote: > I need a vertical line in my graph to show that the graph information after > th...

Add hours together
I'm trying to do up a timesheet - very basic mon-fri. I have time in and lunch and time out. At the end of each row I have a formula that calculates 7:15 hours i.e. number of hours worked that day. When I try to add up the five rows for the weekly total I get 12:15 but it should add up to 36:15 i.e. 36 hours and fifteen minutes. I've tried converting to serial number but can't seem to get it to work. There was a mention of a link to cpearson but that seems very complicated. I just want to add hours together to get a total number of hours. On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:22:05 -0700,...

useing arrows to move
new to excel and just imported some address's in and was able to move with arrow and now it will not work........ moves whole screen rather than to the next cell. what has changed, I want to be able to move useing arrows........... Carman, Try your Scroll lock key. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "carman" <carman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A214C5B-9513-4AE3-81B1-1DC26280812A@microsoft.com... > new to excel and just imported some address's in and was able to move w...

How to use/extract only a portion of a field
Help, oh please help using Excel 2007. If it is possible, I need to know how to use only a portion of a cell. Please keep your answer simple if possible. I'm pretty much a novice as I read answers of the forum:) My project is to create computer login cards for elementary grade students. For example, I've been given a file with Column 1 is a six digit student number (987654) Column 2 is the student's first name (Jane) Column 3 is the student's last name (Doe) What I need is to create is a combination of that information so it will read JD987654. Is there a type of formul...

Use of the SUBST command to reduce breakage of Access links
[Apologies for an apparent cross posting -- I accidentally posted this to .forms instead of .queries and I'm now posting correctly] One of the great failings of the past 20 years of Microsoft's dominance has been the failure to implement good file system redirection. XP today is almost as dependent on absolute paths as it DOS 2.1. [1] In the world of Access this manifests as broken links to external data sources. I use links very extensively in my data management work, a typical project may contains dozens of query files with links to dozens of data tables distributed over one or mor...

Why can't I see shading on my screen?
I cannot see pale shading on my screen. This happened with watermarks--I inserted one, but could not tell if it worked and had to go look at it on another comptuer. And I opened a document with some paragraphs shaded in pale green and couldn't see them. I'm using Word 2003 on Windows XP. Thanks, Suroor If the same shading in the same document shows up on another computer, then you need to adjust the contrast setting of your monitor. There should be buttons or dials on the bottom of the monitor to make the adjustments. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP ...

Search in multiple columns using VLOOKUP?
Hi, I'm looking for a formula to find a row in a spreadsheet with two matching fields which returns the value of a field in a certain column in that row. VLOOKUP only supports searching in one column as far as I know. Let me give you an example to clarify my request. Please read the following text in a non-proportional font like Courier New. Worksheet A A B C D 0 4 7 0 3 6 1 0 7 5 0 6 Remarks: either column A or B is always zero, and the other one non-zero. I need the formula to use the value of the field which is non-zero. Further on, the value of the column C has to match...

using reply with OE
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0090_01C44484.89544670 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I know this is an Outlook forum, and my question is about OE, but it = involves Outlook, so I wondered if I might be able to get some help from = here. I'm using Outlook Express for my online class. We do nearly all of our = class work through class room newsgroups. I have the newsgroups set up = alright in OE. I have Office 2000 (with Outlook) installed on my Win2K = PC. I have 3 mail accounts set u...