Can the preset numbers in the column be changed?

I am trying to do a sign in sheet and would like horizontally at the top
name, address etc, and name is in A1, address is in B1 etc.  for example.  Is
there a way to make it so the numbering will reflect how many people sign in
without adding a column with numbering?  Thanks in advance.  Teresa
0
shewahya (2)

"=?Utf-8?B?c2hld2FoeWE=?=" <shewahya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I am trying to do a sign in sheet and would like horizontally at the
> top name, address etc, and name is in A1, address is in B1 etc.  for
> example.  Is there a way to make it so the numbering will reflect how
> many people sign in without adding a column with numbering?  Thanks in
> advance.  Teresa

You can add a formula in a cell to count non-empty cells:

=counta(range)

where range are the cells where the names are entered or the attendance is
marked, e.g. =counta(a2:a328)

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

But you could put your data in column B to whatever and use a formula like this:

In A3:
=if(b3="","",a2+1)
drag down for a few (lots of) rows.

And put 1 in A2 (and headers in row 1)

Then select your range A:whatever.
Data|filter|autofilter

Filter by non-blanks in column A when you want to print.

Data|Filter|Show all
when you want to see everything.

shewahya wrote:

> I am trying to do a sign in sheet and would like horizontally at the top
> name, address etc, and name is in A1, address is in B1 etc.  for example.  Is
> there a way to make it so the numbering will reflect how many people sign in
> without adding a column with numbering?  Thanks in advance.  Teresa

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dodo" wrote:

> "=?Utf-8?B?c2hld2FoeWE=?=" <shewahya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> > I am trying to do a sign in sheet and would like horizontally at the
> > top name, address etc, and name is in A1, address is in B1 etc.  for
> > example.  Is there a way to make it so the numbering will reflect how
> > many people sign in without adding a column with numbering?  Thanks in
> > advance.  Teresa
> >

> You can add a formula in a cell to count non-empty cells:
>
> =counta(range)
>
> where range are the cells where the names are entered or the attendance is
> marked, e.g. =counta(a2:a328)
>

> --
>
> It is I, DeauDeau
> (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

0
shewahya (2)

Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 to build Windows Phone OS Image??
Hi, Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone OS Image?? If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? Since the Windows Phone 7 core is Windoes CE 6.0.I am curious to know whether Windows Phone 7 OS Image can be built using Platform builder. TIA, Nithin On 29 June, 10:29, Nithin <nithin.papd...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone > OS Image?? > > If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? > > Since the Win...

count a pair of numbers in row in a table
Hello, my question is: we have the following table: 34 29 13 15 7 15 8 40 11 24 13 6 8 21 38 9 17 23 1 4 22 38 42 37 16 1 18 11 37 41 5 42 18 33 45 9 1 21 41 15 41 1 27 23 42 23 29 7 38 18 42 12 26 34 36 and this one in another sheet 1 2 3 1 2 3 I want to fill the second table with the sum of how many times the numbers if each row and column appear in the same row in the first table. for example: how many time the numbers 2 and 3 appear together in the same row on the first table Nik, Assume t...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

can I add a link in Publisher to display, "join our email list"?
I am creating a fairly simply website and need to add a button for visitors to join our email list. Is this possible in Publisher? Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail as possible. DavidF "mfreecox" <mfreecox@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Can't connect with MSN Messenger on Mac OS X
I have a G5 with the latest version of OS X. I installed Office for OSX and every app works fine. Machine is connected to the Internet and browsing and email are flawless. When I run Messenger and try to sign in it immediately returns with an error saying that it can't connet since either MSN service is down or machine is not connected to the Internet. I checked my Passport login and it works perfectly from the MSN site. Any idea about what's going on? Thanks, -Vlad Vlad Vinogradsky <vvinogra@speakeasy.net> wrote: Hi Vlad, > I have a G5 with the latest version ...

how can I move the e-mail accounts from outlook 2002 to an other computer
how can I move the e-mail accunts from outlook 2002 to an other computer same program?? ...

Restricting number of viewings?
Without using macros, is there a way to allow someone to view an application only once or twice, after which point they could no longer view the spreadsheet (for example, if I want to send a worksheet sample that I don't want to be used permenantly). I don't think so, you can restrict access with macros but this can be overcome by opening the workbook with macros disabled. You can also write code to prevent a workbook being opened unless macros are enabled, but this is overcome quite easily by anyone with a little knowledge of Excel and VBA. In short, Excel is not designed for securit...

Page numbering 12-04-09
I have taken the trouble to review all the related previous posts but do not see the answer to meet my needs. I have a 7 page document which consists of a front and back cover 2 pages each and so far 3 pages of report. Page 2 is followed by a section break next page while page 5 is followed by a section break next page. In addition I also put a section break at the end of the document which I should not need. Numbering starts on page 3 as page 1 of Y which seems to work fine. However, page 4 and 5 do not display page numbers while page 6 displays page 1 of 6 and page 7 i...

Change QuickFind to search contains
Hello, Is there a way to change the QuickFind to use the contains operator rather than begins with? Custom dev or third party recommendations are fine. Thanks. simply put a wildcard * in front of your search term in the query box and it will match the defined search fields for that entitiy type on a 'like" (contains) basis. ...

can comment indicator color be changed?
Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see the indicator. Can the color be changed and if so how please. Thanks Karl AFAIK, no, you can't change this. Maybe you can change your CF color. Bright yellow? On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:27:02 -0700, "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells >that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see >the indic...

Match formula to match values in multiple columns
Hi all, does any friend know that how can I make below formula work MATCH(A2,$K$2:$M$30,0) I am not sure I have understood correectly. Please go through the below example With data as below if you need to retrive the name of the 1st Rank holder from London. D2 = 1 D3 = London In D4 apply the below formula =INDEX($B$2:$B$9,MATCH(1,($A$2:$A$9=D2)*($C$2:$C$9=D3),0)) Please note that this is an array formula. You create array formulas in the same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar'...

Can I get my Dialog's background color already? :) Just can't figure it out
I'm trying to get the background color for the basic Dialog created using the Wizard GetSysColor(COLOR_WINDOW) isn't working (returns some other color) GetBkColor() for the DC isn't working (returns white) Where can I trap that? The dc->GetBkColor in OnPaint returns a white color I finally did GetSysColor(COLOR_3DFACE) because I noticed they are the same, but that's not really what I want Thank you. "Yasoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9FF1E6B-C815-41B0-92FA-846EDC82FBAE@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get the ba...

can't send Entourage mail
5/4 List members: Today when I tried to send several messages using Entourage I received the error message "This message does not conform to RFC2822 Standard". The messages are still sitting in the Outgoing box. This has never happened to me before. I'd appreciate any insights into why this might be happening. I've verified the Microsoft Office 2004 database - no change. I'm working on a MacPro Intel Mac. Thank you in advance for any help. Sincerely, Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: It means the system does not like the Header of the message. Chances are, ...

How can I go to a specific page number in a large document
How do I go to a specific page number in a large word document. Read the replies to your earlier identical post -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "yisaajao" <yisaajao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFC4289D-FC93-4C1B-951B-DB08CED833...

can't associate .pps with email attachment vista
-- marianne dagher You need to make the explanation / question a little clearer and please don't just use the subject area, the big message area just down a bit is easier to read!. "mariane" <mariane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB4464FA-51BA-473C-9E5A-9013262D9EC0@microsoft.com... > > -- > marianne dagher > > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus > signature database 4849 (20100208) __________ > > The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. > > http://www.eset.com ...

How can I convert my Archive Folder from its OL2002 style to the new OL2003 style?
Dear friends: The size of my Archive Folder is approaching 2 GB. How can I convert my Archive Folder from its OL2002 style to the new OL2003 style? I understand that the OL2003 style doesn't have the 2 GB limitation. I use Outlook 2003. Any hint? Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it! In news:1kp8j1le66sp3j25022kl7pktvbj63hnrp@4ax.com, Juan I. Cahis <jiclbch@SINBASURAattglobal.net> typed: > Dear friends: > > The size of my Archive Folder is approaching 2 GB. > > How can I conv...

creating a function for dividing two columns
I am trying to keep track of softball stats. I trying to make a column of batting averages. I have at bats in column b, hits in column c with the results in column d. I cant get the function right so it will display the correct result. use this =SUM(C1/B1) in cell D1. Format D1 as a number with 3 decimal places. Steve Hubbard "cflan" <cflan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212BF952-55B9-45DF-BC8C-E8B670FA6010@microsoft.com... > I am trying to keep track of softball stats. I trying to make a column of > batting averages. I have at bats in column b,...

The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest
The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest Actually it is only a web based interface to the microsoft public newsgroups. Dessi Purnama Putra wrote: > The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest Wow, you almost finished a sentence. "Dessi Purnama Putra" <Dessi Purnama Putra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17EFCDB1-9675-4413-BC27-6EC94D840DC6@microsoft.com... : The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest ...

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...

can't create item
can't create item, when i hit a link to e mail on a internet explorer . i get the error mesge .cant create item ...

Counting number of rows based on mutiple criteria
Does anyone know how to count the number of rows based on mutiple criteria on other columns? For example I want to count the number row that meet the criteria of "Yes" in Col 2 and "Yes" in Col 3. The result would be 2 in the example below. I tried different combinations of Vlookup, Countif and Sumif and could not come up with anything that worked. Col 1 Col2 Col3 A Yes No B Yes Yes C No No D No Yes E Yes Yes Your help is greatly appreciated! Hi, =SUMPRODUCT((B1:B10=&qu...

can't interface
I can see my message with others in my WLM desktop yet can't see it at the newsgroup. I do not get answers. how do I set up WlM desktop so i can interface with you? Comcast stopped newsgroups so i am going directly to m.S. Please disregard this inadvertant duplication as i made an error which will not be repeated -thank you for undrstanding. peter "Peter" wrote: > I can see my message with others in my WLM desktop yet can't see it at the > newsgroup. > I do not get answers. > how do I set up WlM desktop so i can interface with you? > Comcas...

How can you see in real time who is sending email
- Hello everyone, Exchange 5.5 How can I see in real time who is sending outbound email? Several times per week I have users sending out large amounts of email. I need to know if there is a way to see who is sending in real time. Something that will point me to the user(s) doing the sending right now (real time) Thanks for any help, Terry On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:41:45 -0500, "theitman" <nospam@olsbuff.com> wrote: >- >Hello everyone, > >Exchange 5.5 >How can I see in real time who is sending outbound email? >Several times per week I have users sending out...

Can I add additional emoticons to Communicator 2007?
I would like to increase the available emoticons in Communicator 2007. Anyone know how? AFAIK, you can't but this would be better asked in the Communication server forums. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slip...

shared email, can't privatize appointments
I have 2 secys who share an email address. THey eachmade an Outlook calendar for themselves on their own laptop. However they say they can't keep any appt "private" from the other person--that "private" doesn't work. Is this true, and is there a way around it? -- kamp "kamp" <kamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D667C78F-D0FD-4E82-A4FF-2EA717E4B66E@microsoft.com... >I have 2 secys who share an email address. THey eachmade an Outlook calendar > for themselves on their own laptop. However they say they can't ...