Can you copy email addresses in to new column out of Hyperlink column

I had been using Excel worksheet as my contacts manager.  It contains columns last name, first name, addr, tel, and Email address(as hyperlink).  I am trying to import this data into outlook.  Unfortunaltey Outlook requires email addresses as text field and Hyperlink field.  Any clue, how I can copy addresses out of hyperlinks through full column into new column with email address as Text only

anonymous (74722)

Dear PM
Try this...
Select and copy the entire column of hyperlinked email
addresses, then in your new column paste special, values.
this should hopefully do the trick.

Hope this helps

Paul Falla

0
paul_falla (99)
2/23/2004 11:18:29 AM
I had tried that.  But that does not work :)

I have about 2000 email addresses Hyperlink to convert to text.  Doing it one at a time manually is going to be painful.  I there a VBA procedure that can help

0
anonymous (74722)
2/23/2004 2:36:05 PM
Hi PM!

It doesn't work if you copy and paste special values to the same
column but it does work if you copy and paste special values to a new
column.

Tried OK on Excel 97 through to Excel 2003
--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"PM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had tried that.  But that does not work :)
>
> I have about 2000 email addresses Hyperlink to convert to text.
Doing it one at a time manually is going to be painful.  I there a VBA
procedure that can help?

0
njharker (1646)
2/23/2004 2:53:20 PM
I am using Office 2003

The Email addresses are in column E.  The hyperlink text to display of each cell of that column is "Click to E-Mail" with different email addresses.  I copied full column E, clicked Paste Special to column G (a blank column), checked Values and click OK.  What it copied to new column was "Click to E-Mail" all through; not the email addresses!  I also tried to Paste Special on a new Sheet.  It gave same results :<
0
anonymous (74722)
2/23/2004 4:16:07 PM
How did you create the hyperlink?

Via the worksheet function =hyperlink() or via Insert|Hyperlink?

If it from insert|hyperlink, then you could use a UserDefinedFunction:

Option Explicit
Function GetURL(Rng As Range) As String
    Application.Volatile

    Set Rng = Rng(1)

    If Rng.Hyperlinks.Count = 0 Then
        GetURL = ""
    Else
        GetURL = Rng.Hyperlinks(1).Address
    End If
End Function

So if you had a hyperlink in A1, you could put =getURL(a1) in that adjacent
cell.

Be aware that if you change the hyperlink, then this formula cell won't change
until your workbook calculates.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

More Columns #2

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

New to excel

New Implementation

invalid email address

New Record

Having problem with spoofing email

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

outlook 97 and express email problems

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Emails #3

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook