Can you make excel auto save your workbook?

I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is
possible. Can it do that?
0
Rhiannon (5)

Hi
what Excel version are you using?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Rhiannon" <Rhiannon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that
is
> possible. Can it do that?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/26/2004 8:47:36 PM
Excel 2003

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> what Excel version are you using?
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> "Rhiannon" <Rhiannon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that
> is
> > possible. Can it do that?

0
Rhiannon (5)
10/26/2004 9:03:04 PM
AutoSave was replaced with AutoRecovery in xl2002 (mostly used if
excel/windows crash).  It's not the same as autoSave, though.

If you still have your old version of autosave.xla, you can use it with xl2003.

Gord Dibben posted this:

Autosave.xla from Office 2000 or 97 will work with Excel 2002 or 2003.
If you have a previous copy, move it to your Office\Library.
To download the 97 version see here........
http://www.stat.jmu.edu/trep/Marchat/sp2001/Library.htm

===

As an alternative, you may want to consider using Jan Karel Pieterse's addin
called AutoSafe (note spelling).

It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves.  It saves to a user
selectable folder.  And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or puts
them in the recycle bin).  And the user can always restore the backups from the
recycle bin.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> AutoSave was replaced with AutoRecovery in xl2002 (mostly used if
> excel/windows crash).  It's not the same as autoSave, though.
>
> If you still have your old version of autosave.xla, you can use it with xl2003.
>
> Gord Dibben posted this:
>
> Autosave.xla from Office 2000 or 97 will work with Excel 2002 or 2003.
> If you have a previous copy, move it to your Office\Library.
> To download the 97 version see here........
> http://www.stat.jmu.edu/trep/Marchat/sp2001/Library.htm
>
> ===
>
> As an alternative, you may want to consider using Jan Karel Pieterse's addin
> called AutoSafe (note spelling).
>
> It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves.  It saves to a user
> selectable folder.  And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or puts
> them in the recycle bin).  And the user can always restore the backups from the
> recycle bin.
>
> http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
> (look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)
>
> Rhiannon wrote:
> >
> > Excel 2003
> >
> > "Frank Kabel" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > > what Excel version are you using?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards
> > > Frank Kabel
> > > Frankfurt, Germany
> > >
> > > "Rhiannon" <Rhiannon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > is
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

0
Rhiannon (5)

How can I have this IIF query running?
This is my query : strQuery = "SELECT DISTINCT ID_emp,name,adres,city, " _ & " sports = IIF(EXISTS(SELECT ID_sport FROM tblSports WHERE ID_pers= tblArbCtr.persID), 1, 0)" _ & " FROM tblArbCtr,tblEmployee WHERE Contract = 0 AND tblArbCtr.persID=tblEmployee.ID_emp" I want to find out the employees who don't have a contract (contract=0) first, and after that I want to verify whether they have a sport with the derived 'sports' column. The compiler fires the following error : '3061 : Too few parameters. ...

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Auto transfer of row
I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help -- alanle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297 this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function. if you want a perfect soluti...

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

learning Excel #3

Save as .doc
In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? REBeyer wrote: > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as a Word doc, though. "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > REBeyer wrote: > > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? > > Not that I know of. You can save as ...

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Excel VBA