can you make one worksheet update another

I have two similar worksheets within the same workbook.  One sheet is sorted
by name and the other sheet is sorted by a date for a speicfic name.  Is
there a way to change the date on the sheet, sorted by name, and that will
automatically find the name on the other sheet(sorted by date) and change the
date to the second sheet?

Jaime,

The normal way is to have one table, and sort it as needed when needed.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Jaime S." <Jaime S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two similar worksheets within the same workbook.  One sheet is
>sorted
> by name and the other sheet is sorted by a date for a speicfic name.  Is
> there a way to change the date on the sheet, sorted by name, and that will
> automatically find the name on the other sheet(sorted by date) and change
> the
> date to the second sheet?

0
nothanks4548 (968)

can't log in to email
I have vista home premium on my dell pc.I set up my email acct.and have had no problems but after setting up a second acct.for more personal things i was not able to send emails only receive.All of a sudden i can't log into second acct without receiving this error message Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F I have ...

How can I loop through fields in a known record
Hi my question is this how can I loop through a Known record ( same record every time) and store each field into a variable Somthing like this - (dont use this as it dont work) Dim Deft(i) as variant For i = 1 To 20 Deft(i) = DLookup(Fields(i), "tblSetupLocal", "[SID]=1") Next i So I can manipulate the variables and then send each variable value back to the correct field in the rocord the same way. it would be very helpfull if I could do this. Steve - From a land down under On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 21:07:01 -0800, Steve <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

How can I fill a text box with random text in Publisher?
I was pretty sure that this was possible. the ability to fill text boxes with random text automatically but can't seem to find the way to do it. I've always used Lorem Ipsum to do this... http://www.lipsum.com/ -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Fernando" <Fernando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19BF0EEB-23AD-41BE-A5CD-B078CC177FD7@microsoft.com... |I was pretty sure that this was possible. the ability to fill text boxes with | random text automatically but can't seem to find the way to do it. ...

Multiple Graphs from one data table
Hello! I have a data table that consists of 5 columns Date, Time, X, Y, Z I want to have two graphs. The first should have X-axes Date+time and Y-axis values from X,Y,Z. The X-axis should be sorted ascending by Date+Time The second graph should have Time as X-axis and values from X,Y,Z as Y-axis. Here comes the hard bit, the X-axis should be sorted ascending by Time How do I accomplish this?? // Anders ...

After Update If
Hello All, I have a combo box on a form (frmTaskDetails) that has the status of the current task open and a second field that has Completed Date. I'm looking to have the Completed Date automatically populate with Date() if the user choose Completed in the Status combo box. How would I go about doing this? My thought was in the After Update but everything I'm trying is not working. I'm trying to avoid validation rules if possible since it seems you can't control the message it pops up with. Thank you! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.access...

How do you create a macros without overwriting the previous one y.
The worksheet that I have has several tabs along the bottom; Report/Report2/Report3 etc…/Deliveries/Credits/Weekly Inventory/Recap What I am trying to do is create a macro that makes a new Report tab daily, I have done the Macro that creates the daily new report tab but the macro I have created always copies the original tab. I would like to find out a way that this macro will always create a copy of the latest report tab. maybe have it find the name of the last sheet Sub lastsheetname() ls = Sheets(Worksheets.Count).Name MsgBox ls End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281...

These MS Office Updates repeatedly fail to install
Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB973593) Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB973704) Update for Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007 (KB976416) Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB974561) See the "How to obtain help" section of, e.g., http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973593 For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY and/or 1-866-234-6020 in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security updates. ...

How can I round up and format prices to .95 ?
Hello: I'm trying to convert a column of prices, so that those prices ar rounded up to x9.95. That is 1 dollar will be converted to $9.95. $11 will be converted t $19.95. $26.00 will be converted to $29.95, etc... I can't figure out the formula so far. Thank you for replying -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here's one way =ROUNDUP(A17+0.00001,0)-0.05 -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "bianling >" <<bianling.16f19j@excelforum-nospam.com&...

Help to make Access 2007 DB/template view only
Hi I seem to remember that one could package Access in the past. i.e. create a packaged output that would allow users to use the database but not give them ability to tamper / change records. How can I do this? When I use the switchboard it seems that the only options are to edit the database and add to the database. What I want is the ability to USE but in view only mode the database. Kind regards to any boffins out there. ...

Can you Sparse a field in Excel??? and Database Query??
How can Sparse a field in Excel? I have a column/field with LastNM, FNM and Mid all together I need to break it up into a column/field for each part of the name. Can this be done in Excel? Can you convert a Spreadsheet into a Table in excel to be able to use New Database Query? One way; See help for test to columns and use a space as the delimiter HTH "TotallyConfused" wrote: > How can Sparse a field in Excel? I have a column/field with LastNM, FNM and > Mid all together I need to break it up into a column/field for each part of > the name. Can this be done in E...

Help! Can't retrieve important documents
I'm in a real jam. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to open a ms works (.wks) file in excel?? Without having wks on the computer. A conversion?? You could try to open it with a text program and then convert text to table using a field separator (comma) See response to your previous posting. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:36:03 -0700, DonnaD <donnadevine@yahoo.com> wrote: >I'm in a real jam. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to open a ms works (.wks) file in excel?? Without having wks on the computer. A conversion?? Configure your AV program --...

Can I open documents made with Quatro Pro with Excel
I have some documents that were created with Corel Quatro Pro. I need to open them. I was wondering if there was a converter for Excel to allow me to open these documents. I no longer have the machine with Quatro Pro on it. My current machine is running Office XP. Any suggestions?? Hi Click on File Open, select file type Quattro Pro/Dos Files (*.wq1) "docfluir" wrote: > I have some documents that were created with Corel Quatro Pro. I need to open > them. I was wondering if there was a converter for Excel to allow me to open > these documents. > I no longer have t...

Update to Windows 7 but can't find IE8 on computer...
Could use some help here...can't find a download for IE8 for W7 on your website either...very frustrating...going MAC as soon as I can afford... Windows 7 includes Internet Explorer 8. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est cabuckeye55 wrote: > Could use some help here...can't find a download for IE8 for W7 on your > website either...very frustrating...going MAC as soon as I can afford... You already have it. (It ain't our Website. No one here works for MS). -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "cabuckeye55"...

Setting axis parameters for a chart in the worksheet
I have a worksheet that replicates a project gannt chart and would like to set the date parameters from the min/max function in the worksheet. Can I set a link/range name from from the format axis/scale tab that will grab the worksheet cell data? Thank you Hi, With the help of VBA you can link the charts axis parameters to cells. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Steve S" <Steve S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05B02C6C-4459-4655-98D3-FA27ECD30CE4@m...

Applying a function to all used cells in another sheet
How can I display double the numbers in cells of Sheet1 in corresponding cells Sheet2? Normally I would type the formula in Sheet2 and manually drag the cells down to include all the used cells in Sheet1. (e.g. =Sheet1!A1*2 ) I want my formula to be automatically applied to all the used cells in Sheet1, but I don't know how many of them are there besides I don't want to display zeros for the empty cells in Sheet1. Any help? In cell A1 on your second sheet, put:- =IF(Sheet1!A1<>"",Sheet1!A1*2,"") and copy across and down your sheet 2 -- Regards ...

Online update fails
Hi, I have several Bank of America accounts. I was able to get the accounts to update online but for the past month or so online update fails and no inclination as to what went wrong is given. All accounts (checking, saving, etc) fail to update. I called Bank of America customer support to learn that they don't support Money. Can someone tell me how I can troubleshoot this? If you look at the commnets made in other threads you will find that the Bank of America automatic download from Money 2005 is at best very problematic. Money 2005 has introduced a second method for downloads fr...

MS Action Pack and CRM update
Anyone know when CRM 1.2 will be released for Action Pack subscribers? According to MS, it should ship in the next update in 2 days. Check here for contents: http://members.microsoft.com/partner/salesmarketing/partne rmarket/actionpack/updatekits.aspx >-----Original Message----- >Anyone know when CRM 1.2 will be released for Action Pack subscribers? > > >. > ...

Can't retrieve messages
I use Outlook Express to retrieve email from several different POP3 servers. Recently a message coming in from one of those servers contained a virus. My virus scan caught it immediately and deleted the infected file. However, Outlook Express never successfully downloaded that message from the server. Consequently, every time I check for email from that server, I get infected with the virus, my virus scan deletes the file, and Outlook Express gives me a message saying that my POP3 server has not responded in 60 seconds, do I want to wait? No matter how many times I say "yes...

Cannot update from Chase accounts?
Hi -- I recently installed Money Deluxe 2006 and followed the instructions for setting up direct import of my account data from Chase (username/password verified, "activated" Money access from Chase Online). It connects, I believe, to Chase (it lists my accounts), but from there it goes to "Update in progess" for seemingly ever without displaying data. Eventually it indicates the update was unsuccessful. I have been able to direct import data from other institutions without incident. Is there something special I need to be doing? Thank you, - Eric What type ...

Account Operators can't create mailboxes?
Hello, How can I ensure that users in my Win2k group "Account Operators" can successfully create Exchange mailboxes??? Right now, they can create new accounts, but cannot seem to create the exchange mailbox? Thanks, Troy They need to be at least an Exchange View-Only administrator in the Administrator group (or organization) with Exchange: 823018 Overview of Exchange Administrative Role Permissions in Exchange 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823018 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer...

does anyone know how to make powerpoint countdown
does anyone know how to make powerpoint countdown for e.g. 54321. I recieved a presentation a while ago and it looked as if it was on the same slide before moving onto the next slide in the presentation. thank you in advance -- paul Probably the easiest way is to have five superimposed shapes each with a differnt number and have them exit (or appear depending on the order) in sequence with a 1 second delay between them. -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerp...

How to make active dialog window on the top of the screen?
I have a modeless based dialog which have several child or grant child modeless based dialog. But child dialog always on top of the main dialog even the main dialog is active. How to make active dialog window on the top of the screen? You must create the child windows with the same parent as the parent window, that way they can be at the same level. Otherwise the children will always be on top of the child. for example if CMainDialog is the main application dialog (parent desktop) then if you are creating children within CMainDialog do it this way m_MyDlg.Create(CMyDlg::IDD,GetDesktopWi...

Install the corrective update for Internet Explorer
--ioxgjdwmtoicrdnc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mpbqztfn"; type="multipart/alternative" --mpbqztfn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="cwjmmabuowvnuf" --cwjmmabuowvnuf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect ...

How do I make Excel cursor work right?
Using Excel in Office 2000, never had any problems until last month: Once I click the cursor in an Excel cell, it will not move to a different cell, it only moves as if I am dragging it and highlights all the cells as it travels. Also, I cannot them use any of the top row of tools, etc. including Exit. Tried downloading patches and service packs to no avail. Happens with both touchscreen and mouse, and with left and right clicks. Press F8 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Banker Bill" <BankerBill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01137FFB-C8E0-43B2-ACAB-6B7...

Any one know what I should do to get this fixed?
Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9548 Date: 5/16/2006 Time: 5:01:07 PM User: N/A Computer: NORDICS1 Description: Disabled user /o=NORDICAIR/ou=first administrative group/cn=Recipients/cn=sskinner does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Assign "Self" to the account. Nue "Steve MCSE MCV A+ NET+" <stvnchrs@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:E6OdnUIqtO...