Can you link cells between different files?

Are you able to link a cell and formula to a different
cell in a differnt file?
0
anonymous (74722)

Yes
"David C. Glasgo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Are you able to link a cell and formula to a different
: cell in a differnt file?

0
nospam202 (664)
10/24/2003 1:27:56 PM
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 06:05:28 -0700, "David C. Glasgo"
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
microsoft.public.excel.misc:

>Are you able to link a cell and formula to a different
>cell in a differnt file?

Try:
='[other workbook.xls]someSheet'!A1

--
Michael Bednarek
http://mcmbednarek.tripod.com/           "POST NO BILLS"

0
mb6705 (20)
10/24/2003 1:52:52 PM
I like to open both files.

the start typing my formula:  =
then use the mouse to point at the cell in the other workbook.

Excel will do the heavy work of making sure the syntax is correct.

Close that other workbook and watch what happens to your formula.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Word 2010 beta: Cannot save my Normal.dotm file
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But when I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup...

Tell the difference between upper and lower case
I have a column that has letters in it and I am using =COUNTIF(D13:D27,"M") in one cell and =COUNTIF(D13:D27,"m") in another. to keep track of what letters are put in the "D" column. But the both count the upper AND lowercase letters. Is there any way to mak excel tell the difference between upper and lowercase letters? Thanks Ro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com RogerDaShrubber wrote... ... >=COUNTIF(D13:D27,"M") in one cell > >and > >=COUNTIF(D13:D27,"m") in another. > >to keep track of what lette...

visible cell only

Using part of a cell in a chart title

move cell contents

Hello all, I have a rather simple to describe but difficult to solve problem. Our customers want to use our ANSI MFC program to show different languages. For example Polish. When I set the font for the different controls they behave different. For example the CEdit shows the polish characters just right but the CButton with checkbox style shows glyphs instead of the special characters. Every control that is owner draw and uses for example the DrawText() function of the device context shows the characters right. I've experimented with _UNICODE for the display part and everything I could ...

MS Money 95 data files

can't customize toolbar

cant start outlook pst file to large

Percentage difference
Hi guys, Not exactly great at formulas, so any help would be appreciated. Excel 2207 In cell k2 and below are buying prices. In cell j2 and below are selling prices. I just need to know the 'mark-up' percentage. Also, would be a great advantage for the formula to work the other way around....showing 'loss' as well !!!!!!!!!!!! Have tried: =2*ABS(J2-K2) / (J2 + K2) and =(J2-K2)/J2 and several other variations, but to no avail. Not sure whether I am needing 'relative' or 'absolute' either!! Thanks in advance Bob Hi Bob, Am Sun, 30 Oct 2011 1...

Where is the workspace file stored?

Time differances
1 have 4 boxes start time end time lunch hours worked 09:00 17:00 1.00 7:00 09:00 17:00 0.30 7:70 (should be 7:50) (B3-A3)*24-C3 How do I make it 9.5 hours by changing forumla Thanks Trever, =(B3-A3)*24-C3*24 Format for General, Number, or anything except Date/Time. Format - Cells - Number. You'll get 7.5. If you got 7:50, as you requested, it would look like hours and minutes. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Trever B" <TreverB@discussions.microsoft.c...

Can anyone help ?

Trying to read XML file into dataset

opening .bak file