Can't See Rows (not hidden)

I have been sent a spreadsheet where many of the rows are "hidden" and I need
to see them. They aren't hidden in the typical hide/unhide way and I can't
figure out how to open them up. Can anyone suggest what I can do to "unhide"
the rows?

0
ChrisW1 (13)

Hi

Probably the row height is set to 0. Select the some range of rows with
missing ones included, and set new row height (p.e. 12.75)

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets

"ChrisW" <ChrisW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have been sent a spreadsheet where many of the rows are "hidden" and I
need
> to see them. They aren't hidden in the typical hide/unhide way and I can't
> figure out how to open them up. Can anyone suggest what I can do to
"unhide"
> the rows?

0
garbage (651)
1/7/2005 2:50:09 PM
thanks, it turned out to be filtered

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Probably the row height is set to 0. Select the some range of rows with
> missing ones included, and set new row height (p.e. 12.75)
>
> --
> When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee
> Arvi Laanemets
>

> "ChrisW" <ChrisW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have been sent a spreadsheet where many of the rows are "hidden" and I
> need
> > to see them. They aren't hidden in the typical hide/unhide way and I can't
> > figure out how to open them up. Can anyone suggest what I can do to
> "unhide"
> > the rows?

0
W (121)

updatable and changable row source
In my form that contain one text box (unbound) at the top and one list box in down, when I start the typing in the text box the row source of list box that is the query that depend on the text box (parameter) automatically updated and show the records in the list box. Best regards. Masoud wrote: >In my form that contain one text box (unbound) at the top and one list box in >down, when I start the typing in the text box the row source of list box that >is the query that depend on the text box (parameter) automatically updated >and show the records in the list box. Tha...

vba for find last column with hidden columns in worksheet
Hello, This code has worked for finding the last column: lc = ws.cells(7, columns.count).end(xltoleft).column. However, when I used this code for a sheet that has hidden columns it would not work. What would be the correct code in this instance? Please assist. Thanks from OffDev wannabe Hi, lc = Rows(7).Find(What:="*", SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Column Mike "OffDev" wrote: > Hello, > > This code has worked for finding the last column: > lc = ws.cells(7, columns.count).end(xltoleft).column. > > However, when I us...

Change Row Fill Color
I'm having a problem that I'm pretty sure can only be resolved with some type of Macro. I would like to know if it is possible to change the fill color of an entire row when text is entered in a specific cell within that row. For example. When "Not Received" is entered in cell C3, I would like all of row 3 to be filled with light blue. If something else is entered in that same cell (e.g. "Received"), I do not want the fill color to change at all. I know it's possible to change a single cell this way using Conditional Formatting, but how do you apply...

Moving data in a large cell range to one row
I have data in cell range A1:R34. All of the data needs to be in column A. Instead of cutting and pasting each row or column in the range, is there a way to move all of this data quickly to column A? Thanks for the help. Hi and how do you want it to move into this column?. Best would be you give an example -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1b3101c4a270$9123dce0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have data in cell range A1:R34. All of the data needs > to be in column A. Instead of cutting and ...

Why can I suddenly not see toolbar options when I'm working on a d
Suddenly when I'm working on a document I have to click on "home" or "view" or "review" etc. EACH TIME I want to use a feature like bullet or indent paragraph etc. Until today when I clicked on "home" all the home tools stayed visible at the top of the document until I moved to "view" or "review" etc. Now as soon as I type on my document, the "home" (or whatever) tools disappear and I have to click "home" (or whatever) each time to see them. How did this happen and how do I fix it??? You have &...

hidden form
When I use the database window to view the forms, some are missing! I think that somehow they are hidden from the database view, but I don't know how to unhide them. (Yes, I know they are there because they appear at certain points in running the database.) Thanks. -- Bill You don't mention which version of Access you are using. Depending on which, you can check a checkbox somewhere to "show hidden" objects. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post....

print heading row on every page
I followed the instructions for getting a heading row to repeat on every page, but I couldn't get it to work. In order to have rows repeat on every page, Go to File/Page Setup/Sheet and select the rows to repeat at top. "Betty" wrote: > I followed the instructions for getting a heading row to repeat on every > page, but I couldn't get it to work. > > Hmm....be more specific on what are you getting. Anyway... File -> Page Setup -> Sheet -> Print title: "Rows to repeat at top" Betty Wrote: > I followed the instructions for gett...

insert row when cell full, auto wrap
Hi there, I used this code in ver 2003 to insert a row and wrap text in a cell..BUT, it does not work in ver 2007. Any ideas? Much appreciated. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim NewRwHt As Single Dim cWdth As Single, MrgeWdth As Single Dim c As Range, cc As Range Dim ma As Range With Target If .MergeCells And .WrapText Then Set c = Target.Cells(1, 1) cWdth = c.ColumnWidth Set ma = c.MergeArea For Each cc In ma.Cells MrgeWdth = MrgeWdth + cc.ColumnWidth Next Application.ScreenUpdating = False ma.MergeCells = False c.ColumnWidth = ...

how do i carry a balance to next row without it continuing down?
i have made a worksheet that adds and subtracts across the row, each row is a month, then the balance in the last colunm jumps down to the next row (month)first column. everything works great but i don't want the balance for the next month continuing down to the each month same for the ending balance. what i want is to have it end each time with just the beginning balance for the coming month, then as i add a percentage rate it will add across the row and put the ending balance in the next row (month) i hope this make sense ...

Adding row to a table
I have appreciated the input of g. mayor and have found his "An alternative method of adding a row to a protected table" (http://www.gmayor.com/word_vba_examples.htm) to be quite helpful. It is designed to be an 'exit macro' and I am trying to use it in a slightly different way. My issue is that as a user tabs through a form they will always come to the last cell and tabbing to the next formfield just creates another row. So I am attempting to set up a button (commandbutton) that will run the macro and add an additional row 'on demand.' I have this...

VLOOKUP and highlight row
Hi gang, So I have a spreadsheet with 20,000 items listed by UPC code. The top 5 rows are in freeze pane mode with some direction as how to use, in cell B3 I have a empty cell where the user enters a UPC number, the cell next to it has a vlookup function that finds the item and returns the wholesale cost found in column 6 - easy enough. =VLOOKUP(B3,A6:J20012,6,FALSE) I would like it IF when vlookup finds the UPC code to highlight the entire row because the user may need to look at other data. As if you were to scroll down manually, find the row and highlight with a mouse click...

Converting a column of information into a row of information
I was curious if anyone knew of a way to convert a column into a row Essentially we receive a spreadsheet a few times a month that has a fe columns of information. Our database however can only accept cs uploads and they have to follow a very strict template. In order t properly upload the data that we are receiving I would need to turn columns into rows (or optimally into a single cell with each piece o data from that column separated by a comma). Our template works as follows. We have rows for contact name, address phone number, ect... At the end of the spreadsheet there are 3 column in w...

copy a row of data to a column in another workbook?
I am trying to get the data i enter into my charity subscription workbook, to be automatically updated in my gift aid register (workbook) so that i do not have to input twice. The data is entered into the subs register in rows and the gift aid register is entered in columns. Any ideas would be appreciated. hi, =('H:\CodeStuff\[ConnectPaths.xls]Sheet1'!D4) a formula like this in your gift aid register wb will draw the data over from your charity subscription wb. I don't know your file paths so you will have to change it to fit your set up. in the gift aid register wb, put the ...

How do I unhide The first column or row
After hiding the first column or row in Excel, how do I unhide it One way: Enter A1 in the Name Box on the left side of the formula bar and type Enter. Choose Format/Row/Unhide or Format/Column/Unhide In article <26178EB3-8474-4C26-9087-75487987BBFB@microsoft.com>, ashekumar <ashekumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After hiding the first column or row in Excel, how do I unhide it Another way - click in the column B label and drag into the empty box above the row numbers, then right-click and choose unhide same process to unhide the first row, but drag fr...

Selecting Many Non-Adjacent Rows Easily
In a spreadheet with 100's of rows, how do I easily or automatically select non-adjacent rows at a constant interval, eg every 5 rows of an 800 row sheet? Hi, Assign this macro to a keyboard shortcut. Sub jumpLines() jumpLine = 5 Selection.Offset(jumpLine, 0).Select End Sub jeff >-----Original Message----- >In a spreadheet with 100's of rows, how do I easily or automatically select non-adjacent rows at a constant interval, eg every 5 rows of an 800 row sheet? >. > What are you looking to achieve? It may be that there are far easier ways of doing what you want. -- ...

Ability to insert a row to the Payroll Quick Entry
I would like to make the following suggestion with respect to the Payroll Canada. I was wondering if the functionality in the Payroll Qiuck Entry could allow the user to insert a row when entering hours. Presently we have the ability to delete a row but not insert a row. If you are making adjustments to an individual employee you can't insert a row you have to do the adjustments at the bottom of the page. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&...

Lookup Values, etracting Row header and column header.
Hi all, I have a dat matrix having 100 rows and 100 columns. The data is dynamic and keeps changing. 3500 3550 3600 3650 3700 3550 - - - - 3600 - - - - 3650 - - - - 3700 - - - - 3750 - - - - 3800 - 20 - - 3850 - - - - 3900 - - - 15 For eg: the data in row 3800 and column 3600 shows a value of 20. Is there any function by which i can extract any positive values in the data matrix such that it gives a summary in another worksheet: # Row Column Value 1 3800 3600 20 2 3900 3700 15 Note: th...

Moving spreadsheet rows with photos Problems in Excel 2007
I have an inventory worksheet in Excel 2002. There is a photo in one cell in each row that needs to move with the row. I formatted each photo to move and size with cell, and had no problems. Have just had to change to Excel 2007. I can move the row by cut and insert cut cells, and the photo moves with it. BUT the problem comes with the rows above the cut cells - the photos move down into the blank row left by the cut row when moving to another sheet- so the photos left are not with their original rows and descriptions. I have looked at all the options that I can find (steep learning...

How can I see document in color while I'm working?
I need to be able to see document in full color while working. I've tried switching views, etc. but the only way I can see color is in "print preview." Jamie If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;320531 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:09:03 -0800, "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Counting Rows
Hello, I am trying to do the following: 1. Count populated Rows using VB 2. If the # of populated rows is less than 2 post a message box dsiplaying the count 3. If the # of populated rows is greater than 3, continue on with the rest of the macro. Anything you can do to hlep is greatly appreciated. This will look at the last populated cell in the desired row. Sub countrowsincolA() mc = 2 '"a" x = Cells(Rows.Count, mc).End(xlUp).Row If x < 2 Then MsgBox "Only " & x Else 'goon MsgBox "oh boy" End If End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel S...

XP can see 7 but 7 can't see XP
Both computers have media sharing on. Windows 7 can see my Xbox and visa versa. Windows XP can see Windows 7 and the Xbox, but neither Windows 7 nor the Xbox can see Windows XP. I thought XP could only be a client due to a network limitation on the XP side... ? -- Speaking for myself only. See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -- "Cas" <Cas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3F37A40-FF13-43CB-A508-F0C2FEE2CB82@microsoft.com... > Bo...

Cannot see Email when opened
I use Outlook 6. Whenever i open an email all i see is a blank white page. i cant see anything inside the email anyoone know what this problem is? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "JAmes" &...

Delete rows in table if checkbox value in first cell equals true
Hi People, First time caller long time observer. I'm creating a form which contains three tables. First two tables contain information such as heading, date, time, user details etc. Table three consists of 2 rows and 5 columns. First row is used for column headings and second row contains form fields where the user can record their data. The first cell of row 2 contains a checkbox and the rest contain text fields. Now, I would like the user to have the ability to add and remove rows at click of a button. After couple hours of researching I figured out the code that...

Can't see task schedule history
Hey I have a server 2008 standard on wich I cant see the schedule task history - only the last 36 hours is listed. Therefore I can not see the tasks which only runs 1 time per week. What can I do to see all task histories from the beginning? Thanks for your reply Yours Ryd ...

How do I get an asp.net gridview row with rounded corners?
Hi asp.net people, I have to implement a look and feel for a asp.net gridview where on hovering a row, it should be highlighted with a (gradient) bar with round corners. I have come as far as to highlight it with a gadient bar, but unto now without the round corners as follows: I made an image with the gradient and use a using a style sheet tot repeat that image in horizontal direction (repeat-x) accros the cells of the row: ..grid .datatable .row:hover { background-position:center; background-repeat:repeat-x; background-image:url(../img/hover.png); } To add the rounde...