Can this be done????......Help !..A Challenge

What I am wanting to do is.......

I have a file with multiple worksheets...

One of the worksheets has conditional formatting....red
for above target..green for below target....

What I would then like to do is...from the data which is
either above or below target...plot these into a pie
chart....but keep the conditional formatting so that the
pie chart is full of red or green sections...

I can provide a copy of what i would like....if you can
help..id be much appreciated.

Tim Harding

timharding@hotmail.com

I think I can help.  Send me a copy...

I think using cells on the worksheet (and mimicking the conditional formatting
in those cells) is a lot easier than writing code to examine the conditional
formatting rules.

You could always dedicate a column or two for this info.  If you don't want to
see the columns, then hide them when you're almost done.

But if you're really curious about looking at conditional formatting, take a
look at Chip Pearson's web page:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

How can i run my exe in remote machine.?
Friens , I have a requiremet to run an exe in a remot system in my lan.How is it possible? can i execute the process from my system without transfering the executabl;e to the target machine..? Thankz in advance Sathyan Look for PSEXEC utility at http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psexec.shtml. Not possible to execute it w/o transferring the exe. --Harish >-----Original Message----- >Friens , >I have a requiremet to run an exe in a remot system in my lan.How is it >possible? can i execute the process from my system without transfering the >executabl...

can view but can't open some mails
cant open some of my mails in my pst folders. say they have been removed but they are still there as I can access them via web mail Are you getting your mail from an IMAP server? "gg" <gg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F81E637-EC1B-4159-9EB4-052D55BA58E8@microsoft.com... > cant open some of my mails in my pst folders. say they have been removed > but > they are still there as I can access them via web mail Yes I am we do not have microsoft exchange server. I can view them from web access well enough and could download them but that is a pai...

Help
Hello, I use Outlook 2007 and Windows XP sp3 in the last 2 months I have had to rebuild my Outlook Index 3 times. When the search function stopped working yet again... I did the following: 1. Delete unnecessary emails 2. Archive 3. Compact pst 4. Scan pst 5. Repair pst There was only 1 minor error about a file that was not in a folder - so a folder was created. So it doesn't appear my pst is corrupted. Why does this keep happening? I am in the process (yet again) of rebuilding) but want to know why this keeps happening? Many thanks! Hello, did you fin...

Query Help 03-16-10
I have two tables that you see below. The first table called CompletesAndNonCompletes holds information on who completed a course in the company. If the field called CompletionDate is not null then that means that the person completed the course. (in other words if there is a date in this field then that means that the person completed the course.) The second table entitled CoachingSession is a table on everyone that took a follow up coaching session after they completed the course. Username from the first table and ID4LIFE from the second table are the related fields. A person that...

Can't Close File
I didn't write down the message at the time, but on several occasions I get the message "Can't Close File - File Is In Use". Then I click on Save again, and it saves it just fine. Then if I open and save it again immediately, I don't get the message. It's as though the original save command was issued before something else that's going on has completed. Yes, I've searched the KB, and found nothing. Regretably I can't remember whether it's always the same file, but I don't think so. It just happens occasionally, but it's unnerving when it...

Is there an expense report template I can download?
Laurie, This expense template from Microsoft might help: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC062062751033.aspx ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Laurie" wrote: > ...

Can not open Headquarters Manager keeps asking for the dongle.
Can not open Headquarters Manager keeps asking for the dongle, using the evaluation CDs. Is this a new install of the Eval, or have you been running it for a while? The Evaluation is designed to expire after a certain period ( can't remember if it's 45, 60 or 90 days for HQ). If you have been evaluating the product but need to continue for a longer test period, you can do so by creating a new database using HQ Administrator. If you just installed the Eval and are getting this message from the beginning, it's because the Eval CDs have sample databases with a builtin expira...

text box on a chart can't be copied
Excel 2003 I have a regular clustered column chart that shows compliance on turning in forms. Each manager is supposed to turn in 4 audit forms each month (with an optional 5th week). Each form has 5 audits on it so that's 5 audits from each manager each week. I have a little chart that shows how many they turn in each week with a horozontal line for the goal (240 for the month) on the left side of the chart I have 5 text boxes: week 1, week 2, etc It looks great and is easy to see at a glance who has turned in what they should when they should. the problem is that I copy the char...

Where Can I Get SP3?
I need to download GP Service Pack 3, but it is not in the downloads section on Customer Source! Can someone please point me in the right direction? -- Brandon On Jan 21, 9:57 am, "Brandon" <bsm...@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote: > I need to download GP Service Pack 3, but it is not in the downloads section > on Customer Source! Can someone please point me in the right direction? > > -- > Brandon Here you go - https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/servicepacks/microsoftdynamicsgp90servicepacks.htm?printpage=false You can gene...

Basic IF function help
i am new to excel and trying to use the IF function. i am trying to figure out how to get excel to only display the result of the formula is a number. in some cases, the formula has "0" in numerator so i get "Div/0" answer. in that case, i want the result to display just a blank. any help will be appreciated. thanks. my current formula is =IF((4*R3/G2)xxxxxx,(4*R3/G2),("N/A")) One way: =IF(G2=0,"",IF(4*R3/G2)xxxxx,4*R3/G2,"N/A")) In article <1168958132.311542.122240@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>, "gtd068a" <IKhan11@...

Can't Reply or Forward an email in Outlook 2007
I'm using Outlook 2007 SP1 and am having an issue where I can't reply to or forward a message if I have the option set to include the original message text with the email. It gives me one of those report this error to Microsoft messages, then boots me out. I can include the original text as an attachment or specify to not include the original message text and it will work. Another weird thing is I can't copy and paste something into a new email message or else I get that same Microsoft error message, but I can copy and paste something into a Reply to message. It doesn't mak...

Excel opening with Visual Basiic File not Found Error?? Help!!!
When I open up Excel I am receiving an error message "Microsoft Visual Basic File not Found" when I hit help it tells me it is file not found error 53. Can anyone provide me some information on how I need to fix this problem. Help!!!! Thanks, Judd Hi Judd, See responses to similar questions from Tom Ogilvy http://tinyurl.com/9nubf and Dave Peterson: http://tinyurl.com/829pc --- Regards, Norman "jbsand1001" <jbsand1001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6EAD2E6-E90E-4929-9368-0C96BCADC374@microsoft.com... > When I open up Exce...

Current sessions, spam, smtp, relay
In the past week we have been getting a lot of spam mail. And just like all you admins out there.. GGGRRRRAAAAHHHHH!!! It's weird because they are coming and going from people that do business with us. Not only are they sending us spam, we are sending them spam as well. I checked to see if the relay settings were correct. Read http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310380 and set everything up as they said to do. I unchecked the "Allow all computers with successfully authenticate to relay, regardless ..." Now i don't know if that was the way they were sending spam but i also am log...

Need help in string conversion
Hi, This might be a stupid question, but being a novice I can't help without asking someone. How can I convert a string to LPTSTR? For example I have, string command = "runMe -f test.txt"; command += anotherString; LPTSTR commandLine = command; //this won't work and that is where I need your help. Thanks in advance, Rajesh LPTSTR can become a LPWSTR or LPSTR based on whether you have UNICODE defined. You can relate 'string' to LPSTR and 'wstring' to LPWSTR. So you have two options. 1. Use a generic 'tstring' which becomes a string/...

How can I speed up loading user settings on login?
My Win XP SP3 PC is showing signs of its age and is slowing down. I have improved things to some extent using msconfig to sort out start-up programmes and processes etc, and have tweaked things further with Process Explorer. However things are still extremely slow once the user has logged on, it's a family PC with 4 accounts. How can I tell what is going on after I have logged into my account? There's lots of chatter from the drive, but it takes and age before I see my desktop in full and am able to do anything. TIA. Chris. you can delete the files in the...

Pls help with embedding wmp in a non-dialog mfc view
Hi, I'd like to add mpeg, avi, and wmv playback capability to my mfc app. I thought that this would be quite simple if I decide to use Windows Media Player ActiveX instead of DirectShow filtergraph. Unfortunately that did not happen (i.e. the 'simple' part). First I struggled with Visual Studio ..NET - inserting wmp into the project did not generate CWnd derived wrapper class (as stated in sdk docs). Instead it generated COleDispatchDriver derived class. I did not want to waste any time on typing (clsid, create, etc.) so I decided to use VC6 and generated CWnd derived wrapper...

All of a sudden i cannot send emails but can recieve.
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender address rejected: Access denied', Port: 587, ...

help sorting with commas
I am trying to sort data in a column in the following manner and have n idea how. An example of the current data in a cell is 1 a, 2 b, 1 c, 4 d, 7 e every cell is different. I would like it to sort the data so that the commonalities are goupe together. For example. All the cells that contain 1 a, 2 b, 1 c, 4 d, 7 e woul be together and then 1 a, 2 b, 1 c, 4 d would be together. My boss called it comma delimited, but in looking around on this sit that doesn't seem to be it. Any help is greatly appreciated -- arku -------------------------------------------------------------------...

how can I get odbc plugin for Excel 2003 ?
In Excel 2003 help, it says that for SQL.RESULT() function, ODBC plug-in must be installed. In MS web site, only the ODBC plugin for Excel 2002 on Windows XP in available. I am using Excel 2003 on Windows 2000. Could I get a pointer to where I can get this XLODBC.XLA ??? Thanks Herve Brelay You might be better off using the "External Data" feature of Excel. -- Rob van Gelder - http://www.vangelder.co.nz/excel "Herve Brelay" <Herve Brelay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:914C7BFE-0120-482E-9265-022B69506FF9@microsoft.com... > In Excel 200...

Formula Help #48
=IF(B3="ALL",SUMPRODUCT(--(G18:G3000=C3),(J18:J3000)),IF(C3="ALL",SUMPRODUCT(--(H18:H3000=B3),(J18:J3000)),IF(B3="ALL",IF(C3="ALL",SUM(J18:J3000))))) The first two parts of this formula work fine. If B3= all or if C3=all, I get the desired result, but if I want both cells to = all then I get $0.00 for an answer. HI Jim Try it like this =IF(AND(B3="All",C3="All"),SUMPRODUCT HTH John "JimS" <jimx22@msn.com> wrote in message news:9sjfn4l3od448148pp7mt0mfq3ck7saa8e@4ax.com... > =IF(B3="ALL",SUMPRODUCT(--(G...

Help correcting capitilization in worksheet that is entirely caps!
Someone please help! I am not a very good excel user by far and I have been trying all day to fix a worksheet that has over 3000 lines. The text cells are all written in caps, I need to fix it to where they are properly capitilized. I would even rather them be all lower case than upper. I don't know how to change it, I tried the formula in help but I cant figure it out. Please help if you know how to change it, I don't want to have to retype the entire sheet. I did find a thread on macros, but have no idea how to do that either. So here I am the dummy. Can anyone help? If your inp...

more pivot tables. HELP!
here's my dilemma: i have a list of standings for a school wrestling team. the data looks like this... bob here 19-Sep win bob there 20-Sep lose larry here 19-Sep win larry there 20-Sep win joe here 19-Sep win joe there 20-Sep lose .... and i have a "current standings" pivot table on another sheet showing who won on what date or against who. now say i add... bob here 21-Sep lose larry here 21-Sep lose joe here 21-Sep win .... immedeatly after in the next 3 rows. is there a way to have the pivot table automatically a...

InstallShield Help
Hi, I have a exe whcih has been complied as MFC using static library .. then .. i have a set of dll's which i have found using dependency walker .. when i run the setup .. it copies 2 files into the directory .. the appliction exe and an uninstall file .. I have the linked the dll's which are necessary for my .. exe ... in file groups .. but still they aren't copied .. can .. someone help me .. well i am new to installshield .. I need to figure out which OS the destination comp is .. and correspondingly ..copy the .files into the destionation directory .. Thank you. -- Regards, Ma...

Can Publisher import PowerPoint presentations?
Hi, My company has used PowerPoint to create many marketing materials not for projecting presentations but for printing (and used pdfs for emailing and viewing). We have upgraded to new computers running Windows XP and are considering whether to buy PowerPoint or Publisher. If we go with Publisher, will we have to redo all our marketing presentations? Or is there a way to transfer them to Publisher? Thanks for your assistance. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Cheryl White <cheryl@gamboaco.com>... > Hi, My company has used PowerPoi...

why i can not open the excel in windows98?
but i can open the m/s word, m/s access, m/s powerpoint except excel...what's going on? urgent.. thanks "jason" wrote: > it's just hang there...and do restart same problem.. i tried to uninstall and reinstall...same problem... can anyone help me.... so many important files...sigh..:( "jason" wrote: > but i can open the m/s word, m/s access, m/s powerpoint except excel...what's > going on? urgent.. > > thanks > > "jason" wrote: > > > Jason I can't see your 1st message What is the question peterm "...