Can you display numbers as words in excel (eg. 10 as ten)?

Can you display numbers as words in excel (eg. 10 as ten)?
Basically I have standard forms in Excel that require a number both in
numerics and in words, like a cheque. Ideally I would like to type in the
number and for another cell to = this number but display it in words. Is this
possible using Excel 2000?

Thanks.
0
White (24)

Stefan,

You could type in a list with numbers in one column and the associated words
in the second column, then use VLOOKUP.

1   one
2   two
3   three
39  thirty-nine
40  forty

Eric

"Stefan White" wrote:

> Can you display numbers as words in excel (eg. 10 as ten)?
> Basically I have standard forms in Excel that require a number both in
> numerics and in words, like a cheque. Ideally I would like to type in the
> number and for another cell to = this number but display it in words. Is this
> possible using Excel 2000?
>
> Thanks.
0
Eric1 (389)
10/5/2005 3:28:17 PM
Stefan -
Have a look at the following link, it has a UDF that you can taylor to do
this:

Regards,
Dave

"Stefan White" wrote:

> Can you display numbers as words in excel (eg. 10 as ten)?
> Basically I have standard forms in Excel that require a number both in
> numerics and in words, like a cheque. Ideally I would like to type in the
> number and for another cell to = this number but display it in words. Is this
> possible using Excel 2000?
>
> Thanks.

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

learning Excel #3

random number generator
Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a random order for those? Use the RAND() function. If 1-10 are in A1:A10, enter =RAND() in cell B1 and copy it down through B10. Recalc (F9), then sort by column B. Hope this helps, Hutch "pat67" wrote: > Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a > draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a > random order for those? > . > You would have to generate 10 random numbers ...

number format with leading 0

How to get to email from Word

wprintf() could not display unicode chars which is > 255 to console?
Hi�� I encountered a problem about wprintf() to display unicode chars which is > 255 in my console app. I am sure I have defined _UNICODE in my VC6 Project Setting. I had a search with google and found that my question was some like the case: http://blog.kalmbachnet.de/?postid=23 . Is it true that there is some bugs in wprintf()? Thanks for your help. David I assume you are writting a c++ program. Can you give preference for ostream cout, wcout on printf/wprintf? use wcout like this:- wcout << L"How are you?" -- Vipin Aravind MVP "David" <David_Wa...

Excel VBA