Can you conditional format bar and pie charts in Excel 2000?

Hello,

I don't know if this is possible in excel 2000 but I figured I woul
ask a quick question instead of continuing to spin my wheels on it.  I
there anyway to automatically conditional format the color of a pie o
bar chart.  In other words, I have a table of data that is going t
change from month to month.  The table I am graphing looks like this:

Project     Size    Status
Project A   $2m     Green
Project B   $.5m    Green
Project C   $1.2m   Red

The number of projects and status' could change from month to month.
want to create a pie (or bar) charts that will auto format the color o
each piece of pie (or bar) to the status color.  Is this possible?

Thanks for your help,

Well, not really, but....

You can create the illusion of a bar that is changing color by creatin
a stacked bar chart based on a matrix of data created using th
conditions you determine.

See the attached file for an example using your data. Change th
red/green label on your data and the graph will update accordingly

     Attachment filename: conditional format bar chart.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=41674

Hi tcolan,

Part of the example demonstrates how to create conditional formatting in
a pie.
(http://www.andypope.info/charts/pies.htm)

Also have a look at Jon's examples,
(http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html)

tcolan < wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I don't know if this is possible in excel 2000 but I figured I would
> ask a quick question instead of continuing to spin my wheels on it.  Is
> there anyway to automatically conditional format the color of a pie or
> bar chart.  In other words, I have a table of data that is going to
> change from month to month.  The table I am graphing looks like this:
>
> Project     Size    Status
> Project A   $2m     Green
> Project B   $.5m    Green
> Project C   $1.2m   Red
>
> The number of projects and status' could change from month to month.  I
> want to create a pie (or bar) charts that will auto format the color of
> each piece of pie (or bar) to the status color.  Is this possible?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Tom
>

> ---

Cheers
Andy

http://www.andypope.info

0
andy9699 (3616)
1/23/2004 11:06:20 AM
that's great for a bar chart.  is there a way to do something similar
for a pie chart?

thanks,
tom

---

Steps in Exchange 2000 to change domain name?
We have an existing domain name (company.com). We have decided to change our name to newcompany.com. Right now the users are user@company.com and we want it to be user@newcompany.com. What do I need to do to change that in Exchange? I have made the necessary DNS changes (or so I believe). Thank you!!! Douglas Just add newcompany.com to your recipient policy & make it the default...best not to remove your existing company.com addresses as it may help during the transition to let users receive mail for both addresses. See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html for help. ; ...

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

conditional formatting sort

Excel button problem

Colored Scroll bars
Hi, We would like to change background color of all scroll bar components in our ..Net application, but change should apply to all controls in our application. I mean not only ScrollBar controls explicitly used, but scroll bars in tree, listview, combo and third-party controls etc. We even have MFC control used through managed c++ wrapper with its own scroll bars. Is there some way to do it (subclassing windows, application-wide hook, etc) ? We can code it Win32 pure if it helps. Alexander Arlievsky. Scroll bars in list controls, tree controls, etc. are not "real" scroll bars, bu...

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

learning Excel #3

Excel 97 #9

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

Excel VBA