Can't see my macro.

I used the following procedure to create a macro:
1.	Open the workbook which contains the data.
2.	Press ALT+F11 to activate the Visual Basic Editor.
3.	Click Module on the Insert menu to insert a
module. Type the macro above in the module's code window.
4.	Click Close and Return to Microsoft Excel on the
File menu.

However, when I try to do the following:
5.	Point to Macros on the Tools menu and click Macro.
Select the macro, and click Run.
....I can't, because my macro is not listed! Any
suggestions as to why?

Thanks for the help.

could be that you saved the macro in the personal macros module , and
your trying to find it in macros "on this sheet only
check the "macros in " combo box at the bottom of the "run macro "
screen
good luck
Moshe

MATCH, LOOKUP, macro?
I have a list of 176 items and another list of 870 items. I need to see if the items in the smaller list are on the bigger list. There is no guarentee of any ascending or descending sort order. And I need to match two values in the same row. So: IF (A2 is in B2:B871) _ AND **in the same row** C2 matches the value in col D _ THEN return "Yes" MATCH and LOOKUP seem to require a sort order. And I'm not sure how to use the row number with those. I could cobble together a macro, but I thought a built-in function might be faster and easier (not to mention I might actuall...

Macro to insert to move values of a cell to next cell in the same row
Hello, I would like to know the Macro code for Moving the Values of a cell to next cell based upon values in a particular cell. Ex:- Col A(DATE) Col B(0-30 Days) Col C(30-60days) ColD(60-90day) Jan-05 10 Feb-05 10 Based upon date in Col A i want move the value in col b and c to the next cell.Basically this for aging the items in the work sheet Hi There, Can anyone pls give the code for this query. Pls help ...

macro button on spreadsheet
I know how to create a macro and how to attach it to a button on the toolbar. What I would like to do is place a button out on the worksheet to run the macro. When I follow the directions in help it doesn't work. THANKS for the help. I am using Excel 2002. Can you be more specific about what you mean by "it doesn't work"? Are you able to create the button? How did you create the button -- via the Forms toolbar or the Controls Toolbox? Can you create it but don't know how to tell it to run your macro? On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:07:01 -0700, "SheriTingle" <Sh...

Need help creating macros
Hi there, For whatever reason when our system compiles data into Excel 2003 it creates a worksheet that looks like this (for example): Purple Purple Purple Purple Purple Green Green Green Blue Blue Blue Blue Red Red Red Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Orange Orange Orange Brown Brown Brown Brown Teal Teal Teal Black Black Black Black Grey Grey ...

activate macro
how do i automatically run a macro when i move from one worksheet to another. ie select another worksheet, then automatically run a specific macro pat Patrick, Put this sub in the ThisWorkbook module. Sh will be the worksheet that was just activated. Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) MsgBox Sh.Name ' take out the line above and put in your code End Sub -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thread gets ...

Macro if criteria
Hi, i have two macros. (macro 1 and macro 2) I need macro 1 to run if in A1 is "JOHN", in B1 is "MARY" and if C1 is empty ; and macro 2 to run if in A1 is "JIM", in B1 is "CRIS" and in C1 is "BOB". Can this be done? Thanks! Seems simple If Range("A1").Value2 = "JOHN" And _ Range("B1").Value2 = "MARY" And _ Range("C1").Value2 = "" Then Call Macro1 ElseRange("A1").Value2 = "JIM" And _ Range("B1").Value2 = &...

writing my first Macro
Hello, I am trying to write a macro for the first time in OUTLOOK 2000. I find this will help me cause I don't get around very well. But am having trouble to write one in the VBA. Can you show me how to simply write a few sentences that I can "automatically" include in an email reply to someone. Or if you can send me just a very simple sample or example of a macro that has a small paragraph email. that would be great. I have been looking on "google for hours" now, and all I could find was this sample below, but all it does is put in the "subject l...

excel
I am trying to write a macro to save a excel spreadsheet and use a cell that contains text like a customer name. Record your macro to include the File > SaveAs, then edit that line of code. Instead of ... Filename:="\\FinancialReporting\FY2006" ..., you might use .... Filename:="\\FinancialReporting\FY" & range("B2").value ... "bossman tv" wrote: > I am trying to write a macro to save a excel spreadsheet and use a cell that > contains text like a customer name. ...

transferring macros from one PC to Another
Hi, I have some macros on one PC. The machine is very slow and I want to format it. But I want to transfer all my macros to a CD or another PC. Please help me in doing that. Tell me how can I do it. Thanks Much Suman Suman, to move to another computer you can export a macro and save it, to do this from your workbook, right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor, click on the module you want to save and go to file and export file, then save it to a CD or what ever you backup to, then import it to the...

Macro to delete rows 03-17-10
I'd appreciate some help in creating a macro to delete rows. Here's what I need: 1) Delete rows 1-13 2) Then find all rows that are highlited blue and delete them 3) Then find all rows that include the text "Distr" and delete them Suggestions? Thanks in advance. Tell us how the rows came to be blue... -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "JeffF" <JeffF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:863D165C-D100-42E5-9294-3569F1829DF0@microsoft.com... > I'd appreciate some help in creating a...

See this correction patch for Microsoft Windows
--hanoxjmvugy Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="geygsediuj"; type="multipart/alternative" --geygsediuj Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="orxbebvyw" --orxbebvyw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your computer. This ...

Button fails to call macro when open an Excel via Intranet
Hi all, Can someone help me with my with this problem. I have an Excel file with a button to run a small macro: unhide and displys worksheets. It works when the file is opened with Excel. The macro is simple: Sub Button1_Click() Sheets("FF").Visible = True Sheets("FF").Select Range("C1").Select End Sub I need to open it from an intranet site. When user selects the file, the web app retrieves the file and responses to open an Excel file. But on the intrenet I get the following error massage "The macro "GenerateResource.aspx?Resour...

Cannot see CC'd recipients after e-mail is auto-forwarded
Hello Newsgroup, I have set up a rule in Microsoft Outlook to automatically forward e-mails that are sent to account A (mine) to automatically forward it to account B (also mine). Both accounts are on the same domain, but with different subdomains. The problem I am experiencing is I cannot see any CC'd recipients. For example, person 1 sends an e-mail to person 2 and CC'd me (person 3) among other people. When I receive the e-mail in account B, all I see is the message is from person 1 and sent to person 2. I cannot see that the message was CC'd to me or anyone else. Anyone els...

How to see ... Property, Details in a message
Greetings from Italy, I need to know IP of some messages I receive with Outlook (not Outlook Express) When I used Outlook Espress this was very easy: File, Properties, Details, Original message Using Outlook (2002) this seem to me impossible: How can I do ?Thank you Loplop Loplop wrote: > I need to know IP of some messages I receive with Outlook Right-click on the message, Options. Or open the message in its own window and use View -> Options. Or get the PocketKnife Peek add-on (free). > When I used Outlook Espress this was very easy: File, Properties, > Details, Or...

How to insert a Macro within a macro?
I have a sub Format() and I want another macro called: AddRows() To run in the middle of the sub Format()Macro. What I did doesn't work. I had Sub Format() ..... ..... Sub AddRows() End sub ..... End Sub. How can I do this? try Sub Format() stuff call AddRows() End sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Thrava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:178701c50d68$f99f8c70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a sub Format() > > and I want another macro called: AddRows() > > To run in the middle of the sub Format()Macro...

macro to change column to keep only last 5 characters
I'm not sure how I can use left or right or trim on this, but any suggestions? Formula method. Assuming data in column A, in B1 enter =RIGHT(A1,5) and double-click fill handle to copy down. Macro method. You choose the activecell. Sub trimmit() Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range(ActiveCell, Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp)) For Each cell In rng cell.Value = Right(cell.Value, 5) Next End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:33:51 -0800 (PST), S Himmelrich <himmelrich@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm not sure how I can use left or right ...

see somethin coool?
wipping my nose!!! ...

Insert Database doesn't "see" half my queries?
I am trying to insert a database” from Access 03 into Word 03 using the database toolbar in word. When I click “Insert Database” in word, and then browse for my query, the wizard doesn’t “see” any of the queries in which I changed a field name (ex. Dept: Department). Does anyone know a workaround for this? Right now, it’s only showing about half my queries which is a little odd. Is there a different way to insert my database? Thank you! If you check Word Tools->Options->General->"Confirm conversion at open" and go through the whole insertion process aga...

Run macro from if statement
Is there a way to run a macro from the results of an if statement? i.e. if(cell a2=1,"run macro",dont run Any ideas? What I am trying to do ultimately is show a userform if the contents of a cell are changed Thanks I can't find a way to run a macro, but where is your userform that you want to show? It is possible to call another worksheet or area in the formula. If your userform isn't on an Excel worksheet you could paste it into one. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to run a macro from the results of an if statement? i.e. if(cell a2=1,"run macro&q...

macro to find phone number and label with text
Hi-- Here's the situation: I have long lists of satellite phone bills that I need to track by individual phone users and I want to build a macro that seeks out a specific number (example, macro searches "882 156 445 4554" and in the column next to it, automatically spits out "Dan's phone." In one Excel file, I have a growing list of satellite phone numbers (~400 numbers) that I'm constantly adding to that I'm hoping the macro can draw from. In the other set of files, I have individual phone bills for each phone (about 18 separate excel files per month) wi...

Seeing Red
I use Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2002 - both of which have the very useful facility to flag messages? However, the flag is always red nowadays. Is it possible to use flags of several different colours, as it was on Outlook 97? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.679 / Virus Database: 441 - Release Date: 07/05/2004 Try Outlook 2003. I don't remember if Outlook 97 used different color flags - I have never seen that except for Tasks, which have always had the option for marking tasks with different colors.. ...

Unable to see Outlook Free/Busy calendar published locally
Folks, We've upgraded to Outlook 2003 recently and would like to post and share calendars to our own server (not on the net). I cannot for the life of me find this *.vbf file. Also, once data is published...how will I bring up "Fred's" calendar on my screen? Lots of bright ideas....hmmm...guess not. plastic_man1968@yahoo.co.uk (Plastic Man) wrote in message news:<e275250f.0409300230.769f63da@posting.google.com>... > Folks, > > We've upgraded to Outlook 2003 recently and would like to post and > share calendars to our own server (not on the net). &...

Attachng a Macro to a worksheet/book
I have created a spreadsheet that contains a macro to perform certain calcuations and functions. However, it ony works on my PC. If I send it via email to someone else to use I get a message stating that "The macros in this Project are Disabled" However, when I go into Tools, Macros and Run Macro, I can see it, but it will not run it? Any ideas? Hi ezeetyger! Sounds like the security settings in the other person's computer are set to high. Use: Tools > Macro > Security Set to Medium (gives a choice on opening a book with macros in it) Set to Low (allows all macros) ...

is there anyway in an excel macro to reorder the sheet tabs from left to right?
is there anyway in an excel macro to reorder the sheet tabs from left to right? Hi Daniel, see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#sortallsheets --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OctZdyBeFHA.3028@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > is there anyway in an excel macro to reorder the sheet tabs from left to > right? > > ...

Save file macro
I have made a macro that saves a file with the word 'new' appended to the end of the filename. However examining the macro shows that it is therefore unique to that filename. How would I change it so that when I attach the new macro to a button (which I can handle) it will attach 'new' to the existing file regardless of the filename? Or is there a better way of achieving my objective? Thanks Brian Tozer Brian Tozer wrote: Problem solved. Return to your Xmas pudding. Brian Tozer ...