Can you regonise a coloured cell in a formula?

In Excel 2007 i am trying to find a formula that would be able to regonise if
a cell was shaded in a paticualar colour, green and purple, and count how
many there were for a specific month.
The coloured cells are in cloumn 2 and the month number is in column AO.

Is this possible?

Thanks for any assistance offered.

--
Jim

Hi
Yes you can see CPearson web

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx

if this helps please click yes thanks

"Jim" wrote:

> In Excel 2007 i am trying to find a formula that would be able to regonise if
> a cell was shaded in a paticualar colour, green and purple, and count how
> many there were for a specific month.
> The coloured cells are in cloumn 2 and the month number is in column AO.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks for any assistance offered.
>
> --
> Jim
sub checkcolor()' put in your desired color number
  if activecell.interior.colorindex=6 then msgbox "c"
end sub

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Excel 2007 i am trying to find a formula that would be able to regonise
> if
> a cell was shaded in a paticualar colour, green and purple, and count how
> many there were for a specific month.
> The coloured cells are in cloumn 2 and the month number is in column AO.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks for any assistance offered.
>
> --
> Jim

0
Don

How can I set the default dictionary in Publisher 2007
I cannot get the default dictionary to change to English Australian it always resets back to English US. Do you have the regional settings correct in the control panel? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Richmond boy" <Richmond boy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AB41E67-7E23-4A3B-A95F-6C209CCDB1F2@microsoft.com... >I cannot get the default dictionary to change to English Australian it always > resets back to English US. Yes I have it set to Australia. "Mary Sauer"...

Editing multiple cells with one action????
I have created many IF statements running down the page. To fill dow the page I added $ to the cell that I wanted to remain constant but no I want to fil across so I have to change the $ to a different cel reference in the IF statement. To avoid changing each individual IF statement (there are quite a few I was wondering if there was a way I could highlight all of the cell and just make the change in one which will change all of th highlighted cells. Please help, thanks. = -- Pedro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pedros's Profile: http://www.ex...

Simple Date Formula
Hello, Can some help me with the following problem - I want to make cell B3, with this date format - Jun 24, 2004 06:00:00 and add text to it either side. I've tried ="!!!"+B3+"!!!" but thi doesn't work. This calculation cell must be able to be cut and paste into a web form. Thanks, Charli -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ="!!!" & Format(B3,"mmm dd, yyyy hh:mm:ss") & "!!!" -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing di...

Conditional formulas with sum and if
Please help me this formula is driving me nuts. I am trying to add multiple ranges of fields, then taking the total and multiply by tenant square footage, then divide by gross leasable area, then take that total and multiply by an admin fee......NOT DONE YET.....then take that total and check it with an if statement....is this total <K55 if so enter the total, if false enter the value from field K55. So far this has stumped multiple IT personnel...PLEASE HELP! Here's an example of the formula: =-(sum(AC$215:AC$250+AC$252+AC$255)+(SUM B20:25+B30)*G55/J55*M55/12), if(<k55,[s...

Can not access Public Folders
I'm currently on Windows 2000 server SP4 with exchange 2000 sp3. When I try to access any of my public folders using the exchange system manager I'm getting the following error: The connection was refused. Ensure that your HTTP Virtual servers are all started and check the the WWW service is running. ID no: c103b401, Exchange System Manager. The two KB articles (319240 & 313721) talk about the Exadmin folder needs to be on port 80, which it is and the other article talks about permissions on specific folders which are correct also. I'm able to access the folders fr...

Can i back up all my e-mails to CD?
Just wondering if there is a way to backup all my e-mails to disc? They're all in my outlook inbox, and i would like to keep them after i format today. THanks Yep, close Outlook and burn the pst-file to a CD. When you want to access it again copy it back to your harddisk and remove the "Read Only" file property To access your pst-file on the new computer; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... To set it as the default delivery location; Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> button Next-> use the dropdownlist below -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com...

How can IIS access the database without having ASPNET account in the database
Hello! I have a CustomerData.aspx with two controls one SqlDataSource and one DataGrid that is listing every Customer in the Northwind traders database. I run the CustomerData from visual studio 2005 using the build in Development Server so I use the File system. This works perfect To make it work from IIS I created a virtual directory that points the the physical path where my web site is located. Now to the strange thing I just tried to run this page http://localhost/Northwind/customerdata.aspx from the brower and it worked without having added any account for ASPNET in Sql...

Tab key doesn't move cell by cell
.....it moves across the sheet one page at a time. Where can I change the setting back to how it used to be? Many thanks, Mark Mark Try Tools / Options / Transition / and uncheck Transition Navigation Keys. Andy. "Mark Ambrose" <mambros2@ford.com> wrote in message news:c27bh9$90k1@eccws12.dearborn.ford.com... > ....it moves across the sheet one page at a time. > > Where can I change the setting back to how it used to be? > > Many thanks, > > Mark > > "Andy B" <andyb@takethisbitout.dawsons.co.uk> wrote in message news:eC3ZO...

counting total cells with text
Hi , I have a column with text and blanks and I am trying to count the total number of cells with text. I searched through this site and found something with COUNTA() - COUNT() but this doesn't work because I have no numerical values. Any ideas are sincerely appreciated Thank you -- peace ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peace's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27035 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=444459 One way =ROWS(A1:A20)-COUNTBLANK(A1:A20) -- bill k -...

Pivot Table / Format cells
I am setting up a pivot table at the moment, and part of my source dat is formatted at percentage. In the pivot table it shows the data as 0. instead of 60%. I found out how to format the cell, by rightclicking it and going t select, enable selection, and then format / percentage. It now show 60% My problem is that I have a pull down menu at the top, with 100 names And when I choose the name Andy for example, and format the cell a percentage, it works, but as soon as I choose another name, for exampl ben, the fild is unformatted again, eg shows 0.6. Surely I don't have to go through th...

Merged cells when exporting reports into excel files
The excel files exported by custom reports we have made using reporting services, have a lot of merged cells. Do you have any idea why does this happen ??? Hi George, We have experienced this before and would like to share our findings Check your report to see if you have any labels added to the report... Generally Report Headings that are wide enough to extend the width of the columns below... Fix is to get to the width of the label to be equal to the width of the entire column being merged. So say you find column D and E merged. Extend the report header label to have a width wide e...

How to insert = in formula bar
Already this problem is posted but not answered for the right solotion? There use to be = button in the formula bar in Excell 2000 its not in excell XP, I tried with the = button from the toolbar but it did not worked as it did in excell 2000. How about clicking the fx symbol to the left of the formula bar? -- HTH Bob Phillips "Tirtha Raj Adhikari" <Tirtha Raj Adhikari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C02F4277-B8AC-4BE3-897A-368B2C6FFDD0@microsoft.com... > Already this problem is posted but not answered for the right solotion? > There use to be = b...

XP user can't send Outlook attachments
One WinXP Pro user can't send attachments using Outlook 2K. Outlook 2K says it can't find or open the file; even if explicitly typed in. If Outlook Express is used then there's no problem. "Options" & "Customize" settings seem reasonable. Other users on this system have no problems with Outlook 2K. Gone so far as, un-installing Office 2K, deleting the directory, reboot and reinstall. This is really perplexing. And would really appreciate ANY(!) pointers or ideas. Thanks in advance. Joe ...

Can I add a second Identity column by hand...
Hi Im trying to use a second identity column as an incrememntal number for a barcode on a ticket. Ive created my new entity but it wont let me add a second identity. Ive gone into the backend table and created this an another identity and everything seems to be working well. Is this good practice or should I not be mseeing with anything in the back end CRM databases. M Griffin Chester Zoo Developer Don't do it. The proper way is using a callout to create a unique number. I assume you did the following: 1. Created a new integer attribute on your entity 2. Changed the definition in t...

Every Other Cell/Row
I had to copy/paste some data into a worksheet. Unfortunately the data placed a cell in between each/every cell. For example, A1, A3, A5 all have data. A2, A4, A6 all have nothing in them. I want to remove the extra cells/rows WITHOUT having to highlight each cell/row and delete. And using the alphabet search doesnt do me any good as it messes up my order for the data. Any ideas? With range A1:A6 selected (assuming 6 rows) . On the Edit menu, click Go To. Click the Special button. In the Go To Special dialog box, click Blanks. Next, on the Edit menu, click Delete. Select the Delete ...

Can I set up a car loan to replace past category entries?
I originally had set up a zero interest car loan payment by just creating a category and sub-category. Now I would like to replace all the past information with a proper car loan created with the debt planner. I can easily create the car loan to start last year, even the calculation was the same as the car company. But there does not seem to be a way to move the past category entries into the loan. Yes, I did try moving the computer date back; created a loan and then reset the clock. Nothing in my Money 2002 data changed. Though my virus program had a snit and forced me to do a...

Can DMax Statement be added to Where Statement?
On a data entry form for entering data from paper "field" forms, we want to record the paper's "line numbers" for the rows. It is very handy to have the DefaultValue for the Line Number field be incremented automatically, so that only in rare cases does the field need to be dealt with by the person doing the data entry. Allen Browne's CD Library database example gave me a framework learn from that helped me to get this code working: Private Sub Form_Current() Dim strWhere As String If Me.Parent.NewRecord Then Me![txtLine].DefaultValue = 1 El...

can i do this type of stacking column chart? (and how?)
as a non-mathematically-minded designer type, i could really use some help! i need to create some stacking column charts where: - the value axis represents money, in a particular scale, in particular increments - the x axis represents different companies - each bar represents the MINIMUM, MIDPOINT and MAXIMUM amounts of money spent by each company, graphed against the value scale of money For example, say the scale is $1 to $100 in $10 increments. Company A spends a minimum of $5, a midpoint of $50 and a maximum of $70. I need the bar in the graph for company A to have three color segment...

Format cell to change seconds to mm:ss
I am working with data that shows time as a numeric in seconds. (ex. 5'50" shows as 350) I need this to show as mm:ss (ex. above 5:50) The mm:ss format does not do this. How can I do this? Hi try the following in an adjancet column (lets say B) enter the formula in B1: =TIME(0,0,A1) format this cell as time and copy this down After doing this you can copy the formula results and paste them as values ('Edit - Paste Specials - Values') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Larry White" <larry.whiteNOSPAM@worldspan.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:13...

logical (if a1=specific word, can c1 = value entered in a2?)
I am trying to make a payroll sheet so that if someone enters the word "Stat" into field a1, and then manually enters the number of hours worked into a2, then c1 automatically displays the same value that a2 displays. (I have 2 different columns at the end, one for regular hours and one for stat hours, and I need them to display all of the regular hours into one field and all of the stat hours into the column beside it.) =IF(C1="Stat",A2,"") "mel" wrote: > I am trying to make a payroll sheet so that if someone enters the word "...

auto color fill cells
how do I have cells auto background fill to a certain color when I enter texted into them?...... I don't want to have to do it one by one, nor do I want the whole colum to be that color, just the cells when I enter text into them, is that possible? Format=>Conditional format Cell Value is Not Equal To "" -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Chopper" <Chopper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0C2B250-E2D2-4C05-828F-6A7349D29968@microsoft.com... > how do I have cells auto background fill to a certain color when I enter > texted into them?.....

Sorting by colour
Hello Is it possible to sort a list by font colour? I am trying to find an easy way to synchronise the data between two spreadsheets and am thinking that colour-coding the text in one of the spreadsheets would make this process easier. Thanks for your help! Joe. Hi Joe, Take a look at Bob Phillip's site. http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html HTH Martin "Joe" <joe@eis.net.au> wrote in message news:C3512C7B.10216%joe@eis.net.au... > Hello > > Is it possible to sort a list by font colour? > > I am trying to find an easy way to synchronise...

Can't send mail between servers
Hi, I have the problem that I can't send mail between my 2 Exchange servers 2000. They are in the same administrative group and in the same domain, put the users in one server cannot send to the other server and viceversa. Anyone has a solution? What happens when they try? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "bijan" <georgefernandez@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:92cab9e17609ffecb7cf18bc44c7e5f8@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > Hi, I have the problem that I can't send mail between my 2 Exchange &g...

Background colour #2
I am using Outlook 2000 SR1 The preview pane shows all my incoming messages in black font on a white background. The same applies when I create a new email, which is fine. However, when I click on "Reply" I am presented with a grey background and blue font. I can change this back to black/white by using the format button on the toolbar but it doesn't stay. Next time I use Outlook, I'm back to the grey/blue again. How do I make it stick? The only thing that I have changed in recent times is the background colour in IE7 from white to grey, but this shouldn't aff...

Determine shape name associated with a specific cell
Yesterday I made changes to some code I found on the net: the code resizes the visible width of a validation dropdown list. The code I found refers to a very specific dropdown: the shape name specified is "Drop Down 1". Isn't it likely, or at least possible, that there may be "Drop Down 1" thru "Drop Down n" within the same spreadsheet? Is there code to determine the shape name associated with a particular cell? The code I have is Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) {delete to save space} If Target.Validation.Type = xlValidateLi...