Can validation lists be enlarged

When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which
has been reduced to view.
0
AC (32)

Hi
for a workaround see:
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"AC" <AC@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a
spreadsheet which
> has been reduced to view.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Can this be done............
Pub 2003 Is there a way to rotate a bullet? I'm using a bullet that looks like the right hand giving the OK sign (in the US, the rest of the world reads it a bit differently). I'd like to rotate it the symbol 90� counterclockwise. I know, this is a really strange request but I have a reason for wanting to do this, other than making my bullet multi-cultural. -- JoAnn Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. --Emile-August Chartier Wingdings has them all ways. Just select one from the font. -- David - you got my hopes up ...

Want use results of Drop down list to look up a value
I am using Excel 2002 and I have a multisheet workbook and on the first sheet I have created a series of 6 drop down lists pulling from predefined named ranges. I also have limited subsequent choices based on what is selected in the other lists. The end result is the user will be selecting parameters that identify a product and now I am stuck with an easy way to look up the associated part number based on the parameters they selected. Essentially, once they have chosen the parameters in the list, I would like to create a macro that uses those values to locate the associated part...

can u convert a mac font to pc for me? (reply and i'll send it to ur e mail)
I doubt anyone will respond positively to your request. Fonts are usually copyrighted, and converting them would be a violation of that copyright. This is especially true if the font is a commercial font. Can you not find a Mac equivalent? I believe I've run across freeware converters for just this purpose. You might try versiontracker. I know I found something to convert some fonts I absolutely needed in a bind (but I have since forgotten). "serdar" <serdarsoy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:elqKvj0cFHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > In addition,...

I can send but I cant receive email?
I can send but I cant receive email? any suggestions? My car won't run. Any suggestions? "sara jo" <sara jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA72D41A-47C8-4A48-A61C-59C5286FD898@microsoft.com... :I can send but I cant receive email? any suggestions? sara jo wrote: > I can send but I cant receive email? any suggestions? You really thought anyone could troubleshoot your problem with such a ridiculous absence of details? --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER than yourse...

how can text be set up to generate a number?
i would like to a word generate a number, i.e.> enter "apples"in one cell and excel generate "352" in a different cell for items like inventory. Basically You will need to set up a 'Lookup' table somewhere with Apples 352 In two columns. Complete this for all entries and then if you are going to enter 'Apples' on another sheet in A1 then in A2 enter =VLOOKUP(A1,Your_Lookup_Range_Address,2,FALSE) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "jwmaes" <jwmaes@discussions.microso...

can i change the read receipt
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The read receipt by default set by outlook can be changed if yes pls. = let me know how ??? ITDuke ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"te...

Help please, can't start up!!
When I start the PC, after the loading bar for Microsoft thing finishes,instead of going to login screen it gives me a blue screen, and it says Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. This just happened overnight!!!! Help please. :( -- Excessive Here are some hints ( 'Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA' (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms793437.aspx) ). Try starting the system in safe mode (keep tapping F8 after power-on). -- whs Additional info: - I use Spyware Doctor scan every few days - I left my computer on for the night like always,and ...

Can you load pre-GP sales history?
When converting to GP from another system, is it possible to load historical sales data (assuming the invoices are all paid)? We'd like to be able to create life-to-date detailed sales reports for our customers, but in order to do so we'd have to load their purchases prior to our installation of GP. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Sure! Simply import the transactions. "Bud" wrote: > When converting to GP from another system, is it possible to load historical > sales data (assuming the invoices are all paid)? > ...

Can't see text box fill colour
I have recently reloaded Office Small Business following a hard drive crash. I made some changes to display in Control Panel Accessibility this time that weren't there before. I've changed back to default but the problem continues. Previously I could fill or border text boxes and see the results in both normal view and print preview. Now the fill/border colour is only visible in print preview. Borders appear as black and fills as white in normal view. Text colours are unaffected. This is making life difficult as white text in a black fill just disappears until I go to pr...

Can't See Word Check Boxes in Outlook
I have a Word Document that I wish to send via the File->Send To->Mail Recipient once it is filled in. The document has questions that require the User to select a check box for the different selections (Excellent, Good, Poor, Very Poor). When I send the document, the check boxes show up in Outlook, however when the email arrives the check boxes are no longer there. Is there a way to have the check boxes show up in the email, or, are they somehow being stripped? ...

Adding members to Marketing Lists whilst offline
Hi, When in Offline mode of CRM 3.0, the 'Manage Members' button in the Marketing List Members section of Marketing Lists screen is not available. Does anybody know if it is possible to change the configuration to display this button, and allow users to add members to marketing lists whilst working offline? Thanks Hi Steve, Sorry, but CRM 3.0 does not allow the managing of List members while in Offline mode. You must be online with your client or using the web client in order to manage the list members. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and...

Q: how can I write this macro?
Hello, I am trying to copy-paste a part of an excel file based on the selected cell and create another excel file and save it. Here is the scenario: 1. I clicked E18 (this is an example, it can be D18 or others) and run the macro 2. Macro should select E1-E18 (if D18, then D1-D18) and A1-B18 (so first two columns and selected column up to the row the cell selected) 3. copy selected area 4. Create a file test.xls 5. paste it into first cell (I assume this will combine all three columns together, so the data will be in A.B and C columns, not in A,B and E (or D)) 6. save file How can I do t...

Can't open spreadsheet from website
I can't open an Excel 2000 document in IE6. An Excel window opens but the spreadsheet won't display. The document contains several worksheets and one contains a textbox (which might be a problem). I need to be able to view, from this website, 22 worksheets per catagory with 4 catagories total. Help!!! ...

Data Validation in XL2007 suddenly stops functioning
I created a workbook in XL2003 that included some named ranges on Sheet2 that fed some data validation lists on Sheet1. Everything worked as expected. My colleague opened up the workbook in XL2007 and used it several times, and everything worked as expected. Then she called me, saying that it was broken. Of the 6 named ranges and related data validation columns on the other sheet, none of them were working anymore. I went over to her PC, and checked everything I could think of- I could set up working data validation test cells on Sheet2, but could not get the ones on Sheet1 to...

dropdown list problem for newbie
i have a column(A) where each cell is a dropdownlist(same list). if person chooses an item from that list...can it return a correspondin value? example: my drop down list corresponding value animal 005 building 1174 vehicle 3345 so for a specific cell...lets say A1, i choose building from th dropdown. i want it to return a value of 1174 in cell A1. is this possible? if so please help? thx eri -- enag ----------------------------------------------------------------------- enags'...

Can an item you have purchased in the past become a BOM?
We are currently purchasing an item from a vendor (PO history, order history etc) that we are planning on manufacturing ourselves in the next month. I've been tasked to see if there will be any issues with using the same part number we currently ORDER from a vendor to change it into a BOM in the future. I've tested this out in our test company and cannot find any reason why we cannot use the same part number - we simply would not be able to ORDER that part any longer from anyone. Has anyone else ever gone through this process before? any issues? OR is it better to give this i...

Mail in Outbox can take several hours to go out
Using Outlook 2000 on WinXP Pro system. Outgoing mail sits in the Outbox for two or more hours before it goes out and appears in sent mail. Occasionally outgoing mail will not go out at all. This occurs with both new email or replies. Receive mail okay. Just a send problem. Anyone have an idea what is going on? wow... that is awesome... unfortunately, Outlook did not enterthe birthdays into the Calendar for the imported contacts, it only does it for each contact created in outlook... hehe... I will get it though; thank you very much for finding that for me, it will still...

Can multiple cell results be displayed in a single cell?
Is it possible to display the contents of multiple separate cells in another single cell? If the results of several cells say B1, B2, and B3 are the amounts $10, $15 and $20, I would like to display them in cell A1 as follows: $10 $15 $20 I could do this statically by using text and the 'Alt|Enter' function within the cell. However, these amounts will change from time to time so I'd like a link. Is this possible or not? Thanks for any help. Brett Brett One way: In A1: ="$"&B1&CHAR(10)&"$"&B2&CHAR(10)&"$"&B3&am...

Can't enter activation key for Money Plus Deluxe
My activation key for Money Plus Deluxe is composed of one group of two letters and then five groups of five letter/number combinations. I can only enter four letter/number combinations in the activation boxes. When I try to enter the fifth letter/number, I get a "ping" and it won't enter. Therefore, I can't activate my program. Any ideas?? Thanks! Chuck, check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941425/en-us question 15 might resolve your problem. Hope this helps. -Kevin "Chuck" <chleven@msn.com> wrote in message news:ux$j%23HO9IHA.4608@TK2MSF...

Appending data in cells that utilize a Dropdown list.
Hello all, I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list. Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I cannot append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I can enter more than one in a cell from the dd list? -- Thanks, Geek using Office XP Professional Hi Geek Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook showing how to do this http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html...

XML Schema Validation Question
Hello, How can I use XSD to ignore certain nodes of an XML document. Specifically, we have an event that I want to define using XSD. I then want to validate incoming XML events with that XSD. However, I want the payload section of the event to be freeform and thus, *NOT* validated. Is there a way to define a node (and all of it's contents) in an XSD so that the validator requires that the node exists, but does not attempt to validate the contents of the node? Example of the event: <MyEvent> <Header attribute1="true" attribute2="23"/> <Payl...

Office 2003
I just installed Office 2003 and I am unable to view my received email messages in the Reading Pane; there is nothing in the pane but “from, to, and the subject”. The reader is blank where the message should be. I know that there is a button somewhere that I need to push. Can someone help me? ...

Exchange 2003 All Address Lists
In Exchange 2003, under System Manager | Recipients | All Address Lists, I do not want users in Outlook to able to see the default address lists: All Contacts, All Groups, All Users, Public Folders. I would rather create my own Address Lists which contain specific grouping of users. What is the best way to go about this? For example, should I delete the default address lists, and create my own? Yes you can do that. When you say "Groups", let's clarify something. You cannot filter them based on AD domain group membership. You must use an LDAP filter to identify groups...

dist list
I have a list of people distributed on week days, such as: Monday: alex, rose, lisa Tuesday: george, gary, mitch wed: ...... Th:..... Fr:.... I would like to create a dist group say named "meeting" and when i send email to "meeting" address on monday, alex, rose, lisa will receive the mail only and if i send on tuesday george, gary, mitch will receive the mail only..... Any suggestions are highly appreciated... Thanks... -- renomero "renomero" <renomero.59201dc@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:renomero.59201dc@outlookbanter.com... >...

Financial institution list incomplete
One of the institutions listed in Money 2004 financial institutions list is no longer being listed. The institution is listed as an institution that Money supports. I've tried updating the list using the "Get the latest Money updates" to no avail. Does anyone know how to force an update of the fipartnr.ini file or know where I can get an updated version? I've tried the suggestions in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 247570 and they didn't work. In microsoft.public.money, Chris wrote: >One of the institutions listed in Money 2004 financial >institutions ...